AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-03-02, 10:17   Link #1
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

To Heart 2 ~Another Days~

So who else was lucky to snatch this highly anticipated sequel to Leaf's last game? I got this from a good friend who managed to get it early (don't ask how; he won't tell me either).

Already quite an entertaining game, and actually very easy and straightforward (as in I was able to get everything, CG's, Memories, and Seiyuu's interviews, in just a few hours). And I've already got favorites. I'll start with my #1 favorite, Silfa.
(note since I'm not so adept at Japanese much of the stories I put are based on speculation)

Spoiler:

And this is my second favorite, Yochi.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Sailor Enlil; 2008-03-02 at 11:42.
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 10:34   Link #2
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

I shall be procuring a copy of the game myself in a few days time when the more hardcore members of the "internets" have cleared the game and posted their walkthroughs everywhere.

When I first saw the first few seconds of the OP, it looked exactly the same as the original TH2 game that I thought whether I was watching the wrong video, then instead of Yuma riding down the hill on her bike, we get Ikuno riding down on her wheelchair, I thought "OK, this looks entertaining".

I think Konomi and Tama-nee are the only two girls carried over from the original TH2 story that are still playable characters.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 10:51   Link #3
ID of Fei

Send a message via MSN to ID of Fei
I was also fortunate enough to procure a copy of this game and spent a happy few hours playing it to completion.

My favourite routes were the Konomi/Tamaki route and the Haruka (Konomi's mother) route.
ID of Fei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 11:14   Link #4
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

I actually concur with the Konomi/Tamaki path as well. Good story, considering it actually continues from where the original TH2 game left off from Konomi's "good" ending (where Takaaki considers her a friend than a girl, and then Tamaki shows up and decides to share him with Konomi).

I'll also put up my "not so favorite" girls, starting with Milfa

Spoiler:

Last edited by Sailor Enlil; 2008-03-02 at 11:46.
Old 2008-03-02, 11:19   Link #5
ID of Fei

Send a message via MSN to ID of Fei
As for my 'not so favourite girls' I concur with Milfa and i also offer up Charu... their routes/stories were somewhat annoying...

Another route I liked however was Maaryan's route. In terms of randomness, Maaryan is up there with Ichigo Mashimaro's Miu and i thought that her antics were funny.
ID of Fei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 06:10   Link #6
landau

It is impressive to see that TH2AD has already been sold out in paletweb.
Got my copy 3 days after release.

Actually I am a little bit disappointed about the story, at least not as good as TH2 Xrate.
landau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 15:19   Link #7
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

I actually really liked Milfa's Route but my favorite was the Konomi/Tamaki route as the H-scene was top notch.
Old 2008-03-07, 22:33   Link #8
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Okay, using a technique to let AGTH translate the text (sure took some work but I got it), I have some idea of Silfa's story.

Spoiler:

Also on Milfa
Spoiler:

Also tried it on Yochi's route
Spoiler:

Okay this isn't specific to any girl, but I snagged this screenshot during Yochi's path (a scene at the burger stand)
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sailor Enlil; 2008-03-08 at 12:14.
Old 2008-03-09, 13:13   Link #9
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Studying the walkthrough yields these info:

To all those who worry why such a loli like Nanako is a playable-character in a game designated as R-18, fear not, for she has NO H-scenes whatsoever. (Sorry to dash all your lolicon hopes, folks. )

Haruka actually has her own ending. I thought so near the beginning when Takaaki dreamt about her alone with him in a classroom. Now why can't Key take a Leaf (pun intended) from their rival and have a bonus Akiko-san or Sanae-san ending?

Oh, and I hate to disappoint all you MILF-lovers, but Haruka too has no H-scenes.

Anyway, I've barely just started. Such an excruciatingly long prologue, into the third day of the story and still no end in sight to the branching off.

I think I'll start off with Harumi, mainly because the moment she enters and she is already getting on my nerves. At least Maryan-sempai knows what she's doing with her antics and definitely knows when to stop, but Harumi has absolutely no idea how annoying she is. I'll just have to see if she's still annoying as I progress.

Though an interesting line popped up during one of her scenes, when Takaaki asked the teacher to help bail him out from Harumi's antics, he merely responded:

Quote:
Aliens, espers and time travellers are your responsibility. The whole class knows that.
Which is true, since he's taken care of Ruuko, but that's not the point. The point is the writers have jumped in the bandwagon to have a dig at Haruhi-ism. Though Leaf certainly isn't the first to do that, that honour goes to Navel's Shuffle spin-off Really? Really!
Old 2008-03-09, 14:00   Link #10
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Though Leaf certainly isn't the first to do that, that honour goes to Navel's Shuffle spin-off Really? Really!

I played that and I didn't notice any overt references to it. I'll ask Nomake Wan tonight when he gets back on MSN, since he's currently playing the game.

Last edited by HashiriyaR32; 2008-03-09 at 15:56.
HashiriyaR32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 23:30   Link #11
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Hmm,

Alien: Ruuko Kireinasora, check
Esper: Kotone Himekawa (if she can make a cameo from TH1 just like Multi and Serio did), check
Time Traveller: Yuki Kusakabe (if I'm not mistaken, she went on a time-jump to save Takaaki's life), check

Although, what does Harumi have to do with it since
Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-10, 10:49   Link #12
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
Though Leaf certainly isn't the first to do that, that honour goes to Navel's Shuffle spin-off Really? Really!

I played that and I didn't notice any overt references to it. I'll ask Nomake Wan tonight when he gets back on MSN, since he's currently playing the game.
Might as well tell you. Early on in that game after Rin and friends entered Kaede's mind and came across a very young version of Kaede's mom, when asking her how old she is, she replies

禁則事故です That's classified information.
Old 2008-03-10, 13:42   Link #13
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Damnit! How did I miss that!?!?

I think it's because I finished the game back in the beginning of July 2007.

EDIT: Okay, now I REALLY know why I didn't catch it. That was BEFORE I started watching Haruhi.

Last edited by HashiriyaR32; 2008-03-10 at 16:57.
HashiriyaR32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 09:50   Link #14
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Ok, this caught my attention. First, anybody here know Maryan's full name? Because apparently this blogger (in his review of TH2:AD) claims to have identified it - calling her Asagiri Maako (in Japanese naming convention aka Lastname-Firstname)

http://moroboshiyuumei.livejournal.c...ro-game+review
Old 2008-06-24, 11:22   Link #15
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil View Post
Ok, this caught my attention. First, anybody here know Maryan's full name? Because apparently this blogger (in his review of TH2:AD) claims to have identified it - calling her Asagiri Maako (in Japanese naming convention aka Lastname-Firstname)

http://moroboshiyuumei.livejournal.c...ro-game+review
That is indeed her full name. It's even mentioned in the game, have you not played her route yet?

Speaking of which, I need to take a day off in order to finish this game, progress is at snail's pace since I "have a life".

This just feels longer than the original TH2 game, and is it me or do eroges these days have epic lengthy ecchi scenes now? Compared to in the past when it's just a few sentences, 1 CG image and no voices. Now you get 20 paragraphs which take an hour to read, 50 "juicy" CG images and voices to make you suffer from blood lost via the nose. (Not that I'm complaining. But it'd be helpful if I could be given an option to skip those scenes altogether occasionally if I'm in a hurry. )
Old 2008-06-24, 15:59   Link #16
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
That is indeed her full name. It's even mentioned in the game, have you not played her route yet?

Speaking of which, I need to take a day off in order to finish this game, progress is at snail's pace since I "have a life".

This just feels longer than the original TH2 game, and is it me or do eroges these days have epic lengthy ecchi scenes now? Compared to in the past when it's just a few sentences, 1 CG image and no voices. Now you get 20 paragraphs which take an hour to read, 50 "juicy" CG images and voices to make you suffer from blood lost via the nose. (Not that I'm complaining. But it'd be helpful if I could be given an option to skip those scenes altogether occasionally if I'm in a hurry. )
Well if it was mentioned, I didn't encounter it, or perhaps I didn't discern it.
Old 2008-06-25, 07:33   Link #17
sora12

is this thing has an english patch?
sora12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 09:05   Link #18
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Please, that's enough translation requests from you. Stop asking.
Old 2008-06-26, 08:31   Link #19
sora12

hmm. actually i just want to know if this game has an english translation patch, if it is yes, ill try to play the game if it has not then ill find another one. thats what i intend, and i dont request translation projects to start with or whatever but i just want to know if there is any for a sake of information.
sora12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 09:17   Link #20
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

There's no patch in the works for this game...............yet. However, someone is translating the original 18+ version of TH2. You can find more info HERE

Tags
bishoujo, ero-game, eroge, leaf, pc game, romance, school life, visual novel