AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-08, 20:19   Link #261
chickdigger802

Still find it weird that Ryouko's fighting style doesn't seem to involve any boxing moves. Kinda wish her punches had Takamura's 'impact' =P

Love the hunting dogs =3

Would be cool if Ryoushi moved around more in combat mode to different spots. ie: Batman begins or that gang raid scene from ninja assassin =P
chickdigger802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 20:37   Link #262
chaos_animagic

The Narrator speaks...

Is because it's a "Fairy Tale" like story...
Meaning there's a need for a Story Teller... (thus the narrator)
But than again... they might reduce the narrator as the story moves... like how Hayate no Gotoku is, remembers the Santa Narrator in the first half of Hayate no Gotoku's season 1 anime...

The thing for Ryoushi's weapon of choice is...
He's used to only using a sling shot type weapon.
Give him a gun and he'll miss like crazy...
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 20:41   Link #263
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdigger802 View Post
Still find it weird that Ryouko's fighting style doesn't seem to involve any boxing moves. Kinda wish her punches had Takamura's 'impact' =P

Love the hunting dogs =3

Would be cool if Ryoushi moved around more in combat mode to different spots. ie: Batman begins or that gang raid scene from ninja assassin =P
he DID say he's a hunter. now if you spot your prey, all you have to do is load your gun (in this case, lets use bow and arrow/slingshot) and sit still so that your prey will not run away. same goes in the rule of sniping. he's not yet shown that he IS a sharpshooter, but a sniper that covers ryouko's back. also, he would be caught if he was always in that freakin spot all the time. once you fired a few shots you move so as to increase stealth. i want to see ryoshi do a headshot for once now. all he's targeting is the foot and the nape with his OMFGWTF accuracy
Old 2010-07-08, 21:02   Link #264
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

ep 2

meh it was ok thoguh cliche but ok
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 21:16   Link #265
D-Gold
Aurum

Our main lead suddenly decided to try and become epic and the Narrator was awsome as always.

Its a good thing Ryouko showed up or we would have some pointless fanservice on our hands
Old 2010-07-08, 22:18   Link #266
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
also, he would be caught if he was always in that freakin spot all the time. once you fired a few shots you move so as to increase stealth. i want to see ryoshi do a headshot for once now. all he's targeting is the foot and the nape with his OMFGWTF accuracy
First off for a sniper, the less mobility the more stable the shot is. Also he was in an enclosed environment where there wasn't alot of places to setup and move around.

Second of all I'm pretty sure he could have aimed for the head, specifically the eye, if he can shoot a moving pipe out of someone's hand. All his shots were to throw people off not to cause direct damage himself.

I'm absolutely amazed that he took a level up in badass . He actually went toe to toe with the guy. I guess it shows he does have some hand to hand experience.

Not as big a fan of the ED as the OP though.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 22:20   Link #267
kyouray
2D > 3D

Nothing special to report for this episode which's ok.
Technically episode 2 has nice animation as expected from Hiroshi Tomioka who was the animation director and the only key animator for this episode.
Plus he knows how to draw hair with attention

However I've always difficulties to bear the narrator.
Old 2010-07-08, 22:37   Link #268
chinaboat

I really thought this might be a smart-ish, parody show but it seems to be disintegrating into just another action anime with plucky teenagers. I'll stick for one more episode.
chinaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 22:54   Link #269
Gibber

Hm, I liked it especially the part when Ryoushi actually started to do something. But then they played the OP...

Yeah. Woulda been better if he actually got a better weapon though.
Gibber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 22:58   Link #270
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Get rid of the Kuroko narration and you have a modestly entertaining show. As is, every time she speaks the show becomes unwatchable for me. That voice! ugh.

I did like seeing some flashes of valor from Ryoushi. There are even modest signs of chemistry between he and Ryouko. But that voice...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 23:00   Link #271
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
First off for a sniper, the less mobility the more stable the shot is. Also he was in an enclosed environment where there wasn't alot of places to setup and move around.

Second of all I'm pretty sure he could have aimed for the head, specifically the eye, if he can shoot a moving pipe out of someone's hand. All his shots were to throw people off not to cause direct damage himself.

I'm absolutely amazed that he took a level up in badass . He actually went toe to toe with the guy. I guess it shows he does have some hand to hand experience.

nono... i mean he has to MOVE from that position... he almost got tracked if not for that guy with the taser....
Old 2010-07-08, 23:08   Link #272
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
nono... i mean he has to MOVE from that position... he almost got tracked if not for that guy with the taser....
You're right that he probably should have moved but my guess is that he most likely didn't see the guy at the foot of the ladder due to the viewing angle and he was probably paying attention to the fight.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 23:33   Link #273
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Good episode, though first was better I thought too. Also glad to him showing some progress already, and sniping scene was pretty awesome. I think I'll keep watching show, and I thought the narrator was amusing again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
I agree I thought the OP was great, while the ED was just decent.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 23:37   Link #274
Xacual

I think without the narrator I'd find the series a lot less interesting. I'm happy Ryoushi has finally shown off his skills and truly earned his place among the gang.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 00:51   Link #275
Dahak86
Classics never age

and so, I saw ep2

Spoiler for ep2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Get rid of the Kuroko narration and you have a modestly entertaining show. As is, every time she speaks the show becomes unwatchable for me. That voice! ugh.
poor Kuroko... she just needs some love. Her Onee-sama isn't very generous on that front...

By the way, I might actually have found out how kuroko ended up as narrator in this show: It was all a devious plan made up by her Onee-sama in order to get rid of her, and her antics.
Look, it could have gone as follows:

Spoiler for it's too looong:

Last edited by Dahak86; 2010-07-09 at 01:41. Reason: gifs added
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 03:07   Link #276
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I think without the narrator I'd find the series a lot less interesting.
Same. I found the latest episode not to be as interesting partly because there wasn't as much quirky remarks to be had.

The other part was because we can already predict the whole hunter/wolf thing from last episode, so the subversion of fairy tales this episode had less impact.

Hopefully next episode we hear more narration and see a new fairy tale subverted.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 03:33   Link #277
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Take away Satomi narration, and you'd have one less viewer . Without her the show would be pretty bland and boring imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Hopefully next episode we hear more narration and see a new fairy tale subverted.
Agreed. The main attraction i have for this show are the Fairy Tale homages, so i hope that's just not a first episode trick.
Old 2010-07-09, 04:19   Link #278
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibber View Post
Hm, I liked it especially the part when Ryoushi actually started to do something. But then they played the OP...

Yeah. Woulda been better if he actually got a better weapon though.

Airguns with metal ball bearings, pls! Then headshots!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Take away Satomi narration, and you'd have one less viewer . Without her the show would be pretty bland and boring imo.

Yeah, I like it when she makes fun of the cast.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 05:12   Link #279
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Airguns with metal ball bearings, pls! Then headshots!!

airguns PENETRATE and can kill. a slingshot only hurts BIG TIME. unless he uses a crossbow with blunt arrows. he CAN if he wants to.
Old 2010-07-09, 05:23   Link #280
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Personally I don't really think episode 2 was as much an obvious subversion of a fairy tale as episode 1 was. As I mentioned in my blog, it felt more like a re-imagining or maybe a reinterpretation of of the Boy Who Cried wolf since it wasn't used as a plot point but as a point for character development.

Which was a very good idea in theory, but the whole reworking of the Boy Who Cried Wolf rather than subverting it or working it into Ookami felt a bit flat. The motif wasn't used as well as episode 1 did IMHO.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen