AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-08-24, 22:06   Link #381
disturbed_red_rose
Amaya-- thats my name

Location: In a corner... of a box... in the middle of the highway...
Send a message via AIM to disturbed_red_rose Send a message via MSN to disturbed_red_rose Send a message via Yahoo to disturbed_red_rose
Mine was Pokemon or Sailor moon (one of those I think it was generally both). They generally had a good impression on me but hey I was 4 or 5... I mean anything would have impressed me lol but now I'm into Full Metal Alchemist, Tsubasa Chronicles and DNAngel and most of Hayo Miazaki's movies... mostly because even though they are generally cartoons they show a lot of emotion in them too... which shows that cartoons dont have to be all comedy (like American ones)

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain
disturbed_red_rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-24, 22:08   Link #382
disturbed_red_rose
Amaya-- thats my name

Location: In a corner... of a box... in the middle of the highway...
Send a message via AIM to disturbed_red_rose Send a message via MSN to disturbed_red_rose Send a message via Yahoo to disturbed_red_rose
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNETTER2000

one with an enormous submarine wich had a superbeamgiganticlaserweapon that needed the bow ( or a very big part of the entire submarine ) to split open and for it to rise out of the water.. then it could fire that weapon over great distances, and offcourse, nothing could withstand this "save the day/world/galaxy" weapon.

Could you mean Blue Sub No. 6?

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain
disturbed_red_rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 07:54   Link #383
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakugan no Shana
How the hell am I suppose to remember that? I can't even remember anything of anime. Also as a small child, We wouldn't know much or care of "Anime" or the difference of Anime and Cartoon. So..... You get what I mean. But I think my first anime was....... Like I said, I can't remember.
Don't remember that stuff, if I wanted to answer this way then the dubbed anime I saw in end of 1980s would've been published in Japan in 1970s. So do what I did, remember the first anime you officially saw.
Old 2006-08-25, 08:08   Link #384
Kid_Flash
Complete Idiot...

Send a message via AIM to Kid_Flash
the first anime i saw was pokemon. i dun like it now tho. NARUTO ROCKS!!!!!!
Kid_Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 09:19   Link #385
bluelotus
TuxRacer :D

Ahh - nostalgia

Well I'm certainly not the 'all-consuming' otaku. But there are some anime I really like. So I have two crucial experiances with anime.

The first animes I ever saw were back in the late 70's - when I was a little kid - "Nagagutsu wo Haita Neko" ("Puss'n Boots") and the sequel "Nagagutsu wo Haita Neko 80 Nichikan Sekai Isshuu" both from Toei Animation. I liked them very much.
I did a little research though and I now noticed that a person called Miyazaki Hayao was one of the key animators ... the anime world IS a village *lol*
Then there was "Kyaputen Fyucha" (Captain Future) also from Toei - which was my favorite TV show in the early 80's

Then in my teen years in the 80's and early 90's I didn't watch any anime because I considered it as for kids - and you all know what a teen don't want to be: a kid

But then - when I was a young adult - there was "Ghost in the Shell" and "Shin Seiki Evangelion". These titles opened my eyes for what anime can be. I was blown away! Really great stuff.

And so since then I'm constantly looking for some similiar good anime. And particularily I found good anime: obviously all the "GitS" incarnations; "Texhnolyze"; "Lain"; ... and most recently "Ergo Proxy" (really great stuff).
bluelotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 09:20   Link #386
Grungir

Robotech... had to be in 86. They played it on TV at 4:30, then realized it was too violent and pulled it half way through. I LOVED it. Then, other than Akira, Ninja Scroll, and GitS, didnt see another anime series until a few months ago. I am now addicted
Grungir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 21:45   Link #387
bara_ouji
Gao...

.........I think it was either Pokemon, Sailor Moon, or Utena...

Either way, I think I was 13.
bara_ouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 22:25   Link #388
cyw1988
Japaholic

Send a message via MSN to cyw1988
Hmm The first I ever saw... Hmm I think it was GhostSweeper... But the one that actually got me hooked to watching anime was Gatekeepers... was really awe-struck with all the cool CG then....
cyw1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 10:08   Link #389
frenzied_fox_demon

Send a message via Yahoo to frenzied_fox_demon
first anime ever

My first ever anime/movie was Totoro. I think thats how its spelled anyway. I was very young about 5? Maybe younger give or take. Its the reason why im into anime and manga now. Id like to properly thank the great creater but alas i dont know how to spell his name. His work is amazing.
frenzied_fox_demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 00:56   Link #390
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Sailor Moon was the first anime I saw. I watched it back in highschool. Its the main reason Im an anime freak today, its no longer in my top 20 anime list but its still kinda sentimenal ^^
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 04:31   Link #391
LynRee
-

I think it was Neon Genesis Evangelion, a few years ago. Or maybe Slayers... can't remember it too well...
LynRee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 19:20   Link #392
Olf-chan

Hmm...
The first anime I ever saw was probably Moomin Ikka then Sailor Moon.
But the first anime I saw in Japanese was Evangelion then Ai mai me Strawberry Eggs.
Olf-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 19:22   Link #393
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
I can't really remember, because I was only about 3 or 4 years old at the time. It could've been Hana no Ko Lunlun or some sappy anime about a girl searching for her father (and losing two dogs on the way).

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 23:35   Link #394
darkscythe

Mazinger Z, Gaiking or Starzinger, I'm not sure exactly, but it was one of these series xD.
darkscythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 23:39   Link #395
wontaek

Mine was something about 3 Space Cadets fighting evil in the space in 1974 or 1975. its title in Korean was 우주 삼총사

Last edited by wontaek; 2006-10-24 at 00:20.
wontaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 00:01   Link #396
DanielSong39

The first one I remember watching was Anne of Green Gables (1979), while I was back in Korea. I think I might've watched Candy Candy (1976) as well, but I'm not certain.

One thing's for sure; the biggest hit back there at that time were the Smurf's Adventures (1981).

I also might've seen Nausicaa (1984), but my memories from back then are a bit hazy.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 00:19   Link #397
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
The first one I remember watching was Anne of Green Gables (1979), while I was back in Korea. I think I might've watched Candy Candy (1976) as well, but I'm not certain.

One thing's for sure; the biggest hit back there at that time were the Smurf's Adventures (1981).

I also might've seen Nausicaa (1984), but my memories from back then are a bit hazy.
I saw Anne of Green Gables as well in Korean. Did not care for Candy Candy: Too girlish for my young heart.
wontaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 17:19   Link #398
Buterfliedreem

Thumbs up

Sailor Moon!! and its still one of my faves!
Buterfliedreem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 18:09   Link #399
fizzmaister
The Tall One

sailor moon

or maybe megaman if that was anime

the first one that I distinguished from cartoons and inadvertantly statrted my anime (lightly) junkiness was Gundam wing on cartoon network. Much later, I acquired gundam wing and I found Seed at the same time. The rest is history.
Old 2006-10-26, 19:31   Link #400
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Being Japanese, I have NO idea, since I'm sure I was barely able to even utter a few words when I first saw an anime.

However, the anime that comes to my mind when I think back as early as I can, are Dr. Slump, and various Fujiko Fujio anime (Doraemon, Paaman, Hattorikun, Kaibutsukun, etc).

I remember going to granpa's place to get him to buy me doraemon manga, since my single-parent mom wouldn't. And when he was broke, we'd go catch some crabs for fun at the dirty-ass Yodogawa river next to his horribly old, broke-down house in one of the poorest neighborhood in Osaka.

Yeah, we were poor as hell.
I would never have imagined my family enjoying the middle-upper class wealth they are now, back then.