AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-18, 08:50   Link #301
tsunade666

Then I will try to find the live action. I just got traumatized with dragon ball plus the live action idea for me is not something I actually liked. Specially on series I loved. It's just so darn bad that its good... which is maybe the truth to it. But the only live action I tried is dragon ball and negima but all just first episode and 2nd episode trial of it.

Based on the picture given on the live action. Makoto, Rei and Minako really looks great. Though I can't say for Ami and Usagi.
Old 2012-07-18, 10:59   Link #302
maximilianjenus
[E]

japanese live action adaptations of anime/manga are not bad at all, the thing you have to adjust to are your expectations on how the characters will look, i.e. they will look like the average japanese person unless the contrary has been stated, also some tend to aim for an older and more femalei-ish audience, so the fanservice changes from hot anime chicks to hot asian/model guys, thankfully the japanese estandars for hotness differ from us enough to make it easy to ignore.
Old 2012-07-18, 11:10   Link #303
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

If you've seen any Super Sentai or Kamen Rider then that's the production values to expect.

Animesuki torrent link
Old 2012-07-18, 11:24   Link #304
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Well, that very last part is somewhat normal, actually. There's a saying that girls marry their dads (i.e. a girl will find someone as much like her father as possible because she loves her father).
The level Chibiusa takes it to really is *not* normal.

I'm a daddy's girl myself but I didn't go around clinging to my father's arm and professing to complete strangers "I'm his GIRLFRIEND!"

Ew....I just want to bitchslap that little brat.
Old 2012-07-18, 11:31   Link #305
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

In some fairness, he isn't exactly her father....yet.

Time travel is like that sometimes.

Chibiusa seems to think of her parents as different people in the two timelines. There are her parents in the future, and then there are those other people who look like her parents in the past. She does not treat them like parents at all.

That and she's I guess 6 or so in the first arc and 10 in the second.
Old 2012-07-18, 11:47   Link #306
Bern-san

In the manga if I'm not mistaken she's physically 5 years old but she is in fact 900 years old.

But yes, it is as you said. She doesn't think of them as their parents (she treats her mother from the future with a lot of respect!). And about Mamoru it isn't a serious crush imo. Chibiusa x Helios
Old 2012-07-18, 12:35   Link #307
Chiibi

But my point is they are still both older than her and they are always protecting her so she SHOULD treat them with respect, no matter the time period. Usagi might be a crybaby but she's still constantly saving her ass when Chibiusa gets in trouble.

There are a lot of children in anime who are perfectly polite and respectable characters so "being a kid" isn't a good excuse.

I wish Naoko had just cut the brat out of the series entirely and an older Chibi Chibi could have filled her role. ;_; CHIBI CHIBI IS SO CUTE...and she is a better character in pretty much every single way.

Last edited by Chiibi; 2012-07-18 at 12:57.
Old 2012-07-18, 13:27   Link #308
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Well to be fair its with Usagi that she clashes and is disrespectful, with the rest she behaves adequately. I didn't hate or had much problems with Chibiusa, they probably wanted create a relationship between Chibiusa and Usagi similar to the one of Rei with Usagi, in other words one with humor where the more they fight the closer they actually are. But with that said i can't say that i was a fan of it either, and personally i preferred more the relation between Usagi and Chibi Chibi.
Old 2012-07-18, 13:31   Link #309
Chiibi

Exactly! We already have the Usagi/Rei dog-monkey relationship....so why do the same thing over again?

I actually do like Usagi/Rei's friendship...it's rather cute. XD
Old 2012-07-18, 13:32   Link #310
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

^Yeah i'm rather fond of the anime Rei-Usagi relationship myself.
Old 2012-07-18, 16:57   Link #311
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
The level Chibiusa takes it to really is *not* normal.

I'm a daddy's girl myself but I didn't go around clinging to my father's arm and professing to complete strangers "I'm his GIRLFRIEND!"

Ew....I just want to bitchslap that little brat.
Fair enough. I do find her annoying, as well, to be perfectly honest.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2012-07-19, 05:08   Link #312
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

I have no idea who rated me negatively but i do want to say this to the person: first you should have checked/verified and questioned what i actually said not jump to conclusions... The word relationship isn't only restricted to romance, but it has various implications, there's friendship relationship, there's also business relationship, a rivalry relationship etc. I meant in my previous post Rei and Usagi's friendship relationship, it had nothing to do with yuri.
Old 2012-07-19, 10:34   Link #313
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post
I have no idea who rated me negatively but i do want to say this to the person: first you should have checked/verified and questioned what i actually said not jump to conclusions... The word relationship isn't only restricted to romance, but it has various implications, there's friendship relationship, there's also business relationship, a rivalry relationship etc. I meant in my previous post Rei and Usagi's friendship relationship, it had nothing to do with yuri.

THIS.

I got the same thing as well. Usagi only loves Mamoru...that much is obvious. And in the anime, Rei is boy-crazy. She doesn't seem to care about them in the manga...though Naoko did draw her with one of the four knights (the knights who used to be Endymion's knights but were turned evil by Beryl)

The only yuri pair in Sailormoon is MichiruxHaruka. And I think it is an awesome one. One is boyish and one is a girly but they don't try to dominate one another but treat each other as equals. More yuri pairs should follow their example!
Old 2012-07-19, 10:53   Link #314
maximilianjenus
[E]

Also, the friendship between chibiusa and hotaru is a precursor of the current "yuri subtext", like nanoha (let's ignore strikerS for this).

anyway, this makes me wonder what will teh spoilers politics be on this one. How does it usually work with remakes ?
Old 2012-07-19, 11:27   Link #315
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
Also, the friendship between chibiusa and hotaru is a precursor of the current "yuri subtext", like nanoha (let's ignore strikerS for this).

anyway, this makes me wonder what will teh spoilers politics be on this one. How does it usually work with remakes ?
I believe you should treat the original show as the source material and as such standard rules apply.
Old 2012-07-19, 15:42   Link #316
VampirePaladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
THIS.

I got the same thing as well. Usagi only loves Mamoru...that much is obvious. And in the anime, Rei is boy-crazy. She doesn't seem to care about them in the manga...though Naoko did draw her with one of the four knights (the knights who used to be Endymion's knights but were turned evil by Beryl)

The only yuri pair in Sailormoon is MichiruxHaruka. And I think it is an awesome one. One is boyish and one is a girly but they don't try to dominate one another but treat each other as equals. More yuri pairs should follow their example!
Mr. Ikuhara (Revolutionary Girl Utena) took over as series director during Sailor Moon R. He did not like Mamoru. If you notice after R is over Mamoru's role more becomes being an accessory to Usagi and less as a fully fleshed out character. He wanted Usagi to get together with Rei. So while Usagi/Mamoru is canon interpreting Usagi/Rei from the anime is not unreasonable.
Old 2012-07-19, 15:50   Link #317
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I believe you should treat the original show as the source material and as such standard rules apply.
Shouldn't the Sailor Moon manga be considered the source material?

IIRC, the aim with this anime is to have it reflect the manga more than it does the original anime. So it makes more sense to me for the Sailor Moon manga to count as the source material, and not the original anime.
Old 2012-07-19, 16:47   Link #318
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
IIRC, the aim with this anime is to have it reflect the manga more than it does the original anime. So it makes more sense to me for the Sailor Moon manga to count as the source material, and not the original anime.
That's right. This means
Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-07-19 at 18:30.
Old 2012-07-19, 16:54   Link #319
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
IIRC, the aim with this anime is to have it reflect the manga more than it does the original anime.
No one on the production has actually said that.
Old 2012-07-19, 16:56   Link #320
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Shouldn't the Sailor Moon manga be considered the source material?

Of course, the manga is the source material and I never claimed otherwise but you should treat the previous anime the same way to avoid running afoul of the spoiler policy. It's a subtle distinction. But that's just my take anyway.

Tags
remake, shoujo