AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-11-08, 06:01   Link #521
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
High heels?
Seriously? For real? O.o
I'm only 5'4, so at least for work or office wear, normal 1 1/2 or 2 inch block heels are the standard footwear.
And then there's my beloved ankle and knee length boots~ <3

But um yeah, there are all kinds of heels and platforms aside from stilettoes and pencil heels you know, I'm kinda happy for them, makes me not feel so short all the damn time
(And make up? Not even in moderation, like a basic light coat of face powder, mascara and lipgloss?)
Wonder what a girl would have to wear if she were going to a ball or formal evening party with ya? O.o

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 07:46   Link #522
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

My turn offs are:

-Smoking
-Excessive drinking
-Drugs
-Obesity
-Coarse language
-Close-mindedness
-Bigoted against anything
-Flakiness
-Two-faced
-Dishonesty

That's about it without getting into too much specifics. Don't really care about body hair or that sort of stuff. I'm an Asian guy, so my body is virtually hairless apart from armpits/pubes. Seeing a fine white girl with some thin arm hairs is kinda a turnon. As for shoes, as long as it's reasonably in fashion, I wouldn't care whether it's heel or sneakers.
Eczema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 12:10   Link #523
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

* Dull Boring Personality No sense of humor. Shy not Social

* Excessive Drugs aka Rave Addicts the only think they care about where and how to score next .

* Too many Piercings i.e. Pin Cushion

* Too many tattoos i.e. Canvas

* Too Needy no understanding of the concept private space and time

* Too Diplomatic

* Religious fanatic i.e. Bible humping, Conservative

* Lack of respect for others

* Inexperienced you really don't want to end up feeling like the Big Bad Wolf >_<

* Watches too many chic flics and expects you for compnay ..

* Emo and dresses like one . Drama Queens

* Girly-girls, ponies pink and pom poms

* Lives in the present not like hey down the line will we have two kids or four ... Hey we will get married at this chapel . Hey dont hang around tim he wont make a good best man .... @_@
Old 2008-11-08, 17:38   Link #524
Xvoki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Your list is nothing compared to some of the flaming and issues some of the guys got back there, some of it got so bad, there's a kinda feminist girl there whose posts are razor sharp harsh, she really goes all out with the sarcasm and slams a lot of the guys down xD
Yeah I thought it was a fun thread to read, not something that should be taken to seriously though XD. It seems this thread gets resurrected from the dark depths of the AS archives every so often, so I saw no harm in resurrecting the old fella again for the new generation of AS users. ^^

Now if only I can track down the “Turn Ons?” thread. XD

Last edited by Xvoki; 2008-11-08 at 17:51.
Xvoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 17:56   Link #525
Generic Asian Guy
^_^

Send a message via MSN to Generic Asian Guy
-Takes drugs/smokes (I'm thinking way into the future, babies and whatnot)
-Excessive drinking
-Too dependent/independent/eccentric (bubbly)
-Taller than me (I'm over 6 feet tall, so meeting a girl taller than me (minus high-heels)...)
-Excessive make-up/perfume
-Seeks only short-term relationships
-Egocentric
-Has no real life goals
-Emotionally unstable
-Overly religious (I'm agnostic)
-Bad hygiene
-Weak-willed (easily persuaded)
-Undevoted/unfaithful
Generic Asian Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 18:18   Link #526
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
I hate gigglers, both genders can fall under that category but the trait tends to be more prominent in girls. While most grow out of it, not all do. Other than that, I'm not incredibly critical to be honest. All I ask is that a girl be herself and easy to talk to.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 22:52   Link #527
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Just a comment. Many people seem to think that all the people who believe in something (religion) are bad, annoying or Evil, but that's not the case.

I am not a believer myself, but for what i can tell, here in france at least, there are more atheists very close-minded and aggressive than believers.

If you talk about religion with them, they become aggressive while no one push any idea on them. Talk about Close-mindedness, that is sooooooooooo hypocritical. Many of them reject many things and make many so f***** bad guesses, like thinking that a person who thinks that morals and ethics are important is religious, same about being conservative (no guys, the persons who are conservative in their lifestile are not all believers).

And also, being an atheist doesn't mean that you have to reject to read some things. Some atheists who are "open minded" see the holy bible as a book with many metaphors, and can be used to have some interesting philosophical discussion.

It's like the greek mythology. Just saying "It's full of unbelievable things so i don't want to talk about it blablabla" would be close-minded.

I don't know if a lot of people in this thread are like some people I know, but about those I know IRL, i advised them to buy a mirror, because they are close-minded while accusing the other people to be like this. And often, they classify the believers. If they know that a person is a believer, they think she/he is obviously close-minded.

Last edited by Narona; 2008-11-08 at 23:16.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 23:16   Link #528
othera

The exact same as OP's 0.o

The biggest for me is probably stupid,
othera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 23:19   Link #529
Xvoki

@Narona

It seems you taken those comments some people made about religion to heart Narona, and to be honest, this isn’t really a thread you should take seriously.

I didn't quote you because I've got a feeling you'll end up editing it again. ^^
Old 2008-11-08, 23:26   Link #530
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xvoki View Post
@Narona

It seems you taken those comments some people made about religion to heart Narona, and to be honest, this isn’t really a thread you should take seriously.

I didn't quote you because I've got a feeling you'll end up editing it again. ^^
I am not a believer myself, so no worries. I just wanted to recall that being an atheist doesn't mean being open-minded and nice for sure.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 01:42   Link #531
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
* Dull Boring Personality No sense of humor. Shy not Social

* Excessive Drugs aka Rave Addicts the only think they care about where and how to score next .

* Too many Piercings i.e. Pin Cushion

* Too many tattoos i.e. Canvas

* Too Needy no understanding of the concept private space and time

* Too Diplomatic

* Religious fanatic i.e. Bible humping, Conservative

* Lack of respect for others

* Inexperienced you really don't want to end up feeling like the Big Bad Wolf >_<

* Watches too many chic flics and expects you for compnay ..

* Emo and dresses like one . Drama Queens

* Girly-girls, ponies pink and pom poms

* Lives in the present not like hey down the line will we have two kids or four ... Hey we will get married at this chapel . Hey dont hang around tim he wont make a good best man .... @_@
This.

And I have to add crime. ..

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 03:11   Link #532
Irkalla
I asked for this

-First and most disturbing of all turn offs; Religious people who consider the bible, koran or any other religious text with supernatural superstition as anything else than a fantasy fiction book that may or not be based on real people AND talk about it as if they were facts.
-handicapped
-pomposity
-small penis
-omniscience
-nerds
-pansy
-dishonesty
-guys who get easily henpecked
-fat
-bad hygiene
-small penis
-no sense for humor
-hairiness
-heavy drugs or overdose of mild ones
-smaller or lighter than me
-demureness
-small penis
-excessive kindness
-drama queens
-nagging
-short hair
-small penis
-couch potato
...... and some more
Old 2008-11-09, 04:19   Link #533
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
^
xD
And i dare guys to read her list above me and now to say "oh, but we're not meant to take this thread too seriously~~"
I'm a girl, but i still flinched at some of those traits in the list, lol.

I guess at 19, it'd only be that age group and younger that you're basing your turn off's from, huh...

PS: how small is 'small?'
"not the size of the wand, but the magic of the stick" quote comes to mind now, tbh *snickers*

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 04:29   Link #534
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

[^2 posts above me]

Omniscience? Henpecked? What kind of traits are those?

And wow, Mystique is right. This thread is brutal.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 04:54   Link #535
Echoes

Meeting someone omniscient would be the ultimate turn-on for me. :P
Old 2008-11-09, 05:05   Link #536
Irkalla
I asked for this

Oh, but I was very serious, aside from the emphasized small penis part which was semi serious.
And of course, I'm basing my turn offs from my age and let's say till somewhere 25. When I'll grow older my list will of course change too, I may add something like smelly denture and baldness to it.

Omniscient aka smartass
henpacked as in sissy guy who is easily overpowered and dominated by his beloved girl ^_^

And it's not brutal at all, people may have various turnoffs but they also have the ability to compromise. And naturally, the older you grow, the more that "virtue" grows
Old 2008-11-09, 09:13   Link #537
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Turn offs? probably people who think too much about turn offs that they don't see the person in front of them.... if you get what I mean..
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 15:25   Link #538
Xvoki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
And i dare guys to read her list above me and now to say "oh, but we're not meant to take this thread too seriously~~"
I'm a girl, but i still flinched at some of those traits in the list, lol.
oh, but we're not meant to take this thread too seriously
Old 2008-11-09, 19:10   Link #539
Comrade
A fuckin' genius!

I've seen horror movies that were less brutal than this...
Anyway, I find it a bit hard to point out single turn offs, like most people can. I mean you have to look at the person as a whole instead of disassembling her and pointing at separate parts. Because sometimes you're so enthralled by by the girl's virtues that you don't even notice her vices.
Also, I tend to be somewhat tolerant of others (assuming we don't take things to extremes), after all I'm no Mr. Perfect. Why should I ask others to be flawless?
However, if I have to point out my turn offs. It seems there aren't that many ... I think.

1. Imprudent, light-mindedness - I don't mind if you act on impulse from time to time, that's completely normal and I understand that. All, I ask is that you think about the consequences of your actions sometimes, and give more thought to important decisions.

2. Impoliteness - I usually try to be polite and help others, so I ask that you at least try to return the favor. So what if the other person is yelling at you? Why should you stoop to his level?

3. Untidiness - This one is probably my biggest turn off and my stumbling block at the same time, because while I ask that others clean up after themselves, I sometimes tend to leave a mess myself. Therefore you don't have to clean the place spotless and I'll have no problems if you slip now and then. Basically, as long as it's not a major factor.

Anyway, this is my list and I think that I managed to point out most of them.

P.S.
Hmm, pointing out my turn offs was harder than I thought. I don't know how others can make a whole list just like that.
Old 2008-11-09, 21:57   Link #540
BOOKGLUTTON
;;'

-Hyping new fads way out of proportion
-Large glasses
-Stereotypes (no, there's no such thing as a good stereotype)
-Being cynical
-Trying to act "random"
BOOKGLUTTON is offline   Reply With Quote