AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 120 Rating
Perfect 10 12 16.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 24.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 21.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 9.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 6.76%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-11, 01:36   Link #801
Fermat

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
And on that note, if QS is used by completely Awakening one's arm, why does Irene/Clare's arm not take on it's Awakened appearance when using it?
I've actually wondered about this myself. I support BlackMagister's theory. Perhaps the QS is actually a sliver away from 100% release and not an actual 100% release, but the added statistic from that miniscule percentage of yoki is too insignificant, so Irene just says it's essentially a full awakening anyway.

As for awakened forms, I'd love it if Roxanne's form had a "many faces" theme to it, i.e. a distorted but discernibly jovial face opposite/back-to-back with an angry face, perhaps even more, just to be consistent with the "Love and Hate" nickname. And then her main body may be an amorphous mass of tentacles akin to The Destroyer, constantly changing shape and attacking with projectiles of various shapes and sizes and such, to be consistent with her ability to mimic other techniques.

As for Hysteria's form, a cheetah, perhaps? Maybe even something resembling a spine-tailed swift? There's a serious lack of significant flying ABs (Priscilla aside, of course), so maybe it's about time we had another one. Anyway, all I know is that it has to be pretty, or Hysteria will be very, very unhappy.
Old 2011-11-11, 04:34   Link #802
MalakTawus

Probably QS uses 100% yoki without changing the form of the arm.
Even if it remains a "normal" arm,it's still called an awakened arm since it actually uses the maximum yoki output,well above the limit.
Old 2011-11-11, 05:52   Link #803
Gooral
Banned

Assuming that 3 ZAOs will be defeated (which is rather obvious), what do you think Miria and the rest will do to MiBs? Because I seriously doubt they will have the guts to kill them. My guess is that Yagi will go the "children-friendly" way and they will either commit mass suicide or be killed by ZAOs/Priscilla/DoDs/other third party.
Old 2011-11-11, 06:54   Link #804
little_angel
Watching From Above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Assuming that 3 ZAOs will be defeated (which is rather obvious), what do you think Miria and the rest will do to MiBs? Because I seriously doubt they will have the guts to kill them. My guess is that Yagi will go the "children-friendly" way and they will either commit mass suicide or be killed by ZAOs/Priscilla/DoDs/other third party.
good point I believe Dae will be killed by Priss but Rubel by Miria or Clare or he will escape the island and tell the DoDs what happened ...
Old 2011-11-11, 07:55   Link #805
Fermat

Quote:
This is the scenario I'm considering at the moment:

The MiB HQ will probably get decimated by Cassandra and Roxanne as they fight each other. The ZAOs really don't have anything to gain by doing it on purpose, really. Dae will likely somehow survive this and will get to see Priscilla. However, he'll probably die in the crossfire between Priscilla and the ZAOs. As for Rubel, I believe the series will end with him leaving the island to inform the DoDs of everything that transpired.
Old 2011-11-11, 08:01   Link #806
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_angel View Post
good point I believe Dae will be killed by Priss but Rubel by Miria or Clare or he will escape the island and tell the DoDs what happened ...
my thinking was.....
Rubel will do it under orders from organization
Old 2011-11-11, 08:45   Link #807
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Ugh, I couldn't care much for the MiB's, but Yagi will be shooting himself in the foot if the ZAO's die anytime soon. I guess it depends on how pulls it off, but I want a year out of them at least before it's even considered that they die.

But as for the MiB's death, you honestly never know...I'm hoping the ridiculous notion that they are somehow still human fades away, and they end up dead by the warriors -- otherwise, you're probably right in that some third-party will end up killing them, keeping them "pure" and "untainted" -___-.
Old 2011-11-11, 09:31   Link #808
White Silver King
The Isley

My guess would be Rubel is going to kill them. As of now, that's all that's needed for victory for his side of the words.
Old 2011-11-11, 15:12   Link #809
Etheral

i wonder if it's possible for the claymores to simply get out of the way/run and kill the organization heads and leave the two abyssal's to fight each other. The only problem is the third one, hopefully it somehow gets caught up in the battle of the other two.

I doubt that the third will do it though and they'll be forced to kill it somehow. As for the other two who knows. Maybe after awakening they will no longer even have a need to kill the Claymores.
Old 2011-11-11, 17:11   Link #810
MalakTawus

I think the ghost won't have any problem killing the Mibs,especially Claire or Miria....but it's also possible that someone else will kill the Mibs before them (like one of the new abyssal or Prissy.....or maybe the Dods if Yagi decides to introduce them to the story).

Tbh i'm quite confident that Rubel won't be killed at all.
Old 2011-11-11, 17:29   Link #811
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
My guess would be Rubel is going to kill them. As of now, that's all that's needed for victory for his side of the words.
Ehh, not such a good idea - their's no guarentee things will go as Dae, or really anyone thinks it will...making a move like that is too risky; you could argue that it doesn't matter at this point, but...

Really, his safest bet is to just let other people kill the all the MiB's for him, and that does look like it will happen sooner or later. He may not even reveal he's a double-agent.

I should also point out that, while Staff is the Org's HQ on the isle, their are of course the other facilities...so even if all the MiB's are killed at Staff, it won't necessarily mean the end of their presence -- it may even be possible for them to rebuild or strike back, especially if their are even more secret/special projects that we don't know about (though their does of course, get to a point of being ridiculous and I think we already got there....because really, how many projects could the Org possibly be doing at any one-time?).
Old 2011-11-11, 19:56   Link #812
ATM

Welcome Etheral!

Quote:
Rubel might want to kill Dae if he gets the chance, because Dae is suspecting that there might be a traitor within the organization. As how to get rid of the other Mib? they could be captured and taken to Rabona to be exposed for what they are and for what they have done so that the people deals with them; not only claymores will want revenge against them. Give them a proper trial with lousy deffense attourneys, Rubel might testify against them in exchange for some immunity, and then hang Dae (if rubel doesn't kill him first) and Rimuto in central square, as for the other mibs, I don't know, jail time somewhere might be ok, they don't pose a big thread, as we have seen them fight (against Raki), they are just useless thugs.

About something else, I was thinking that, in a scenario where Clare and Priscilla are both fighting in their awakened forms Raki is not going to be able to recognize neither one of them, like when Miria met awakened Hilda. That’s why I hope that, for all the time they have been separated and because Priscilla’s scent is probably strong on him, she doesn’t fail to recognize him immediately otherwise they would miss to acknowledge each other. In a situation like this, only Priscilla will know Raki right away, so could she be the one protecting Raki instead of Clare? Even if she said that she didn’t need Raki anymore, she has no particular goals after her fight against Clare, so might want to protect him so that they later could travel the world together.

I found a very nice picture on deviantart.com, of a girl wearing a Clare costume as we saw her on Pieta in the fighting against Rigardo, the cosplayer goes by the name Molly Metaphora.

Amazing cosplayer picture of Clare's half awakening.
Spoiler for Claymore:

Amazing picture of Clare's full awakening.
Spoiler for Clare's full awakening?:
Old 2011-11-12, 08:30   Link #813
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Hah, Teresa is now a member of the top AS border pictures wearing a witch's hat
Old 2011-11-12, 10:51   Link #814
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Hah, Teresa is now a member of the top AS border pictures wearing a witch's hat
I know . I had to take a desktop picture of that when i saw it. She looks funny with a witch's hat on

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-11-12, 18:18   Link #815
Fate_Archer
I'm blind not dead

Was lurking around looking for a place to read some opinions and discuss about Fate/Zero and it got me posting and revisiting this forum again. Thought I would say hi to this nostalgic place.

Lots of new faces around but also some good old familiar posters still posting here, which is good to see. Still follow Claymore with my heart's content even though the overall quality and seriousness of the series has fallen to some extent.
Despite that, I have learned to take a more laid back approach while enjoying the series as the years passed, that's why I'm not too bothered by how Yagi chose to end Miria's fight in this chapter (though if possible, I too would rather have it finished in a slightly more convincing way).

Will try to stick around for some of the latest developments. Looking forward to Roxane's and Hysteria's awakened forms.
Old 2011-11-12, 20:23   Link #816
Nixl

Welcome back Fate_Archer

I feel like I recognize your user name, but not your avatar. Hmm
Old 2011-11-12, 23:51   Link #817
Gooral
Banned

Good to see you again Fate_Archer. Hope you will post some more in the future . I've always enjoyed reading what you've had to say (even though sometimes it meant reading super long posts ;P).
Old 2011-11-13, 00:39   Link #818
Etheral

It just occurred to me. I really can't think of any chapter that I would not give a 7-10 on. I like most of them. Maybe it's because I caught up on a bunch of them instead of have to wait. Right now the wait is getting to me lol.

I think I understand those people who don't read the manga's until they're finished.
Old 2011-11-13, 01:57   Link #819
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor
@ Etheral
Waiting to read a manga until it is finished sounds like a great idea, but there are several drawbacks, including (but not limited to):
  • Not actively supporting a manga while it's current can lead to premature cancellation.
  • Due to the above, you can pretty much kiss the possibility of derivative works goodbye.
  • And most importantly, missing out on lively monthly discussions like this.
Granted, waiting for the next chapter can be grueling at times, especially when it doesn't meet your expectations. That is what leads to most of the discontentment and resultant grumbling in these chapter threads. Probably the best bit of advice to counter the monthly-waiting blues between Claymore chapters is to pick up some other manga series - preferably a few weekly ones.

Last edited by Falcor; 2011-11-13 at 02:08.
Old 2011-11-13, 12:15   Link #820
Etheral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
@ Etheral
Waiting to read a manga until it is finished sounds like a great idea, but there are several drawbacks, including (but not limited to):
  • Not actively supporting a manga while it's current can lead to premature cancellation.
  • Due to the above, you can pretty much kiss the possibility of derivative works goodbye.
  • And most importantly, missing out on lively monthly discussions like this.
Granted, waiting for the next chapter can be grueling at times, especially when it doesn't meet your expectations. That is what leads to most of the discontentment and resultant grumbling in these chapter threads. Probably the best bit of advice to counter the monthly-waiting blues between Claymore chapters is to pick up some other manga series - preferably a few weekly ones.
I'm already doing that, it's just harder for Claymore and Pandora Hearts than the other ones. Claymore is drastically moving the plot along and Pandora Hearts did a possibly huge twist. And I have to wait for both It's too bad the ones I like most are usually monthly.