AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: What is your favorite coupling?
Kenshin x Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) 12 12.77%
Heero x Relena (Gundam Wing) 5 5.32%
Sousuke Sagara x Kaname Chidori (FMP) 34 36.17%
Edward Elric x Winry Rockbell (FMA) 10 10.64%
Kyo Sohma x Tohru Honda (Fruits Basket) 14 14.89%
Sasuke Uchida x Sakura Haruno (Naruto) 2 2.13%
Sasuke Uchida x Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto) 6 6.38%
Hikaru Shindo x Akira Touya (Hikaru no Go) 5 5.32%
Shinji Ikari x Kaoru Nagisa (Evangelion) 4 4.26%
Shindou Shuichi x Yuki Eiri (Gravitation) 2 2.13%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-05-13, 04:26   Link #1
Scrumhalf
Ed & Winry? :O

Send a message via MSN to Scrumhalf
Talking Favorite all-time Anime coupling?

I'm sure this kinda thread is a first around here.
I've included both straight & yaoi pairings; just to make it fair towards the diverse fans out there.
Vote and comment away!

- Scrum

Last edited by Scrumhalf; 2004-05-13 at 07:19.
Scrumhalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 04:38   Link #2
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf
I'm sure this kinda thread is a first around here.
I've included both straight & yaoi pairings; just to make it fair towards the diverse fans out there.
Vote and comment away!

- Scrum
Where was the poll again?
Old 2004-05-13, 04:49   Link #3
Scrumhalf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
Where was the poll again?
Now its here. Enjoy
Old 2004-05-13, 06:29   Link #4
7thMethuselah

hmmm, did we need a poll, I'd preferred a free choice instead of a forced one. Also there is no "other" option.

Anyway some of my favorite couples are

Nemu and her brother (Da Capo) : I really wanted them to develop this relationnship a bit deeper but they didn't

Aoi and Kaoru ( Ai Yori Aoshi) : A weird relationship between people who don't know each other at all and still manage to love each other

Kagome and Inu Yasha : Inu Yasha's struggles with his feelings for Kagome are soo adorable (especially when he screws up angain )

Ginji and Ban (Get Backers) : These two are kickass especially when Ginji switches into chibi form

But the best couple in my opinion is

*drums*

Chise and Shuuji - Saishuuheiki Kanojo this is a couple that goes through alot during their being together, all sorta emotions, circomstances, doubts love, sadness, happyness, ... all come into play, and they are you regular high school girl and boy which makes you realise it could happen in your street.
(ok, I know Chise isn't exactly a "regular" high school girl but I meant from her abilities )

PS In the poll I voted for Kaname/Sagara
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 06:58   Link #5
Scrumhalf

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
hmmm, did we need a poll, I'd preferred a free choice instead of a forced one. Also there is no "other" option.

Anyway some of my favorite couples are

Nemu and her brother (Da Capo) : I really wanted them to develop this relationnship a bit deeper but they didn't

Aoi and Kaoru ( Ai Yori Aoshi) : A weird relationship between people who don't know each other at all and still manage to love each other

Kagome and Inu Yasha : Inu Yasha's struggles with his feelings for Kagome are soo adorable (especially when he screws up angain )

Ginji and Ban (Get Backers) : These two are kickass especially when Ginji switches into chibi form

But the best couple in my opinion is

*drums*

Chise and Shuuji - Saishuuheiki Kanojo this is a couple that goes through alot during their being together, all sorta emotions, circomstances, doubts love, sadness, happyness, ... all come into play, and they are you regular high school girl and boy which makes you realise it could happen in your street.
(ok, I know Chise isn't exactly a "regular" high school girl but I meant from her abilities )

PS In the poll I voted for Kaname/Sagara
Oh yea, free-choice should also be an option if you feel like it. Just post your comments if theres a coupling that I haven't mentioned
Yea thanks for reminding me; I always tend to keep forgetting about an 'Other' option everytime I post polls - the poll is not there to force you to vote; it can be optional.

Scrum

Last edited by Scrumhalf; 2004-05-13 at 07:18.
Old 2004-05-13, 07:09   Link #6
Zyan

I voted for Kaname and Sagara.

My favourite couple is Miyazawa Yukino and Arima Soujiro in Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou. It's great watching them coming to terms with themselves and growing in strength with each other.
Zyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 09:03   Link #7
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

my GOD if i had a penny for every thread like this...
any poll that has to do with anime relationships within the spectrum of all anime that has ever existed is fundamentally flawed
there's roughly 200 "couplings" you missed, and a lot of the ones to choose from are assumptions (i consider ANY naruto romance to be a complete assumption and have reached the conclusion that the creator doesn't care about romance between 12 year olds at this point and time)
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 09:24   Link #8
Tima
Konichiwa

[QUOTE=Kyuven]there's roughly 200 "couplings" you missed, and a lot of the ones to choose from are assumptions[QUOTE]

I agree. It's better to just asked people who there favorite couple is I think.

My favorite anime couples are Yuriko star and captain tylor from Irresponsible Captain Tylor and Doumyouji Tsukasa and Makino Tsukushi from Hana Yori Dango.

Last edited by Tima; 2004-05-14 at 00:57.
Tima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 11:11   Link #9
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
my GOD if i had a penny for every thread like this...
any poll that has to do with anime relationships within the spectrum of all anime that has ever existed is fundamentally flawed
there's roughly 200 "couplings" you missed, and a lot of the ones to choose from are assumptions (i consider ANY naruto romance to be a complete assumption and have reached the conclusion that the creator doesn't care about romance between 12 year olds at this point and time)
I think it is very safe to say Romance isn't really a main issue in Naruto, the only bit of romance in it is their for it's comical note that it adds. Everytime we get a sentimental/romantic moment (which rarely happens (unless sakura and sasuke are in the same room)) it is twisted in such a way to make you laugh.
Apart from that it is sometimes used to show what the characters motivations are (eg Naruto trying to impress Sakura)
Old 2004-05-13, 12:45   Link #10
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
I think it is very safe to say Romance isn't really a main issue in Naruto, the only bit of romance in it is their for it's comical note that it adds. Everytime we get a sentimental/romantic moment (which rarely happens (unless sakura and sasuke are in the same room)) it is twisted in such a way to make you laugh.
Apart from that it is sometimes used to show what the characters motivations are (eg Naruto trying to impress Sakura)
THANK YOU! at least someone agrees with me!
Old 2004-05-13, 13:03   Link #11
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Hum... you listed several couples from Naruto and didn't list some of the greatest romace animes Kimagare Orange Road, Maison Ikkoku, Ah my Goddess! and Video Girl Ai? o_O;;;

I'd have to vote "Other" for Ah My Goddess's Keiichi and Belldandy(I'm still trying to finish reading the manga).
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 13:15   Link #12
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

out of the choices you gave I actually like all of them but had a hard time deciding between Kenshin & Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) and Kyo Sohma & Tohru Honda (Fruits Basket)
Cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 13:15   Link #13
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade

I'd have to vote "Other" for Ah My Goddess's Keiichi and Belldandy(I'm still trying to finish reading the manga).
Oh I almost forgot about those !!! Maybe we should add the Urd - Gan-chan (the rat) as a couple too, they were so cute when they married in adventures ot mini-goddesses

Don't panic about the manga, I still have 15 volumes to go as well
Old 2004-05-13, 13:22   Link #14
Kyuven

alright i supposed i'll put my favorite too:
Mihama Yuna and Shikimori Kazuki (just because these two are so frickin' awesome)
Old 2004-05-13, 14:14   Link #15
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I'll vote other!

It has to be Yusaku Godai & Kyoko Otonashi from Maison Ikkoku!

Or...

Asakura Minami & Uesugi Tatsuya from Touch!
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 14:22   Link #16
roguenoir
Rogue Member

1) Yuuichi and Ayu (Kanon)
2) Haruka and Ayato (Rahxephon)
3) Kei and Mizuho (Onegai Teacher)

Least Favorite: Shinji and Kawaru

Though I'm a bit biased against yaoi, I think it's clear that Shinji is straight (he subtly hits on Rei, Misato, and Asuka thought he's too shy to make a move.) Shinji and Kawaru's relationship is described more as shounen-ai than love, focused mostly on emotional attachment.
roguenoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 01:39   Link #17
Karala

Well while there should be an 'other' as an option, I have to say, you've listed some of my favourite pairings so it was a hard choice...

bwahahaha, and I voted for two people that aren't even a real couple, or any sort of a couple, I'm so stupid... lol
Karala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 14:24   Link #18
MasterFuu

Just voted for Kyo Sohma x Tohru Honda (Fruits Basket). But if I had to chose someone other then ones in the poll I would go with "Godai and Kyoko-san" from the legendary Maison Ikkoku.
MasterFuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 14:41   Link #19
BellaD

If I had different choice............my fav couple would be Kyo-Kyoshiro and Yuya from(Samurai deeper Kyo).
Who is the friend of all.
--
BellaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 15:05   Link #20
Karala

Why do I see people who spell Sasuke's last name as Uchida? Is it a typo or... just why? Shouldn't it be Uchiha? I see Uchida a lot...
Karala is offline   Reply With Quote