AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-09, 07:04   Link #1001
Velsy

Yay got the ps3 again. So I get to play some more tonight. I thinking of buying my own ps3 soon because I should have some more money in a few weeks. But I want to ask about Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3 ? why are they on PSP only ? no PS3 for them ? Does Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3 offer anything better than Valkyria Chonricles 1 ?

Kinda sounds stupid if I get a ps3 but need a PSP for the 2nd and 3rd game :/. You think Sega would be "smart" and offer it on ps3 as well ?

Last edited by Velsy; 2011-12-09 at 08:11.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 08:24   Link #1002
DC20

2 and 3 are psp only, and 3 was never released outside of Japan. No ps3 for them. On the bright side, you can't play 3 regardless, and 2 sucks. Play the Hell out of 1 and pretend the series ended there.
DC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 08:50   Link #1003
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC20 View Post
2 and 3 are psp only, and 3 was never released outside of Japan. No ps3 for them. On the bright side, you can't play 3 regardless, and 2 sucks. Play the Hell out of 1 and pretend the series ended there.
Sadly this is truth.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 12:05   Link #1004
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Quote:
I liked 2's gameplay, and was OK with its story.

But the general vibe I got from what I know about 3 is that "Hey, remember those last guys you played as who were a penal unit? Yeah, we're kinda like that. Only you're a lieutenant, not a private."

"...Oh, and we have hot women."
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 13:05   Link #1005
Beri270T3

Quote:
As far as some gameplay features go, two had many things to offer that we wish were in the first. But its storyline isn't anywhere near as impressive as it could have been. Plus the beauty of CANVAS was wasted by going back to what amounts to graphics of the previous two generations of console. If they'd have made it a console release for PS1 or PS2 then I'd certainly have bought it.

Three, yeah. Even if it were released abroad, I think it makes VC2 look good.

Another case of the Sequels not being as good as the first.
Beri270T3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 08:48   Link #1006
Velsy

kinda is lame. You make a game for the PS3, but then the sequals are not on the same console ? Makes you think how Sega can mess up something so simple. Why not produce on both consoles if Sega has trouble with that thought.

I just got my final upgrades to my rifles, and I noticed a significant change on both S-20 and A-20 rifles. Looking at first the S-20 enabled an A rating accuracy with 40 damage, thus the A-20 offered an increased damage to 42 but still rataining a C grade accuracy. So naturally I was going to change my scouts to use the S-20, but then I noticed the A-20 also increases the clip size to 7. So after giving it some thought, I decided to keep the Scouts with the A-20 with the larger clips. Thus I will keep the Engineers with the S-20. Had Alicia-sama with one of the Princess's rifles, but am now convinced the A-20 would be better suited for her, as well as all the scouts. Is there much difference between the two rifles in results?, maybe just personal preference ?

Upgrading/outfiting the Eldwiess, I've got both accuracy and tread defence. Early on I had crit defence on the radiator, but I found it didnt produce results. Regardless of having crit defence on, if an enemy lancer got behind the Eldweiss and shot the radiator, it be a 1 hit kill regardless of crit defence. Anyone have any commenting on tank outfitting ? Eldwiess fine the way I have it?

I've got my scouts level 20, Shocktroopers level 10, Lancers level 15, Engineers level 14, Snipers level 6.

I never seem to use Snipers anymore. I used a few early in the game to about midway. Last time I recall using a sniper was when fighting the train. Maybe its because they missed alot and they're hard to relocate since they have low AP. Even now with the A accuracy rifles, I seem leave them on the bench. Considering dropping a sniper out of my squad and leaving one remain.
Old 2011-12-11, 13:23   Link #1007
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
kinda is lame. You make a game for the PS3, but then the sequals are not on the same console ? Makes you think how Sega can mess up something so simple. Why not produce on both consoles if Sega has trouble with that thought.
I agree. I hope that when Vita comes out that PSP drops in price more. I'll buy one just for VC 2.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 13:24   Link #1008
Beri270T3

Spoiler for Upgrades:

Sony would have had a part in the deal preventing a multi-platform release.

Personal preference is the best way to describe the weapons. I only went with the S-series of rifles because of the physical appearance of the rifles. Captured Kars were also used, because the Gallian A series doesn't compare. If I couldn't see a soldier actually carrying and maintaining the weapon I didn't equip them. The only exception is the GSR-10-30, because it is so useful.
I've always favoured accuracy and range over punch. The Gallian S delivers all three.

I've always used mixed equipment shocktroopers, minus the Mags M10 lineage, and found some favour for the MAJ-X series machine gun. Provided they roll around in groups of two and three.

Thus the reason I hated Marina and liked Cezary and using Jann for improv sniper. You definitely need snipers, though where is totally up to you. I'd recommend leveling each one that you have to their final potential. I have a feeling you haven't unlocked all snipers. Also you should level them to get more of their battle potentials.

Tank upgrades are a tricky thing. Do I want another shell ready to go? Do I want an armoured fortress for taking a sunday drive through a minefield? Am I sniping or brawling with all kinds of tank killers? I think there is really no wrong way to outfit the edelweiss. I've played around with a bunch of different ways and didn't hate on any one way. But I prefer mobility, and she just doesn't have that.
Old 2011-12-11, 16:34   Link #1009
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beri270T3 View Post

Sony would have had a part in the deal preventing a multi-platform release.

Personal preference is the best way to describe the weapons. I only went with the S-series of rifles because of the physical appearance of the rifles. Captured Kars were also used, because the Gallian A series doesn't compare. If I couldn't see a soldier actually carrying and maintaining the weapon I didn't equip them. The only exception is the GSR-10-30, because it is so useful.
I've always favoured accuracy and range over punch. The Gallian S delivers all three.

I've always used mixed equipment shocktroopers, minus the Mags M10 lineage, and found some favour for the MAJ-X series machine gun. Provided they roll around in groups of two and three.

Thus the reason I hated Marina and liked Cezary and using Jann for improv sniper. You definitely need snipers, though where is totally up to you. I'd recommend leveling each one that you have to their final potential. I have a feeling you haven't unlocked all snipers. Also you should level them to get more of their battle potentials.

Tank upgrades are a tricky thing. Do I want another shell ready to go? Do I want an armoured fortress for taking a sunday drive through a minefield? Am I sniping or brawling with all kinds of tank killers? I think there is really no wrong way to outfit the edelweiss. I've played around with a bunch of different ways and didn't hate on any one way. But I prefer mobility, and she just doesn't have that.
Wait, you said you hated Marina?! BLASPHEMER!!!!!

Marina is awesome, and I am appalled to see that you somehow despise her.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 07:30   Link #1010
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post

I just got my final upgrades to my rifles, and I noticed a significant change on both S-20 and A-20 rifles. Looking at first the S-20 enabled an A rating accuracy with 40 damage, thus the A-20 offered an increased damage to 42 but still rataining a C grade accuracy. So naturally I was going to change my scouts to use the S-20, but then I noticed the A-20 also increases the clip size to 7. So after giving it some thought, I decided to keep the Scouts with the A-20 with the larger clips. Thus I will keep the Engineers with the S-20. Had Alicia-sama with one of the Princess's rifles, but am now convinced the A-20 would be better suited for her, as well as all the scouts. Is there much difference between the two rifles in results?, maybe just personal preference ?
The weapon also depends on who uses it since each character has their own accuracy variable that increases with each rise in rank.

Alicia is the power Scout, she has the highest accuracy of any other Scout and the final S20R when used by Level 20 Alicia is basically a needle point in regards to accuracy.

HOWEVER.

I don't play my Scouts as long range rifleman, they are more akin to Shock Troopers since most maps are won by your Scouts so weapons with high damage capabilities and high capacity are preferred.

I look at the difference between the S20 and A20 rifles like this. Yes with the S20 at most ranges I can be assured of five head shots each dealing 40DMG each for a total of 200dmg to a Target. (225 for the S20R since it does an extra 5DMG per shot)

The A20 however, it's accuracy may be slightly worse but I still find the reticule is "Minute of Head" in terms of accuracy at most engagements and even if one or two shots miss, the damage is still much greater,

Eg, I fire a whole magazine at one target with the A20. In a perfect world I get seven headshots at 42DMG per hit for a total of 294DMG. However even if two shots missed, that still gives you a total 210DMG.

To me, this chance of doing so much extra damage is well worth the shorter ideal engagement range.

However with all that said and done, ZM Kar rifles tend to be the mainstay of my Scouts late game anyway. The ZM Kar 5(G) is my favourite weapon in the game and when given to Alicia, it's accuracy of C can nearly be brought to a standard A level.

Doing 60DMG per hit with a magazine of five rounds, you can expect to do 300DMG to most targets as soon as you get in range. Similar to the A20 yes, but the extra damage to vehicles is what makes this weapon truly shine, even with out the DMG bonus order.

And if you have the Hard Skirmish DLC, you can get the ZM Kar 9(g). 105DMG per hit with a seven shot magazine. With Alicia wielding this monster, the rape train has no brakes!

Old 2011-12-12, 18:47   Link #1011
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Damn after posting that last night, I'm at work and all I want to do is fire up Valkyria Chronicles. Never a bad thing of course but I've got so much on my plate already!

Old 2011-12-12, 23:18   Link #1012
Beri270T3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Wait, you said you hated Marina?! BLASPHEMER!!!!!

Marina is awesome, and I am appalled to see that you somehow despise her.
She's just meh compared to the other snipers. Not very interesting at all compared to the others. Her Ultimate accuracy potential isn't overly useful unless you're using E to C aim rifles, or trying to shoot the absolute smallest target at the very end.

What really made me write her off was that every mission I used her on in the first few levels of the game resulted in failure every time. And it all hinged on needing Marina at those moments. I associated both her and Oscar with failure. Cezary was the sniper that got it done. His flaws just serve to make him a more attractive character. Had Marina been a scout, I'd have liked her much better, but characterwise she's still meh. That's why I like what's been done with her in fanfiction by a few people. They make a meh character into something tantalizing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
I don't play my Scouts as long range rifleman, they are more akin to Shock Troopers since most maps are won by your Scouts so weapons with high damage capabilities and high capacity are preferred.
The S20 gets the job done just the same, using the same technique with engineers even. But I don't aim for doing every mission in one turn by using just Alicia. I move my team as one mob, because that's what I just love to do. And for good measure I give those good Kars to the weaker scouts and engineers. Best I ever gave Alicia was the Kar 4. I think Nancy has the Kar 9. Before I had them though I just used the Gallian S series in the method you described Fallschirmjager.

It really just depends on preference and styles of play. Everybody like the Edelweiss, but I prefer the Shamrock. Mobility is my style.
Old 2011-12-20, 05:27   Link #1013
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Started my new game of VC last night. Just started Operation Cloudburst and I truly had forgotten how much I loved this game.

I must replay it around Christmas every year.

I remember (sorta) the first time I finished VC. I went out to a New Years Eve party and came back home rather late and rather drunk and I had a save game during the assault on the Marmota.

Well I woke up in front of my TV to the VC title screen and when I checked the saved game data I had a "COMPLETE" save game file. XD

I had to replay it again because I couldn't remember how the game ended!

Old 2011-12-24, 04:32   Link #1014
Velsy

Yay, bought my very own PS3 today. Here in Australia they selling for around $350 Aussie dollars (160gb PS3?), But at Dick Smiths today I picked one up for $275 on Christmas special. I just started the game from scratch, but thats ok because I do that with many games, I play for a bit to get familar with the game, then I restart. And yes... I bought it for one game <.<

I think I will only put one sniper on my squad this time round, but having two there makes it look more squad like ><. So I dont know ><. One of the highlights with this game is having alots of candiates who have different backgrounds, abilities and personalities. Makes me feel I am selecting my squad based on how I like the background and personalities of each characters. I get inspired by characters like Hector, Hannes and Alicia-sama, who are fighting with reasons or a passion, rather than to say people like Kevin for example, a person who really doesn't want to be there. But I really already got a ruff idea who I want on my squad. My favourits are already Hector, Hannes, Alicia-sama, Aika, Jane and Elysse. Aika and her haunting ghost quote was so harlious (she got ran over by the Tank on the first turn of that mission ><)

Oh and there was one thing I felt that was missing from the game after watching the charging Lancers but I couldnt put my finger on it. But then I remembered once I started thinking of empire total war the other week.. Bayonettes! I'd think it be cool if they had added that as a function (for elites). Bayonettes were still used in the ww2 era so its not like its out of place. If they had implemented Bayonettes, I guess it would be an interesting alternitive attack added to the arsonal (especially for the people who get the trait melee skills)

Jane with a Bayonette would be something interesting to see right ? ^_^
Old 2012-04-06, 03:02   Link #1015
southpawdragon

I really wish the ps3 game had trophy on valkryia. I finished the game left and right, top and bottom
southpawdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 11:47   Link #1016
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpawdragon View Post
I really wish the ps3 game had trophy on valkryia. I finished the game left and right, top and bottom :)
So you earned each and every medal, unlocked everything the game had to offer? Congratulations. I would respectfully point out that the satisfaction of having done all this through your own hard work should be reward enough.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 19:56   Link #1017
iceyfw

sega confirms VC1 PC port!

60FPS, graphics settings, and resolution options please! and imagine all them uniform mods! make the DLCs come with it while you're at it, sega!
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 20:12   Link #1018
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Just makes me wish more that VC for PS3 would get a trophy patch much like Metal Gear Solid 4 got afew years ago...

Even if it's just the in game accomplishments.
Old 2014-10-27, 20:33   Link #1019
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Nice news that it will go to PC. Those without a PS3 can now experience the feels in that game .
Old 2014-10-27, 20:35   Link #1020
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Nice news that it will go to PC. Those without a PS3 can now experience the feels in that game .
Sounds like a great idea to me, I'm not really a console player so had no ps3 to try the game. Heard good things about it so hopefully it won't be too expensive when it comes.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote