AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-05-14, 01:33   Link #10221
Avvesione

Thinking ahead to the second part, I wonder if any of the new Angels will bring over other Fragments like Sound, Second Sight, Opener, and Egoic Lotus that we saw in Needless 0 (or others like Electricity or Light). They have to come from somewhere, so why not have other Angels bring over other Fragments that aren't related to the 12 Stigmata from the first two that crossed the gate.

Then again, who knows how much we'll see of the characters from Second Sight and Egoic Lotus in the second half. Just because their stories occur in the same timeline following 1.5 doesn't necessarily mean that they'll be included to a significant degree. But then again, they have those Fragments and they have to originate from somewhere, so that's just something to think about.

Also, while on the topic of the Angels, it's kinda crazy to see how different the one that attacked Kasumi was and that Gido defeated compared to this current one which absolutely wrecked Gido and Arclight. Guess there are many different types of Angels out there...
Old 2013-05-14, 01:54   Link #10222
Xiammes

Quote:
Thinking ahead to the second part, I wonder if any of the new Angels will bring over other Fragments like Sound, Second Sight, Opener, and Egoic Lotus that we saw in Needless 0 (or others like Electricity or Light). They have to come from somewhere, so why not have other Angels bring over other Fragments that aren't related to the 12 Stigmata from the first two that crossed the gate.
I think those powers might be related to the Second Chirst, Egotic Lotus definatly sounds like one of his powers(healing with the palm of his hand). Also its not like they give out powers, the fragments are developed by unlocking portions of the brain, meaning all Angels had to have similar power sets.

Of course we don't know Angle Biology and they have significantly larger brains then we do and they can have a much wider assortment of powers then what the Second Chirst had.
Old 2013-05-14, 13:05   Link #10223
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
We only know Eve is in there, and a girl named Seth who I wonder if is the same Seth we know or someone else with the same name.
That Seth was in the BLACK SPOT doujin, which the author himself says shouldn't be regarded as canon. I doubt we'll be seeing either Seth again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
Also, while on the topic of the Angels, it's kinda crazy to see how different the one that attacked Kasumi was and that Gido defeated compared to this current one which absolutely wrecked Gido and Arclight. Guess there are many different types of Angels out there...
It seems no two are alike, apart from being hexadactyl of course.

I've been itching to use the word "hexadactyl"...
Old 2013-05-14, 17:00   Link #10224
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayo A. View Post
That Seth was in the BLACK SPOT doujin, which the author himself says shouldn't be regarded as canon. I doubt we'll be seeing either Seth again.
Are you sure? Cain is also there and his current appearance makes a cameo in the Sword of the Reaper prologue along with many other needlesses that already appeared or are yet to do.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 21:02   Link #10225
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiammes View Post
I think those powers might be related to the Second Chirst, Egotic Lotus definatly sounds like one of his powers(healing with the palm of his hand). Also its not like they give out powers, the fragments are developed by unlocking portions of the brain, meaning all Angels had to have similar power sets.

Of course we don't know Angle Biology and they have significantly larger brains then we do and they can have a much wider assortment of powers then what the Second Chirst had.
Well, what I was thinking is that the Angel seemed surprised that Blade was able to use Shield of Aegis to block its attacks... so if all the Angels had similar move-sets, it shouldn't be surprised since it too would have Shield of Aegis. Not only that but saying that the 12 Stigmata are the moves closest to the Second Christ, I wouldn't be surprised if other Angels, one that aren't advanced troops, have different move-sets depending on their skill, class or occupations.

But that's just my thoughts on the issue now, we have no idea what the other Angels are like since we've only seen 3 or 4 briefly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
Are you sure? Cain is also there and his current appearance makes a cameo in the Sword of the Reaper prologue along with many other needlesses that already appeared or are yet to do.
Oh right, come to think of it, you see Ashiki and Taeka in the first chapter of the serialized Needless manga. I kinda wonder if they were included there since the manga followed those one-shots in Ultra Jump in previous issues or what, but it's worth noting that they do appear there, too, just kinda in a narrative like Cain in the Sword of the Reaper.

Good catch there.
Old 2013-05-15, 13:53   Link #10226
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
It wouldn't be the first time a series completely removed the whole cast in a part 2 of sorts (though those cases don't usually last long xD).

Don't get me wrong, if it were up to me part 2 would most of the part 1 cast in the leading position again, especially Cruz.
Well, we still don't know how or when part 2 begins. We really can't take Needless 1.5 as specifically. We can take as a blueprint of what's to come. Obviously with AnN, the Black Madam and Cain entering the story. However, whether they live in the church or AnN having the dame problem of memorizing names as Eve, we can't be sure, because it was the one od the original one shots. Dealing with the current cast, some may turn into antagonist than dying, that's another viable option.

Quote:
Well, what I was thinking is that the Angel seemed surprised that Blade was able to use Shield of Aegis to block its attacks... so if all the Angels had similar move-sets, it shouldn't be surprised since it too would have Shield of Aegis. Not only that but saying that the 12 Stigmata are the moves closest to the Second Christ, I wouldn't be surprised if other Angels, one that aren't advanced troops, have different move-sets depending on their skill, class or occupations.

But that's just my thoughts on the issue now, we have no idea what the other Angels are like since we've only seen 3 or 4 briefly.

Oh right, come to think of it, you see Ashiki and Taeka in the first chapter of the serialized Needless manga. I kinda wonder if they were included there since the manga followed those one-shots in Ultra Jump in previous issues or what, but it's worth noting that they do appear there, too, just kinda in a narrative like Cain in the Sword of the Reaper.

Good catch there.
Maybe we're looking to deep into it. As Xiammes said, fragments are born by unlocking unused portions of the brain. The angel that merged with the human, who would be known as the Second Christ, unlocked all portions of the human's brain unlocking his own powers and giving him the body powerful enough to control it. What we are confusing as angel abilities are actually the untapped potential of humans that the angels wouldn't know about. What Arclight said about the Second Christ transformation actually being weaker than the angel's full power holds up because the Second Christ's power was only all power of his brain, but none of the angel's already inherent powers. However, he could attain them by fully absorbing another. That's why absorbing an angel was necessary to attain the Almighty for the Adam clones.

Yeah but according to the same chapter, the event takes place in 2130, the same year as the current series.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Kurohane; 2013-05-15 at 14:20.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 18:17   Link #10227
Leidolfr

I'm nervous to know that going to happen next, now blade will be the new enemy?, and if so, what will happen to Cruz and company?, hopefully in the next chapter some mysteries are resolved
Leidolfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 21:13   Link #10228
thor94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leidolfr View Post
I'm nervous to know that going to happen next, now blade will be the new enemy?, and if so, what will happen to Cruz and company?, hopefully in the next chapter some mysteries are resolved
If, blade becomes the next enemy, I thinks that it will be a big psychological shock for cruz (worse than he has suffured when he learnt the truth about aruka betrayal in simeon ark)
thor94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 06:06   Link #10229
Avvesione

Since the chapter is only a few days away, might as well repost this page since it could be potentially significant (depending on how the manga plays out):

Chapter 74, Page 18:
Spoiler:

Be interesting to see how, combined with his artificial body, plays out now considering that he is becoming the Almighty.
Old 2013-05-16, 10:15   Link #10230
Homura7

So Jojo's raw is already out and the magazine will be released next Saturday, so we may get our Needless raw today or tomorrow.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 11:01   Link #10231
Soji

Avvesione@I had the same thought.
I'm really curious to see how this will affect Blade in his new form(like you just point out).
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 12:05   Link #10232
Xiammes

Quote:
Since the chapter is only a few days away, might as well repost this page since it could be potentially significant (depending on how the manga plays out):

Chapter 74, Page 18:
Spoiler:

Be interesting to see how, combined with his artificial body, plays out now considering that he is becoming the Almighty.

Don't know how it will mess with his artificial body, but eating the Angel did heal Arclights heart and right eye so Blade's brain should technically be healed after eating the angel.

Quote:
So Jojo's raw is already out and the magazine will be released next Saturday, so we may get our Needless raw today or tomorrow.

that would be wonderful

I got the raw

Last edited by Xiammes; 2013-05-16 at 12:15.
Xiammes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 12:28   Link #10233
Xiammes

Hate to double post but what the hell

Spoiler for 113:
Old 2013-05-16, 12:54   Link #10234
Avvesione

HOLY SHIT!

Spoiler:
Old 2013-05-16, 12:59   Link #10235
Xiammes

Quote: