AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-24, 05:48   Link #201
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Well...a normal psychokinetist only have little problems with showing of his/her emotions . But in Felli's case it's not it. She trained herself to not let her emotions running wild(venting it off before it affects her control over her ability) and cause of the huge amount of information that Felli gets she hardly can respont to everything she senses.
But as i see more and more episodes I'm more and more sure about that the greatest problem were not her training nor her ability but the introvertedness(the indirect cause of Felli's powers). Layfon(and even Nina and the rest of the platoon) cures her from that and she learns to actually express her emotions.
And I think no one mentioned at the ep 20 thread that Felli has the most of the problems. And even if someone stated it it's not true.
We have two characters who constantly tortured by guilt(Layfon and Nina). Let's talk about their problems for a while:
-Layfon:He constantly feels himself worthless to the extend that he's calling himself a monster. A being that unworthy to a human's love.
-Nina:being a platoon captain a real pain. As with Felli's problem to show off her emotions the Anime hardly shows that how hard to manage a squad of fighters. The 17th Platoon was the most messed up platoon until some lucky turn of events, but it's still a serious work. Not to mention if it's a squad with an extremely potent fighter. And of course Nina's the worrying type and she blames herself whenever something happens.
Old 2009-06-15, 09:47   Link #202
Hane

People don't always react the same to the certain situations. Fermaus acts mature, but it might just be because of the extent of his experience in Haia's gang. Or you know, it could just be his personality's inclination.

Felli strikes me as a person who, probably early on, realized people mostly saw her as a tool and not as a human being. From what we can see, she didn't like that. She could have decided to accept it, or she could have decided to live life as best she could and not be bothered. But she gravitated to her current state. It's her personality. She didn't want to take it. That would explain her 'selfishness', to me at least.

I'm pretty awed by her. It might be better to say 'enough is enough, I refuse to give any more. I want to be selfish'. I mean look at Layfon. Yeah, everyone's alive because of him, but what about his happiness? Is it right to depend on him so much? You can see he's pretty self-destructive…

That's one thing the author is trying to resolve right? And Felli is probably thinking now that maybe it’s not right to run. And Layfon taught her that by example. But then again, all the characters have this kind of synergy in some way XD It's awesome
Old 2009-06-15, 22:45   Link #203
AnimePhantom
The Phantom of Anime

Felli is one of my favorite characters in this show, if not my favorite but when she went on her kicking spree it turned me off from her a little because of the repetitive nature of the situation. The first couple times were cute, but then enough was enough and I became "all set" with the situation, lol.
Old 2009-06-16, 10:17   Link #204
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hane View Post
People don't always react the same to the certain situations. Fermaus acts mature, but it might just be because of the extent of his experience in Haia's gang. Or you know, it could just be his personality's inclination.

Felli strikes me as a person who, probably early on, realized people mostly saw her as a tool and not as a human being. From what we can see, she didn't like that. She could have decided to accept it, or she could have decided to live life as best she could and not be bothered. But she gravitated to her current state. It's her personality. She didn't want to take it. That would explain her 'selfishness', to me at least.

I'm pretty awed by her. It might be better to say 'enough is enough, I refuse to give any more. I want to be selfish'. I mean look at Layfon. Yeah, everyone's alive because of him, but what about his happiness? Is it right to depend on him so much? You can see he's pretty self-destructive…

That's one thing the author is trying to resolve right? And Felli is probably thinking now that maybe it’s not right to run. And Layfon taught her that by example. But then again, all the characters have this kind of synergy in some way XD It's awesome
The thing is that, people generally ignore the most real fact that the world of Regios is a very harsh and unforgiving land. As much as we see a generally carefree and happy-go-merry setting in the inside of the cities with maid cafes, the painful truth is far from that. All it takes for that comfort to go away is another city or an FM appearing. People like Fermeus got the idea and did what it took to survive in this world. People like Felli or pre-Czellni Layfon however, blatantly and selfishly refused to accept the reality and refused ot do their part.

So yeah, if you're Hercules, your fellow citizens will expect you to strike down those mythical creatures. Playing Calimero and saying "but it's unfaaaaair" is the dumbest and most selfish thing to do when other, weaker people have to fight their best to merely survive. It's not like that power is draining their life force or something, they just need to utilize their god-given potential.
Old 2009-06-16, 12:11   Link #205
Hane

The reality, as you say, is that there are monsters out there - and they need a Hercules to survive. But Felli was not Hercules (neither is Layfon). Hercules wanted the glory. Hercules did whatever the heck he wanted, that included killing, stealing and shagging. But it's all right if he kills the monsters? No? Can we cut with the killing, stealing or shagging? Okay, fine. But that's not Hercules, who does whatever he wants - that's what a tool is - a person with no room for flaws. That's what Felli fears she'll be forced to become, not Hercules, but a simple tool. Point me, then shoot. The Heaven Blades are closer to Hercules. So no, I think what Karian is looking for isn't Hercules, but a tool.

But you know, (leaving all fon-fon for the fon-fon threads now) Felli has already begun to stop looking at it like she is being used. She was apathetic before, but she's trying now, she's pushing the limits of her power. She's a part of the squad. I'd like to think that she's not doing it just to keep up with Layfon, but is beginning to realize that she can protect the city too. Sure, some people were giving 120% when she wasn't (we can only speak for the character's we've seen so far). But for some people, the decision to give their life takes a split-second, it's instinctual. For others, it takes some time. Felli ended up as a character who questions. It had to be someone. And I’m all for the idea of her growing into a stronger character who finds people she cares about and wants to protect them.

But she is being used. They're all being used. When Karian stopped Felli from burning out, was it as the SCP, who was unable to lose Zuellni's strongest psychokinetic...or as a brother? Probably both. And btw, it is life-threatening for everyone, including her. She's in the rear, but it is draining her lifeforce. She's not some god. She could die from the strain.
Old 2009-06-16, 13:43   Link #206
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

I merely said Hercules as a reference to inherited God-like power. You didn't need to take his personality in for the comparison. And yes, Felli's power is immense for her profession. We're told so and also witness it.

As for being used, you're ignoring the fact that they're all on the same boat. It's not like the president's slave-driving them to hoard treasures to himself. It their power is utilized correctly and fully, they survive along with everyone else. Unless they live on somewhere like Grendan, where they live will always need their power to survive.

You're telling that she changed now but I'm not that sure about it. Up until the previous ep, she was always doing it for Layfon or to get on Layfon's good side, she herself talks so. We even saw how she went mad over Nina's return. Even now on this last ep, she merely says "so you want us to kill our captain?" Could you sense any concern about her captain on that? It came across as just an excuse to bash her brother to me. As for the city, I still can't see any real motivation. She still seems to get mobilized because Layfon needs it.

And no, just using their powers do not carry any risk. Where do you get that from? Also psionics are by far the safest members or the platoons. They never get attacked because they can operate from far away on a remote and safe area and have enough time to pull out even it their team gets beaten. It can't get any safer and easier for a military artist.
Old 2009-06-17, 09:39   Link #207
Hane

It's not so bad being used as a tool if you can help people. That's what Layfon grew to figure out, and that's what Felli needs to figure out too. In fact, I think you're right. Maybe Felli saw it as 'doing her part'. As long as she did her part, it was fine. Because, you know, Felli wasn't refusing to fight, she was reluctant to fight. Difference is pretty big.

Also, wasn't the point of the pool episode to rest her? Overuse of her abilities were leading her to a burn-out.

Actually, I'm pretty happy about 23. Especially the part where she said 'I'm part of the 17th Platoon'? (But if you think her reason is to get on Layfon's 'good side'? You're dead wrong ) And the part where she spoke up about Karian's suggestion that they kill Nina? An opportunity to bash Karian? Maybe she couldn't resist a pot-shot. But she did it while asserting her stance. She even seemed to find the idea of her not going out ridiculous. So far, I think you're not giving her enough credit
Old 2009-06-17, 10:09   Link #208
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

I don't think that you can call a military artist who preposterously offers to run away from the city and leave others to fend for themselves, just reluctant. She would be having a good time with Layfon somewhere while Czellni citizens rotted in their graves just like what happened to that city they had fought against. That shameless offer was what killed Felli for me. And did she ever express a regret over it? None.

All military artists need appropriate rest after heavy kei usage. We saw Nina burning out as well even though she didn't have god-like power. Felli held back simply because she didn't want to take up her responsibility.

Ep 23 showed mere hope but too little, too late. It still felt like she acted that way because she was concerned with Layfon though. She'll need a second season to be able to show that she really evolved and can act mature. I'd like to see that myself. I had expected a real development for her character but she couldn't pull it off so far.
Old 2009-06-17, 11:14   Link #209
CSJ

I'm a bit confused about Felli. Is she actually supposed to be a loli character? Because I'm not really thinking she is. She's even less of a loli than say, someone like Yuki Nagato. And Yuki to me just seems to be the pettanko character.
Old 2009-06-18, 02:14   Link #210
Hane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus View Post
That shameless offer was what killed Felli for me. And did she ever express a regret over it? None.
Ah but you see, that’s the thing. You’re holding the intention of a potential desertion by a fictional character against that fictional character. Type it or say it, it sounds silly In a lot of fiction, you may see a character do worse acts, but people who have a connection to that character have brushed it off. The same thing applies in real life. For some people, if they see a good friend beat the crap out of someone, they may react with a ‘why’d you go and do that?’ instead of saying ‘are you out of your freaking mind?!’ I wouldn’t worry though, it just means Regios is a really good piece of work to coax emotions like this out of people.

Quote:
All military artists need appropriate rest after heavy kei usage. We saw Nina burning out as well even though she didn't have god-like power. Felli held back simply because she didn't want to take up her responsibility.
Okay. Again, the pool episode. Until we get a part of the novel that says specifically that the act of pushing her limits is dangerous for her (and we haven’t yet, not really), I’m just going to say there’s subtext to point out that she will die if she continues to use her powers the way she is using them.

Quote:
Ep 23 showed mere hope but too little, too late. It still felt like she acted that way because she was concerned with Layfon though. She'll need a second season to be able to show that she really evolved and can act mature. I'd like to see that myself. I had expected a real development for her character but she couldn't pull it off so far.
It’s been said, but Layfon is the focus of her growth right now. I’m happy with that. And the series (the book) hasn’t ended yet. I’m happy about that. And if she does grow, well, I would feel pretty silly for disliking a character for reasons that were meant to set up further development of that character. So I’m sticking with the 'Felli rocks' stance (And if she doesn’t get her good end I’m just gonna be sad)
Old 2009-06-18, 06:47   Link #211
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

Well, it's not the just the actions but also the motives and intentions of a character that I also consider while judging a character and its personality. If she had done the act, (together with Layfon of course) she would both transcend into a villain and the story would end, so no it wouldn't happen of course. But the mindset is there to make such an action and that's also something to evaluate the character upon. Agreed that Regios is generally good in characters department though.

Every military artist carries such a risk, that's why they change the people who charge up the kei cannon or tranquilize Layfon to force him into resting, etc. Plus the fact is that Felli isn't in the front line so isn't threatened by the enemies.

Focus true, but there seems to be simply nothing else that drives her. She's bending herself and try to bend the world in such a way that it'll be convenient for either herself or Layfon, she's acting like the world consists of just them and noone else. Others' feelings? Others' concerns? Others' safety? Who cares? Certainly not Felli, not one bit.

Maybe she'll get development in the future, at least in the novels, but I have to say that for this much screen-time, she arguably received less development than even Sharnid. I in fact was simply apathetic towards her for quite a long time.

In any case, everyone's got a favorite character for this or that reason, I just wanted to express my views on Felli, I don't necessarily expect to sway opinions.
Old 2009-06-23, 22:40   Link #212
AnimePhantom
The Phantom of Anime

Now that this series is all said and done, I must say that Felli was definatly my favorite character and she definatly has cemented herself as a large reason as to why I enjoyed the episodes I caught of this show, there was just something about her..........
Old 2009-07-14, 19:09   Link #213
~A~
Good Game.

Felli has a super Strong kick but besides that fact shes probably the ace card of the team if you put her into good use thats not including Layfon Since hes beyond godlike so lets not count him on the team for now xD
Old 2009-11-11, 21:25   Link #214
Dominic Night
Its time to Exist

A little late, I know

A late post, I know. I’ve been meaning to get this post here but never seemed to have the time to get it down. This is just my overall view on Felli Loss (Mostly on the Anime). I know its a bit late and is reviving a dead thread, I'm proably going to get in trouble for this.

I know some people covered some of the stuff I'm posting, it can't be helped I did this without looking at the rest of the thread

I can’t say much about the Novel version of Felli because its still being translated.

At first I thought Felli would be more quiet throughout the series. But it was a bit of a relief on her first appearance around behind the tree in the opening ceremony scene. Without her warning poor Meishin would be squished by the debris of the entrance area. Her personality appeared to be enjoyable though others would say otherwise.

From my point of view Felli seems to handle being forced in the Military Arts kind of well, its not like she’s trying to kill someone out of anger (Other then kicking Layfon in the shin’s when he does something wrong.). Usually that’s for some comedy part, but I find her actions to be more natural to take anger out on something

And too me, its understandable for her to hold back her full potential and not really care. Given she doesn’t want the power in the first place and is forced in the Military Arts. Even if she did decided to leave to try something else. I don’t think Karien or Nina would let her go without a fight, which would be just forcing her to stay no matter what her own choice is. I know for a fact that just about anyone else placed in her shoes would give the same amount of effort. Although thanks to Layfon she started to open up little by little.

Giving on the subject of power. Felli’s level seems to be just a few stages below Layfon’s. Making her the second best on Zuellni right below Layfon. Her powers not only for communications, and a radar-like figure but also at times for combat, which makes Felli more valuable than any other squad member, she can find traps, the enemy numbers, weak points, distance, as well as terrain. As they say, she’s on a genius level. I think that her petals could get more then one person just that the animators didn’t want to show that much. Pretty much she best Nina in that level of abilities. So I don’t know why people call her useless. Without Felli the squad would’ve been disbanded from their first match as well as the city would’ve been overrun by FM’s, both having her give information to Layfon.

I found it better that Felli was quick to forgive Layfon after he revealed his full power during the second episode unlike Nina who was a bit annoying with the way she acted. The way I saw it, it was that Felli didn’t want Layfon to show his powers because she didn’t want him to be used. And once more she really didn’t show any anger to Layfon for his past unlike some characters that threaten to kick him from the squad and not listen to his side of the story. Which made her even more likeable for me.

As for the time when Zuellni went on a rampage, Felli worked to the point of collapse in helping Layfon with the monsters, doing this for like hours I think I can’t remember how long the rampage went on. The mind is a more powerful thing then the body, that’s what people. She does show dedication in to him by telling him she’s willing to use her powers even though they told her not too, maybe she’d become crippled or die I’m not sure. If Layfon wasn’t in emo state he was in, he could’ve given her a better response then the one he gave her in the series. And from what I saw, Felli was the only one that actually helped him throughout the series. No one else really tried anything other then use him.

As for the Layfon vs. Haia battle, Felli couldn’t do anything because of the Mask man(Forgot his name) blocking her ability to call her staff. As people could see doing the battle that Felli left some marks on the door in an attempted to get out. And really people shouldn’t blame her for Layfon getting injured. It’s a natural reaction to call out to someone when is their being by the person, as well as embrace them after the battle end.

The real person to be blamed is Layfon himself, come on! You’re in the middle of a fight. You don’t take your eyes off your enemy for a second, that’s one of the most important rule in a fight. It doesn’t matter if someone’s calling out to you or if your entire harem is standing there completely naked flashing you, never take your eyes off of the enemy.

Honestly I think that they should give her more screen time. Felli and Layfon would make a great couple if there was a pairing in the series.

Overall I found Felli the most likeable female character in the entire series.
Closed Thread