AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-22, 18:17   Link #1
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
A warning for all readers-unless you are current with the manga you should be aware this entire thread is likely to be filled with spoilers.

Spoiler:

While I might have my opinion, I want to hear everyone's on what's about to happen or as it happens. With the first blows about to be exchanged, now is as good as any time to talk about where you see things, where they're going, and even indulge in some rampant speculation along the way.

Last edited by revan5; 2008-10-23 at 10:35. Reason: Spoiler section improvements
Old 2008-10-22, 19:43   Link #2
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Finally a thread for all this stuff! Now everyone can stop talking about it everywhere else!

BTW first post! I never get the first post. Now we just need a thread for Teresa and Priscilla.
Old 2008-10-23, 01:37   Link #3
shelter
Every word must conjure

Send a message via MSN to shelter
As much as I think it's great that we can finally discuss these things out in the open, perhaps we might need to put some of the stuff into spoilers?

And for a start to this discussion, I believe that the term "Island War" is too narrow a term to describe the state of things with which the so-called Island is in now. Only the Ghosts understand that there's a greater conflict, but half of them seem to embroiled in personal struggles to consider the spectre of it. In addition, the term "Island War" assumes the Organization itself values the state of the island (or the island-state, if it makes any sense) & seeks to maintain the balance between yoma, AB, warrior, Organization & human - in that hierachical order.

Last but not least, "Island War" is a rather overarching term, but I noticed that there isn't much mention of the Dragon-Kin. I think they will play a crucial part in the battle should there be any war.

The politics of this "island" are rather complicated, really. And I think as Yagi releases more chapters we'll start to understand the fluidity of control in the Claymore world.
Old 2008-10-23, 03:44   Link #4
KillerYomaFromSpace

Isley is the one we don't know about yet, he will not ally Riful, but he may ally with the ghosts, the org, or the "others" (this faction really needs an oficial name)

We don't know about Raciela either, but I think Riful will get what she want, because right now, I see her faction as the weakest, with Raciela's boost it may become the strongest.

It's most likely that the ghosts are going to be a great power if they get Priscila and Miata to fight on their side, however, those may be double-edged weapons. They may also get Galatea, and future Claymores may join the cause too (maybe René, or Audrey (she didn't reveal who saved them)).
They may also get Isley if he turns out to be a good guy (but I hate the idea of a male fighter with the ghosts other than Raki (and because he is already with Clare)) and even if he join the ghosts he can still betray them at the end making him even more of an asshole instead.

The org has Alicia and Beth, and then a lot of useless claymores that will either join the rebellion or fall against the mighty yuma punch I think the org is pretty much screwed with so many powerful enemies out there.

About the other faction, we don't know much about them yet, but I think Rubel can tansform into a huge monster if he wants to, or else I don't know what would keep Clare for not ripping his head off in the next chapter.
Old 2008-10-23, 04:51   Link #5
reexample

support the upstairs.
so many words~it's too hard understanding to me~what's the "spoilers" refers to?
my english is poor and this is my first time to come this forum~
Old 2008-10-23, 05:41   Link #6
Yosei
Death by writing

Hi reexample, "spoilers" means some kind of information that could tell you something important about the real (canon) story, and if you don't know about it, you will get "spoiled". That is why people always warn others if they are giving spoilers. I hope that helps.

Welcome to the forum BTW

I know nothing about this manga, but looking at the summary by TC, it looks great!

Buddhism and spirituality: Buddhist Door

Fanfiction: Transformers 00
Galaxy Fantasy
Old 2008-10-23, 07:24   Link #7
LONEWOLF13

Mainland armies

then what about the Armies of the mainland they might have there own powerful
warriors or perhaps even monsters that could best the AB of the North and west

well thats what i think
Old 2008-10-23, 07:30   Link #8
reexample

hi Yosei.thanks a lot~
i find it in baidu~"spoilers" in chinese means "剧透".
i think claymore is a attractive manga.
Old 2008-10-23, 07:39   Link #9
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

I think all the factions on the island are weak. They all are looking for some advantage.

G10 needs some more Claymores.
Riful needs Racilia.
The Org have an AO, but she is to risky for any major war
Isley no longer has Priscilla

Isley is the only one that could have taken over the Island if he wanted. At this point he might be just as powerless as everyone else. He had Priscilla on his side, but now Priscilla is in Raki's pocket.

Ok, I take that back. Raki is the most powerful on the Island.

Edit: I just realized that Alicia and Beth have a major weak point. Yes it’s the soul-link. I always thought that someone has to physically disturb the soul-link. With Galatea on the ghost side, she can interfere with Beth from a distance, no need to get close. That means even if Beth have 45 Claymore surrounding her, their effort in defending her would be meaningless. Yes I know, Alicia would still be a danger to the ghost, but it's better to have Alicia going on a rampage, than to have to fight Alicia and the Org at the same time. The ghost can also go stealth right after disturbing the soul-link, and let Alicia take care of the Org.

Last edited by Awakened; 2008-10-23 at 08:15.
Old 2008-10-23, 08:15   Link #10
Yosei
Death by writing

Quote:
Originally Posted by reexample View Post
hi Yosei.thanks a lot~
Please ask me if you need any help. Enjoy your time here. You might like to check out the Image Thread, and also Galateasrbb has made an awesome game on the RPG thread.

Buddhism and spirituality: Buddhist Door

Fanfiction: Transformers 00
Galaxy Fantasy
Old 2008-10-23, 10:29   Link #11
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
I think all the factions on the island are weak. They all are looking for some advantage.

G10 needs some more Claymores.
Riful needs Racilia.
The Org have an AO, but she is to risky for any major war
Isley no longer has Priscilla

Isley is the only one that could have taken over the Island if he wanted. At this point he might be just as powerless as everyone else. He had Priscilla on his side, but now Priscilla is in Raki's pocket.

Ok, I take that back. Raki is the most powerful on the Island.

Edit: I just realized that Alicia and Beth have a major weak point. Yes it’s the soul-link. I always thought that someone has to physically disturb the soul-link. With Galatea on the ghost side, she can interfere with Beth from a distance, no need to get close. That means even if Beth have 45 Claymore surrounding her, their effort in defending her would be meaningless. Yes I know, Alicia would still be a danger to the ghost, but it's better to have Alicia going on a rampage, than to have to fight Alicia and the Org at the same time. The ghost can also go stealth right after disturbing the soul-link, and let Alicia take care of the Org.
Spoiler:

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2008-10-23, 10:42   Link #12
iLney

@revan5:
The problem is Isley doesn't want the island in the first place
Old 2008-10-23, 10:50   Link #13
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLney View Post
@revan5:
The problem is Isley doesn't want the island in the first place
Then what are his motives?

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2008-10-23, 11:30   Link #14
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Right now Isley is the wild card. But there is something I need to bring up about the ghosts. If they release their Youki, how much of an increase to their power will that give them?
Spoiler for Ghosts secret weapon:

And lets not forget that Claire is the main charecter. I'm willing to bet that at some point she will surpase the abyssal level of power.
Old 2008-10-23, 11:50   Link #15
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
I'm not so sure that the ghosts are the weakest group on the Island, at the moment. They seem to have two people who are at number one level -- not Teresa's. An AO is a number one awakened, and when Clare goes berserk the next time, she should be more powerful than the last time. At the end of this current arc, her power will probably rival Riful's, I think. The Org might not be as powerful as they think they are. They have Alicia and Beth, but what they really want is Clare, IMO. Also don't be so sure about Isley not allying with Riful; that would be a good twist.
Old 2008-10-23, 11:54   Link #16
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by reexample View Post
hi Yosei.thanks a lot~
Ah cool, you would be good to have around at the beginning of the month when the Chinese spoilers start coming around.
Old 2008-10-23, 12:00   Link #17
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
Then what are his motives?
i think he just wanted to get the south part of the island if he wanted the whole thing he had plenty of time in those seven years with priscilla noone would be able to stop him
Old 2008-10-23, 12:18   Link #18
iLney

If he just wants the south, he would've taken it 100 years ago.

Of the 3 AO:

_Isley wants something we do not know
_Riful wants security and friends
_Luciela wants the island (it seems)

See the greedy one is always gone first
Old 2008-10-23, 12:35   Link #19
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLney View Post
If he just wants the south, he would've taken it 100 years ago.

Of the 3 AO:

_Isley wants something we do not know
_Riful wants security and friends
_Luciela wants the island (it seems)

See the greedy one is always gone first
we can't really say what luciela wanted we just see her figthing easley and getting killed by raphaela
Old 2008-10-23, 12:38   Link #20
LONEWOLF13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post
Right now Isley is the wild card. But there is something I need to bring up about the ghosts. If they release their Youki, how much of an increase to their power will that give them?
Spoiler for Ghosts secret weapon:

And lets not forget that Claire is the main charecter. I'm willing to bet that at some point she will surpase the abyssal level of power.
But she might loose her sanity and turn into pure bloodlust unless she's able to maintain it just like Isley.
Closed Thread