AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kannagi - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 20 28.99%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 37.68%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 26.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 5.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-24, 03:24   Link #21
Oxtail

The amount of "service" in this episode is staggering. From now on, I'm going to demand that every romantic comedy I watch include a "Daitetsu episode".
Old 2008-11-24, 04:34   Link #22
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
Just wow.... I was thoroughly entertained by this episode. Nothing much more to contribute here other than to acknowledge that Daitetsu's imagination gone wild is positively hilarious and that you just gotta love that big lug for his good intentions, even if they cause just a small dose of friction.
Old 2008-11-24, 07:55   Link #23
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Man I'm slow. I just realized that all the Art Club members are present in the OP, eg. the director, dance instructor, etc. I thought they were just random generic characters. Only took me 8 weeks to notice.

This ep was okay. Daitetsu isn't really my cup of tea, but he certainly is a unique character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Konata cameo can be seen in TV they watching, in weather report section. (1:59 min)
You mean 1:51? Doesn't look like Konata to me.
Old 2008-11-24, 11:16   Link #24
Quen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eczema View Post
Man I'm slow. I just realized that all the Art Club members are present in the OP, eg. the director, dance instructor, etc. I thought they were just random generic characters. Only took me 8 weeks to notice.

This ep was okay. Daitetsu isn't really my cup of tea, but he certainly is a unique character.

You mean 1:51? Doesn't look like Konata to me.

What a coincidence!

I'd long ago recognized Tsugumi and of course Zange-chan, but 2 days ago when I watched it was the first time I paid close attention to the other people in the OP...first I realized there was one, then two, then three, and I started yelling at my screen in exasperation Good to know it wasn't just me ^^;

Loved the ep, along with the Maid-cafe episode. These sort of mostly light hearted fillerish episodes are a real treat for me.
Old 2008-11-24, 12:35   Link #25
Lugia_yao
Framehaze

Send a message via MSN to Lugia_yao
It's a pity there's no Zange's scene in this episode...But the "Daitetsu X Jin" is so...Moe!!=.=
Old 2008-11-24, 12:45   Link #26
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eczema View Post
Man I'm slow. I just realized that all the Art Club members are present in the OP, eg. the director, dance instructor, etc. I thought they were just random generic characters. Only took me 8 weeks to notice.....
Um, me, too. lol. I wonder what clued us all in at this late date.

On a side note, I see that the seiyuu who is playing Takako, the club pres, so well -- Hayamizu Risa -- has just shown up in eps 7-8 of Skip Beat as Kanae, the other member of the Love Me group.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-11-24, 17:14   Link #27
SkoolRumble4Ya

Why does Daitatsu imagination is so wild. He's one funny character. Could that be possible a god possessing another god? Or was that Kannagi other self?
Old 2008-11-24, 17:31   Link #28
Kushi

I LOLed so hard at this episode... to me personally this might have not been the best episode but it was the funniest. 10 out of 10
Old 2008-11-24, 17:40   Link #29
Tiberium Wolf

Amazing fertile imagination!
Old 2008-11-24, 19:31   Link #30
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quen View Post
What a coincidence!

I'd long ago recognized Tsugumi and of course Zange-chan, but 2 days ago when I watched it was the first time I paid close attention to the other people in the OP...first I realized there was one, then two, then three, and I started yelling at my screen in exasperation Good to know it wasn't just me ^^;

Loved the ep, along with the Maid-cafe episode. These sort of mostly light hearted fillerish episodes are a real treat for me.
Yeah I only figured it out last week . Would think I'd have noticed it a lot earlier.

Daitetsu's imagination is a whole lot of fun. Great scenarios he was putting out there. The brotherxsister one was a whole lot of fun due to the length of it. Really carried it on well.

Poor guy got terrified though. Gets attacked by normal Nagi and then has a strange encounter with God mode Nagi. Pretty distinct since she doesn't seem to remember it. Either she knows what is happening or it really is outside of her knowledge and that fact terrifies her. Either way this kind of thing will probably continue for a while.
Old 2008-11-24, 19:39   Link #31
MaiHikari

I lol'ed so HARD it's not even pretty at the scene when the guy kept on knocking on the bathroom door and screamed "how long are you shitting in there?" as Daitetsu's imagination ran wild. And I couldn't stop lol'ing even after the scene.

Plenty of Nagi fan service this ep to make up for the lack thereof last ep.

I hope the good stuff will continue to roll for many more episodes to come--if only for comedy's sake. If they are going to end it, I need at least a plot wrap.
Old 2008-11-24, 19:46   Link #32
Joachim
et tu, brute?

daitetsu stole the show this episode lol.. a hunky guy with "moe" personality is kinda wrong at various level LOL

and his imagination? GENIUS
Old 2008-11-24, 21:26   Link #33
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

This episode was great! tons of Nagi fanservice!
Old 2008-11-24, 21:36   Link #34
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Seeing his characteristic today really reminds me of Sakura Misaki,whom happens to be the same typical imaginative character as Daitetsu.
Which certainly creates a profoundly disturbing mental picture, in and of itself.

Another very strong ep, not quite up to 6 and 7 for me but thoroughly enjoyable. I'm really enjoying the voice work across the board on this one, and continue to be impressed with the small visual details in the animation.
Old 2008-11-24, 22:13   Link #35
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I'm not sure how closely the number of 2ch posts tracks DVD sales. And I don't really know where to look up DVD sales for anime, although I'd start looking in places like amazon.co.jp, oricon.co.jp, and 7andY.jp. I'm just imagining that the otaku who post on 2channel are the same otaku who buy goods and DVDs. Maybe kj1980 or some other expert has ideas in this regard.

And yeah, I think Yamakan holds a grudge against KyoAni for firing him instead of helping him, and making such an apparently insulting statement when they did. I'll bet he loathes certain individuals over there.

I'm personally feeling somewhat vindicated for thinking he was a big creative force behind Suzumiya Haruhi, since it seems to me that he is proving his ability with this show. Not that I know whether he could do any other kind of show, but he is sure making a gem of moe self-referential comedy here.
It all just goes to show you that while people have this idealized image of Kyoani as a perfect working family that never does anything wrong by it's products or it's staff, that they are still business people at heart and capable of making PR boners to boot. Makes one wonder if all the stories you hear about these ultra happy Kyoani employees that never have to work overtime are as true as one would like to believe. On the other hand, bitterness never helped anyone either and Yamamoto has a new gig now so maybe it's time he moved on.....I don't know. Why Kurogane no Linebarrels though? Of all the shows airing this season, that's the one he picks to spite them? Obviousness never helped anyone either.

All I know is this show mildly caught my attention this week for reasons I am not going to divulge, but one could probably guess.
Old 2008-11-24, 22:29   Link #36
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

This episode was full of win.

Spoiler for ep. 8:

Oh, and I also just noticed all the characters in the OP about a week ago.
Old 2008-11-24, 23:08   Link #37
kittybear

NagiXJin S&M -- CHECK
Nagi Vs Daitetsu -- CHECK
= Full of win

The interaction between nagi and jin this episode was awesome, especially how abysmal they acted as brother and sister in front of daitetsu. If Nagi learned that from watching anime, it makes me wonder what would she learn if she watches macademi wasshoi!...
Old 2008-11-24, 23:14   Link #38
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

As any male HS age or older could tell you, that Jin-Daitetsu physique envy was quite realistic. Guys are hyper-focused on looking "grown-up" at that age and nature, in all it's cruelty, fixes it so some of them look 25 and some of them look 12. Jin's dismay rings totally true.
Old 2008-11-24, 23:32   Link #39
typhonsentra

I never would've guessed Daitetsu was such a perv. Every daydream he had.....
Old 2008-11-25, 00:38   Link #40
Itlandm
Porcupine

Yay! Unbelievable! This is the true Kannagi, full of insanity, divine intervention, complex misunderstandings, and unexpected tenderness. Mostly insanity though. Stories like these cannot be constructed. They must be born into the rare soul of a genius. A sleep deprived genius, probably.

I have to subtract a point for the excessive fanservice. It was a smart move to make it all happen in the mind of Daitetsu, though. This takes some of the edge off it. I don't mind the fanservice personally, I am not easily excited anymore. But it makes it hard to recommend the anime to all the people I'd like to see it.

The Boy Love misunderstanding toward the end made me laugh out loud, even though I have no interest in that topic myself. (I know a surprising number of scary yaoi fangirls though.) It also was quite tasteful, only implying to the over-active imagination. People with no exposure to Japanese Boy Love fiction might perhaps even not notice that context.

Much as I love the hilarity in this episode, I do expect things to turn more serious as we approach the end. And I look forward to that as well. Hopefully we get to see more of Nagi's "bright side" before the fake end. I am already hoping for a second season when the manga is concluded.
Closed Thread