AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-04, 18:55   Link #361
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
It's hard to say, but I can't see them going too hard down this route simply because the original story doesn't permit it. There's simply too much that's going to have to happen in 12 episodes to spend a lot of time at the Demon Hot Springs.
while that is true i wouldn't be surprise if the director didn't try to sneak in a hot spring ep. Just too much useless meat to form the directors pov to not to.
Old 2013-01-04, 18:57   Link #362
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
while that is true i wouldn't be surprise if the director didn't try to sneak in a hot spring ep. Just too much useless meat to form the directors pov to not to.
Expect beach episode actually...
Old 2013-01-04, 19:16   Link #363
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I like it. I seriously like it. The first episode is quite enjoyable.

The boy who has been used to hack-and-slash RPGs meets a rather intelligent lady who has been immersed in the world of Civilization. Of course, their ideals would clash, but the Demon Queen was able to reveal the truths of war that has been romanticized by those who never engage in it.

It's true, there are no heroes in war, both and neither side is the protagonist, and the victors of war are those who do not throw themselves in the middle of the battlefield. (Dragon Nest's story has thought me that heroes, though they may do great things, will always end up forgotten in the annals of time.)

The series is off to a good start, but I understand the worries of many. Which path would this series take? The path of romance? Or the path of adventure? As someone who is not exposed to other Maoyuu media, I cannot answer that. But I'll be optimistic about this.

Currently, just seeing Maou's useless meat is more than enough nourishment for me.

EDIT: Question! If they will release dakimakura based on this series, will they be made from a long sack of hay?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 19:31   Link #364
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Expect beach episode actually...
most of the series will happen in the winter kingdom, so Hot Springs.
Old 2013-01-04, 19:35   Link #365
HandofFate

Demon & Spice episode 1 was pretty good.

Even the voice actors for Holo and Kraft Lawrence are paired up together again.
And the character animation and OP and ED imo are similar to the Spice & Wolf form as well.

I liked the intelligent 'polite' manner the demon queen acted as well as her posture.
Laughed at the end when she took off her horns. What's the difference between demons and humans then. Unless she's also just in her human form as well.

The banter is fun, so I be continuing this series for now.
Old 2013-01-04, 19:36   Link #366
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
No, that's precisely why I expect beach episode...
Old 2013-01-04, 19:43   Link #367
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Well, the first episode of anime adapts the entire first chapter of manga...
I have to give some credits to anime for not turning it into the presentation of Maoyuu's world economic lecture. The manga is more technical with all charts and technical explanation presented in the first chapter.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 19:43   Link #368
00Coyote

Quote:
But, but you forgot the
Spoiler:
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 19:45   Link #369
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
But, but you forgot the
Spoiler:
cover in ice and snow.
Old 2013-01-04, 19:50   Link #370
Jerseykid

this reminds me of that recent anime with the guy and the girl and i think the girl turned into a wolf or something and it dealt with the trading of commodities. Something like that
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 19:52   Link #371
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
this reminds me of that recent anime with the guy and the girl and i think the girl turned into a wolf or something and it dealt with the trading of commodities. Something like that
Spice and Wolf and that is pretty old.

Similar but not exact as Maou deals with more then just economics.
Old 2013-01-04, 20:03   Link #372
Dark Wing

You know now that I think about it our demon queen doesn't really have a real name so besides Maou or "The Ruby Eyses" why not call her something simple like Ruby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
This show is going to be fighting an uphill battle with me.

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha (the Ishida Akira version) is one of my favorite stories, and I have a serious crush highly enjoy his version of Demon Queen. I've dreaded seeing this adaptation since it was announced because there is no way it could ever meet my expectations of how the story should be done. So I'm going in to this with very very low expectations.
Hold on!

Now I know from reading up on this series that the original light novel has been adapted into multiple manga. However if they all tell the same exact story with the political and economic background then whats the big deal?

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2013-01-04 at 20:19.
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 20:56   Link #373
Anjou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
You know now that I think about it our demon queen doesn't really have a real name so besides Maou or "The Ruby Eyses" why not call her something simple like Ruby?
Because that would be missing the point. DQ's title continuously change depending on situation, and that's the same for Hero as well. Off the top of my head, I recall Dark Knight and White Swordsman for Hero. For DQ, Demon Lord, Ruby Eyes, and Crimson Scholar.

I'm going to watch the episode to see if we need to adjust any of the translations in our work.

I really do question the use of Demon King for an obviously female character though. Perhaps one of the sub groups can edit the script to incorporate Demon Queen instead.
Anjou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 21:03   Link #374
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroFyction View Post
This is how you start a new series! I laughed from start to finish. LOL at the ending which I'm not spoiling by the way.

I'm hoping my initial statement on this show's trajectory was not spot on.

Questions:

Will this series cover the entire manga?

How many episodes are included in this season?

Does anyone have gifs of hero and demon queen's respective faces when they don't understand each other?

Is there one female mage or three of them?

I believe the series is only 12 eps (correct me if im wrong) but the manga is pretty long and has a ways to go, so they may do a 1cour on 1 cour off 1 cour on type of thing
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 21:09   Link #375
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroFyction View Post

Is there one female mage or three of them?
One

The Hero's campions are

Female Knight
Grandpa Archer
Female Mage - Aka Half Ass Nightmare, although she prefers Pleasant Serial Killer. Specalize in Large Area Demolition. Unfortunately she probably won't appear in s1 as anything other then a cameo.
Old 2013-01-04, 21:12   Link #376
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjou View Post
I really do question the use of Demon King for an obviously female character though. Perhaps one of the sub groups can edit the script to incorporate Demon Queen instead.
Not familiar with the source but in the anime hero himself acts surprised when he realized "demon king" is a woman,you wouldn't be able to explain that surprise if she was named "demon queen"
Old 2013-01-04, 21:17   Link #377
Anjou

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Not familiar with the source but in the anime hero himself acts surprised when he realized "demon king" is a woman,you wouldn't be able to explain that surprise if she was named "demon queen"
I haven't encountered any issues with the king vs. queen terminologies when we were slaving away at the chapters, so perhaps like Cyprene said, it's a problem with this particular adaptation. That said, I did read some suggestions on how to make Demon King flow to Demon Queen a few pages back, so who knows
Anjou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 21:18   Link #378
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Also, they say ”魔王” which literally translates to "Demon King" 魔 = Demon 王 = King'

so yeah no ones going to change it to demon queen.
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 21:19   Link #379
Cyprene

Quote:
Now I know from reading up on this series that the original light novel has been adapted into multiple manga. However if they all tell the same exact story with the political and economic background then whats the big deal?
The issue is running time. The original version of MaoYuu (The one posted on 2ch) ran to 7000 some pages on my Kindle. The book version is about 1500-2000 pages of double-spaced text, which is PURE DIALOGUE. The book version has no descriptive text, and is simply 100% dialogue with the occasional sound effect. The comics haven't even gotten out of volume 1 of the book, and they're up to volume 3.

And the anime is slated for 12 episodes, the first one of which covered no more than 30-40 pages of the first book.

Now, there are a couple ways they could do this:

1.) Adapt and cut. There is a LOT of filler in this book. If you cut out the stuff about muskets and currency inflation, you could easily knock out a thousand pages. Still, 12 episodes isn't a lot of time for something of this length.

2.) New story for the anime. Possible, but unlikely given that most of episode 1 tracked the book line for line. Also the fanbase is unlikely to receive that well. The Japanese fans for this are a very, very dedicated bunch.

3.) Split season. 12 eps now and then another 12 in Fall, or maybe next Winter. If you were careful and thoughtful, two seasons would be enough to cover the entire story.

I don't have any more information or insight into this than anybody else, but I personally think 3 is the most likely, which is why I would highly encourage anybody who is a fan of the series to WATCH IT ON CRUNCHYROLL. Split seasons are done so that if a project is a financial loss, you simply don't make the second season. So if that's what they're planning on doing (And again, I have no idea whatsoever) your supporting the show legitimately as opposed to downloading a rip could be the difference between getting to see the whole thing and only getting to see half.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 21:22   Link #380
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
The issue is running time. The original version of MaoYuu (The one posted on 2ch) ran to 7000 some pages on my Kindle. The book version is about 1500-2000 pages of double-spaced text, which is PURE DIALOGUE. The book version has no descriptive text, and is simply 100% dialogue with the occasional sound effect. The comics haven't even gotten out of volume 1 of the book, and they're up to volume 3.

And the anime is slated for 12 episodes, the first one of which covered no more than 30-40 pages of the first book.

Now, there are a couple ways they could do this:

1.) Adapt and cut. There is a LOT of filler in this book. If you cut out the stuff about muskets and currency inflation, you could easily knock out a thousand pages. Still, 12 episodes isn't a lot of time for something of this length.

2.) New story for the anime. Possible, but unlikely given that most of episode 1 tracked the book line for line. Also the fanbase is unlikely to receive that well. The Japanese fans for this are a very, very dedicated bunch.

3.) Split season. 12 eps now and then another 12 in Fall, or maybe next Winter. If you were careful and thoughtful, two seasons would be enough to cover the entire story.

I don't have any more information or insight into this than anybody else, but I personally think 3 is the most likely, which is why I would highly encourage anybody who is a fan of the series to WATCH IT ON CRUNCHYROLL. Split seasons are done so that if a project is a financial loss, you simply don't make the second season. So if that's what they're planning on doing (And again, I have no idea whatsoever) your supporting the show legitimately as opposed to downloading a rip could be the difference between getting to see the whole thing and only getting to see half.
more like 1 and 3. Split season and cut the filler. Similar to what they are doing to Horizon.

Tags
economics, fantasy, harem