AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-04, 20:26   Link #381
kyosak
poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
This was never Tomoyo's decision. Tomoyo never made the decision to be separated from Tomoya. She did not care for the criticisms that had been hurting her relationship with Tomoya, it was Tomoya who felt uneasy and decided to let Tomoyo have a better future.
Good catch, I knew I had something mixed up! It's been a while, lol. But yeah, either way I felt like Kyou's route was much more eventful. This is also why I think Tomoyo's route worked out nicely in that DVD episode but I'm afraid of a possible train wreck with Kyou's route being animated.
Old 2009-06-04, 20:35   Link #382
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
Good catch, I knew I had something mixed up! It's been a while, lol. But yeah, either way I felt like Kyou's route was much more eventful. This is also why I think Tomoyo's route worked out nicely in that DVD episode but I'm afraid of a possible train wreck with Kyou's route being animated.
Kyou needs like 60 minutes at least. It's getting 20. (I think.)

There is indeed a penny on the track.
Old 2009-06-04, 22:48   Link #383
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'm pretty sure Kyou can finish off whatever she wants to do to Tomoya in less than 20 minutes.

Also KyoAni has surprised us on just how much stuff they can get into 20 minutes and make it still work.
Old 2009-06-05, 01:13   Link #384
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I'm pretty sure Kyou can finish off whatever she wants to do to Tomoya in less than 20 minutes.

Also KyoAni has surprised us on just how much stuff they can get into 20 minutes and make it still work.
I would have to agree with you on that because they have done an amazing job at pacing the series itself as well as the extra episodes (including Tomoyo's route.) Aside from a couple of pacing blunders I've caught here and there, they did a very good job at pacing overall so I'm confident that KyoAni will give us a nice 20 minute special with Kyou's route being animated.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-06-05, 16:10   Link #385
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

They finished all the important parts of Tomoyo's route in the anime proper...

They animated like 5 minutes of Kyou's route.

But you're right, KyoAni can pack a surprising amount of content into one episode, so we'll see.
Old 2009-06-05, 18:02   Link #386
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
But you're right, KyoAni can pack a surprising amount of content into one episode, so we'll see.
Oh, that I am very confident of. For anyone who read Full Metal Panic and then watched the anime, you know what I am talking about.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-06-07, 18:01   Link #387
Seitsuki
Onee!

Still there will inevitably be things that get missed out. Even with speed reading and skipping out whole bits of text (that concerned Ryou.. :P) it took me about 3-4 hours to complete the route. Still if the important parts are covered it should be great.
Old 2009-06-08, 06:41   Link #388
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikita View Post
Still there will inevitably be things that get missed out. Even with speed reading and skipping out whole bits of text (that concerned Ryou.. :P)
No, not the Ryou parts! They're the most important!
Of course, I just have a soft spot for her. Not an offical haremette my ass.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend

Last edited by swtrooper42; 2009-06-08 at 08:17.
Old 2009-06-08, 19:49   Link #389
Seitsuki
Onee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
No, not the Ryou parts! They're the most important!
Of course, I just have a soft spot for her. Not an offical haremette my ass.
Don't delude yourself. Kyou is so much more important than Ryou. The difference between them is the same as the difference between Tomoyo and Kyou. (flame shield UP!) The only person more insignificant is the old lady Tomoya tries to help across the street (I'll stop here..)
Old 2009-06-08, 20:21   Link #390
Tak

Quote:
Don't delude yourself. Kyou is so much more important than Ryou. The difference between them is the same as the difference between Tomoyo and Kyou. (flame shield UP!) The only person more insignificant is the old lady Tomoya tries to help across the street (I'll stop here..)
It was because of Ryou that Kyou professed her love for Tomoya, you know?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2009-06-08 at 22:15.
Old 2009-06-08, 20:40   Link #391
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
...You DID play the routes, right? Especially Kappei's?
Old 2009-06-08, 23:38   Link #392
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I always looked at the Kyou/Ryou route that if you chose to stay with Ryou, Kyou would suffer greatly hence why you aren't awarded a "light". Whereas if you choose Kyou, Ryou has grown stronger with the little time she has spent with Tomoya and is better off than when they started going out.

Overall I just didn't like Ryou, her personality really got on my nerves when she'd be stuttering. Some people will think it's cute but I ain't got all day for someone to hand me a couple of lousy printouts...

And Kyou's ending? Oh man Tomoya didn't deserve such a nice girl... =D

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2009-06-09, 14:14   Link #393
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Overall I just didn't like Ryou, her personality really got on my nerves when she'd be stuttering. Some people will think it's cute but I ain't got all day for someone to hand me a couple of lousy printouts...
She gets, like, infinitely better over the course of the route though, as you know.

And then there's the ending of Kappei's route...

Quote:
And Kyou's ending? Oh man Tomoya didn't deserve such a nice girl... =D
Kyou's route made me hate her. That's all I'm saying. (Mostly has to do with the date-hijacking though...)
Old 2009-06-09, 17:04   Link #394
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
She gets, like, infinitely better over the course of the route though, as you know.
Yes I know but how I see it, the reason she grows stronger and gains confidence is because she tries to be like Kyou; she knows Tomoya and Kyou have chemistry and wants to have the same sort of relationship with Tomoya.

Quote:
Kyou's route made me hate her. That's all I'm saying. (Mostly has to do with the date-hijacking though...)
Maybe I'm just a softy on matters of the heart but Tomoya didn't really think about going out with Ryou, it just seemed convenient to me that he had someone to hang around with and got lunch, etc. But yes you could progress and Tomoya took it serious but I didn't like the idea of someone suffering for another's happiness.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2009-06-09, 18:03   Link #395
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Yes I know but how I see it, the reason she grows stronger and gains confidence is because she tries to be like Kyou; she knows Tomoya and Kyou have chemistry and wants to have the same sort of relationship with Tomoya.
So, by your logic, the reason Ryou goes stronger and gains confidence in Kappei's route as well is because she still wants to be more like her sister?

Pretty sure Ryou's development in both routes is for the same reason: She's growing into herself more and becoming more comfortable with expressing herself.

Of course, later in Kyou's route she DOES try to be more like her sister, but...
Old 2009-06-09, 22:22   Link #396
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Quote:
So I'm guessing your not the shy girl type?

I personally like Ryou's ending. It's not a bad end. It's not.
Mostly because Tomoya chooses to like her for herself and finally become serious. She sees no reason to change and become like Kyou. It also helps that it occurs at the end of the "happy" part of the route before all the angst starts up.

Quote:
she knows Tomoya and Kyou have chemistry and wants to have the same sort of relationship with Tomoya.
I think that she thought Kyou and Tomoya were just friends. She went through her second year hearing all these fun stories about Tomoya from Kyou. Plus she was honestly attracted to him. Since nothing happened between Kyou and Tomoya, I guess she assumed that they were in a permanent "Just Friends" zone. If there's no action for a year, I think it's OK to make a move.

Also, Ryou is Kappei's route is awesome. Just wanted to point that out.

Sameo, Paladin of Legend
Old 2009-06-09, 22:27   Link #397
Tak

Quote:
I think that she thought Kyou and Tomoya were just friends. She went through her second year hearing all these fun stories about Tomoya from Kyou.
Just to add some details. In the drama CD, Ryou admitted that she had done a terrible thing to her sister. Even before she confessed to Tomoya she knew, very clearly that her sister likes Tomoya, she knew who her sister was looking at since their 2nd year in school. Yet, she still asked her sister to help out knowing Kyou would not refuse her requests.

It wasn't just they were friends. Oh no, Ryou knows...

- Tak

Old 2009-06-09, 22:29   Link #398
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

I never got into drama CDs. /Kagami
Are drama CDs official canon though?

Sameo, Paladin of Legend
Old 2009-06-09, 22:31   Link #399
Tak

Quote:
I never got into drama CDs. /Kagami
Are drama CDs official canon though?
The drama CDs are the individual routes in Clannad game condensed. They all follow the official game story. They however, do provide additional details on the characters.

- Tak

Old 2009-06-10, 00:29   Link #400
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Well, if we're going into content that never appeared in the game...

In Kyou's Another Story, she seems to be basing how far she can go in her relationship with Tomoya on how far Ryou went with him...

So it's not like Kyou isn't guilty of the same things Ryou is.

Just saying.
Closed Thread