AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-26, 18:26   Link #5621
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Ignoring everything else you typed since that's not the point I want to touch on...

You cannot really just guess KMM are like that seeing how little screen time they as people get...

You base that on just their doctrine, which really is a single pivot over which the bar can go in all 360 degrees of direction. Just that doctrine alone can give birth to anything as diverse as crap or brilliance
Actually, I lay out my reasoning here. It's just that it all got missed out in the drama.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 18:43   Link #5622
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yes, but we do like us some German steel clashing.

If Ooarai would get more tanks, they need to be either non-German, or uncommon German. (or the German team in the Internationals has to be using uncommons, like entirely E-series tanks or something.)

Though they will still need to contend with other tank teams that aren't Germany. Imagine a Middle Eastern team. Arabian, Persian, or even Israeli. Still using only World War II tanks rather than Early Cold War tanks (and likely not the converted jobs the Egyptian and Israeli had in the 1950s and 1960s conflicts).

Or a Chinese Team which rivals Saunders in terms of resources.

Though some of those kinds of teams would use equipment from other counties (not having native tanks of their own until after World War II). And one would not expect Ooarai to be forced to fight post-war tanks with World War II tanks....though that would make them the underdog again.

If they don't get Ami's Type 10 that is.
Old 2013-03-26, 18:57   Link #5623
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

The next GuP could be bigger with a few experimental tanks running around. Hopefully, Oorai will not be handicapped by their lack of resources. That and they should have a Japan team as opposed to different schools.

If we get a 2nd season and the competition went international, the geographic limitations would be less of a factor. I expect epic battles in the size of Kursk... (wishful thinking)

As for the era... the Cold War would be a good place to start.

Because you know, thats when the French and Italians actually made tanks that were worth a damn!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 19:01   Link #5624
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Just so long as Oarai doesn't get any of those silly French tanks.

Endless "They're all goofy looking" Soul
Old 2013-03-26, 19:06   Link #5625
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
What? Who doesn't love the French AMX Autoloader series? Those things are death on tracks.

But yeah, with the date limitation in place, they're not legal. Which is too bad, because crew limitations aside, I think the AMX series is a perfect fit to the Student Council's style.

Well except for the fact that after 12 shots they'd have to run away, and then force Momo to climb out and reload the next two drum mags.
Old 2013-03-26, 19:09   Link #5626
00Coyote

I don't often venture into a certain place on the internet, but for this image, it was worth it to brave the onslaught of stupidity.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 19:24   Link #5627
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Maho should give Miho's previous Tiger as a gift.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 19:52   Link #5628
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
What? Who doesn't love the French AMX Autoloader series? Those things are death on tracks.

But yeah, with the date limitation in place, they're not legal. Which is too bad, because crew limitations aside, I think the AMX series is a perfect fit to the Student Council's style.

Well except for the fact that after 12 shots they'd have to run away, and then force Momo to climb out and reload the next two drum mags.
Given what we've seen of the student council though, I think those 12 rounds would be enough...

...wait, what am I saying, this is the tank equivalent of more dakka. 1st rule of dakka is that there is never enuff.

Further thoughts:

When I think back on the series, it's surprising enough, but I realise that there is a strong thread of love throughout this series. Love takes many forms. We see the Student Council's actions, born of their love for the school. Miho is drawn to Panzerkraft due to love of her friends. Yukari finds common ground with Kampfegruppe Miho due to her love of tanks. The teams are effective because of their team spirit. Kay symbolises love of the game - "This is Panzerkraft, not war!"

Also, interesting to note that Rabbit Team successfully dealt with the Elefant and JagdTiger; if they hadn't taken out those two TDs, Leopon's You Shall Not Pass moment would have been very short.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2013-03-26 at 21:12.
Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 20:59   Link #5629
Marina2

I think Oarai will be better if they keep their number of tank low. No more than 10 is good.

While low number of tank is Oarai disadventage, it's also their adventage at the same time.
- Easy to command
- Easy to train
- Strong relationship between each team.

The larger your team, the less time you can pay attention to each of them.

They just have to upgrade their tanks.
Old 2013-03-26, 21:01   Link #5630
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I think Oarai will be better if they keep their number of tank low. No more than 10 is good.

While low number of tank is Oarai disadventage, it's also their adventage at the same time.
- Easy to command
- Easy to train

(The larger your team, the less time you can pay attention to each of them.)
Not to mention that, when in smaller areas, it's far easier to move around and keep mobile. The more tanks you have, the larger the area needs to be usually.

Look at how easy and fast it was for Oorai to keep circling the blocks and end up behind the last tank in the line pursuing them because there simply so many in the line.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 21:04   Link #5631
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Not to mention that, when in smaller areas, it's far easier to move around and keep mobile. The more tanks you have, the larger the area needs to be usually.

Look at how easy and fast it was for Oorai to keep circling the blocks and end up behind the last tank in the line pursuing them because there simply so many in the line.
Buuuuuuuuuut, if KMM had used a better deployment, they would have been able to cover themselves better at each intersection, trapping Oarai's tanks between them.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 21:06   Link #5632
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Yeah, I kept wondering why they didn't just have tanks go around the other way and box them in.
Old 2013-03-26, 21:09   Link #5633
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So where did Mako learn how to drive a tank in Hazzard County
Old 2013-03-26, 21:11   Link #5634
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Yeah, I kept wondering why they didn't just have tanks go around the other way and box them in.
There is danger in splitting your forces, which may make you lose local superiority of fire power, if Oorai knew KMM will try this split-envelope tactic. If you split your force evenly, Oorai could try to force 7 on 4 situation, which is much better odd compared to 14 on 4.
Old 2013-03-26, 21:22   Link #5635
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post

- Easy to command
- Easy to train

The larger your team, the less time you can pay attention to each of them.

They just have to upgrade their tanks.
Yup they should just keep their current teams and stay in low numbers. The Volleyball team needs some serious upgrades on their tank or get a much better tank.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 21:30   Link #5636
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
There is danger in splitting your forces, which may make you lose local superiority of fire power, if Oorai knew KMM will try this split-envelope tactic. If you split your force evenly, Oorai could try to force 7 on 4 situation, which is much better odd compared to 14 on 4.
The balancing of such risks is the art of tactics, but they are mostly on city streets and while they are pretty wide, only 3-5 tanks could fit in one line. Even if they have more tanks, their firepower is wasted anyway.

Besides, they have Panthers, Tiger IIs... if they can't win 7 to 4, they've got bigger problems than tactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomexe View Post
They are not.
All the rounds are TP- target practice. Their weights and powder charges are adjusted to give ballistics that approximate the original live rounds and allow the gunsights to work properly. The smoke is from a small black powder charge in the base.
Practice rounds my butt ... they are consistently shown to penetrate real steel. Besides, it is virtually impossible to find another combination of MV, weight and aerodynamics that reproduce a trajectory at all ranges. They can use softer steel in the penetrator so it doesn't penetrate quite as far when it hits and use the computer to compensate, but even that is doubtful.

Quote:
If there is a surprise is that they are apparently allowed to load REAL HE rounds- though again I suppose "common shell"- ie black powder filled instead of a real High Explosive like TNT or Amitol, could be produce the same visual effect and be less dangerous to buttoned up tanks and still scored by the computer as HE...
If anything, the blast effect seems upped from the real thing. What does seem to get reduced to insignificance is the fragmentation (though it can still blast a rock into fragments), perhaps by making the case more combustible so it is consumed nicely in the blast.

Last edited by arkhangelsk; 2013-03-26 at 22:11.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 22:34   Link #5637
Uberchu

Was the way they took down that Maus even plausible? Ignoring the weight issue which we can excuse under carbon armor.
Uberchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 22:39   Link #5638
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberchu View Post
Was the way they took down that Maus even plausible? Ignoring the weight issue which we can excuse under carbon armor.
Hana put the shot through the grill doors on the roof of the engine. That would be one of the weak spots, barring the belly, and maybe the hatches.

Last edited by Top Sergeant; 2013-03-26 at 22:41. Reason: retyping
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 22:41   Link #5639
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberchu View Post
Outside of calling in air support and bombing it to kingdom come? Very muich so. Not only was the top part relatively thin compared to the rest of the Maus, note how Anglerfish specifically aimed for the engine via its vents, which is a killshot for any tank really.
Old 2013-03-26, 22:47   Link #5640
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

I think it's less about the disabling shot than it is about if the Hetzer could really have held up the weight of even half the Maus AND the weight of the Type 89 and keeping the turret from moving for SO long to allow them to take the shot in the first place, lol.

Last edited by RX-78GP04G Gerbera; 2013-03-26 at 23:11.

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks