AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 77 44.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 57 32.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 12.72%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 6.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.16%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-18, 13:32   Link #161
Arbane the Terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belum_nabum View Post
Ok the episode is great and IT SUCKS I HAVE NO TIME to talk to you all about other animes but I will take some time to discuss this series.

So let me get this straight:

-WTH is GOING ON? There is another Beatrice who makes a little girl named Beatrice an apprentice?
"Beatrice the Elder" never actually calls that girl "Beatrice" when talking to her. Maybe our Beatrice took that name later? (Chibi-Beatrice sure was a cute kid. I wonder what made her the scenery-chewing sadist we all know and love?)

Quote:
-Maria also happens to draw a circle during the beach part
"And in the background of this scene, Maria is drawing a magic circle to summon C'thulhu and destroy the entire island."

Quote:
WTH? Is that Maria older and a witch?
Spoiler for a:
My first thought when I saw her was: "Oh, great. it's evil Card Captor Sakura".

Looks like it's going to be an interesting arc...
Old 2009-09-18, 13:48   Link #162
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
I don't know why you wouldn't think there isn't another game coming up ... and another one after that ... that is kind of the premise of the show, isn't it? It's kind of like watching FMA and saying, "UGH, MORE SEARCHING FOR THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE??? When will it end???" Suffice it to say, that aspect is not going to change, definitely not in this season. However, what occurs in each game will change, of course, and I would say the variations get more extreme each time the board is set up.
I already had my suspicions when the second one started. If it is then i can't complain. Just didn't seem that obvious to me. Atleast not as obvious as the premise in Fullmetal Alchemist. I guess it just didn't feel like a premise to me because it's not one I particularly like so i guess i was sort of hoping it wouldn't be.
Old 2009-09-18, 13:51   Link #163
Kitsu
The unlucky one

well the actual premise is more like "Finding out the truth" and as long no one finds the truth the game will repeat itself endless times. Or at least I always thought this way
Old 2009-09-18, 14:00   Link #164
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I already had my suspicions when the second one started. If it is then i can't complain. Just didn't seem that obvious to me. Atleast not as obvious as the premise in Fullmetal Alchemist. I guess it just didn't feel like a premise to me because it's not one I particularly like so i guess i was sort of hoping it wouldn't be.
I just can't see why would you expect nothing but a restart when everyone is dead. All the new games are the same yes, but they're also very different at the same time. Bascially, the premise and the ceremony are concepts that stick throughout every reset, but the execution is very different each time.

It's funny, you just reminded me of my friend whom I introduced the series too back when it was just first airing. He really enjoyed it, but then he was really really confused as to how their going to keep your interest and plot going for 26 episodes when half of the cast was dead by the third. Mindless rambling.
Old 2009-09-18, 14:05   Link #165
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It was really an empty threat. I only ever drop an anime if it's really REALLY bad.

Otherwise I'll carry on even if i am losing interest.
Honestly, I'd say if you're not enjoying something, no matter how much other people like it, you should drop it.

I don't think this is for everyone, and if you don't like it, there's no need to force yourself.
Old 2009-09-18, 14:40   Link #166
Arbane the Terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
It's funny, you just reminded me of my friend whom I introduced the series too back when it was just first airing. He really enjoyed it, but then he was really really confused as to how their going to keep your interest and plot going for 26 episodes when half of the cast was dead by the third. Mindless rambling.
Heh. I'm guessing he hadn't seen Higurashi?
Old 2009-09-18, 14:43   Link #167
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

A great episode, even though I am confused in many things I'll just let it go since I'm sure they will explain them later. Battler and his faces were funny, I'm curious to know more about his past I wonder if they show a flashback of young Battler and what he was like?

OMG young Eva in that flashback was just wonderful

Well looking forward to next episode, to see what Rosa means by saying that she killed Beatrice.
Old 2009-09-18, 15:11   Link #168
Belum_nabum
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
The Beatrice you see on that flashback never calls her disciple by name. In this episode she calls her "hime-sama" princess.
Ok, my fatigue got me. So that girl hime-sama just takes the name of her master after all.
Old 2009-09-18, 15:34   Link #169
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySoldier37 View Post
Well looking forward to next episode, to see what Rosa means by saying that she killed Beatrice.

she split her head open with a fork or something, it's rosa we are talking about, she can turn your body to dust by hitting you with a bag.

I hacked the poll so I could vote twice thus give this chapter it's deserved score of 15.
Old 2009-09-18, 16:22   Link #170
Hatori~
B. rabbit

Send a message via AIM to Hatori~
still not impressed with DEEN (except the slight clean up with story and scenes) but the animation continues to make my skin crawl... but the new seiyuus did a respectable job.
Old 2009-09-18, 16:31   Link #171
maximilianjenus
[E]

I hope this belongs here; would you prefer crappy animation with good seiyuus or good animation with crappy seiyuus ?
Old 2009-09-18, 16:39   Link #172
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

You know, I think I cannot answer to that that easily

Old 2009-09-18, 16:49   Link #173
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
I hope this belongs here; would you prefer crappy animation with good seiyuus or good animation with crappy seiyuus ?
Drama CDs with good seiyuus have no animation at all and can still sell well.

I can't think of a good example of a good animation / crappy seiyuu combo...

In my opinion, episodes like this one show good animation and good seiyuus for Unimeko.
Old 2009-09-18, 17:11   Link #174
Westlo
Lets be reality

DEEN have never really put out a good quality tv series in regards to animation in like forever... only one I would say is great is Read or Die TV and that was a joint project worked J.C Staff... (and this would also be the best looking J.C Staff show this decade)

DEEN can put out good animation... you only have to look at the Rurouni Kenshin and Read or Die OVAs (which frankly look a heck of a lot better than the majority of OVAs released in the last few years)... the problem is they are OVAs.

Expecting good animation from DEEN in a tv series is like expecting KyoAni to come up with a good original concept anime, it's not going to happen. DEEN are allright but I don't know why some people seem to have expected I.G, Bones, KyoAni, Top Tier Madhouse animation...
Old 2009-09-18, 17:20   Link #175
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Drama CDs with good seiyuus have no animation at all and can still sell well.
There are also anime where people practically never talk (Tenshi no Tamago).

Old 2009-09-18, 17:23   Link #176
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
DEEN can put out good animation... you only have to look at the Rurouni Kenshin and Read or Die OVAs (which frankly look a heck of a lot better than the majority of OVAs released in the last few years)... the problem is they are OVAs.
Yeah DEEN does seem to do better with OVAs, looking at how well they handled Higurashi Rei compared to the original series (then again, it's director wasn't Chikai Kon so )

Whole thing is that the art doesn't have to be amazing imo, just consistent and normal to an extent (like putting a nose on Beatrice for example ). Do I have to remind you guys of uguu beato from the second arc? Pure QUALITY work there that shouldn't have been overlooked at all, as it is a plain in sight frame, not something in the background.
Old 2009-09-18, 20:55   Link #177
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
WHO THE HELL IS THIS!
Spoiler for a:
Okay since so many people asked, I will tell you!!!

As you can clearly see from the op, she is the:

空をかける少女

Sorry I had to do it

PS: It's a joke! Basically what I said there is that she is a girl that falls from the sky, which is what you see in the op (Captain obvious is at work here). But I actually made a pun which probably only a few will understand.

Old 2009-09-18, 21:00   Link #178
maximilianjenus
[E]

I am pretty sure that's kanon with longer hair and a red hair dye job.(or just wearing a wig).

Last edited by maximilianjenus; 2009-09-18 at 21:03. Reason: forgot a word
Old 2009-09-18, 21:07   Link #179
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Ms. Red Head actually has a smaller chest than I envisioned her to have.
Old 2009-09-18, 21:07   Link #180
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Okay since so many people asked, I will tell you!!!

As you can clearly see from the op, she is the:

空をかける少女

Sorry I had to do it

PS: It's a joke! Basically what I said there is that she is a girl that falls from the sky, which is what you see in the op (Captain obvious is at work here). But I actually made a pun which probably only a few will understand.
Something to do with "angel"?