AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-07, 19:16   Link #641
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

just a question about Dungeons. Story mode requires a certain level yeah, but explorable mode can be done at any level?
Old 2012-09-07, 19:43   Link #642
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
just a question about Dungeons. Story mode requires a certain level yeah, but explorable mode can be done at any level?
Um, explorable mode usually requires a higher level than story mode (AC explore requires you to be at least level 35 while AC story only requires you to be at least 30). You also need to "attune" by completing story mode first.

Entering a dungeon, story or explorable, always down-scales you to the required level.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 20:46   Link #643
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

The down scaling is a very interesting concept and keeps things well interesting but for a ele it can be a bit of a pain in the arse some times as you can still be very easily killed at lower levels if your not paying attention.
For something like a war tho it's all easy as pie, that class is very OP.
I do like the way the ele works but I think it does need a little boost, no where near as much damage as you expect and using conditions to do your "best" killing isn't how I'd like to play the class tbh.

You do hear that to get the best out of an ele you have to use all 4 attunements in battle and I can agree with that cause once you get a handle of it all you can do some wonderful things but that's alot of effort involved compared to the other classes.
You can just as easily get by using only one attunment but you will have to pay even more attention to how you play, dodging and kiting become even more essential than when using all 4.
Still think the class needs a little buff, with the low Hp and how squishy it is you expect to be dealing loads of damage but it's not quite there.

Still my favorite class and still very fun to play, really liking using dual dagger.
Just a little more damage would be nice.

p.s I also hear alot of mixed opinions of Mesmer, some say it's really good others saying it's abit meh.
But from what I've seen it looks pretty solid, anyone using one?
Old 2012-09-07, 21:44   Link #644
sora1607

The worst thing about playing ele is you have like 0 defense and die like no others in dungeons. The scaling level actually becomes annoying when you're fighting in dungeon 30 levels below you and you still die like no others while other classes just seem to last forever
sora1607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 00:47   Link #645
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

My Ele has multiple skills that grant invulnerability... Makes things a little less squishy.
Old 2012-09-08, 03:16   Link #646
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Downscaling sucks if you use necromancer minions, because low level ones suck rather horrifically. I also hate entering water because only the blood fiend works underwater. And you have to resummon on the surface. And every time you enter a new area. And the cooldown is there...

I completed that quest by hiding in a corner and let the zombies slaughter my NPC buddies. But the next part they're all up and well and said we held them off

As a side note, I found it funny that I found a rich silver vein in the overflow server. Then I joined the regular server to find the exact same one. In that case I might as well play in overflow til I find something good.

At level 30 I finally have access to the elite skills. Flesh golem looks neat. Since I am richer now ingame, might as well upgrade the lifestyle too! Strawberry tarts are good for their 10% mf/+10 exp boost over 30 minutes.

Spoiler:

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-09-08 at 03:37.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 03:22   Link #647
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Downscaling for Guardians is sort of hilarious because everything becomes so easy. You take close to no damage and your AoE Greatsword attacks kills several mobs at once if you're lucky, allowing massive group pulls. Might be a tad bit of a balance problem, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts, doing the other zones.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 03:40   Link #648
Mr Hat and Clogs

Cant complete exploring Rata Sum as a Human it seems, the only way to get too the Snaff Memorial Lab is in an instance which doesn't seem to count towards the total.

Also, whats the origin for the Asurans? is that covered in their story, because they seem... kinda... out of place with all their magi-tech.
Old 2012-09-08, 04:02   Link #649
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Cant complete exploring Rata Sum as a Human it seems, the only way to get too the Snaff Memorial Lab is in an instance which doesn't seem to count towards the total.
Huh? Instanced PoIs count towards the total, you just can't collect until you leave the instance.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 04:20   Link #650
Mr Hat and Clogs

Normally yeah, but this one didn't. I'm sitting on 18/19 with everything covered. The game just didn't register me getting it like it normally does. No xp or anything. Hence "Cant complete exploring Rata Sum as a Human it seems."
Old 2012-09-08, 04:24   Link #651
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Still on the fence getting this game even if Angry Joe said it's a 10/10, badass seal of approval and it's legendary. Because it's another MMO.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-09-08, 05:31   Link #652
Destined_Fate

Well there's no monthly sub and I'm sure there will be discounts around Christmas time so you could wait til than. By than any issues may be addressed already.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 05:44   Link #653
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Definitely will wait for the discounted and also hoping there is a bonus 2 acct free, so me and a friend can save the money, since it's another MMO RPG that you need to work alot on. To many games TTT2 and RE6 might not be able to play this and concentrate on it when those 2 titles arrive.
Old 2012-09-08, 06:38   Link #654
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

You can check retailer for discounts. They are more likely to have em earlier to clear stock for the winter sale. As for the game, it's definitely massive even for a mmo. But unlike others, it is much more accessible for casual players.

You ll spend a lot of time just exploring the content and best of all there is no obligation to log on religiously to get your money's worth.

Been having a blast with the game so far eventho my server is taking a pounding by big server like henge of denravi. Just manage to get my first exotic weapon with my engineer and doing a lot of hit run attack on enemies to help divert their attention from our main force sieging keeps and towers.
Old 2012-09-08, 06:49   Link #655
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Also, whats the origin for the Asurans? is that covered in their story, because they seem... kinda... out of place with all their magi-tech.
That's because they are out of place., They used to live underground in their own society, completely oblivious to the surface people and vice versa (only the dwarfs knew about them), they were driven out when the dragpn servants started chasing them out. They're an isolated culture suddenly forced to connect with a greater world, culture shock is part of their thing.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 07:06   Link #656
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Still on the fence getting this game even if Angry Joe said it's a 10/10, badass seal of approval and it's legendary. Because it's another MMO.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
The thing with Joe is that he is casual, and he focuses on the no monthly sub a lot. His pass two reviews have been pretty far off, like his sleeping dogs one. A lot of my friends have GW2, and they say its fun to play and level, but the PvP isn't that great and WvW is a cluster bomb. I think I will wait a bit longer till I buy it.
Old 2012-09-08, 07:30   Link #657
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

For WvW, it's pretty much about server organization and coordination. The main mechanic problem it suffers right now are the queue to get in during peak hours. Other than that, I don't really see the fault in it.

Spvp though, you can't party queue in public but you can do it for tournament, which I felt.it's ok cause people would just party queue and stomp random folks in public game.

That said there is definitely polishing that is still needed for both gameplay so if you are skeptical,you can check again later down the road when Wvw rematch are for 2 week period instead of daily and more game mode is added to spvp.
Old 2012-09-08, 08:10   Link #658
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I do wonder one thing though... how'd he get his norn to be so slim? I picked the slimmest norn I could find in character creation, but none of them are that slim. All of them are bulky.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 08:58   Link #659
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Well, the slimest norn bodytype is the one on the right...
Maybe it's that one (should be the one on the lower middle during character creation)

Old 2012-09-08, 09:53   Link #660
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

@kenjiharima: Though it seems you've already decided on waiting, I would also advise you wait. The game is flawed right now with annoying bugs and needs some general balancing. It's good decision to wait it out for a little while as they fix things.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote