AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-09-08, 13:55   Link #81
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Its about time their relationship surpassed Ueno's and Oka's. Honestly, and I think I said this before, I dislike that pair as they are totally uninteresting.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 14:14   Link #82
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Its about time their relationship surpassed Ueno's and Oka's. Honestly, and I think I said this before, I dislike that pair as they are totally uninteresting.
Yes thank you. I feel exactly the same way as you do. Could not have said it better.
Old 2008-09-08, 16:51   Link #83
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

I don't really dislike them except in that they're normal, and I dislike normal people. The world consists of two types of people, normal and weird, and I definitely prefer weird. Mikoto is inherently interesting because of her original approach to life, whereas normal people tend to be dull.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 01:54   Link #84
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
You think this series is weird? I've read much weirder series, which were also good.
The manga-ka's previous series Yume Tsukai is weirder like the pregant girl's arc...

Anyways he's previous was turned into an anime:

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1067034c...793256&rank=12

12 episodes in total. Hopefully they'll also turn this into an anime.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 05:22   Link #85
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
awwwww.

jealousy.

ain't it cute?

Old 2008-09-09, 08:41   Link #86
UPR

wow chapter 24 was also a really good one. And looks like finally some jealousy from Urabe, even though it's hard to tell from just the face. And that is one way to keep your guy in line.

Good to see that Urabe get mad at Tsubaki looking at other girls since we had only seen his side. And he pretty much has done much of the sweet talk.
Old 2008-09-09, 09:16   Link #87
ritalman

Send a message via MSN to ritalman
I wonder what went through Oka's head when she dropped the ball on the collection. Did she really think that it would make Urabe happy?
The resemblance is not exactly a safe excuse but Tsubaki didn't have a large choice of cards to play.

Oh well, at least we saw a new side of Urabe
ritalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 10:29   Link #88
Ultenth

I think Oka goes out of her way to poke at Urabe, it's like she's an experiment for her. She knows Urabe is a bit off, and she likes trying to do things that make her kinda wig out to see the results.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 10:40   Link #89
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

That's why i think Ueno and (especially) Oka are already an important and vital part of the story since they somewhat act as a catalyst for Urabe's and Tsubaki's relationship's progressions. In the end both couples benefit from each other since they can reflect on the others relationship to make the own better. Though that said I as well am not really interested in Ueno/Oka - focused chapters
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 11:19   Link #90
ritalman

Experiment on others to better your own situation heh? As long as it's done in a friendly manner as here, it's ok. Though I'm not totally sold that Oka did it on purpose to trigger jealousy and see what would happen. She seemed really glad for Urabe that Tsubaki bought that. Of course, I may be mistaken as Oka is indeed usually teasing.

It wouldn't really be in-character for Ueno, who seems to be genuinly satisfied with Oka, but I wonder what she would have thought if Ueno bought this collection. After all, he seems quite a fan of the Idol. Another girl's photo book and one that looks like her friend => Double-offense => Bra-Compass strike.
Old 2008-09-09, 12:35   Link #91
Ultenth

I'm curious as to exactly why they are keeping it secret they are together at this point. Just out of habit, or is there an actual reason why one or both of them don't want to have more people know. Probably the main reason is because it creates more drama situations for the mangaka, but I'd be curious if there actually is a story reason for it.
Old 2008-09-09, 12:40   Link #92
ritalman

Maybe they don't want to let people know about their drool dependance relation. Not that they HAVE to talk about it but if the classmates know about them being together it could bring some unwanted attention.
Old 2008-09-09, 17:27   Link #93
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
The manga-ka's previous series Yume Tsukai is weirder like the pregant girl's arc...
Anyways he's previous was turned into an anime
I took a look at a few episodes of the Yume Tsukai anime but although I like the premise (which is not unlike Paprika, with dreams intruding into reality and the protaganists being able to enter people's dreams) the episodes themselves come across as formulaic magical girl stuff which made me cringe somewhat.

So I was wondering, assuming a lot has been lost in the transition to anime, has anyone translated any of the Yume Tsukai manga?

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 18:57   Link #94
ZODDGUTS

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=3444

Only 3 volumes scanlated. The anime lost some of the weirder feel to the manga had not sure I'll change your opinion though.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 19:08   Link #95
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultenth View Post
I'm curious as to exactly why they are keeping it secret they are together at this point. Just out of habit, or is there an actual reason why one or both of them don't want to have more people know. Probably the main reason is because it creates more drama situations for the mangaka, but I'd be curious if there actually is a story reason for it.
It's not that they try to keep it a secret. Like in a real 'good' starting relationship everyone else is irrelevant, all that matters is the couple itself. Now if people would ask them if they are together they probably wouldn't deny (see Ueno and Oka) but they don't have to shout it out at the world either because there's no reason to. Anyway i got to admit i thought the same thing while reading chapter 23 and 24 so maybe it will become a topic in one of the future chapters (maybe even with the same solution as the one i posted in the begining of my post )
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 19:34   Link #96
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
It's not that they try to keep it a secret. Like in a real 'good' starting relationship everyone else is irrelevant, all that matters is the couple itself. Now if people would ask them if they are together they probably wouldn't deny (see Ueno and Oka) but they don't have to shout it out at the world either because there's no reason to. Anyway i got to admit i thought the same thing while reading chapter 23 and 24 so maybe it will become a topic in one of the future chapters (maybe even with the same solution as the one i posted in the begining of my post )
well now that you say this. There is always the little thing the author puts at the last page as kind of a forshadowing. This chapter it said.

Spoiler for just in case:

Maybe like the guys buying the pics. But, if that is not saying something is coming then I don't know what.

Next thing is to figure out is where it's heading.

Spoiler for speculation:
Old 2008-09-09, 19:51   Link #97
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Spoiler for speculation:
I don't think Urabe's the kind of person to get infatuated over anyone other than Tsubaki. On the other hand, there IS Matsuzawa, that girl from the Film club. Tsubaki did say that he felt something with her that he never felt with Urabe. That could really up the ante if Matsuzawa wants to get more persistent.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 20:30   Link #98
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I don't think Urabe's the kind of person to get infatuated over anyone other than Tsubaki. On the other hand, there IS Matsuzawa, that girl from the Film club. Tsubaki did say that he felt something with her that he never felt with Urabe. That could really up the ante if Matsuzawa wants to get more persistent.
Both true points.

But what's to stop another guy from getting infatuated with with Urabe.
Old 2008-09-09, 20:34   Link #99
Ultenth

Yeah, I have a feeling that's where we are headed. One or several guys tries to make a move on her, and Tsubaki tries to stop things before they get to panty-scissors level (also cus he doesn't want anyone else to see that but him). I have a feeling she wouldn't react much to other guys, other than maybe "testing" them like she did with that one guy, but I'm sure even that would be hard to handle for Tsubaki since thier relationship is a lot further along than when she did that previously.
Old 2008-09-09, 22:11   Link #100
ellifeedn
Thinker

An idea popped into my head: What if Urabe was so mad at Tsubaki that she would only see him once a week just to give him a dose and then walk away without saying a word? That would create a tense scene and push the limits of Tsubaki's endurance (since he lasted about a week in the first chapter). Not saying that I want it to happen, but it would make me feverishly want the next chapter.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen