AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2008-08-17, 21:45   Link #221
solomon

Well it's preseason for NFL. Anyone catch any games in their local markets?
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 01:31   Link #222
mg1942

Hall of Famer Upshaw loses battle with pancreatic cancer
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3545830

He was diagnosed with that cancer only last Sunday.

This cancer is scary. Once you are diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, you only have months or days to live...
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 17:32   Link #223
solomon

Oh yea, my dad was going on about that one. Shame
Old 2008-08-22, 23:48   Link #224
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm gonna have my preview for NFL and College Football this weekend! Come up and check everytime when your there.
Old 2008-09-06, 15:40   Link #225
solomon

Woah, man. First time really sitting down and watching a college game. Nittany Lions are totally whaling on the Beavers.

Oregon; 7
Penn State: 28
Old 2008-09-06, 15:43   Link #226
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I want to see how Alabama does this week. They looked pretty good last week.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 16:38   Link #227
solomon

PSU: 35 OS: 7

Damn that Joe Paterno is some kinda old
Old 2008-09-06, 16:40   Link #228
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
PSU: 35 OS: 7

Damn that Joe Paterno is some kinda old
It was suggested that he should retire. Paterno retorted back that he would retire when he is fired as the head coach. Take that!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 17:08   Link #229
solomon

Yea, doesn't seem like he's goin anywhere anytime soon.

The PSU/OS lead was so commanding they switched to the Oklahoma Cincinnati game in my market

now it's on the wake forest/ole miss game, Do they always do this?

Last edited by solomon; 2008-09-06 at 17:48.
Old 2008-09-07, 23:33   Link #230
solomon

THERE
IS
NO
GOD

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...damaging_blow/
Old 2008-09-07, 23:55   Link #231
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Hope he's out for the season
Old 2008-09-08, 06:53   Link #232
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Right when we all thought that Tom Brady was him as well
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 11:46   Link #233
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos View Post
Hope he's out for the season
This is the third or fourth time I've seen someone make a comment like this in a variety of online forums concerning Brady's injury. Perhaps the smiley is supposed to make it all okay?

Maybe I'm just an old fogy, but I don't wish for serious injuries to befall any of these guys. Yes, I live in Patriots country, but I'm not hoping that something bad happens to Brett Favre. Professional football is these guys' livelihoods. Maybe you object to the amounts of money they get paid, but remember that salaries are highly inequitable, and most players have a career that spans fewer than four seasons. Then they return to the real world, sell insurance, and try to recover from the aftereffects of injuries like concussions.

Professional football is a brutal and often cruel game. I wish all the players a safe and healthy season.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 12:10   Link #234
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
This is the third or fourth time I've seen someone make a comment like this in a variety of online forums concerning Brady's injury. Perhaps the smiley is supposed to make it all okay?
Don't take it so seriously. I obviously don't wish any harm against any players, no matter how much I may dislike them, since that's rather malicious. It's a bit silly to make assumptions in the serious world of the internet.
Old 2008-09-08, 15:59   Link #235
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post

Maybe I'm just an old fogy, but I don't wish for serious injuries to befall any of these guys. Yes, I live in Patriots country, but I'm not hoping that something bad happens to Brett Favre. Professional football is these guys' livelihoods. Maybe you object to the amounts of money they get paid, but remember that salaries are highly inequitable, and most players have a career that spans fewer than four seasons. Then they return to the real world, sell insurance, and try to recover from the aftereffects of injuries like concussions.

Professional football is a brutal and often cruel game. I wish all the players a safe and healthy season.
Whether or not you're hoping, he's on the Madden cover. Unless the Madden curse claimed Brady and decided to screw off for the rest of the season. That old coot has his comeuppance coming soon enough.

Frankly, I'm hoping it's Romo that gets his next at the hands of the Eagles. I'm already tired of the Cowboys being the team to beat even though they haven't won a single playoff game since Troy Aikman.

Yes, I'm bitter.

As a Philly fan.

Because Brady's like Michael Jordan. His job is to entertain, and IMO he always has. And I wanted to see our new Eagles give a full-powered Pats a run for their money. But now it's meaningless unless Belichick's system can run at 100% when having to replace the main piece with an inferior product. And I think the Pats should have had another shot at the Super Bowl.

There is no justice in this world. Why do bad things happen to the people that deserve them least?

Edit: At the end of the Super Bowl, I said that the Patriots got screwed as bad as Kira Yamato in GSD 34. I didn't think I was this correct.

Hopefully Brady comes back better than ever in 2k9.

Last edited by Demongod86; 2008-09-08 at 18:13.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 16:17   Link #236
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

It was a great week to be an Eagles fan. Yes the Rams are a terrible team, but seeing the Eagles trounce them was pure enjoyment. Mcnabb is healthy again and can't wait for next week so we can knock the dailights out of those Cowboys. I also believe Mcnabb had the highest QB rating of the week until Cutler stole the spot.

As for Brady I'm kind of upset since I love watching the guy play. He is a true enjoyment to watch.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 18:18   Link #237
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
It was a great week to be an Eagles fan. Yes the Rams are a terrible team, but seeing the Eagles trounce them was pure enjoyment. Mcnabb is healthy again and can't wait for next week so we can knock the dailights out of those Cowboys. I also believe Mcnabb had the highest QB rating of the week until Cutler stole the spot.

As for Brady I'm kind of upset since I love watching the guy play. He is a true enjoyment to watch.
If McNabb and Westbrook can stay healthy then I would say they have a more than realistic shot at getting the NFC East crown. But McNabb staying healthy as we know is definitely not a for sure thing. He looks like he's back at full strength as we saw towards the end of last season when his passes looked a lot more accurate/weren't hitting the ground and his knee was clearly better. Philadelphia definitely has the strength to take down Dallas...especially now that they have three good corners in Samuel, Brown, and Sheppard. The only thing I thought was a big risk was letting Jeff Garcia walk a couple of years ago. I could see the reason why as he was a backup in his mid to late thirties and he wanted a new contract that might be hefty, but if McNabb gets injured I think it's all over. A.J. Feely just isn't that great of a quarterback to replace Donovan.

As for Brady getting injured, it sucks. He's one of my favorite players.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 19:33   Link #238
solomon

Nice game on ABC,

Penn State vs. Illinois
Old 2008-10-20, 21:40   Link #239
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Dear god WHY WHY WHY WHY
DO the Denver broncos suck so bad this year
Old 2008-11-09, 03:41   Link #240
solomon

Man I can't believe that Iowa pulled that last spurt at the end to pull past the Nittany Lions, no bowl for them awwwww.

Plus Ohio State's out of the top ten now

(scours for non SEC team to root for)

Tags
american football, sports