AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2011-10-04, 12:39   Link #1
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Looking for Tsundere/harem/comedy anime

I didn't actually know what to put in the title:

INC TEXTWALL, BE PREPAR'D

I'm looking for something like "Zero no Tsukaima". I've watched all the 3 series, and i think i'm interested in this genre, even though at the beginning i was reluctant;

So, i'm looking for an anime that is mainly about a couple, in which they don't like each other at the beginning, but begin to show their feelings later on, with the female being tsundere. I like when there are other girls that are interested in the boy, and i also like funny episodes where the boy is caught with other girls in equivocable situations, and then the girl rages at him, like Luise.

I'm not looking for some depressing anime, so it has to be funny; also, i'd like to see sexy girls here and there: exactly something like zero no tsukaima. I also would appreciate animes like Toradora.

I like mostly jelousy episodes, during which the boy is caught with other sexy girls (even if sometimes/mostly against his will) and is beat up by the female counterpart, that feels jealous about him, without knowin why at the beginning.

As far as characteristics are concerned:
-The protagonist has to be the boy, or simply the whole couple (I don't like ONLY the girl's pov)
-The boy hasn't to be an horrid retard, but neither a perfect gentleman (like in Kaicho wa maid-sama). He must have the power to protect and assist the girl with her problems, and not be just carried. If i had to name some characters i liked, so that you'll understand better, then i liked much: Kyon (From melancholy of haruhi suzumiya), Ryuuji (from toradora) and Saito (From zero no tsukaima). They all share the same interest in girls (Ryuuji a bit less probably), they all have a touch of perversion BUT, they never abuse or take profit from situations in which they are involved with other sexy girls. Basically, the boy has to be the one a bit more mature or spontaneous, that cares about the female protagonist, even tho he doesn't admit it in the beginning(if he fell in love with the girl from the start is okay too but, better if not. Also, the girl mustn't like him in the beginning but just have some hidden feelings towards him)
-The girl has to be tsundere, or however near being it. She has to be cute, and even if she isn't huge breasted is okay (I like tits tho, so try your best haha). She must be possessive and jealous of her companion(or whatever she considers him) and eventually punish him, when caught in "Situations" (Like haruhi/luise)
-The story has to have funny scenes, but also accompained by sentimental situations.
-There have to be drama situations, like in any love-involved story but, i don't like animes that do not have an end, or end in a terrible way (School days ended in a fucking horrible way, i suggest you not to watch it). I like good endings.
-They haven't to be sad or booooring like clannad (i can barely watch 3 episodes a day of this anime, because gets too boooring, story carries too slowly, and i haven't seen any love/sexy/jelousy episodes so far)
-The background of the story: i don't exactly like the fantasy background, but if it has to be so, it's okay. I hate mecha-oriented animes, or anything involving cyborgs. It's okay if the protagonists got a not-so-happy past(Like in toradora), but this past story hasn't to be the fucking sad point of the whole anime. Perfect background would be school, but lately i've watched animes involving school, so if the background changes a bit is okay.
-Oh ye, the story has to be between a boy and a girl of the same age, from 15 to 18 years old (better from 16/17)

Just to say the animes i've watched and my opinions about them (so that you'll better understand what i liked and what not):
- The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: really liked this one, even tho the story between kyon and haruhi didn't really evolve (but afterall the series is still being continued). I liked all the main characters, especially Kyon is the example of the character i like: cynical, mature, bored, funny comments, perv.

- Toradora: liked it a bit less than Haruhi for some things, but more for others: what i didn't like much was Taiga being little titted (even tho now i got used to that thing), but liked it more because it actually talked more about love and about the relation between Taiga and Ryuuji. Ryuuji was okay as male character, because he was a bit more mature, took care of the girl, and so on.

- Zero no tsukaima: at the beginning i wasn't liking it because it was mainly oriented towards this fantasy world, but when it came to Saito/Luise, i actually started liking it and watched the 3 series. I liked the character of saito, that even finding himself grabbing other girl's tits, he always showed more attention for Luise. He's still a boy, so he still falls for huge breasts, but it's okay. +1 for this

- Kaicho wa maid-sama: the story was a bit too unreal, especially the male counterpart was just unreal: perfect boy, popular, liked by everyone, strong, rich, always saving her girl: fits the definition of hero prince. The graphic was actually good, but i didn't like many scenes where their faces were shown as huge, with stupid emotions signs.

- Clannad: the male protagonist is okay, but the story carries too slowly and is fucking sad. The guy also didn't get involved in sentimental relations with anyone so far (up to ep15), and still keeps being boring for my tastes. Also, the image of this sickly depressed girl depresses me ever more, lol fuck this.

-School days: A suggestion: do not watch this thing. The story wasn't that bad, untill the guy became a perfect asshole(after 5 episodes lmao). After that, the story just became more sad and i felt bad for the girls involved.
Spoiler for Opinion about the end:

I tried to give you the most clues about what i'm looking for. I've used the website suggested in this forum, and found out other titles that might fulfill these requests, but i would like to have your opinions about these and also about what you've watched:
Shuffle
shakugan no shana
myself yourself

Thank you for your time and attention, i hope you didn't get bored with the textwall; i just wanted to be the most exhaustive possible about what i'm looking for, so that you don't waste time searching things i will never watch. This topic might be of help for someone else like me who is looking for the same thing.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 13:45   Link #2
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Wow, that's a loooong description, but can't be help since you really know what you want ^_^.

Okay, so, have you seen Bakemonogatari? If you haven't, I can tell you that it fits your description almost perfectly. Somethings that I think are the weakness of the anime: (first) it's wordy. There's a lot of dialogue involved if you're the kind that don't like dialogues. (second) the pacing is slow BUT intense. WTH does that mean? you have too see it to believe it ^_^. (third & last) the visual may be too 'art-y' for non-anime-veterans. That's it, the other aspects of this anime fits your bill nicely (especially about the gorgeous tsundere main-girl) ^_^.

I haven't seen Shakugan no Shana or Myself;Yourself. As for Shuffle, I've seen some episode of it and by that, I can tell that it's a pure harem anime. Means: a boy surrounded by LOTS of dazzling girls. You may check it out if you want, it certainly wont harm you like School Days ^_^.

Also, to a lesser extent, I can recommend you Katanagatari and Amagami SS episode 21-24 (don't worry about other episodes. That's the whole story/arc that you need right there) and Ranma 1/2. If you're not satisfied, I believe other titles will be recommended to you shortly.
Old 2011-10-04, 14:13   Link #3
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Thank you for your answer.

I'll start watching Bakemonogatari tonight, thank you for the tip. I had read this title somewhere, but since i wasn't sure what it was about, never checked it out. Thank you again.

I'll give a chance to Shuffle aswell.

I know Ranma 1/2 since loooong, but i looked at it more like a combat anime (like dragonball &co), even tho ye, there are tits there.

Anyways, thank you again for your attention. If anyone out there got something else to add to the list, please, do so. I've never had this much freetime, after the many uni exams, so i gotta abuse it.
Old 2011-10-04, 14:44   Link #4
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
I've never had this much freetime, after the many uni exams, so i gotta abuse it.
I know that feeling.

Speaking of Bakemonogatari, don't stop watching it at episode 12 (supposedly the last in the series). There are special episodes after that that tells the story further. You may want to see it.
Old 2011-10-04, 15:21   Link #5
Undertaker

Mention this in your other thread. Mayoi Chiki is a good one. Another one would be Baka to Test to Shōkanjū. Though it is more of a triangle but it's an incredibly fun love comedy one of my favorite.

MM is a bit weird but is also an fun harem love comedy.

Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai (The World God only Knows) not quite sure if this will fit, but you should enjoy it. It about a genius high school kid who somehow got contracted with a New Demon and is force to romance girls that was possessed by Old Demons in order to capture them. Highly recommended, and the story is much better than it sounds.
Old 2011-10-04, 16:11   Link #6
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

For Shakugan no Shana it should fit what you want really, it's a good action/tsundere series, though isn't a really a harem[2, maybe 3 girls later interested in MC] and comedy isn't ussually common.

Also I'll second Bakemonogatari, MM, and Mayoi Chiki they all fit for sure . And Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai doesn't fit exactly, but it is good.

Other series I'd suggest:
Otome Youkai Zakuro [fantasy, but really it's a series with great development in it and Zakuro is fun tsundere ]
Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi
Hidan no Aria
[Both of these are action/school based and fit a lot of requirements you want ]
Mayoi Neko Overrun![Two of the girls of the harem could be called tsundere , and it's very much comedy with school setting]
MAL

Last edited by Kotohono; 2011-10-04 at 16:18. Reason: Forgot Mayoi Neko Overrun!
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 16:55   Link #7
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Thank you all for your answers. I'll abuse this week to massacre myself with those titles.

I'm very surprised that there were so many titles that fit the description: i'll try to watch em all.

Thanks again for your answers, they haven't passed unobserved.

PS
the harem requirement is just optional: i like that there are cases of jealousy, but it's no problem if there is only a triangle.

anyways, currently watching bakemonogatari
Old 2011-10-04, 18:42   Link #8
Undertaker

Bakemonogatari is great, one of my all time favorite, though it could get a bit weird if you are not into Japanese folklore and some jokes are hard to get if you don't know the culture.

Can't believe I forgot Mayoi Neko Overrun! that was a pretty fun series.

Here a few more recent ones:

Ladies v.s. Butler => Plenty of jealousy moment between a tsundere and a haraguro.

Dragon Crisis and Astarotte no Omocha! => Rie Kugimiya's other recent VA work, since you seem to like her voice acting and she pretty does the some type of characters so you might like these.

Toaru Majutsu no Index and Toaru Kagaku no Railgun => One of my favorite, nice blend between comedy and action. Plenty of tsundere chracter with jealous moment. Though is my be a bit too action heavy for your liking.

Infinite Stratos => another good series for you to dive in if you can get over the Sci-Fi element.
Old 2011-10-04, 19:06   Link #9
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

stopped at episode 10 of bakemonogatari: i realized i don't really like it; probably because it's more about psychological rather than the relation between the two. After the first 2 episodes, the female protagonist... disappears. Also the black/red/white-cuts annoyed me much. Looks more like a surreal story about spirits/horrors to me.

This is most probably because i just recently started watching japanese animation, and so i might not fully appreciate these works. I'm sure there are deep messages thro these animes, but it's not exactly what i was looking for. Anyways, i guess it has been a good thing watching this, because i can let you understand what i tend towards to.

If the other animes you listed are more about fantasy/weird stuff rather than the relation between the two protagonists, let me know, since i got only 5 days left of massacre.

Thank you again for your answers, i really appreciate it.

Starting to watch Mayoi Neko Overrun!

EDIT
ok, from the first episode i can surely say that i will enjoy it much. Thank you very very much for this one. It even got so many similar things with Zero no Tsukaima and Toradora, as far as character design is concerned. Nice catch.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2011-10-04 at 19:31.
Old 2011-10-04, 19:12   Link #10
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
stopped at episode 10 of bakemonogatari: i realized i don't really like it; probably because it's more about psychological rather than the relation between the two. After the first 2 episodes, the female protagonist... disappears. Also the black/red/white-cuts annoyed me much. Looks more like a surreal story about spirits/horrors to me.

This is most probably because i just recently started watching japanese animation, and so i might not fully appreciate these works. I'm sure there are deep messages thro these animes, but it's not exactly what i was looking for. Anyways, i guess it has been a good thing watching this, because i can let you understand what i tend towards to.

If the other animes you listed are more about fantasy/weird stuff rather than the relation between the two protagonists, let me know, since i got only 5 days left of massacre.

Thank you again for your answers, i really appreciate it.

Starting to watch Mayoi Neko Overrun!
You should watch episode 12 at the least[it's an episode completely about that ].
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 19:59   Link #11
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

At the moment stopped, since i started Mayoi Neko Overrun!

As you said tho, i'll give it a second chance (afterall it's only 2 more episodes)

Anyways, Mayoi Neko Overrun! is perfect. It was exactly what i was looking for. If some of the titles you named is very similar to this one, let me know. Once again, thank you for this one.
Old 2011-10-04, 20:00   Link #12
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well if you have only recently gotten into anime then Bakemonogatari probably isn't a good example of anime for a starter.
While I love the series myself, I wouldn't push the matter for someone new to anime into watching it, however it looks like you've watched enough anime to know what you like or don't but what Konakaga says is some great advice concerning Bakemonogatari

Regarding Shuffle!, I'd say give it a go but it's outcome is not exactly in line with what you want concerning a tsundere girl.
Still a fun series none the less.

Shakugan no Shana is worth a look.
For me in many ways it's similar to Zero no Tsukima, as in I really did quite like them at first but then they just became "boring"(thats me being nice there)

For Myself, Yourself, it's a good series, should fit right in with what you want.
It's got quite abit of drama to it tho, not as bad as say School Days but intense enough to keep you buzzing.
On the whole it's a little more serious than funny.

Now just wondering if I should recommend Kore wa Zombie Desu ka, cause I'm not quite sure tsundere is strong enough and well a 2nd season is still to come but I love this show so will recommend it anyway

I think Asu no Yoichi should be a good watch as well, it hits on most of the marks on what you want.

I'd second MM!, Mayo Chiki!, Hidan no Aria, Baka to Test to Shōkanjū, Ladies v.s. Butler, Amagami SS episode 21-24(good call there Obelisk ze Tormentor).

ehh also maybe check out Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga nai?

...yea ok so that doesn't quite fit in many ways yet it does in others.
Old 2011-10-04, 20:10   Link #13
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Thanks again for your attention:

You have all been quite exhaustive, and brought to me many titles. I'm very grateful. I'll try to find the time for them all; afterall, i don't want to stop this new passion of japanese animation.

Uni will start again in a week, so i don't think i'll be able to watch em all by then, but during weekends i will. This forum was actually a nice catch: i found all the informations i was looking for. You have been very helpful.

Thank you again
Old 2011-10-04, 21:14   Link #14
Elegance

I second Shakugan no shana and Asu no yoichi
Also i recommend Hidan No Aria
Elegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 21:31   Link #15
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

To sum up:

Bakemonogatari - stopped at 10th episode, will watch later
Mayoi Chiki
Baka to Test to Shōkanjū
The World God only Knows
Shakugan no Shana - will surely watch
Otome Youkai Zakuro
Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi
Hidan no Aria
Mayoi Neko Overrun! - currently watching, like it
Dragon Crisis
Astarotte no Omocha!
Shuffle! - will watch
Myself, Yourself - will watch
Asu no Yoichi

This is the current list, and the titles i will watch afterwards (taken in order as they came).

If you think i can skip one of those according to my tastes, feel free to tell me, but i think i'll watch em all anyways.

Thanks again for the answers
Old 2011-10-04, 22:12   Link #16
larethian

kore wa zombie desu ka --> tsundere + harem + comedy (all in one)
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 00:30   Link #17
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... even if the anime is rather horrid compared to the manga, I can't believe no one suggested the classic Love Hina

It's definitely an older anime (and by older I mean 5+ years old), but it has a tsundere, some comedy, and after you watch all of it (including the OVAs), they do essentially get together

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 03:20   Link #18
Undertaker

Love Hina is great, but he is just starting to get into anime, I figure the new stuffs are easier for him to get into than older stuff.

As I said Bakemonogatari do need some background to really get into it and there are actually there are 15 episodes instead of 12 and the story are really more of 3 episode per arc. The reason being that the Light Novel that it is based on was really a 2 volume full of short stories.

If you like Mayo Neko, than you'll definitely enjoy Mayoi Chiki, Baka to Test to Shōkanjū, and The World God only Knows.
Old 2011-10-05, 06:47   Link #19
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

perfect: will watch those 3 after mayo neko. Thanks again

EDIT
finished watching mayo neko overrun, and it was kinda the thing i was looking for. What disappointed me was that it didn't actually have an end.

Anyways, started watching Mayo chiki, and from the first episode i can say i'm gonna like it.

You have guessed 2 animes i like, i wouldn't be surprised if i'll like the other two. Thanks again for the tips.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2011-10-05 at 10:29.
Old 2011-10-05, 11:10   Link #20
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Ohh, I’m so sorry for recommending Bakemonogatari . I didn’t know that you’re quite a newbie. Yup, I understand. Bakemonogatari must’ve been too intense & eccentric for a newcomer. Yeah, It’s your right to finish it or not, but as Konakaga said, they save the best for the last episodes, also the bonus episodes (IF you’re still interested).

Notes for The World God only Knows (TWGOK):
Since you prefer a closed/good ending, I’ll tell you this: TWGOK manga is still on-going and it seems the anime follows the manga so, don’t expect a really closed ending. Yeah, TWGOK has LOTS of Tsunderes & other interesting girls but you’ll get few jealousy scenes from it as the main-guy hunts the females’ love one-by-one till he got kissed by them. After they kissed, the relationship is basically over and the girls lost their memories of the guy. So, although there’s no real ending (so far), there’s A LOT of ‘mini-endings’ which all of them are pretty darn good!

Notes for Amagami SS episode 21-24:
Yes, the story (about Tsundere girl that you’re looking for) officially begins in episode 21 and ends in eps 24. That’s the whole arc for the Tsundere girl. The other episodes are the arcs for other girls. The whole Amagami SS series is like a parallel worlds divided by a certain girl’s arc with the same main-guy. The story is sweet and easy to follow. That’s why this series is pretty famous.

The other recommendations by other posters are pretty good for you. You’ll have a blast with them.