AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-06-05, 23:09   Link #681
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahitschris View Post
mine would have to be

Spoiler for Favorite part of the movie:
Oh yeah that's definitely up there too
Old 2011-06-05, 23:13   Link #682
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Just finished watching "The King's Speech". This is an exquisitely good movie - and I'm not even normally a fan of this type of movie. Great characterizations, extreme attention to detail in creating the world of the 1930s in Britain.
Old 2011-06-06, 04:31   Link #683
Samari
World's Greatest

Saw X-Men: First Class. It's funny because I really didn't picture myself seeing this at first. Especially when I saw the initial trailer. However, I heard it had some decent feedback plus I wanted to wet my appetite before Green Lantern comes out...which I plan to see. In any case, First Class was "alright". Wasn't really a fan of some of the continuity issues that plague the movie (which I had a feeling about going in), but at the same time I know they probably had to just say "screw it" and focus on making a decent film. Professor X and Magneto are well portrayed and January Jones is sexy as hell as Emma Frost (Rose Byrne is gorgeous herself as MacTaggert). I still think the franchise needs a rest before being rebooted with the characters we all know and love, and I heard this might be the first film in a brand new trilogy...but I believe some "down time" is warranted...especially with Hugh Jackman still set to portray Wolverine again in another solo film.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 00:42   Link #684
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Old Yeller. . .I hate animals and it still gets me everytime.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 00:44   Link #685
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Saw Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, and I loved it. Me needs to be watching more sci-fi's
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 22:38   Link #686
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger's Tide: Jack Sparrow basically made this movie. Although the whole plot about the fountain of youth was also good.
Old 2011-06-08, 10:32   Link #687
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I went to nostalgiatown last night and watched my newly acquired movies The Last Starfighter and Legend (see the the Recent Purchases thread)

The Last Starfighter: After all these years (has it really been 27 years?!), it's still a great movie. Even though the effects are very dated to our jaded eyes, they still hold up fairly well. One of my favorite lines, "A mobile cave that never went anywhere. Fascinating!"

Legend: Watching this movie that I knew I liked when I was younger, something was bothering me this time around. It was the music. Apparently the director's cut included the score composed by Jerry Goldsmith, who is fine in his own right. Yet his music seemed less magical than the music provided by Tangerine Dream, and, for me, kind of ruined the experience. I haven't watched the commentary yet, so maybe they explain why they went this direction.
Old 2011-06-10, 13:54   Link #688
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Just saw Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides in 3D yesterday. Great movie, even though the 3D effects were mostly subtle.
Old 2011-06-13, 08:25   Link #689
Kallen4life

Kung-Fu Panda 2 - awesome, LOVED IT, 9/10
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 05:11   Link #690
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Just watched X-men: First class, it was pretty good. Amazing acting from the cast, my favourite being Michael Fassbender, he fit the role perfectly and kind of brought back that old feeling of awe, similar to Zachary Quinto in his first season of Heroes. Of course, being a movie of a 2h maximum, it's impossible to fit all the plot in, so I was actually pleased with Kevin Bacon's character, despite being a new face. If anything was missing, I can only think of two things: the Stan Lee cameo that's in most movies and an extra scene after the ending. Nothing much to worry about 7.8/10

P.S: Wolverine was hilarious.
Quote:
Kung-Fu Panda 2 - awesome, LOVED IT, 9/10
Heard a lot of positive feedback, definitely on my to-watch list!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 15:05   Link #691
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Buffy the Vampire Slayer, that old movie. It's no wonder Joss felt frustrated over that movie.

Domino, I shut down the media player five minutes after its beginning. Tony Scott's directing gimmick have pissed me off enough to do it. It's a good thing Domino, the real one, passed away before ever viewing the movie.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 15:21   Link #692
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Doing my one billionth rewatch of District 9, which I thankfully have been infatuated with since its release in summer 2009.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 15:32   Link #693
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
Doing my one billionth rewatch of District 9, which I thankfully have been infatuated with since its release in summer 2009.
I liked that movie a lot too, but I don't think it's one I can rewatch so many times

Hmmm... should my next movie be X-men First Class or Kung-fu Panda? Both are very tempting...
Old 2011-06-15, 15:38   Link #694
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
I liked that movie a lot too, but I don't think it's one I can rewatch so many times
I'm a huge sci-fi buff, especially hardcore sci-fi and I love the sense of humor the film has, too. I could type up paragraph after paragraph as to why it's my personal favorite movie over the last couple of years, but I'd feel like I was regurgitating the same things I've said on other boards over the last couple of years as well.
Old 2011-06-15, 16:24   Link #695
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
I'll let a friend of mine know the movie he worked on (he was on the digital effects team) still has fans. He'll appreciate it.
Endless Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 16:40   Link #696
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Hmmm... should my next movie be X-men First Class or Kung-fu Panda? Both are very tempting...
If you've read the X-men comics, you'll probably hate the fact that there's no Iceman, miss Marvel, Angel, etc. but as far as the X-men movies go, I'd say it's the second best.
Kung-fu panda, on the other hand...should be awesome and probably better than the first one!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 16:52   Link #697
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
I'll let a friend of mine know the movie he worked on (he was on the digital effects team) still has fans. He'll appreciate it.
Does he work for Image Engine or The Embassy? If so, that's pretty neat.

But yeah, I'm a huge fan. I actually own the artbook and exosuit collectible.
Old 2011-06-15, 17:10   Link #698
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Does he work for Image Engine or The Embassy? If so, that's pretty neat.

But yeah, I'm a huge fan. I actually own the artbook and exosuit collectible.
He said he mainly worked on the alien(s) so whichever company did that. He even moved to Canada to do the work.
Endless Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 17:20   Link #699
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
He said he mainly worked on the alien(s) so whichever company did that. He even moved to Canada to do the work.
Image Engine then. They're based in Vancouver.

That's pretty cool.
Old 2011-06-15, 18:34   Link #700
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

I just saw Slumdog Millionaire on FX. Another inspiring rags to richies story, but with some unique twists and great character development

Tags
live-action, movie, movies