AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-11-22, 14:07   Link #761
Ai-sha

Support Nana!

Nana is my actual favorite anime and i'm REALLY happy that there i can find so many fansubs of the series. In other fansubs there's only up to episode 13 (or something like that) but here it really looks that you guys worry about uploading more episodes. Reply to this with your opinion about the anime and cheer up so we can see more episodes here very soon!!
Ai-sha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-22, 18:32   Link #762
Sparkliehrocks

Yeah the anime is really good. I've been sorta reading what fans have been posting about the manga story line. It seems

Spoiler:

Last edited by Sparkliehrocks; 2006-11-22 at 19:08.
Sparkliehrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-23, 15:11   Link #763
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Watched episode 31-32. Wow... what can I say? Brace for impact! Massive Takumi hate fest is approaching! 8)))

Takumi is a heartless jerk, Nobu is just a clueless idiot, Shin and Reira are adorable! Hachi is a ragdoll... but I forgive her, she deserves some slack.

Although, it is so lonely here, talking with myself. Does anyone else watch the RAWs?
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-23, 15:18   Link #764
tritoch

Me ME Me Me.. I watch it.. just that I don't post too often.. >,> don't want to vent my frustration while everyone else isn't geared for it yet. =p
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-23, 15:56   Link #765
Ztarr

I used to watch raws posted on YouTube by a user named SaNaAngEL. I subscribed to him/her...but I logged on yesterday to find that account SUSPENDED! NOOOOOOO~!

I don't think it'll help much, but I wrote a email to YouTube (Customer service I belive) and told them that SaNaAngEL has been my only access to raw broadcasts of NANA since I live in North American and don't have Japanese TV. I also made sure to say that users like me who watch SaNaAngEL's video posts support the series by purchasing NANA merchandise/manga etc.. and that this benefits the creators bla bla bla....this is all assuming that this user's account as been suspended because of posting NANA eps...maybe I'm wrong...but I remember him/her posting about gettting a bit of grief from them in the past about the videos.

GOSH I wish TV/MOVIE/MUSIC producers would realize that YouTube HELPS them more than hurts them. CBS just claimed that their ratings went up for the Late Show and Late Late Show due to YouTube postings. Just because I watched the lastest raw NANA ep doesn't mean that I don't still read ShoujoBeat, buy NANA stuff, etc...just because I watch fansubbed NANA doesn't mean I won't buy DVDs when they are licenced in NA. SHEESH

Places like Animesuki and YouTube give people the opportunity to be exposed to content that they might otherwise note have been exposed to. Fansubs in most cases ensures that there is already a fanbase for a series when it hits the NA market. Please feel free to send YouTube a nice email to plead on SaNaAngEL's behalf...this wonderful stranger brought be NANA every week!!

Anywho...'nuff of my frustrated rant.
Ztarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-23, 16:25   Link #766
tritoch

zomg.. copyrighted content is illegal to broadcast.. Heck, even teaser trailers of new movies get put off in youtube cause the companies who owns the movies says it is illegal eventhough most users just like to promote the said movie through the official trailer through youtube. rofl. NA is a bish when it comes to making money. If they think they are losing because of something like videos on youtube, they will put down those videos.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-23, 16:30   Link #767
Ztarr

Is the manga going to end soon?

or perhaps, the anime is going to end at 50 eps, and give the manga time to keep going for a while and then make ANOTHER Nana anime series based on all the new manga?
Old 2006-11-23, 16:52   Link #768
Katapan
俺様祭り

The manga doesn't show signs of ending just yet, as far as I know. I really wonder how they'll handle the 50 eps limit... Either give us an open ending or some original conclusion. Leaving the story open for a second season later sounds like the best option.

On another note, I can't believe that the series isn't licensed yet. It even starts airing here next month (and I will definitely have to poke at the bad adaptation when the time comes). Are Ai Yazawa's works not as popular in other countries? I always thought Nana was pretty much the reference for shoujo manga everywhere.
Old 2006-11-23, 17:55   Link #769
Aidan
Am I bad? Yes... Very X(

Haven't been watching raws as of late, I'll save up the episodes until they hit ep 40 or when things cool down, so I can sit back and watch them all back to back one evening. I wouldn't want to be kept in suspense for weeks.
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-23, 18:33   Link #770
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan View Post
Haven't been watching raws as of late, I'll save up the episodes until they hit ep 40 or when things cool down, so I can sit back and watch them all back to back one evening. I wouldn't want to be kept in suspense for weeks....
I just watched ep31, and if things keep on like this, I don't think I could stand the emotional strain of watching more than a couple of episodes a day.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 00:33   Link #771
Ztarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
On another note, I can't believe that the series isn't licensed yet. It even starts airing here next month (and I will definitely have to poke at the bad adaptation when the time comes). Are Ai Yazawa's works not as popular in other countries? I always thought Nana was pretty much the reference for shoujo manga everywhere.
The only licensed source of NANA in North America is the manga adaptation by Viz and its serialization in ShojoBeat. I've lost faith in dubs a LONG time ago...NA companies always want to change things (WHY?!). I wish NANA aired on TV here, but here in Canada we only have Yugioh/Naruto/FullMetalAlchemist/InuYasha crap. YTV is trying to form a new channel for more adult oriented anime...if by chance NANA ever airs on Canadian television, they will have truely made heaven a place on Earth!

If they ever get around to dubbing NANA, they have the added difficulty of the MUSIC in NANA...ugh...

..sorry, i'm still mad that they didn't keep Kenshin's "Oro" in the english dub of Rurouni Kenshin...instead, he says "uhhh-uhhhmm". >_<
Old 2006-12-03, 16:57   Link #772
nekova

The tension is killing me...

I've read the manga as far as they've been scanlated, but episodes 31-34 are still the highlight of this whole series in my opinion. It never seems to recover the tension that's prevalent here. Anyone know if the subs are still coming? I've been watching the raws, and they're awesome as is, but it would still be nice to know everything they're saying.
nekova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 17:47   Link #773
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
Watched episode 31-32. Wow... what can I say? Brace for impact! Massive Takumi hate fest is approaching! 8)))

Takumi is a heartless jerk, Nobu is just a clueless idiot, Shin and Reira are adorable! Hachi is a ragdoll... but I forgive her, she deserves some slack.

Although, it is so lonely here, talking with myself. Does anyone else watch the RAWs?
I use to watch the Raws but since my japaness sucks i lost a lot in the translation and so much of understanding Nana comes from the dialog so i patiently await the the subs. I love talking about nana but i wont have anything to say unless i understand the dialog oh well such is life
Old 2006-12-08, 15:37   Link #774
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

I just watched episode #34 and I must admit that it was one hell of a harsh episode. Very harsh, in fact, to both the characters and to me, as a viewer, to watch all of the drama unfolding.

It was certainly the breaking point of the story, a part where Nana's and Hachi's lives start drifting apart for good.

Both major story lines (the Nanas, Takumi and Nobu for one and Shin and Reira for the other) suffer major heart-breaking moments, that are quite believable, even if I still feel that they are trying to demonize Takumi a bit too much. Certainly, this episode is the high point of the Takumi-hating-campaign, which makes it a bit suspect in the suspension of disbelief department.

Still, NANA offers some quality drama (or even melodrama, if you are inclined to be more critical) that is very moving and pleasant (in a somewhat masochistic way) to watch. 8)
Old 2006-12-08, 21:34   Link #775
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

I just watched ep 34 to 36. Although I have read the manga and know what was coming, but it was SOOOO emotional. I teared up at some parts of the episodes. Somehow, it seemed even more emotional than the manga. I guess it was because the seiyuu did a really great job at depicting the characters' emotions.

I felt sorry for what Hachi had to go through, although she was the cause of it. And I don't really hate Takumi per se. He was the most composed out of the bunch after hearing the news. He may be sleeping around with different women, but he's a responsible person.

I also felt bad for Hachi and Nana now that they had to walk their separate ways, at least for a while.

Last edited by DoReMiFaSo; 2006-12-08 at 21:44.
DoReMiFaSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 05:37   Link #776
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

36? Are you sure it's not a typo? I think episode 34 is the last one to come out.
Old 2006-12-09, 13:21   Link #777
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Oh, I guess I count the recap episodes as well. I was watching chinese subs, and they count the recaps as an episode.
Old 2006-12-09, 13:43   Link #778
Pepz

Was there an new recap ep? As in 31.5?
Pepz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 14:16   Link #779
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

There are two recaps so far.
I forgot which ones, but based on andb, it's 11.5 and 21.5.
Old 2006-12-09, 14:27   Link #780
Pepz

Strange ... no 31.5. Maybe they will put it on the DVD or they stopped doing recaps now. Thanks anyway.
Pepz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance