AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-28, 19:02   Link #101
flou
That's no lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrus View Post
Jesus Christ! Sorry for having an opnion . Okay upon reflection i was wrong, but if i wanted to have people metaphorically slit my throat and spit down my neck i would of gone to 4chan. I can see why you keep your reputation disabled if that's the way you behave on the board Duckroll.
Are you being sarcastic? He's not insulting you. He's simply making a point. Calm down
flou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 19:36   Link #102
arkon

Well, the tone of his post was rather insulting. There are ways to make a point without coming across as a dick (as fun as that is to be on the internet with little to no fear of reprisals).
arkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 00:32   Link #103
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Oh come on, don't be overdramatic drama queens. I call it as I see it, if you post something be prepared to defend it. I'm not insulting anyone, just pointing out how utterly retarded and naive that point of view was. :P
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 03:20   Link #104
terrus

I think Duckroll took my post too sersiouly. All i was trying to say was that one place looks like it belongs in a sci-fi movie and the other a fantasy i am not 'retarded' and naive enough to think it is that black and white in the real world. It is an odd idea that is all, however that is not to say that i do not like it or think that it is a bad idea to have in a piece of fiction.
terrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 04:17   Link #105
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Okay if you're so hurt I'll apologize. I'm sorry. Now let's get back to discussing about the show.
Old 2008-04-30, 21:29   Link #106
Same_Shark

I do hope the anime is a lot more interesting than the plot flying around the net.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 23:34   Link #107
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://www.xamdou.com

There's an update on the official site now. They've launched a special 2008 Spring special section of the site showcasing the designs from the show as well as animated genga (keyframe) scenes.

Right now what's up are the designs for Akiyuki, Akiyuki's Xamdou form, the ASP Suits, the weapons the ASP Suits use, a truck design and the backgrounds where Akiyuki turns into Xamdou. The first keyframe feature is the transformation scene by Hashimoto.
Old 2008-05-02, 03:24   Link #108
wao
OK.

Oh wow, thanks so much for the update - I'm really thrilled by the sakuga section on the site; for a studio with such good animation it's taken them long enough to give an official treat to sakuga fans on the official site itself (unless I'm mistaken) Wonder if they picked it up from Gainax or something.

But it's really nice... I wonder if anyone's able to extract the video itself or at least export it into individual images? I can't read all the stuff on the genga sheets at once but I wish I could pause at each image and read it...
At least now genga sheets look slightly less mystifying now that I know that those curved lines with notches in them are something like directions for the in-betweeners with regards to timing the in-between movement.

I also love those layout drawings (I'm assuming 2 of them are since they're on paper with the frame included), you've really got to admire the level of drawing... Hope they add more and more and it doesn't die off quietly
Old 2008-05-02, 03:38   Link #109
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Oh wow, thanks so much for the update - I'm really thrilled by the sakuga section on the site; for a studio with such good animation it's taken them long enough to give an official treat to sakuga fans on the official site itself (unless I'm mistaken) Wonder if they picked it up from Gainax or something.
Wouldn't be the first thing they picked up from gainax

Also somewhat related, according to the most recent blog update about the OP/ED production, the shows Assistant Director seems to be someone named Daisuke Tokutsuchi, who is an ex-member of Gainax, but seemingly now affiliated with Bones.
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 10:31   Link #110
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
But it's really nice... I wonder if anyone's able to extract the video itself or at least export it into individual images? I can't read all the stuff on the genga sheets at once but I wish I could pause at each image and read it...
http://www.mediafire.com/?1a2zningtwd

Edit: If you want to save the .swf file and play it back at full resolution whenever: http://www.xamdou.com/special/movie/01C285.swf

Last edited by duckroll; 2008-05-02 at 14:15.
Old 2008-05-03, 00:31   Link #111
wao
OK.

Right. Where is your temple so I may go worship you with offerings, O Great and Benevolent duckroll-sama? I hope it's in the West but I don't mind going even to St. John's Island to pay homage.

Spoiler for allow me to blather on to myself:

...and that was all just one brief moment in the trailer that I couldn't even remember until looking at the drawings
Old 2008-05-03, 04:50   Link #112
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Glad you enjoyed it, but I think the credit goes to BONES - the people that actually designed and drew it, and then put it online.

I'm really surprised how high resolution the actual source is. It's a lot more detailed than what Gainax put up for Gurren Lagann even. This looks like a pretty serious sakuga project for BONES.
Old 2008-05-04, 15:58   Link #113
UnDeaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Glad you enjoyed it, but I think the credit goes to BONES - the people that actually designed and drew it, and then put it online.

I'm really surprised how high resolution the actual source is. It's a lot more detailed than what Gainax put up for Gurren Lagann even. This looks like a pretty serious sakuga project for BONES.
I doubt Gainax even considered releasing their production process at larger resolutions since they are eventually going to sell us their multiple "groundwork" books.
UnDeaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 05:28   Link #114
duckroll
綺羅星★!

The cast list is out from Animage:

Akiyuki Takehara - Atsushi Abe
Haru Nishimura - Fumiko Orikasa
Furuichi Teraoka - Shinnosuke Tachibana
Midori Nishimura - Ayumi Fujimura
Ryuuzou Takehara - Unshou Ishizuka
Fusa Takehara - Risa Hayamizu
Namiaki - Yuko Sanpei
Ifune Kouhi - Yumi Tamai
Old 2008-05-07, 10:10   Link #115
aardvark

Glad to see the Bones tradition of using newer-ish/not as well known VAs for the lead character continues

Also, Fumiko Orikasa, yay!
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 17:52   Link #116
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
The cast list is out from Animage:

Akiyuki Takehara - Atsushi Abe
Haru Nishimura - Fumiko Orikasa
Furuichi Teraoka - Shinnosuke Tachibana
Midori Nishimura - Ayumi Fujimura
Ryuuzou Takehara - Unshou Ishizuka
Fusa Takehara - Risa Hayamizu
Namiaki - Yuko Sanpei
Ifune Kouhi - Yumi Tamai
I see Yuko Sanpei is working with Bones again. Nice cast list. Should be good.
Old 2008-05-09, 04:37   Link #117
wao
OK.

Well that's just odd, it's the first time I've seen an anime website update the secondary/minor characters before the two big ones... unless I've gone blind/insane/both... well, then again, we've all seen pictures of Akiyuki and Haru so it's time we saw the requisite third wheel and all the other folks I suppose

I do like the character design of Nakiami very much though, that side profile of hers on the official site just inexplicably seems to be my cup of tea - like a very nice Yoshida design except not exactly. I think it's those eyebrows. And that scan posted a page or two back.
And she's voiced by Yuko Sanpei~ yay
Old 2008-05-09, 13:59   Link #118
terrus

Quote:
I do like the character design of Nakiami very much though, that side profile of hers on the official site just inexplicably seems to be my cup of tea - like a very nice Yoshida design except not exactly. I think it's those eyebrows. And that scan posted a page or two back.
And she's voiced by Yuko Sanpei~ yay
Me too, she kinda looks like a background character from final fantasy X. And it it'll be intresting to hear Yuko Sanpei in a female role as the only work with her in it that i've seen was when she did the voice of Renton in Eureka Seven.
Old 2008-05-09, 23:25   Link #119
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrus View Post
Me too, she kinda looks like a background character from final fantasy X. And it it'll be intresting to hear Yuko Sanpei in a female role as the only work with her in it that i've seen was when she did the voice of Renton in Eureka Seven.
Watch My-Otome 0. She voices a girl there.
Old 2008-05-12, 15:48   Link #120
terrus

They've added the main characters on the offical website, don't know if this old news or not :P.

Tags
bones