AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2004-10-08, 12:02   Link #161
Thomas

is it just me or does Kon look a helluva lot like Lion San from twin spica? They're both dolls as well... Coincidence? oO
Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 12:13   Link #162
TuF

In assisting the circulation of anime,

http://www.bleachtalk.com
TuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 12:29   Link #163
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsbane68
I had a Yu Yu Hakusho flashback, does not bode well for me.
If this much doesn't bode well for you, then you're in trouble. This series has a lot in common with Yu Yu Hakusho.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 12:40   Link #164
Videric
A-O Typesetter

The 1st ep was good imo. I just hope they stick to the manga and dont do ~1000 filler episodes *ahem* naruto *cough*
Videric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 13:06   Link #165
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

I really don't see the need to compare this show to anything else done before or after, it stands or fails on it's own and that is usually the end of the story. Bleach is stuck to formula for the shonen action genre [pure filler, power-ups, endless training, harem, ect], but the interaction between the characters [esp. Rukia's relationship with Ichigo] made this one an easy read IMO.

Where the writer doesn't messup is the use of flashbacks. They are exactly what they are described to be- a flash, then it's back to the present where your attention really matters. Oh!Great and Nobuhiro Watsuki should take lessons from this guy >_< on it's proper use. The first 4 books can be considered as monster of the week material, but also useful to introduce supporting characters critical to the current long arc. So it follows that wheter or not this show will be worth keeping up with will be here as well [est: episode 9-12 with the rival ghost hunter introduced]. Bear with the show till then, if it still doesn't make sence then drop it.

Another thing to bear in mind is the fact that the writer of the manga is not only in command of the storyboard, he's also a voice actor as perhaps his favourite mascot character We can only guess of his intent on being so close to the adaptation process [which is damned rare], but the first episode itself was used to clear a number of major plot holes on the manga and expand a little more on the leads.

Spoiler:

So before raging on the changes done in the anime, pls think how the alterations will affect an event much later in the books. Not a lot of mangaka get the opportunity to revisit their work and fix something that doesn't make sense to them or attempt to make the entire work more cohesive.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 13:40   Link #166
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Another thing to bear in mind is the fact that the writer of the manga is not only in command of the storyboard, he's also a voice actor as perhaps his favourite mascot character We can only guess of his intent on being so close to the adaptation process [which is damned rare], but the first episode itself was used to clear a number of major plot holes on the manga and expand a little more on the leads.

Spoiler:

So before raging on the changes done in the anime, pls think how the alterations will affect an event much later in the books. Not a lot of mangaka get the opportunity to revisit their work and fix something that doesn't make sense to them or attempt to make the entire work more cohesive.
Very well said. I've heard a lot of people complain about these changes but none of them stopped to think why the changes were made.

Oh, and I also like the fact that the little girl didn't get eaten as an appetizer.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 18:04   Link #167
ViVi_bOi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuF
In assisting the circulation of anime,

http://www.bleachtalk.com
TuF Thx for the news update at www.bleachtalk.com but the channel that u|tima is located at is #u|tima not #ultima hope u can change thx
ViVi_bOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 18:04   Link #168
Avacado Burger
Senpai, we musn't!!!

Personally, Bleach passed the test for me: It kept my attention, interesting characters, and it got to the damn point in the first episode (which a lot of anime has a problem doing).
I see a lot of people didn't like the ED, but I didn't like the OP.

I'll be watching more of this.
Avacado Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 21:31   Link #169
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

With all the talk going on and all.. may i ask when Bleach will be getting its very own forum section here at animesuki? =P
Tsukiyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 22:04   Link #170
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I wasn't too impressed by this anime, since I'm not really into the genre, but I think I'll keep watching.

I liked to OP, I guess I can stomach rap =D. ED was alright, but nothing spectacular. There are much better EDs around this season.
Old 2004-10-08, 22:09   Link #171
Youko Recca
Breakdancing Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukiyomi
With all the talk going on and all.. may i ask when Bleach will be getting its very own forum section here at animesuki? =P

Ugh, there is no need for that.

I am REALLY hoping Bleach isn't as popular as Naruto. I want a more subtle success. It was always like that until now when the anime started, signs have been showing, I dearly am hoping...that this doesn't flesh into another Naruto craze like a deja vu. Hearing people constantly overanalyze a cartoon, make imaginary/fictional omens, unnecessary bullshit comparisons that make no sence, people fighting over fiction itself...I want to just avoid crap like that. Not fond of the idea of one of my favorites being put through the gaunlet.

And that thing with Yu Yu Hakusho...I don't see the problem, they aren't mirror images or anything. Shounen? Yeah. What else?
Youko Recca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 23:53   Link #172
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Heh, YYh went from Dead guy having a second chance, to ghost hunting to tournament style fights to nearly becoming the bad@$$ king of hell. Will Bleach head the same way? Personally not interested in speculating Reason is pretty simple, this isn't my baby so what's the point in wasting braincells attempting to look into the future. Better to spend the time to just look at the thing and see if it makes sense NOW.

So IMO, does the recent changes to the adaptation make sense? Why yes, it's just a number of overlooked detail from the first time round that didn't add up as the writer was going along.
Spoiler:
The core of the first story arc is still there: bloke with abnormal psychic powers suddenly having to take more responsibility than he was originally built for. Unless they mess up and just change the theme of a particular arc, then that would be a legit reason to complain
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 01:56   Link #173
Spooky-Electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youko Recca
Ugh, there is no need for that.

I am REALLY hoping Bleach isn't as popular as Naruto. I want a more subtle success. It was always like that until now when the anime started, signs have been showing, I dearly am hoping...that this doesn't flesh into another Naruto craze like a deja vu. Hearing people constantly overanalyze a cartoon, make imaginary/fictional omens, unnecessary bullshit comparisons that make no sence, people fighting over fiction itself...I want to just avoid crap like that. Not fond of the idea of one of my favorites being put through the gaunlet.

And that thing with Yu Yu Hakusho...I don't see the problem, they aren't mirror images or anything. Shounen? Yeah. What else?
I agree 100%.

WHO WOULD WIN IN A FIGHTZ

I hate that crap. It's hard to find a place where you can discuss shounen manga/anime maturely.
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 04:14   Link #174
IMSabbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric
I agree 100%.

WHO WOULD WIN IN A FIGHTZ

I hate that crap. It's hard to find a place where you can discuss shounen manga/anime maturely.
This WILL come, if it has its own forum or not. 2 days after the first episode and here are already 8 pages or so...
If it doesnt get a own forum, the fansub forum will get all those threads, which will be merged with this one, which will make it unreadable....

Lets face it: its popular (even though the manga isnt that well known, but narutos wasnt, too, the first 10 episodes or so), with 7-8000 people on the torrent for the first episode,
its CLASSIC shounen with power ups, power up lvl2, lvl3,ect, a staff of evil guys that are only defeated because they dont use the highest powerup, or dont want to fight seriously, ect (i see it coming: if *that* captain would have cooperated with his sword, he would be MUCH better then *this* captain....), plus

There WILL be "he would beat the crap of of HIM" discussions, and they are better placed in their own forum than in the general anime.
IMSabbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 04:18   Link #175
sarcasteak
WAHA~

i just saw bleech it is so kewl but i want 2 know wut u guyz think okay is rukia stronger than ichigo?!! cuz i think rukia is better cuz of her demon wayz and cuz shez a death GOD!

Oh the horror! ^_^;;
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 04:37   Link #176
ViVi_bOi

Inuyasha 4ever - Bleach Ep 1 Added into for Fansubs Comparisons -> http://ultima.hafio.info
ViVi_bOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 08:40   Link #177
Youko Recca
Breakdancing Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMSabbel
This WILL come, if it has its own forum or not.
Then I'm prepared to break people down, whether I take a ban or not.

Wouldn't honestly mind FMA type popularity at most.
Youko Recca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 10:41   Link #178
7thMethuselah

Yikes; 1 episode out and over 170 post allready

I just finished watching episode one and really liked it. A show with potential, possible good characters and lotsa action. I just hope the action is gonna be more than just hack&slash. Bleach certainly sparked my interest and I'm quite curious to see how it will evolve
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 10:52   Link #179
Dejital

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViVi_bOi
Inuyasha 4ever - Bleach Ep 1 Added into for Fansubs Comparisons -> http://ultima.hafio.info
Looks like ANBU & Anime-Keep have my vote.
Dejital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 11:03   Link #180
hooliganj
Team Player

Hard to say which sub is best, although the video quality on the IY-F is awful. Lunar's translation has a bit more character to it, in the same sense as the Hecto/Shinsen Gumi subs of Rurouni Kenshin, if anybody remembers those.

And, yeah, Bleach could have its own forum, especially if it would prevent 8+ pages per episode in a single thread, plus whatever the manga manages to generate. If somebody volunteered to strictly moderate the thing, it could be kept from degenerating into the typical shounen-fan insanity, but where would be the fun in that?
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote