2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.93%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-24, 00:16   Link #41
sagematt
Magician of Words

@imac2much: Ok, I didn't meant that. I edited my post
Sushi and kj stopping posting? Oyashiro-sama, please, NEVER let that happen, it would be really awful. They were the ones who got me into it (by reading their tips) and even made be buy the visual novels.

No, it's not their duty, and if they ultimately decide not to inform us, that's up to them. I'm just saying that they should think of us lesser fans as the younger siblings, we have only the bastardized version by Deen and our inability to read Japanese makes us feel helpless. I'm not asking to spoil us, it's just that if, the arc has ended, if they are going to talk about what was left out, it would be wise and polite to inform us, since I believe we are the ones with the most interest on that matter (for example, such kickass quote by Satoko being left out ).
Old 2006-08-24, 01:52   Link #42
Keriaku
Thought Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagematt
Not always. Meakashi-hen ended, what's there to spoil? Whatever Deen left out is not a spoiler.

Spoiler:
Actually, there can still be spoilers even if the arc has ended. For example, what if something that is a clue to other arcs that aren't going to be aired is left out, it could still be a spoiler.
Old 2006-08-24, 05:10   Link #43
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Poor Shion... she went beyond haywireness in this episode.
Poor Rika...
Poor Mion too.
Poor Satoko. Sorry to all the Satoko fans, but it sounded so funny in a cute way when she busted out her 人殺し! at Shion
For some bizare freaky reason I thought it was cute it reminded me of the earlier arc, and I almost imagined a "killer" tag being slapped onto Shion

and...poor Rena almost no screentime throughout this arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagematt
I got very angry after I watched episode 20 and I was like WTF? This arc still hasn't ended? Are they even going to animate Tsumihoroshi at all?. I guess we can only pray to Oyashiro-sama
I'll be praying with you

....*joins Oyashiro-sama club*

To Oyashiro-sama: I also want more ebil Rena for christmas ;_;
*sends letter to north pole*
Old 2006-08-24, 05:33   Link #44
joshualimm

Have just watched episode 21... and Ouch! Poor Satoko!

Spoiler for dunno how much of this is considered spoiler, but anyway::

Amazing episode. Also, call me crazy, but I don't find the distorted faces too distracting. In fact, I'd like to think that all those weird faces reflect just how twisted the story is turning into. As more and more violence is shown, the more the characters' faces distort.

Sigh.. I've got to really start learning Japanese.
Old 2006-08-24, 07:15   Link #45
MarmoO

It ended almost like in American movie – psycho bitch dies stupid death – hooray. Would it be that painful for Deen to animate three more minutes to show that last scene with Shion, which Sushi is talking about? Was that scene less important for Deen than showing more retarded facial distortions and reused animations from 8 episode? I’m kind of disappointed, also I would love to see "alternate ending" with “You” in background :/.
Old 2006-08-24, 08:49   Link #46
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarmoO
It ended almost like in American movie – psycho bitch dies stupid death – hooray. Would it be that painful for Deen to animate three more minutes to show that last scene with Shion, which Sushi is talking about? Was that scene less important for Deen than showing more retarded facial distortions and reused animations from 8 episode? I’m kind of disappointed, also I would love to see "alternate ending" with “You” in background :/.
Maybe this missing stuff will be on DVD, as 4 or 5 minutes of extras, just to catch peoples attention to buy it (I doubt it)
On TV they have problems with commercial deals, time on screen, etc... Maybe that's the reason...
Old 2006-08-24, 09:38   Link #47
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Realy disappointing end to this arc, I was annoyed by the epiosde even before reading what parts of the game were skipped and I am even more disappointed after reading this. I am really hoping the next arc will reveal more about the Great Hinamizawa Mystery (tm) because this one didn't seem to reveal that much about the previous years murders apart from Shion jumping to conclusions all the time.

Spoiler:

Old 2006-08-24, 10:27   Link #48
LostBlue
祭囃子

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshualimm
Have just watched episode 21... and Ouch! Poor Satoko!

Spoiler for dunno how much of this is considered spoiler, but anyway::

Amazing episode. Also, call me crazy, but I don't find the distorted faces too distracting. In fact, I'd like to think that all those weird faces reflect just how twisted the story is turning into. As more and more violence is shown, the more the characters' faces distort.

Sigh.. I've got to really start learning Japanese.
I still haven't seen the EP so I have no idea how bloody the anime portrayed it but in the Sound Novel it was extremely gruesome. I remember reading Shion pounding that knife repeatively even after Satoko's bones were showing. What moved me so much is Satoko didn't cry... deeply sadden that they left out Satoko's last words tho...

As for "血がない," that was a mistake by the WinD TL at the time. Shion was saying "違いない" as in "It has to be Satoko. There's no mistake about it, there's no mistake about it <repeats>"

I'm tempted to TL the Shion's monologues for this EP (during the confession, & K1's torture) to serve it justice since I'll already doing the doll scene in the TIP section. It might take me awhile since I have serveral other things to TL but *sigh* I need closure to this disappointment.

Anywho, moving on...
The next arc, Tsumihoroboshi Hen!!!
Rena...
And this is the arc why Keiichi becomes my favorite character ^^
かっこい~いよ! 圭ちゃん

Look forward to the return of the Bat and the Hatchet/Machete!
IMO In the Higurashi series, this could have turned out as the WORST possible scenerio for all the character to encounter.

how DEEN is going to pull this off in 5 EPs is something I don't want to think about

Forewarning: The last anime chapter Tsumihoroboshi Hen will not solve the entire mystery. The following chapter Minagoroshi Hen does which will not be animated unfortunately. [/end warning]
Old 2006-08-24, 10:35   Link #49
BakaOnna

Speaking of Tsumihoroboshi Hen!! Does this scene happen in the arc? Because that would be so awesome.
Spoiler:
Hee, it's my current desktop wallpaper.
Old 2006-08-24, 10:51   Link #50
LostBlue
祭囃子

Let's just say, TYPE-Moon (the creators of Fate S/N) are fans of this series
Old 2006-08-24, 12:59   Link #51
joshualimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBlue
I still haven't seen the EP so I have no idea how bloody the anime portrayed it but in the Sound Novel it was extremely gruesome. I remember reading Shion pounding that knife repeatively even after Satoko's bones were showing. What moved me so much is Satoko didn't cry... deeply sadden that they left out Satoko's last words tho...
I became a Higurashi fan from watching the anime alone. But since so many people has been mentioning other medias, may I ask:

What other Higurashi products are out there (besides posters, mugs, collectibles, etc)? The Sound Novel? The game? Where and which one should I get (know any sites that accept paypal payment?)?

I really want to find out more about the story.

Last edited by joshualimm; 2006-08-24 at 14:48. Reason: typos and mistakes
Old 2006-08-24, 14:00   Link #52
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
I have a theory now.

Spoiler:

Then they could:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-24, 14:39   Link #53
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb
I have a theory now.

Spoiler:

Then they could:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-24, 14:52   Link #54
LostBlue
祭囃子

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshualimm
I'm became a Higurashi fan from watching the anime alone. But since so many people has been mentioning other medias, may I ask:

What other Higurashi products are out there (besides posters, mugs, collectibles, etc)? The Sound Novel? The game? Where and which one should I get (know any sites that accept paypal payment?)?

I really want to find out more about the story.
First, Sound Novel = the Game. It's the one and the same. It's very cheap for a game in the genre. You will need to understand enough Japanese to read a newspaper comfortably for this game, however. The anime is based of this and this will have the complete answer. There will be a PS2 version of the game as well, mention one of the links I have below. The Drama CDs and Manga are also a good source for more of the story.

Check out these links for other Merchandise and where to get them:

Higurashi music discussion (OP/ED, game soundtracks, dramaCDs etc.)

Higurashi Merchandise (Figurines, Artbooks, OSTs, etc.)

Higurashi manga thread
Old 2006-08-24, 18:30   Link #55
Rasuberi
Give me things to draw!!!

Send a message via AIM to Rasuberi
On that note... above. How many kanji would you say someone would know to "comfortably read a newspaper" about? Even though it'll be a much higher count than I know, I'll still be getting the games no mater what...

Since... This arc was so dissapointing. There were great parts, but overall... If they couldn't do this in six episodes, I'm extreamly worried about Tsumihoroboshi since it sounds like it would need more time than Meakashi.

Are they going to be releasing Drama CDs for all arcs? Because the Drama CDs are great.

Old 2006-08-24, 20:44   Link #56
Fallacy
;n;

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna
Speaking of Tsumihoroboshi Hen!! Does this scene happen in the arc? Because that would be so awesome.
Spoiler:
Hee, it's my current desktop wallpaper.
The exact same question in my mind. Ever since I saw that... "happy couples always smile" picture, I've been wondering if the scene is in Tsumihoroboshi-hen or... the later ones.
Old 2006-08-24, 21:36   Link #57
BakaOnna

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBlue

Let's just say, TYPE-Moon (the creators of Fate S/N) are fans of this series
But omigod! I just saw a similar senario in the manga so it has to happen at sometime during the series.
Old 2006-08-24, 21:38   Link #58
LostBlue
祭囃子

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasuberi
On that note... above. How many kanji would you say someone would know to "comfortably read a newspaper" about? Even though it'll be a much higher count than I know, I'll still be getting the games no mater what...

Since... This arc was so dissapointing. There were great parts, but overall... If they couldn't do this in six episodes, I'm extreamly worried about Tsumihoroboshi since it sounds like it would need more time than Meakashi.

Are they going to be releasing Drama CDs for all arcs? Because the Drama CDs are great.
Here, I took some sample text from the game. If you can read and understand these then you should be fine.

Spoiler for Keiichi + Shion's last phone call:

Spoiler for Chapter 5, Epilogue A:

Spoiler for Openning for Himatsubushi Hen:
Old 2006-08-25, 00:08   Link #59
Rasuberi
Give me things to draw!!!

Send a message via AIM to Rasuberi
Hmm. Yay, I was able to read more than I thought I'd be able to. o0; I only had some trouble with the epilogue, but that's nothing a dictionary couldn't help. XD Yay, happiness.

Thanks for the samples as well, LostBlue~! I have a little comfort on understanding it now. <3

Old 2006-08-25, 08:57   Link #60
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Meakshi-hen TIPS

Noteboook Page 199 (Ep. 21)

Regarding this TIP, why in the end we have:
"June XX, 1983
Sonozaki Mion"

?

Is it just Shion's madness, or we have another twins switch twist here? (well, since she use the term "Onibaba" and it is Shion's notes, so it is Shion, but...)

And about the gas disaster? It seems this time it didn't happened... Or it did?