AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-11-29, 01:38   Link #1881
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
True we have never seen Kira tell others how to fight however other then that very brief mickey mouse command he had as an orb admiral we have never seen him in a position where he would have the authority to tell others how to fight either so the lack of evidence doesn't really prove anything since he also has lacked any real oppurtunity do it as well.
Actually, the end of Destiny proves my point. Kira was already a high ranking Orb officer by then. And still the only command Kira gave had nothing to do with how aggressively Orb pilots should fight the enemy.
Quote:
Then there is the other issue he is going to face if anything at all about his service record comes out it's going to be determental to the confidence people have in him since he has essentialy jumped from ensign to a command officer.
I don't think the manner in which Orb decides to promote one of its soldiers would have any bearing for ZAFT. And besides, even if Kira's quick rise to power were to come out, they could've easily attribute it to the fact that Kira's a coordinator.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 15:57   Link #1882
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
I don't think the manner in which Orb decides to promote one of its soldiers would have any bearing for ZAFT. And besides, even if Kira's quick rise to power were to come out, they could've easily attribute it to the fact that Kira's a coordinator.
That explaination might hold up if Kira were going to the Earth Forces since people there for the most part have no idea what coordinators are really capable of but not Zaft. Especialy a jump as large as ensign straight to admiral that reaks of nepotism pure and simple and as far as his position in Zaft goes well the favortism being shown to him because of Lacus position is pretty obivous too.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 18:38   Link #1883
monster

Quote:
That explaination might hold up if Kira were going to the Earth Forces since people there for the most part have no idea what coordinators are really capable of but not Zaft.
How would you know what would hold up for ZAFT? It's a fact that coordinators are capable of making incredible achievements.
Quote:
Especialy a jump as large as ensign straight to admiral that reaks of nepotism pure and simple
And again how Orb promotes its soldiers doesn't have anything to do with ZAFT.
Quote:
and as far as his position in Zaft goes well the favortism being shown to him because of Lacus position is pretty obivous too.
If Kira gained his position unfairly because of Lacus, then that means that Lacus has a powerful influence on ZAFT. So it doesn't really matter what people might think. But if there's an issue of trust in Kira's ability to command, then Kira'll just have to work it out when and if he's confronted with that issue.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 21:20   Link #1884
Rickketik

I don't think many people would be troubled by Kira's new position.. even tho a red shirt would have been more appropriate.
You have too keep in mind that even tho Kira is pretty much unknown in ZAFT, the Freedom however is legendary. So I doubt his fellow soldiers would question his authority.. on the countrary, it would be pretty weird if the freedom's pilot was a green shirt.
Rickketik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 08:44   Link #1885
rakusukira

there's a pretty big reason why Kira is now a white coat. white coats are very influential in the council.. remember back in SEED how Rau La Cruset seemed to "influence" patrick zala to the point where he was falling right into Rau's trap to bring in world destruction..

Lacus just wanted to make sure that her loyalists hold big positions in the council or in the military in order for them to support her..
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 06:43   Link #1886
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
sligfhtly offtopic..seems like super robot taisen l they alter destiny story....
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 09:43   Link #1887
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

I don't know if it's already mentioned already, but the writers should have look into the Natural-Coordinator relationships (Athrun/Cagalli and Dearka/Miri comes to mind).
Old 2010-12-02, 19:58   Link #1888
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
I don't know if it's already mentioned already, but the writers should have look into the Natural-Coordinator relationships (Athrun/Cagalli and Dearka/Miri comes to mind).
I remember, but Kira is a Coordinator, and Fllay is a Natural so doesn't it come ridiculous that you aren't mentioning it.
Old 2010-12-02, 20:15   Link #1889
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
Dearka/Miri
Don't get me started on how lame, stupid, and contrived that breakup was. >.>
Old 2010-12-02, 23:33   Link #1890
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
I remember, but Kira is a Coordinator, and Fllay is a Natural so doesn't it come ridiculous that you aren't mentioning it.
I don't think it counts anymore since Fllay's already dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Given that Dearka and Miri barely had screen time in Destiny.

I think that's what the third SEED story (TV or movie) should look into. Did Destiny address the issue of Coordinators being an endangered species? It was brought up in SEED about the 3rd gen. Coordinators being incapable of reproduction.
Old 2010-12-03, 00:21   Link #1891
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
totally!! they should give this couple some depth... hopefully in a 3rd installment.. but please just put Kira in the limelight the right way.. I think Kira's story has not ended yet..
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 03:52   Link #1892
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Actually I was talking about how the staff tried to shove the breakup down our throats.

Dearkka? Controlling?? Seriously??? Utter BS; that's a complete and total 180 from how he'd been acting towards her in all of their screentime together. It's a complete 180 of how he acts at all.

If you're going to do something like that, at least make it remotely reasonable. And the fact that it happened off-screen makes it sound all the more like Fukuda and cohorts had absolutely no idea what they wanted to do with this couple after GSEED, and that the breakup was just a half-@$$ed attempt to cover up their lack of direction with the couple.

See, I told you not to get me started.
Old 2010-12-06, 01:54   Link #1893
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Its because of some major characters attitudes that sucks already.....

Example:

Arthur is full of doubts even after GS... why does he gets to fight Kira again?!!!!
Shinn is a lost soul.... he tries to destroy he's own native country just to prove himself and take revenge ( though its not ORB that killed his parents, idiot!!!!!)
MASK-Keteers are back...!!! Please one mask person in one gundam series ( Gundamwing) is enough....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 08:20   Link #1894
Rickketik

Quote:
Shinn is a lost soul.... he tries to destroy he's own native country just to prove himself and take revenge ( though its not ORB that killed his parents, idiot!!!!!)
No it makes even less sense.. He had a beef with Orb Because they weren't able to protect his family, so he wanted to destroy it.... lol wut?

I wonder what Morosawa was smoking while writing this shit..
Rickketik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 08:59   Link #1895
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickketik View Post
No it makes even less sense.. He had a beef with Orb Because they weren't able to protect his family, so he wanted to destroy it.... lol wut?

I wonder what Morosawa was smoking while writing this shit..
The entire point is that Shinn was looking at someone to lash out at, in this case Orb for getting involved in the war. Shinn's actions where never supposed to be rational, his just an angry kid whose being used.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 11:37   Link #1896
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
The entire point is that Shinn was looking at someone to lash out at, in this case Orb for getting involved in the war. Shinn's actions where never supposed to be rational, his just an angry kid whose being used.
Well he seemed more along the lines of being insane then simply being angry kid who's being used. Now I do agree he was being used and manipulated but those hallucinations a big red flag for some sort of problem.
Old 2010-12-06, 20:11   Link #1897
Charred Knight

Quote:
Well he seemed more along the lines of being insane then simply being angry kid who's being used. Now I do agree he was being used and manipulated but those hallucinations a big red flag for some sort of problem.
The stress of the war was obviously getting to Shinn, and he was beginning to lose it towards the end, especially the scene right before he shoots down Athrun and Meyrin.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 17:24   Link #1898
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
The stress of the war was obviously getting to Shinn, and he was beginning to lose it towards the end, especially the scene right before he shoots down Athrun and Meyrin.
I think it was more then stress I think he had the post tramatic stress disorder since the first war and he seemed to be starting to come unhinged early then when he had to shoot down Athrun and Meyrin he started showing signs once the Freedom killed Stella.
Old 2010-12-08, 01:10   Link #1899
Thousand Mistress
Glory to the Wind!

Send a message via Yahoo to Thousand Mistress
Quote:
Originally Posted by genjichan View Post
Its because of some major characters attitudes that sucks already.....

Example:

Arthur is full of doubts even after GS... why does he gets to fight Kira again?!!!!
MASK-Keteers are back...!!! Please one mask person in one gundam series ( Gundamwing) is enough....
Agreeing in the third one. Well, seeing as it's based entirely from the previous series, we can't object to that one.
AND ONE MORE THING...Shinn is the main character! This is the sole reason GSD had failed! It would have been better if they didn't make a sequel...GSD ruined the entirety of Kira being a main character and SEED's original story.
Old 2010-12-08, 05:22   Link #1900
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thousand Mistress View Post
AND ONE MORE THING...Shinn is the main character! This is the sole reason GSD had failed! It would have been better if they didn't make a sequel...GSD ruined the entirety of Kira being a main character and SEED's original story.
HIGH FIVE>>!!!!! Kira is the hero and ....................................Shinn the Zero
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote