AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2009-06-18, 06:54   Link #1
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Toshiba Tecra m5 laptop blue screen! Help!

Hi, i was writing up a data chart in microsoft word when all of a sudden my laptop froze. So i restarted my laptop (Toshiba Tecra M5). However, i got the Blue Screen: A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down...blah blah

Technical infofmation:

*** Stop: 0x0000007B (0xF790E524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

That's the message no matter what way i start the laptop (safe mode, safe mode with cmd prmpt, last known config, etc). It all brings me to this blue screen. When i hit normal boot, the "Windows XP loading bar thing appears, BUT the loading doesn't happen, it freezes for a second and brings me to the blue screen.

Is there any way i can fix this? I really need the files on my laptop. I've been doing a project for my intern, and i can't access the files now >.<!!

Thanks
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 08:18   Link #2
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Hi, i was writing up a data chart in microsoft word when all of a sudden my laptop froze. So i restarted my laptop (Toshiba Tecra M5). However, i got the Blue Screen: A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down...blah blah

Technical infofmation:

That's the message no matter what way i start the laptop (safe mode, safe mode with cmd prmpt, last known config, etc). It all brings me to this blue screen. When i hit normal boot, the "Windows XP loading bar thing appears, BUT the loading doesn't happen, it freezes for a second and brings me to the blue screen.

Is there any way i can fix this? I really need the files on my laptop. I've been doing a project for my intern, and i can't access the files now >.<!!

Thanks
Besides that bunch of hex values up there, is the blue screen also saying something like INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE? If not, do you see any text that looks like that?

If you really want the files now, I would get a Linux boot CD, boot with it, and evacuate all the important stuff with a USB drive. Until then, please give us more info of the blue screen. I'm leaning towards you missing some device drivers, and then this shouldn't be too hard.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 08:24   Link #3
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Besides that bunch of hex values up there, is the blue screen also saying something like INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE? If not, do you see any text that looks like that?

If you really want the files now, I would get a Linux boot CD, boot with it, and evacuate all the important stuff with a USB drive. Until then, please give us more info of the blue screen. I'm leaning towards you missing some device drivers, and then this shouldn't be too hard.
no it doesn't say inaccessible boot device.

Also the part where the power plug goes in is very very loose (i think the screws holding that section of the plate to the laptop fell off (it's gone :X). And if i don't put in the power cord the right way, that part of the corner sort of isn't up tight against the laptop, like it comes up a bit.
Old 2009-06-18, 10:53   Link #4
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
no it doesn't say inaccessible boot device.

Also the part where the power plug goes in is very very loose (i think the screws holding that section of the plate to the laptop fell off (it's gone :X). And if i don't put in the power cord the right way, that part of the corner sort of isn't up tight against the laptop, like it comes up a bit.
That wouldn't be an issue. If you run out of power you'd have no blue screen to talk to us about.

Some more information from the blue screen would be great. You don't have to give us any of the "helpful" suggestions like "Dude Windows just died" or "you should reboot your computer and talk to Microsoft." Just write down everything cryptic-looking and we'll have at it.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 06:54   Link #5
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324103/en-us

^that might help since it contains all the known causes of the 7B stop code which includes (surprise, surprise) corrupted drivers.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 07:16   Link #6
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
That wouldn't be an issue. If you run out of power you'd have no blue screen to talk to us about.

Some more information from the blue screen would be great. You don't have to give us any of the "helpful" suggestions like "Dude Windows just died" or "you should reboot your computer and talk to Microsoft." Just write down everything cryptic-looking and we'll have at it.
That's really all there is to the "cryptic" stuff you're mentioning. All i cut out was the pointless -> Check for viruses if there are any if this is the firs time you are seeing the message and stuff like run...ah hell i'll just type it.

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed harddrives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is peroperly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

That's the whole blue screen message, nothing else.

edit:

As for the link you showed me, see the thing is i don't really know what to do still. It doesn't have the "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE " message either...and i can't start any different modes >.<
Old 2009-06-20, 06:08   Link #7
sa547
*Author

Somehow, somewhere, there might be a corrupted system driver. Or just about anything.

I'm guessing one course of action to do: either try to restore the system using a restore point generated by System Restore:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...emrestore.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...w_03may19.mspx

Or have some technician (or better yet, a trusted friend who knows computers) to remove your hard disk first and backup everything on it (burned to disk or copied to another hard disk for a while), before checking exactly what went wrong.

The last resort is to reformat that disk and reinstallation of the operating system and/or software that came with it, and restoration of backup data.
Old 2009-06-21, 07:11   Link #8
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Somehow, somewhere, there might be a corrupted system driver. Or just about anything.

I'm guessing one course of action to do: either try to restore the system using a restore point generated by System Restore:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...emrestore.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...w_03may19.mspx

Or have some technician (or better yet, a trusted friend who knows computers) to remove your hard disk first and backup everything on it (burned to disk or copied to another hard disk for a while), before checking exactly what went wrong.

The last resort is to reformat that disk and reinstallation of the operating system and/or software that came with it, and restoration of backup data.
How do you do system resotre if you can't even access any type of startup without getting the blue screen?