AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-06-29, 09:31   Link #61
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Really? That's interesting... I'm not sure how it's possible to feature them and not accidentally give away one of the biggest plot twists in the game, but good luck to Oonuma.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 17:32   Link #62
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
No way, Tenmon will obviously compose four new pieces for us.
They might repeat what they did in the first season and have some sort of mix of Emotional Flutter as the ED of the last episode, though.

I kind of really want to see what comes before what little of the preview has been released, though.
See, I'd be happy with that. The main issue is that the ED to the game (Ever Forever) is also an amazing song. So, they already have 2 great songs for them to use, why trash them?

The funny thing about EF is that you don't want them to re-use songs, because that just loses time to anime original songs.
Old 2008-06-29, 18:49   Link #63
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Copying a post I made elsewhere.

I recently rewatched ef ~ a tale of memories in a marathon, and it's certainly one of those series you get an even greater appreciation of the second time round. I mean, there's just so much to it. The philosophy of art, the idea of love and support, the relationship between dedication and success and how it effects one's life, memories and love, caring for someone, etc, etc. It really was a well made, and very thought-provoking, but also very moving anime.

We can only hope this new series delivers more of that sort of stuff. Damn it'll be great it if can.

As far as Shinbo's influence is concerned, I never got the feeling that Oonuma was at all restrained by his "supervisor". To me (and I'm going by pure gut here), it feels as if both Shinbo and Oonuma's style of directing is guided by a philosophy of freedom of expression (you get the little hints of that within the show as well). I get the feeling that Oonuma is guided by Shinbo, but certainly not restricted. So I don't think Shinbo's absence will hurt this at all. A poor script, might, though, but there's no reason to believe in the slightest that this will happen, considering how good the script in the first series was.

I'm trying to keep a lid on my expectations though, on the off chance that this is a disappointment. ef ~ a tale of memories was so good. It's a hard act to follow.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 22:33   Link #64
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

^
Yeah, I marathoned the series again a couple of months ago, and it really was that much better.
Watching it as it aired let you slowly forget (no pun intended) minor details and nuances, so it's always better to watch something like ef in a marathon.

I also have the feeling that Oonuma and Shinbo just have similar styles, so Shinbo's absence might not be such a large impact. (hopefully)

mmm.. the thing is that the Chihiro and Renji story was the highlight of the Fall season, but I actually want to see Hiro Hiro and Miya Miya more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
See, I'd be happy with that. The main issue is that the ED to the game (Ever Forever) is also an amazing song. So, they already have 2 great songs for them to use, why trash them?

The funny thing about EF is that you don't want them to re-use songs, because that just loses time to anime original songs.
Tenmon knows how to do this kind of stuff.
He won't use one of the songs as the OP or ED of the series, but he'll probably have some kind of of remix of one of them as the final.
Or, as it was in the first season, there will be several ED songs and one of them will be from the game.
They also could be used as BGM songs in instrumental form (hopefully), too.
Listening to the OST and hearing his transcriptions of Kei's theme and Miyako's theme as background music was love.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-06-29 at 23:35. Reason: Of course it's not allowed -- don't post things if you know they might be forbidden
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 22:46   Link #65
BookOfMages
PALM SIZED TIGER!?

Expecting a lot, though I'm confident it will satisfy.

First season was wonderful.
BookOfMages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 23:37   Link #66
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way, for those wondering about Shinbo's involvement, the staff page on the official site has him listed as a supervisor after all. For some reason I thought someone already mentioned this here, but I guess not.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 01:08   Link #67
Kresnik
Anti-Hero

My only complaint with this anime is that 'Melodies' is irrelevant to the whole theme of ef. Of course the only ones related to this term is Kuze ONLY, but that makes little sense for a title. Well, just my little rants there.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-06-30 at 01:54. Reason: Please do not spoil future events from the game in this thread, as it's against the Spoiler Policy
Kresnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 01:39   Link #68
Kakisho
Just Another

Send a message via AIM to Kakisho
Heh, ef was nearly a perfect anime (imo, i don't like the first relationship's conclusion) but i absolutely loved the second one (Brought me to tears). Though... i'm not sure, I don't know how a second season would be for me. I think adding more to the original story is overkill and having a new one would just tear me to shreds deciding one what i liked better.
Old 2008-06-30, 02:27   Link #69
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Wow. It looks like they almost went overboard with the sky palette there.

As for Shinbo, I'm sure he'll guest direct or have some limited work here and there. I mean, it's Shaft for god's sakes.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 03:22   Link #70
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

(Insert inane fanboy squealing here)

I never expected there to be a follow-up, but it looks like they picked just the right material for one. I'm not going to bother keeping my expectations in check, even though the first ef was probably a fluke, but I will try to avoid comparing it to the first one.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 03:35   Link #71
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

mmm... you know, I actually expected a second season sometime after the first finished airing, but I thought it would cover the Kei/Kyousuke. Mizuki/Kuze, and Yu/Yuuko stories.

@Relentlessflame: Sorry, I skipped over the "Unlicensed Anime and Manga only" and skipped to "Posting Rules".
Old 2008-06-30, 06:00   Link #72
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
mmm... you know, I actually expected a second season sometime after the first finished airing, but I thought it would cover the Kei/Kyousuke. Mizuki/Kuze, and Yu/Yuuko stories.
Which is very likely to be the case, if the trailer is any indication It is not like they have anything else to cover. I would have expected some Kei/Kyousuke as well, but from a previous comment it seems that will not be the case. Oh well, i am plenty interested in the stories of Mizuki and Yuko ... Mizuki seemed so high spirited and "drama free" i wonder what her story will be about ... unless it comes from Kuze's side.
Old 2008-06-30, 06:40   Link #73
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I think it would've been a travesty if they didn't follow up since the first one was so surprisingly good and IMO, rivaled the best Kyoto Animation efforts. It was about time Minori stuff became serialized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Which is very likely to be the case, if the trailer is any indication It is not like they have anything else to cover. I would have expected some Kei/Kyousuke as well, but from a previous comment it seems that will not be the case. Oh well, i am plenty interested in the stories of Mizuki and Yuko ... Mizuki seemed so high spirited and "drama free" i wonder what her story will be about ... unless it comes from Kuze's side.
Apparently, Mizuki's story begins with a negative impact on her life, so I doubt it'll be drama free. I mean, what's the fun in that?

Last edited by SuperKnuckles; 2008-06-30 at 06:51.
Old 2008-06-30, 09:46   Link #74
evarcrazy89

I have a high expectation on how they will handle the darker part of the story.
evarcrazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 10:25   Link #75
Solafighter
Hige

A second season of Tale of Memories? Well that sounds very good, since i like the first season.

Im looking forward to it.

EDIT: Watched the preview trailer. Woha the music is great like in the first season.
Old 2008-07-01, 07:10   Link #76
Sojourner

I doubt there will be much Kei in Tale of Melodies, her story felt pretty much concluded back in Tale of Memories.
Sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 07:28   Link #77
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner View Post
I doubt there will be much Kei in Tale of Melodies, her story felt pretty much concluded back in Tale of Memories.
Well, either it concluded or it only just begun. And was that Kei, sitting naked and drawing something in the trailer?
Old 2008-07-01, 08:07   Link #78
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Well, either it concluded or it only just begun. And was that Kei, sitting naked and drawing something in the trailer?
Ah, that was Hiro's sister, though you, Skyfall, and I all thought the same thing.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure there's more to Kei and Kyousuke's story than what was shown in memories. They might not get to it in melodies, though.
Old 2008-07-01, 13:42   Link #79
sikvod00

"Mizuki" and "drama" in the same sentence sounds so...weird. Can't wait to see what happens though! I absolutely loved her voice and doll-like expression in episode 10 when she asked Hiro what he was doing wandering around.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 02:58   Link #80
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Well, Tales of Memories is based on the second part of the visual novel game, "Ef The Latter Tale" which recently came out a few weeks ago (which means that it's going to be based on Mizuki and Yuuko's stories). Even if Shinbo isn't directly involved they have all the material from the original work to pick from.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, shaft