AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-04-21, 08:25   Link #41
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I doubt it seeing how serious he was and how he showed raw emotions over it.

I think Rolo is just as much used by Britannia as someone like Suzaku is and is torn over it in his inner self.

I have a feeling that Rolo is not only assigned to be a false brother, but thinks of himself as such, or at least wants to think that. It's like a reverse Stockholm Syndome. Even if he's deceiving (or was) Lelouch, he has come to genuinely like him as a brother.
That's a good take on it, SuperKnuckles. That would make a lot of sense to me. Well, he's been in a close brotherly relationship with Lelouch for a year now - most people would be emotionally impacted by that, I think.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 08:28   Link #42
KrimzonStriker

Hope he isn't as much of an idiot like Suzaku and joins the Rebellion soon >_>
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 09:18   Link #43
scifijimmy

Agree totally on Rollo must not hav much of a family other thsn "Lelouch." Wonders how large his Geass has as an effective range, and the KMF's can not independently perceive time because they are mechanical, or eletrical- mechanical.
scifijimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 09:24   Link #44
KrimzonStriker

Wouldn't a KMF with all it's gadgets at least have an internal clock?

I don't know, maybe the things he can freeze depends on how hard he concentrates like with Mao, making it easier to just freeze people in the beginning and when he really needs to, like with the explosion, he can freeze other things too?
Old 2008-04-21, 09:35   Link #45
RedFrame
A talking white tiger :O
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to RedFrame
my wild theory is rolo is blood related with the emperor and lelouch because of their purple eye colour, also in the opening wasn't he was like in the frontline leading KMF in the air?

RedFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 10:52   Link #46
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Since there's a secret service involved I wonder what the "check" on Rolo is. It's very obvious that he could go rogue and completely destroy the group singled handedly. From the main meeting it even seems like the guy with the tall hat didn't consider Rolo as "one of them" until he actually showed up.

I do agree that Rolo seems to generally like being Lelou's brother even if they might be from implanted memories.
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 11:07   Link #47
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rena Ryuuguu View Post
spoiler for Image Rollo as child
Spoiler for image:
I believe Rollo's past should be revealed soon. He must have gone through tragic past. Next who is his contractor. V.V's likely.

I think Rollo could have met Lelouch when he was still a prince once. That explains why Lelouch didn't remember Rollo but he left a big impression in Rollo that he admires him, perhaps saved his life unknowingly. Lelouch may think it was nothing, but too Rollo, it's very important. If there is a photo in his locket, will the photo be him and prince Lelouch?

If Rollo had endured harsh life before his job in supervising Lelouch, over this one year, he would have softened. He like being his brother. Unfortunately things won't go his way. He knows one day he have to kill him when he regains his memory. But, this one year of interaction will certainly affect him, he will most certainly deflect and very likely he will sacrifice himself somewhere down the road for Lelouch's sake. Obviously, he will be happy. By then Lelouch will really accept him as his brother. Not a fake brother. Those memory of the one year is real even though Lelouch's memory was altered to make him believe that Rollo's his only brother. The one year event really happened, not implanted to them.

His geass will power-up or becomes permanent. I hope this will not be the end of Rollo if it happens.
I certainly hope he survives the series, living with Nunnally or even with Lelouch as a happy family. After going through so much, Rollo deserve to be loved.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 11:42   Link #48
Rena Ryuuguu
Hinamizawas Cleaver Girl

Send a message via MSN to Rena Ryuuguu
your theory is very sad. but i agree with it.
and I also hope that Rollo stays alive, he has really become one of my fav. character
Old 2008-04-21, 12:25   Link #49
Rollo Lamperouge
Lelouch's nise Otouto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
I believe Rollo's past should be revealed soon. He must have gone through tragic past. Next who is his contractor. V.V's likely.

I think Rollo could have met Lelouch when he was still a prince once. That explains why Lelouch didn't remember Rollo but he left a big impression in Rollo that he admires him, perhaps saved his life unknowingly. Lelouch may think it was nothing, but too Rollo, it's very important. If there is a photo in his locket, will the photo be him and prince Lelouch?

If Rollo had endured harsh life before his job in supervising Lelouch, over this one year, he would have softened. He like being his brother. Unfortunately things won't go his way. He knows one day he have to kill him when he regains his memory. But, this one year of interaction will certainly affect him, he will most certainly deflect and very likely he will sacrifice himself somewhere down the road for Lelouch's sake. Obviously, he will be happy. By then Lelouch will really accept him as his brother. Not a fake brother. Those memory of the one year is real even though Lelouch's memory was altered to make him believe that Rollo's his only brother. The one year event really happened, not implanted to them.

His geass will power-up or becomes permanent. I hope this will not be the end of Rollo if it happens.
I certainly hope he survives the series, living with Nunnally or even with Lelouch as a happy family. After going through so much, Rollo deserve to be loved.
I think the whole one is very good explained
Rollo Lamperouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 12:25   Link #50
KrimzonStriker

I like it, especially the Lamperouge family ending
Old 2008-04-21, 13:06   Link #51
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
seeing as they revealed thos eimages pretty early we can honestly state that his past will be revealed soon =3
anyhow seen as one of his oufits has him in a uniform Rollo must have been in the army at a very young age

i just hope he doesnt die with him sacrificing his life to protect Lelouch... not sure why but i always had those "Lelouch is about to be struck dead and Rollo jumps in between and self sacrifices himself in the process" vibes when i was seeing emotional and wacked up Rollo..
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 15:34   Link #52
Z3120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I'm pretty sure it was confirmed that they weren't blood related in one of the magazines.
Darn. There goes my theory
Z3120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 15:35   Link #53
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Meh, you don't need to be related to be family. I'll admit the fact that he has Nunnally's hair color and the purple eyes is quite odd though.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 17:20   Link #54
flou
That's no lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Meh, you don't need to be related to be family. I'll admit the fact that he has Nunnally's hair color and the purple eyes is quite odd though.
Could easily be contacts or coincidence and his hair is a different shade of brown. Who knows
flou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 17:21   Link #55
KrimzonStriker

The cosmic bonds of fate brought them together and added similar appearances to make the transition easier?

Or it could be the staff just messing with us
Old 2008-04-21, 18:33   Link #56
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Rollo needs to join the Black Rebellion for sure, but sacrifice himself for lelouch? come on, he needs to have a duel with Suzaku and own the living crap out of that kid.
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 07:36   Link #57
Nanami
~ stray wolf ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by flou View Post
Could easily be contacts or coincidence and his hair is a different shade of brown. Who knows
If he had conctacts, he would take them off every time he was using his geass. And he doesn't have this splendid gesticulation like Lelouch

I must agree with this theory about his sad past. Rivalz get us a small piece of informations about him - even now he's supposed to be delicate (unlike his brother), reserved and doesn't have any friends because of this. His ties with Britannia seems to not be very strong, so I'm looking forward to him taking Lulu's side.

And another point about mind stop theory - if it would be time stop, he rather won't be able to ride in his KNF, unless it have some trick which helped him to overcome this.
Nanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 07:48   Link #58
Larcx
Zetsubou

i think Rollo is....

Spoiler for Rollo:
Larcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 07:55   Link #59
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larcx View Post
i think Rollo is....

Spoiler for Rollo:
Wow... that's a truly inspired and intreresting theory!

I'd love for it to be right, as far-fetched as it may be.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2008-04-22 at 08:35.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 08:21   Link #60
Nanami
~ stray wolf ~

When I first saw Rolo, I thought the same. But now this feels odd to me... If it was true then there would be some connection on opening between Rolo and Nunnally, but instead she have new chair, she's older too. So she must living somewhere. So I think this theory is wrong.
Nanami is offline   Reply With Quote