AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-03, 20:50   Link #541
LeoXiao
思想工作

Spoiler for My reaction to the Type 62 being moved up to T7, given a tiny buff, and made almost as big as the 59::
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 00:45   Link #542
willx
Nyaaan~~

Hm, so having played a few rounds on the Tiger P with the long 88 ..

For some reason I'm not feeling it. I feel like a Churchill with a weaker turret (comparatively) .. might spend some time with the Tiger as well to see which one suits me more..

Reply hazy, ask again later
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 13:16   Link #543
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
I heard the new autoloading American tanks are pretty bad, but if anyone wants to platoon up with tier 7/8s when the new patch comes out, I'd definitely be looking to play. Hopefully by then my mountains of research papers will be over with >_<;;;
They're bad for people who think they play exactly like the French tanks. People forget that the American autoloader tanks are AMERICAN tanks, and should thus be played as such. Taking advantage of the somewhat better hull armor and better gun depression should be paramount in using these things. Some of my better games in the test server came from using the T54E1 and the T57.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 13:17   Link #544
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Wait. US tank has autoloader now?
Old 2012-12-04, 13:22   Link #545
Sumeragi
Banned

It will, in 8.2.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 14:44   Link #546
Blaat

I really need to start remembering to watch out for the French Tier V light tank ELC AMX, it's only a light tank but it has the gun of a TD. (luckily French tanks are rare )
Old 2012-12-04, 14:51   Link #547
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

French? Tank? Should both words belong in the same sentence?

Low blow... I know... I know...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 14:55   Link #548
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I really need to start remembering to watch out for the French Tier V light tank ELC AMX, it's only a light tank but it has the gun of a TD. (luckily French tanks are rare )
The light french tanks all have super heavy guns. I remember sitting on that "no man's land" map sniping with my Tiger P, and this tiny french light moves right beside me .. and it had a bigger gun than I did! It was hilarious looking!

So with a few more games under my belt and some time to think about it randomly, I'm pretty disappointed with my Tiger P. Thoughts:

1) The most effective way appears to be playing like Tak does on the Tiger H as a sniper in the second line .. and it works decently well, but hits for ~200 dmg sporadically when it takes you as long as it does to get into position with the weaker engine isn't great.

2) Moving closer to the front puts me against tanks of the same tier which I have about the same % chance to bounce vs. them as they do against me, with a slight advantage on my part. The problem is they deal +50-80% damage than me per shot that penetrates.

So I'm building up XP to give the Tiger H a shot thinking maybe the repositioning and speed may be worth the decrease in front armor. We'll see..

Reply hazy, ask again later
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 15:19   Link #549
Sumeragi
Banned

Kameraden! We must uptake the challenge that is set before us! We must topple that "Hero of the Soviet Union" Zhukov and show the superiority of our maidens! Unite under the banner of the Iron Cross of MuP!
Old 2012-12-04, 15:45   Link #550
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Kameraden! We must uptake the challenge that is set before us! We must topple that "Hero of the Soviet Union" Zhukov and show the superiority of our maidens! Unite under the banner of the Iron Cross of MuP!
Looks like a terrific way to gain xp as well. But wow, lame schedule. Monday, 6pm? Really? Damn developers obviously did not take into account of the fact that people might be working...

Yeah, I clicked on participate, only to find out the schedules suck!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-12-04, 15:48   Link #551
Sumeragi
Banned

We'll probably have reserves and such.
Old 2012-12-04, 16:33   Link #552
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
They're bad for people who think they play exactly like the French tanks. People forget that the American autoloader tanks are AMERICAN tanks, and should thus be played as such. Taking advantage of the somewhat better hull armor and better gun depression should be paramount in using these things. Some of my better games in the test server came from using the T54E1 and the T57.
From the numbers they have the same gun depression, and American tanks have never really relied on hull armor. My main worry is that they have a 2 sec reload time between shots but their aim time is closer to 2.5 or 3, making that short reload time useless. An AMX-50 100 will do everything better than a T69 can because a T69 can't utilize its faster firing speed due to the terrible aim time, while the AMX 50 100 has better speed, better penetration, better acceleration, more burst, and more alpha, is what it seems like.

That being said, my computer doesn't work with the launcher so I can't get on the test server, I'll have to see them for myself when the patch really comes out.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 17:04   Link #553
Gravitas Free Zone

I've seen some crazy things out of other people's ELC AMXes.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 17:26   Link #554
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Looks like a terrific way to gain xp as well. But wow, lame schedule. Monday, 6pm? Really? Damn developers obviously did not take into account of the fact that people might be working...

Yeah, I clicked on participate, only to find out the schedules suck!

- Tak
I can probably participate. I've got a T3 arty (Wespe) that should be near 100% by next Monday.

If we can use non-MuP members, I have a T-50 on my other account that's elite and at 80% on the first skill. I can practice with it until then.
I'd say the other four should all get t5 mediums and TDs.

EDIT: It's going to be Siegfried Line. I think the best strategy for this one would be to occupy a part of the city to negate any arty the enemy has while the T-50 scouts far field. We should find a time to get everyone online so we can do some rounds in the training server.
Old 2012-12-04, 17:35   Link #555
Tak

Oh, you people and your vacationing schedules~!

I HATE YOU ALL!!

Damn you real life, damn you!

Edit: Oh wait, I just noticed you do not need to bring a total of 15 tanks into battle, but the entire system is determined by points!! Woot! Well... MAIDENS... I think we have liftoff!

Going to post this in the clan board!

- Tak

Old 2012-12-04, 17:57   Link #556
LeoXiao
思想工作

Uh...Tak? It says here...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargaming
Teams may deploy no more than 5 members in each match. A team must field a selection of tanks based on the below tier limits. Teams are also limited to a maximum total of 24 tier points.
Oh wait that's what you just realized.
Old 2012-12-04, 17:59   Link #557
Tak

I am going to check my schedules and see if I can squeeze an entry. Problem is, I don't want to leave my team hanging if in case I couldn't make it on time

- Tak

Old 2012-12-04, 18:04   Link #558
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I am going to check my schedules and see if I can squeeze an entry. Problem is, I don't want to leave my team hanging if in case I couldn't make it on time

- Tak
We'll just have to make backup plans. We have all of 11 members to make this work.
And we will have to practice the **** out of this!

Is it 6PM West Coast time?

EDIT: I just had a terrible idea: We could replicate the anime's OrBat with one stock PzIV, two Pz38(t)s (to replace the not-yet-ingame Japanese tank), an M3 Lee, and a StuG. I believe it would come to all of 20 tier points.
Old 2012-12-04, 18:10   Link #559
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Is it 6PM West Coast time?
Yes. If I was in East Coast, I could definitely make it at 9pm...

- Tak

Old 2012-12-04, 18:13   Link #560
Sumeragi
Banned

I'm considering getting the JgPzIV for this. I already got the spare exp to research everything except the JgPanther, which I have no intention of getting.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks