AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2006-03-28, 10:07   Link #1121
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigious
How many people do you think were consumed by that black hole of existence? Has everyone forgotten that it's a damn city? As in... LOTS OF PEOPLE IN THE STREETS!
I mean nobody IMPORTANT.

I don't care about characters that are just "city people", geeze.
Old 2006-03-28, 11:17   Link #1122
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Just can't contain my excietement.... can't contain my sobbing .

An outstanding pace to gently wrap things up for the ending.

I now understand IMO why the staff chose not to kill the Ball Masque, or at least save them maybe for the upcoming movie.

They kept the matches under a small, alloted time on screen to flesh out properly the climatic scenes regarding Yuuji's resolution toward Hecate and both Shana's and Yuuji's tender, holding hands before summoning Tenpa Jyousai.

Had they killed all of the Ball Masque within that short amount of time, we wouldn't appreciate a full-fledged climax, for the pace will had become inevitably rushed and their possible death scenes would had seemed lame.

Anyways, the two scenes that made me on the verge of cry were witnessing attempting to cut down through Hecate's shield over and over while Yuuji made his decision to defect from Hecate in order to keep his memories of Shana, and the other when Shana and Yuuji hold hands then summoned Alastor to the physical world.

I feel slightly bad for Hecate that being empty from the start drove her to insanity and snapped into despair, however, Shudonais' words that she is who she is made a sort of effect on her, then she hugged him like clinging on him for support or safety.
I will also give a positive view for that scene.

I was attracted to Shakugan no Shana because of the name found it appealing without having knowledge what the story stored for me. This was at the start of the fall season, way back to October.

The introductory chaos of episode one immediately hooked me in.

For the character designs I like the moe style for Shana and Kazumi, particularly the color and bright tone for the eyes of the female characters.

In addition, the romantic story for Shana x Yuuji x Kazumi was given enough time to flesh their personalities and grow them up to play their respective roles.
Shana started as a delightful, loli-moe, bratty, spunky girl that followed her Flame Haze duties with verbatim devotion and formal responsibilities.
Kazumi began as a shy, cute, moe, composed girl that barely could chat with Yuuji without feeling embarrased of herself to disclose her feelings.
Yuuji at first was the nice boy who wants to contribute in anything to make others feel better or help in need of people.

They went and traversed through much sentimental and emotional pain, discovering or being told of things that were out of their reach, their comprehension, or strange feelings that were filling them. However, at the end the three characters grew enough to learn about their mistakes, about their feelings toward who is their most precious ones, and for themselves.

Kudos for the soundtrack that heightened the tone and mood of the angst, joy, utter embarrasment, action, and the drama portrayed in every scene for each of the twenty four episodes.

In my opinion, it was an added touch that they inserted the first opening theme, Hishoku Sora, for the credit and epilogue sequence. What I most enjoy in anime is featuring an epilogue that show us what becomes of the characters at the end of the story, and I could be no more grateful than to see Shana and Yuuji resuming their school activities together with the rest of their acquainted classmates.

The last thing that piqued my curiosity was that at school Kazumi addressed Shana for her real name, not by Hirai Yukari's.

Anyways, Shakugan no Shana was awesome and beautifully dramatized from the novels. I will be looking forward to the movie.
Actually making the story to revolve around the Great War would be more intereting rather than Ball Masque .Sometimes I want believe that some explanations are really needed for the things we thought that they are plot-holes.The anime-plot for Shakugan no Shana was rushing so fast and no rooms was given for flash-backs and explanations.No rooms for character developments.Viallians are villian to the end of the series,which is not right.

May be that's one of the reason why people are longing for next seasons and movie.Actually animation in Shakugan no Shana is just ok[background arts was under satisfactory level] but the pace of the anime,background sound effect and character designs made it work. Kazumi was the lamest character that was developed , she used to come out from nowhere and keep on saying "we are rival" to shana and she's nothing compare to shana.That's made the viewers to feel annoying rather than made them think that they are really a rival.We have seen a real good job of character developments in some of the series like Naruto[b4 the fillers] and Seven Kingdom, what I think is that Shakugan no Shana is still improving in that factor.

Last edited by lavielove; 2006-03-28 at 11:27.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 12:21   Link #1123
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
Kazumi was the lamest character that was developed , she used to come out from nowhere and keep on saying "we are rival" to shana and she's nothing compare to shana.That's made the viewers to feel annoying rather than made them think that they are really a rival.We have seen a real good job of character developments in some of the series like Naruto[b4 the fillers] and Seven Kingdom, what I think is that Shakugan no Shana is still improving in that factor.
I disagree. I think Kazumi is a nice character Although I have been highly loli-enchanted by Hecate (Hecate ), I'd have Kazumi any time instead of Shana. Plus, she proved she can be a rival, although Yuji seems to have made up his mind anyway.
Old 2006-03-28, 12:25   Link #1124
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Although I have been highly loli-enchanted by Hecate (Hecate )
Quick, someone check if the apocaplose is coming. I found 2 things with npal to agree with
Old 2006-03-28, 12:30   Link #1125
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Although I have been highly loli-enchanted by Hecate (Hecate )
You are not the only Hecate fan here.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 12:33   Link #1126
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

:P Yes I could tell. And all the more since Yuji was so cold towards poor, loving, adorable, (hot), Hecate.

@Xellos what was the other thing? I know there was one recently.
Old 2006-03-28, 12:55   Link #1127
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
:P Yes I could tell. And all the more since Yuji was so cold towards poor, loving, adorable, (hot), Hecate.

@Xellos what was the other thing? I know there was one recently.
The ending to Canvas2.
Old 2006-03-28, 13:20   Link #1128
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 13:22   Link #1129
Paracelsus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
Spoiler:
As you surely know, only the enemies that in the end turn allies survive. At least, this happens quite often >.>
Paracelsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 13:25   Link #1130
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
Spoiler:
Its easy to understand that the anime isn't the end of the story, and that the novel shall carry on the story.
Old 2006-03-28, 13:28   Link #1131
lavielove

may be because the script-writer or author couldn't think of how to use them in the next volumes.You are bad enough to die or something like that.

they lived because they are not that bad enough.that's what I think lol
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 13:31   Link #1132
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
The ending to Canvas2.
Nah, I partially like Canvas2 ending, I just need to see the two last episodes before placing a verdict as to how justifiable this ending is. What I agreed was an OVA which continues the Sia-Kaede interaction

Back on topic, I hope the second season doesn't take too long to get broadcasted. I can't wait for a year or so. And I hope the movie gets out much sooner.
Old 2006-03-28, 14:03   Link #1133
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
may be because the script-writer or author couldn't think of how to use them in the next volumes.You are bad enough to die or something like that.

they lived because they are not that bad enough.that's what I think lol
Or the fact that they can be involved in a much bigger plot.. not that hard to think about it.
Old 2006-03-28, 16:38   Link #1134
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:

Back on topic, I hope the second season doesn't take too long to get broadcasted. I can't wait for a year or so. And I hope the movie gets out much sooner.
Well, it all depends...I do think though, that despite going crazy anticipating a possible second season and the impending movie, good things should not be rushed. Look at Gundam Seed Destiny. Almost nothing good came out from that for real anime fans.

@ Paracelsus: Your sig...hmm...
Spoiler:
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 22:22   Link #1135
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Was anyone else itching to see Khamsin fire an energy beam out of that tuner he carries around?
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 13:12   Link #1136
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

From Megami Magazine's May issue cover, a pretty pic of Shana in bathing suit.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 13:21   Link #1137
Crunchy_

Quote:
Do you happen to know if there is a poster of the cover inside it?
Crunchy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 13:48   Link #1138
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Nice wrap up no one dies i was shocked but over all i liked it nice set up for the movie i think by the way does anyone else think that Hecate was totally getting off when she on top of Yugi she lets out this moan that was like Whoa at least thats what i thought but she was adorable
Old 2006-03-29, 14:12   Link #1139
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Any Black Cat picture sin there, perchance?
Old 2006-03-31, 02:17   Link #1140
gogogoh
"GO GO GO"

Send a message via AIM to gogogoh
I just started and I love the ending song. It's one of the best so far. I hope one day I will be able to get it one way or the other.
gogogoh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, j.c. staff, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsundere