AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-27, 08:53   Link #21
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Am I the only one who thinks that Zero No tsukaima manga's style doenst suit the series at all? This style turns everything into moe, not to mention that it is suited for comedy only. While Zero No Tsukima, has a lots of comedy in it doesnt consist only from it. While i can see it doing comedy bits fairly well I just cant imagine drama or serious moments presented here.

The artwork is just too full of sugar. It turns characters sexy designs intoo cute one's, while it is kawai and all the other things, it just sucks when the need for serious frames arises.

I really hope that the mangaka would drop the series (and go drawing manga's for 8-10 year olds) and someone who is better suited for the job would pic it up. but that is only wishful thinking...
Old 2007-06-02, 12:29   Link #22
Kakosan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that Zero No tsukaima manga's style doenst suit the series at all? This style turns everything into moe, not to mention that it is suited for comedy only. While Zero No Tsukima, has a lots of comedy in it doesnt consist only from it. While i can see it doing comedy bits fairly well I just cant imagine drama or serious moments presented here.
No, you're not the only one. I agree that the novel has much more to offer that a simple cute/funny story. I suppose it's a marketing issue, they aim for a broader audience... I guess we'll have to live with that.
Old 2007-06-02, 13:10   Link #23
Darknemo2000

Makes me wish that the same Magaka that does hakugan No shana series would do Zero No tsukaima as well, since he/she can makle comdy bits but also serious scenes well, not to mention that character designes look more srious and sexy while keeping some parts of cutenesss as well...

Damn..Manga is such a dissapointment for me. And I cant say that the artist sucks. He does ok job, it just that this style doesnt really do the sries justice, thats all...
Old 2007-07-04, 19:03   Link #24
hearts

Location: United States, in a small town that I want to get out of...
Send a message via AIM to hearts
'Zero No Tsukaima' manga in English?

I seem to be having a hard time finding out when the english translation of the manga series "Zero No Tsukiama" is coming out, let alone the japanese version. Can anyone tell me when it will be released and what it will be called in english?
Old 2008-01-30, 02:30   Link #25
Matt122005

You can find the links to it at http://s15.invisionfree.com/Zero_no_Tsukaima/

There up to chapter 7, so still a little ways to go since there are 3 volumes now in Japan.

It's a cute manga.

-Matt
Old 2008-01-30, 02:34   Link #26
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

After finishing reading volume 3, all I can say is:

1. I enjoy watching the anime over this...
2. I never minded the artwork until Waldo appeared... He actually looked handsome/menacing in the anime/novel... The moment I saw him in the manga... I was like ...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-01-30, 02:37   Link #27
Matt122005

Hmm, haven't read that far.

-Matt
Old 2008-08-12, 10:04   Link #28
VGx3

wow cool !
Old 2010-04-13, 08:09   Link #29
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

This is old news but the new zero no tsukaima manga Zero no tsukaima: Chevalier has started.

I have'nt been able to find any raws but apperantly it is a time skip and covers elements after the third season. The new mangaka Yukari Higa who also made the Nanoha Force manga has beautiful artstyle.
Old 2010-10-19, 10:14   Link #30
Johnny
Working the bags...

Just seen the first volume and it basically covers their trip to Louise's home and the Scarron Inn debacle...
Old 2010-10-21, 14:32   Link #31
tsunade666

I also saw the new manga and the art work is a lot better than the previews one.

Their isn't a time skip.
Old 2010-10-21, 18:22   Link #32
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I also saw the new manga and the art work is a lot better than the previews one.

Their isn't a time skip.
Its not hard to be better in terms of art than the previous one. Its much tougher to be worse bacause frankly the first ZnT managa had one of the worst artworks ever.

If you can draw then you already have a better art by default than that stuff.

And yeah - no time skip at all. Makes me to regret that they do from where the crap-manga left, because I wanted to see some parts from the crap-manga done by a normal author that can draw at least.
Old 2010-10-22, 14:20   Link #33
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

No it is a time skip they completly skipped the love potion, the last manga ended att the end of vol 2 while this manga starts at vol 6 and goes back to vol 5. There is nothing from vol 3 or four in the manga at all.
Old 2010-10-22, 19:20   Link #34
iealchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanyuuChan View Post
No it is a time skip they completly skipped the love potion, the last manga ended att the end of vol 2 while this manga starts at vol 6 and goes back to vol 5. There is nothing from vol 3 or four in the manga at all.
yeah, but they could do that later, since the order of the inn and louise's family was swapped, so it could be more of a re-ordering. Besides, they haven't brought up the ring of andivari, and the whole love potion part was a lead up to that.
Old 2010-10-23, 02:27   Link #35
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Yeah, but I don't really think that the love potion incident would work th same way after vol 6. But she may be able to pull it off I think she has made a great work until now at least.
Old 2011-01-16, 01:59   Link #36
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

I managed to get the first volume RAW, although i can't understand what is written, I think I get the picture. The draws are so different from the previous manga, this is deffinitely much better.
Waiting for some good hearth person to traslate it... Somewhere
Old 2011-01-16, 03:51   Link #37
iealchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
I managed to get the first volume RAW, although i can't understand what is written, I think I get the picture. The draws are so different from the previous manga, this is deffinitely much better.
Waiting for some good hearth person to traslate it... Somewhere
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/zero_n...ima_chevalier/
You are welcome
Old 2011-01-16, 15:39   Link #38
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Thank you a lot =D!
Too bad they only traslated the first chapter, it gets interesting at the 3-4

Tags
fantasy, seinen