AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-15, 06:36   Link #141
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

Mai Kawasumi, I was also the same way. Mai (the Kanon character; this is vaguely confusing) has more in common with Kyou than Tomoyo personality-wise in my opinion. Of course, I've finished the original game with Kyou so I know her story well enough and I won't say anything else until the appointed time. Though it's important to note, "more in common" doesn't mean it's that much more. . . but it's enough that I'd consider her one over Kotomi, who also holds a superficial aspect in common (joining the club with Tohno Minagi from another well-known KeyoAni series).

Also, Kyou was swinging around Sayuri-san's wand there. One absolutely awesome addition by Kyouani: Need moar Magical Girl Kitsune Kyou-rin!

Last edited by Arcc; 2007-12-15 at 07:14.
Old 2007-12-15, 08:44   Link #142
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcc View Post
(joining the club with Tohno Minagi from another well-known KeyoAni series).
I do believe a new term has been coined for Air, Kanon (2006), and Clannad.

As for Kyou having the most diverse portrayal of herself, you have to keep in mind, she's pretty much a tsundere. Now, I really hate to slap this label on Kyou, who is pretty much my favorite Clannad lead at the moment, but it is not exactly disputable. This isn't to say she's an archetype, as Kyou does deviate quite a bit from the cookie-cutter character.

My point is that being is that when you have a tsundere, with 2 sides automatically, versus a quiet character like Nagisa, it's not exactly a fair comparison for "range of emotions" since tsuntsun and deredere are almost opposite.
Old 2007-12-19, 16:41   Link #143
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

I have an equal affection for both Kyou and Fuko, the first for her style (and graced with one of my favorite VAs) and the other for her cutesy demeanor and sympathetic plight.

Wontaek, is your avatar a photo of Claudio Abbado?
Old 2007-12-19, 16:51   Link #144
Takuto19
Yarrrr

I really like Kyou, the Fujibayashi Twins are great, really like them since i first saw them heh.

Might be a while til the Kyou arc, have a feeling they'll do Tomoyo's next, but really looking forward to it, should be great.
Old 2007-12-20, 07:18   Link #145
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

She is a great character.... Very lively out of the two..... Thought there is no disscussion on this character....

Old 2008-02-01, 19:36   Link #146
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

I'm a little disappointed that no one's bumped up this thread in light of ep 16. But I will say this:

Tsundere~ ;_; Kyou was great in that scene.
Old 2008-02-02, 05:47   Link #147
Divini
Senpai!

Did anyone else laugh at how Ryou Hirohashi (Kyou's voice actor) said "God, he pisses me off!"
Old 2008-02-02, 05:56   Link #148
Khaos

Thumbs up

I didn't like Kyou until now, she had too much of a tsundere, but after watching ep 16 she gained a lot more sympathy.
Old 2008-02-02, 14:09   Link #149
Joachim
et tu, brute?

man.. kyou is just loveable, i wish i had girlfriend like her... = S (how loveable she can be? play the game )

<--- self proclaimed kyou fanboy woooooo

and yea her VA... i love how she done her job in the game, i dunno why but because i play the game first before watching the anime.. i was kinda, well felt that she has more "emotion" when VA-ing for the game.... maybe its just me, but in the game her "rant, angry voice" is so... moelicious... i even made it into my handphone error ringtone lol
Old 2008-02-02, 18:32   Link #150
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Kyou has been ridiculously awesome in the last few episodes. I still whole-hearted support Tomoya/Nagisa, but Kyou is now easily my favorite character. I find that I tend to like the fiery-tempered hot-heads in anime for some reason...
Old 2008-02-02, 19:38   Link #151
nanaman
Musician guy

Man, when I get to play the game I will totally be going to go for the Kyou route at first. I can't say I'm too much for most tsundere roles, but Kyou is not overly tsuntsun in the way it get's irritating, I think she's just kind of cute in her way of acting, like when she tries to hide that she does like Tomoya when it's pretty much apparent that she really does. As always, the main lead is completely oblivious to this fact which is kind of a let down, but we'll probably get to see more of this as this is seemingly the beginning of her arc (?).

Now it's pretty obvious that the Tomoya/Nagisa route we're going to see in the anime which is a bit boring I think, especially when they hint too much on it because it kind of leaves out the little suspense a "harem anime" like this would have. I would support the Tomoya/Kyou route more, cause I just feel they are so well matched in their behaviour and they'd just fit good together. Well, I guess Tomoya/Nagisa fit pretty well together too, just in another way. I guess I'm just biased on the fact that I think Kyou is the most beautiful character in this series, and the one I'd go for personally (athletic girls FTW)
Old 2008-02-03, 00:04   Link #152
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Better to weaken that kind of suspense than to suddenly throw two characters together abruptly, like so many other shows. Nagisa/Tomoya are the Official Couple, but their relationship is being built gradually and believably. Plus, Nagisa's a huge improvement over, say, Ayu...

But I digress, in a Kyou thread. Anyway, Kyou is a great character. Seeing her blush so much in ep 16 was a wonder. Seeing her being deredere directly to Tomoya would be... overwhelming... Alas, I'll probably have to wait for the game to see such an interaction... ;_;
Old 2008-02-03, 00:15   Link #153
sikvod00

In the preview for ep. 17 it says Kyou is thinking of becoming a kindergarten teacher.

L-O-L
Old 2008-02-03, 00:29   Link #154
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
L-O-L

Kyou can do anything.
Old 2008-02-03, 04:03   Link #155
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanaman View Post
Now it's pretty obvious that the Tomoya/Nagisa route we're going to see in the anime which is a bit boring I think, especially when they hint too much on it because it kind of leaves out the little suspense a "harem anime" like this would have. I would support the Tomoya/Kyou route more, cause I just feel they are so well matched in their behaviour and they'd just fit good together. Well, I guess Tomoya/Nagisa fit pretty well together too, just in another way. I guess I'm just biased on the fact that I think Kyou is the most beautiful character in this series, and the one I'd go for personally
They are well matched in a way indeed, and i would argue against Kyou being tsundere in the first place, but i am not disappointed in them going for Nagisa route.
Spoiler for light spoiler concerning Clannad game structure:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanaman
(athletic girls FTW)
Wouldn't you go for Tomoyo instead then ?
Old 2008-02-03, 07:39   Link #156
nanaman
Musician guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Better to weaken that kind of suspense than to suddenly throw two characters together abruptly, like so many other shows. Nagisa/Tomoya are the Official Couple, but their relationship is being built gradually and believably. Plus, Nagisa's a huge improvement over, say, Ayu...
Well I guess you're right when you put it like that, but still it's kind of fun when the unexpected thing happens. It's just kind of more exciting when they put it together like in KimiKiss, where it's still unclear who it'll be. But of course, they're different so you can't really compare them to eachother I guess. I still like Clannad more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Wouldn't you go for Tomoyo instead then ?
Well she's kind of good too XD, I just favor Kyou because she's much more cute IMO
Old 2008-02-05, 21:18   Link #157
Malzar
Dark Watcher

Yeah Kyou is rly cute
Old 2008-02-08, 01:31   Link #158
Mai Kawasumi
Party! Drink! Sex!

dere-dere Kyou in episode 17 was awesome and cute at the same time

Old 2008-02-10, 01:24   Link #159
therationalpi

After watching episode 17 I really got to thinking about Kyou/Tomoya as a couple. What really got me thinking is how similar the two are and how they would make a great couple in that "Matching Pair" sort of way. Honestly, both of them are mischievous, but ultimately very sensitive and caring to those around them. Their senses of humor match perfectly, and they play off each other well. Supposedly, they have been friends for a long time. No surprise there, as they seem incredibly comfortable around eachother.

Really makes me want to play Kyou's arc in the game. It's pretty clear that the anime's pairing is Nagisa/Tomoya (Opposites attract theory), but the other pairings are interesting as well.
Old 2008-02-15, 16:50   Link #160
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare

YES, what, best screenshot of episode 18. I respect Kyou very much. Throughout the anime it was quite obviously who she likes but never once did she complain to anyone, or at least not yet. What I'm not hoping for is a bawling confession in the later episodes, because to me, that would absolutely destroy her character.

Last edited by KholdStare; 2008-02-15 at 20:09.
Closed Thread