AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-26, 21:40   Link #21
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
All the dialogue in the game is spoken english in the Japanese version and menus aren't that hard to figure out. Also, I don't recall any of the streamers I followed running into invading devs. Perhaps there were too many units that went out :V

I, for one, like the idea of being able to play with my buddies in Europe or asia. Segregating the game by region sucks, but what're you gonna do?
Really? Ah, too many imports made me think otherwise. Also there is no invading devs. There is a monster in a game that will kill you if you pirate the game.

Eh, what I'm going to do? Absolutely nothing. My opinion has shit against you, and vice versa. Speaking subjectively and all that.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 01:43   Link #22
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Dark Souls is not restricted to regions as Demon's Souls was. Someone that imported a JP copy can still play with friends in the US or EU.

The devs sent out max stats invaders to punish gamers with early/leak copies but due to online freezing issues, From Software took online down temporarily. They released a patch early today 1.02 that fix the freezing.

So at the moment everyone's back online and there are no max stats invaders (anymore) due to the JP official release date passing.
Ah, so they did send out max level invaders? First time I heard that. And here I thought I was being misinterpreted. From what I read there were monsters instead of invaders.

Though hearing it isn't region locked is great news. Next is cross platforming!

By the way, any news on the convenant system?
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 02:33   Link #23
u43368
Disabled By Request

Game of the year all years.

I want to fight the max stat invader. It would be like a super extra boss battle or something.
u43368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 23:29   Link #24
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

This game delivered on the marketing slogan. I'm only 6 hours into the game and can't remember how many times I've died. It wasn't just carelessness The enemy AI this time around is both inspiring and terrifying.
Inspiring: knocking an enemy off from higher ground and instead of getting stuck he runs to a ladder, scales it, and gets back to me.
Terrifying: when an enemy gets in a quick hit and proceeds to roll around behind me for the followup. Oh, with the right shield they will parry.

As for region restriction, word is the Japanese gamers have created a low level thief build for the Forest Hunter covenant. This is so they can rape any westerners from progressing through the dark forest.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 07:36   Link #25
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

such a waste -_- I don't go where I'm not welcomed at low levels. getting OP weapons from suicidal things that i shouldnt be near isnt my thing.

I'll get that stuff when I kill it.
Old 2011-10-05, 21:25   Link #26
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
My first 3 hours consist of me dying over 40 times doing suicidal runs through the underground catacombs. But it was all worth it when I obtained Nito's sword. Of course my stats are still too low to even use it.
That reminds me of some horrible grinding for 150+ hours that I did just to get atleast 10% through an RPG.... Determination is such a time-waster....
Old 2011-10-05, 21:28   Link #27
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Do I need to play Demons before getting this?
Is this harder than Ninja Gaiden II for X360?
Is this game moved by trial n error like Demon's?
Old 2011-10-05, 22:37   Link #28
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I don't think you need to play Demon's Soul. Just get this game if you want.

And it's a kind of hard that's different than Ninja Gaiden. It's less frustrating (actually, it's not), and most of the time, you can always say it's your own fault that lead to your death instead of the game.
Old 2011-10-05, 23:16   Link #29
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
That reminds me of some horrible grinding for 150+ hours that I did just to get atleast 10% through an RPG.... Determination is such a time-waster....
Actually, with bonfires soul grinding is a little easier. You'd think regenerating enemies would be a problem but they are exactly what you need. In DeS you'd have to warp back to the nexus each time but here you just need to sit by the fire then leave.

>Do I need to play Demons before getting this?
Nope. If you find yourself liking DaS then give it a try, too.
>Is this harder than Ninja Gaiden II for X360?
Like Duo mentioned it's a different kinda hard. I usually find myself dying out of carelessness or impatience, but it really depends on your play style.
>Is this game moved by trial n error like Demon's?
I wouldn't say "trial and error", but it is a learning experience. You don't necessarily have to die to learn - you could be at the jaws of death, succeed, and find yourself evaluating why you got in the situation.
Old 2011-10-05, 23:48   Link #30
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Do I need to play Demons before getting this?
Is this harder than Ninja Gaiden II for X360?
Is this game moved by trial n error like Demon's?
Ninja gaiden is a diffrent hard, hard as in the mobs are super cheap and love to react to your button pressing.
Old 2011-10-06, 00:01   Link #31
SvenCalBayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Ninja gaiden is a diffrent hard, hard as in the mobs are super cheap and love to react to your button pressing.
I agree with most people, it's a different kinda hard. Ninja Gaiden is a fast paced action game, much faster than Dark or Demon's Souls.

Hey, Ryu Hayabusa has no stamina bar to speak of... can you imagine him in the world of Dark Souls or Demon's Souls. He would literally OWN, not only by the fact that he never get's tired or out of breath, but also because he's so much faster. By the time your Dark or Demon's souls character has slashed a boss monster 2 times, Ryu would would have already completed 9-hit slash combo with his Katana.
SvenCalBayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 16:37   Link #32
Sphire

Been playing the game too. Uploading some videos of Sorceror gameplay. Probably not the best starting class. Anyone else using a mage?

Old 2011-10-16, 16:52   Link #33
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I have the feeling that in the way that even the trailer says that you "will die over and over". I'm getting that feeling that there will be parts in the game where you'll just have to die and you can do nothing about it... Either way, not much discussion going on, are people frustrated that they are dying over and over or is it not that interesting as it seemed? Or maybe people haven't gotten it yet
Old 2011-10-16, 17:02   Link #34
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

You will die over and over but it's always because you haven't encountered the enemy before and don't know how to beat it, or because you were reckless. Even the bosses have ways to beat them that make them seem like cakewalk (I kept getting owned by taurus demon until I figured out the right strategy and I then basically steamrolled him).

You need patience, the ability to figure things out and adapt, and a tactical approach to the battles. If you have those, you can more than handle what the game throws at you.
Old 2011-10-16, 17:40   Link #35
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

You're probably right there There is even a speed-run through the game in 1hr and 26mins on youtube.
Old 2011-10-16, 21:07   Link #36
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
there will be parts in the game where you'll just have to die and you can do nothing about it
I don't think so. I'm running multiple characters and classes and I found that things that maybe took me hours to do the first time around took minutes. I'd like the propose then that this game is also a bit of a "journey of self discovery".
Old 2011-10-16, 23:10   Link #37
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
You will die over and over but it's always because you haven't encountered the enemy before and don't know how to beat it, or because you were reckless. Even the bosses have ways to beat them that make them seem like cakewalk (I kept getting owned by taurus demon until I figured out the right strategy and I then basically steamrolled him).

You need patience, the ability to figure things out and adapt, and a tactical approach to the battles. If you have those, you can more than handle what the game throws at you.
Oh and you need to learn how to exploit the bosses unintentional weakness. like getting up the wall during Sif and bombard him with fire balls until he's dead.

or farm the guys in the forest. or just do what most PVPers do, exploit a few magic glitches and kill people unfairly

love this game tho :P
Old 2011-10-28, 00:42   Link #38
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I hate blighttown -_-
Old 2011-10-31, 04:37   Link #39
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
Dark Souls

edit: I fail at not searching for the topic first before making a new thread

anyway game is hard for me so far. I only just beat the giant minatour demon by plunge attacking him three times in a row as apposed to doing it the right way and dodging his attacks at ground level or something.

Last edited by Hayamaneko; 2011-10-31 at 17:19.
Hayamaneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 06:59   Link #40
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

already made a topic a while back bro, sorry.

Tags
demon's souls sequel, from software, king's field sequel