AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-11-14, 03:49   Link #561
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Just finished ep 6. Now THIS is ef. Up 'til now, melodies didn't really have the same feel as memories, but ep 6 of melodies is the equivalent to ep 7 of memories.
Eczema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 04:15   Link #562
DreamerRin
Furu Furu Furu Moon~

Finished ep.6 and now I feel sick. x_x

The entire episode was pretty emotionally draining and made me just want to
kill that sensei if I was there.
One of the things that tore me up the most was what she said about Christmas...

-Goes to watch something else to forget this episode for awhile-
DreamerRin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 04:19   Link #563
psycrop

i watched epi 6 in a dark room...omg i was scare towards the end. specially when she did the low pitch voice...and from the dark screen, two evil eyes would blink. melodies lives up to memories...and gawd how i love both.
psycrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 04:44   Link #564
stewie0814

Wow, episode 6 was amazing. I kinda had a clue about the situation she was going through, but I didnt expect to to be all that it was . Great stuff indeed.
stewie0814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 07:18   Link #565
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
As it was just mentioned, Shinbo is still apart of melodies, though it is mostly down to Shin Oonuma.

& no insane visuals? Have you missed out on the Kuze scenes we've had since the start of melodies? They're completely off the wall, and what i'd expect.
Yeah, there were some moments here and there, definitely. It's not exactly devoid of it which is nice (also the patented "nobody in the universe except for the main cast" way of animating it).

Just that way back even in the earlier eps of Memories, even the most mundane scenes had crazy, dramatic angles, weird colorings and etc. Back then, it was a bit of a point of annoyance with a lot of viewers. But I sorta wish they had some of it back. Maybe a median point. Or maybe Mizuki's scenes simply are devoid of such visual trickery as to allude her straightforwardness and not hiding the agendas of most other characters.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 07:25   Link #566
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Just that way back even in the earlier eps of Memories, even the most mundane scenes had crazy, dramatic angles, weird colorings and etc. Back then, it was a bit of a point of annoyance with a lot of viewers. But I sorta wish they had some of it back. Maybe a median point. Or maybe Mizuki's scenes simply are devoid of such visual trickery as to allude her straightforwardness and not hiding the agendas of most other characters.
Yeah i know what you mean, and i'd love to see more of it in melodies though i guess it's a good way to tell the two apart. Both shows have their own level of visuals that they stick with, not both having the same set, so it works in a way if they don't go and carry on the same level for this show.
Old 2008-11-14, 09:04   Link #567
Azure_Peregrine
Film Student

Send a message via AIM to Azure_Peregrine
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Yeah, there were some moments here and there, definitely. It's not exactly devoid of it which is nice (also the patented "nobody in the universe except for the main cast" way of animating it).

I agree with you ALMOST completely. I'd love to have it all back, without even bothering to find a middle ground. I mean, I get why they changed it, that it's a turn off to a lotta people... But I loved pretty much every single one. It's still a great show, don't get me wrong. It's just felt a little more... well, standard this time around. Granted episode 6, and to an extent, 5 and 3 of this season broke out their own bits of crazy animation, but... I do miss last season.

...And I knew that Kei had quite the following back in Memories, but I'm surprised she's still got as much of one in this thread. Jeez, I know I'm gonna get grilled for this, but even if she did succeed with Hiro after college or whatever as I saw someone suggest... Well, it simply wouldn't make for a better story. Yeah, we can think about what happens on camera all we want, but Kei's never gonna get a canon win with Hiro, and I'm surprised that so many people seemed to think it was possible in the first place, back in Memories.
Azure_Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 09:47   Link #568
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Kei is like Tomoyo in Clannad. Both very cool 'onee-san' type characters who have everything in the world going for them. Kei being the sporty type, Tomoyo being the intellectual type. BUT, both are BIG losers in whatever romantic angles they've been on. Strange seeing such alpha-females being losers, but I guess a weird underdog following has developed for them.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 12:13   Link #569
Beo
where's the snow?

Some advise on analyzing of her and her actions or about people in that situation. Unless you have first hand knowledge, you do not have a clue of what you are talking about. Those that do know, will seldom talk about it.
Beo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 17:20   Link #570
destiny4everlove

Quote:
Originally Posted by destiny4everlove View Post
I took a peek at the raw of episode 6 and I so can’t wait to watch it that I decided to watch the episode with subs from a group other than the one I usually watch ef-melo from.

What an episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spoiler for to save space:
I rewatched episode 6 with subs from the group I used to watch ef-memories from and here are some more thoughts about the episode:

Spoiler for to save space:

Thank you so much for my beautiful avy and my amazing sig, TheEroKing!!!
destiny4everlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 19:00   Link #571
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Kei is like Tomoyo in Clannad. Both very cool 'onee-san' type characters who have everything in the world going for them. Kei being the sporty type, Tomoyo being the intellectual type. BUT, both are BIG losers in whatever romantic angles they've been on. Strange seeing such alpha-females being losers, but I guess a weird underdog following has developed for them.
tomoyo is athletic and smart.. but your comparison is correct. both get shafted in the romance department. its a shame because i like both of them more than the people they lost to.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 19:01   Link #572
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
tomoyo is athletic and smart.. but your comparison is correct. both get shafted in the romance department. its a shame because i like both of them more than the people they lost to.
People seem to forget that Kei is childhood friend material, and we know how that ends up around 95% of the time.
Old 2008-11-14, 19:12   Link #573
komichi

Episode 6 was simply brilliant, not even Memories' 7 could compare to how emotionally retched this was for me. From the powerful monologue, to the powerful music, to the alluded visual this is definitely the best episode so far in Melodies, can't wait for the 2nd half.
komichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 20:29   Link #574
Beo
where's the snow?

From the thoughts that should be going though his head, if someone does not sit on him he will do something that would end up getting him into trouble with the police.

Civilized thoughts do not exist at that point, just pure anger that will override any self preservation.
Beo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 21:41   Link #575
destiny4everlove

I just finished rewatching ef-a tale of memories until episode 7. About episode 7, which is the mirror episode of ep 6 in ef- melo, I know Miyako's scene is supposed to be really touching and you’re supposed to feel really bad for Miyako and all that stuff. However, even though I felt sad for her because of her past, the main emotion that I felt while watching her monologue was uneasiness. You get the feeling that she is a “little” obsessed and crazy. I could not feel as heartbroken as when I watched Yuuko’s monologue in episode 6. I know I have said that I’m not very fond of Miyako, but to my surprise, after rewatching ef-memo, I found myself not disliking Miyako as much as before. She is still not one of my favs, but I don’t hate her or truly dislike her either. In fact, I’m glad she ended up with Hiro.

I guess it’s the fact that episode 6 was much darker than episode 7, and that it mainly focused on Yuuko and Yuu that it really emotionally touched me big time.

Thank you so much for my beautiful avy and my amazing sig, TheEroKing!!!
destiny4everlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 23:18   Link #576
Generic Asian Guy
^_^

Send a message via MSN to Generic Asian Guy
Oh my Gosh...episode 6 was something else. Ef is certainly an anime that knows how to stir up emotions and feelings; I've never had the urge to be able to reach into my screen and strangle a two-dimensional character for all the pain he inflicted on Yuuko.
Generic Asian Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 00:00   Link #577
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
damn, i called it a few pages ago.. i didn't want it to be true because that's too twisted for my liking.. but this ep was great. it felt more like a 12th ep than 6... i can see where this is going.
Yeah, called it too. An easy guess, considering how creepy he tended to look. As well as
Spoiler for Fate/Stay Night (game):
Old 2008-11-15, 00:09   Link #578
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 6

That was intense. Just so intense.

I don't think it really surprises anyone that Amamiya-sensei had been sexually abusing Yuuko, but her outburst leaves us in absolutely no doubt about what mark it left on her. There's no two ways about this, and it's not something that she'll just get over because of the "power of love" or something cheap like that (cf *spoiler*Kannaduki no Miko*spoiler*). I almost think that the best resolution for this could be
Spoiler for speculation:

But even before that scene, this was an episode that was packed with meaning. There seemed to me to be this idea, at lots of different levels throughout this episode, of art being a reflection of the artist, first with Yuu suddenly being able to draw again, then with Nagi losing her ability (or desire) to draw, and then with Kuze's violin rendition that lead Yuuko to describe him as "true and genuine in his heart".

Brilliant episode.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 00:28   Link #579
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Just simply wow 0_0 that was really amazing with the story and visuals. I can't even imagine what is yet to come.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 00:52   Link #580
Generic Asian Guy
^_^

Send a message via MSN to Generic Asian Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Just simply wow 0_0 that was really amazing with the story and visuals. I can't even imagine what is yet to come.
I hope there's a "Nice Boat" in store for us ;]
Generic Asian Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, shaft