AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 20 20.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 19.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 24.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 17.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 5.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 5.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.09%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.06%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.03%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.03%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-24, 01:01   Link #81
bevan
Knight of Zero

man oh man, I was so sure the Damocles was destroyed
Old 2012-02-24, 01:21   Link #82
leokiko

It's fun how people are still trying to make sense outta this
Old 2012-02-24, 01:35   Link #83
bevan
Knight of Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Inori is the vessel for the rebirth of Mana. Mana and Inori are telepathically linked. That why when Inori was looking like she was about to strip Shu and the eyes looked different, you know it's Mana. The brocon can not be denied her Shu.

and that sir, is made of win
Old 2012-02-24, 01:36   Link #84
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

YES

GO MANA, GO GET YOUR BRO BACK

Incestuous love>>>>>all obstacles (Even immortal Gai)

For LOVE FOR WINCEST FOREVER!!!

speaking of Gai

ep highlight:

Lolol Imma firing my mizzilez from my handz lololol With how I look now I can danmaku battle in Gensoukyou or something...
Old 2012-02-24, 01:42   Link #85
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The end...
The end...
What the... f***...
That was seriously the worst thing I've seen in this anime, and that is saying something. That SERIOUSLY came out of nowhere. It literally shocked me when she suddenly... err... transformed... Oh MY... Goh...

And yeah, Gai's line.
"Look, at this script!"

Boyd got some new fusion rule now.
The old guy just died. Err, what did he do for this anime? Make me ask how his swinging arms just stopped like that?
Was there a point to even include the random kid? To make us sympathize with Shuu? Yeah... no.
Oh yeah, can't forget the Mom. "Sorry, but this is so you can live!" HELLO~, his arm was chopped off!

And seriously...
the end...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2012-02-24, 01:56   Link #86
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The end...
The end...
What the... f***...
That was seriously the worst thing I've seen in this anime, and that is saying something. That SERIOUSLY came out of nowhere. It literally shocked me when she suddenly... err... transformed... Oh MY... Goh...
Now...don't you look down on the power of wincestuous love...
Old 2012-02-24, 02:04   Link #87
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
the brocon can not be denied her shu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevan View Post
and that sir, is made of win
PREACH IT! bbtt
Old 2012-02-24, 02:16   Link #88
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The end...
The end...
What the... f***...
Guilty Crown: you know it's bad (very bad), but you just can't put it down; deep down inside, you still wanna see how worse it can get.
Old 2012-02-24, 04:53   Link #89
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Yeah the episode is kind of nice... before Inori goes bananas at the end, its just >_>
Old 2012-02-24, 05:41   Link #90
andy

I don't see her transforming to be a big deal to tell the truth .
We know she was not normal and in ep 16\17 it look like she used some type of blade weapon on Arisa hand.
This being GC i expect something like this would happen it's only normal for this show.

Truth is i expected blades to come out her body in some way they just went the extra mile to add a new outfit and hair style lol.
Old 2012-02-24, 05:57   Link #91
Soji

One thing guy( I dont know if are the sub or what) but mana really do say that ?(that will probally her the one to kill shu or something like this?)
Old 2012-02-24, 06:20   Link #92
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
@LoveMeKags
Daryll wasn't killed. He is beaten up and in lockdown in GHQ HQ.
Before Segai and glasses dude chess match you have daryl lying on bed scene. His cell is right besides the glasses dude.
Ah, I must've missed that part. I guess I thought it was insignificant or someone else. The raw I saw was pretty blurry. I didn't bother to download Zero-Raws version yet. Perhaps I should.

---

As a side note: everything that happened in the episode has been foreshadowed in past episodes. People who take it too harshly are kinda not watching the show all the way through or ignoring details that might help them.

As for random characters: that's common in anime to help the moral theme (albeit the moral theme has been dead for five to ten episodes). In this case, it was intended to remind the character that he is not the only one suffering in the show but innocents like that boy as well. And so, the main character needs to stand up so he can rescue the innocents left behind. It's a moral thing. In any anime that is about war and times of great need, this is also inserted to remind the audience of what they are fighting for. Once you realize that, they don't seem so random or weird, they become a part of the reason the main character struggles.

As for Mana: that was really foreshadowed heavily over the last few episodes. Take Inori's sudden change in character in episode 16 for example. She suddenly changes from the cold person with no emotions really to a playful little girl and then back. Shu has a flashback of Mana at that time but Inori seems to not notice the change. But we kinda had to wonder how Mana was even alive before she was supposedly killed again by Gai? She died from her own powers (and also from the virus). So, to end this note, it is not very shocking that Mana is within Inori because we really have no clues to her past or birth.

As for transformations: is anyone besides me having flashbacks to Mana in earlier episodes, how she blew up the church, how she died, and then she's still alive despite the fact she died, then is killed by Gai, and foreshadowed throughout the episodes after? Like I said above, we know practically nothing about Inori except that Gai states she looks like Mana. So we go with what we have. So far, there were clues and hints that Inori is stronger than the average human (if we take episode 4 into account) and is able to assist the men when needed. She is certainly physically stronger than Arisa. But that leaves you to question how. Before the series' start, her void had never been seen nor drawn, yet she was still able to jump around with such agility, one that only Shu obtained after using Inori's void (in episode 2). Recent episodes have shown that Inori has hidden blades (for she injuries Arisa in episode 16). But also, when her void is not in her chest, she is able to move a bit and speak when she should be unconscious. It is like that is not her whole void. There is more to it. And therefore, we have been slowly foreshadowed of Inori's deeper powers awakening.

BTW, it kinda occurred to me that the ones Shu is apologizing to are the innocent bystanders like that "random character" you mentioned serenade_beta.

Last edited by LoveMeKags; 2012-02-24 at 06:38.
Old 2012-02-24, 06:29   Link #93
zero7090

Chey.... and i thought finally there is some hot wincest steaming fanservice scene.

Anyway Inori forced development is forced.
Old 2012-02-24, 06:42   Link #94
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
at the begining of this ep, i thought Shu just had an orgasm
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2012-02-24, 07:00   Link #95
Sides

What the hell, more secret organisations? I reckon they are trying to make money by sell books and sorts to explain what is happening in the anime.
Gai and his tri-fusion missile, couldn't stop laughing.
What was irritating was time skipping inside the episode. Looks like the makers have under/overestimated how much time 22/23(?) episodes actually gives them.
Old 2012-02-24, 07:06   Link #96
Manic
real men love pink

Quote:
One thing guy( I dont know if are the sub or what) but mana really do say that ?(that will probally her the one to kill shu or something like this?)
eh thats just psycho mana trying to trick her into letting mana take over her body. Inori is having doubts and is confused by her feelings, so mana is trying to take advantage of that. She's trying to make inori believe that if she stays by shu's side she will get him killed.
Old 2012-02-24, 07:26   Link #97
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
eh thats just psycho mana trying to trick her into letting mana take over her body. Inori is having doubts and is confused by her feelings, so mana is trying to take advantage of that. She's trying to make inori believe that if she stays by shu's side she will get him killed.
Thanks. With the sub i was unsure. I mean the way mana is there is no way in the hell that want her brother die. Thats why when I read the sub I say WTF.
Thanks again to clear this up
Old 2012-02-24, 07:27   Link #98
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well other than Inori randomly turning into Wolverine, I was able to enjoy all of Shu and Inori's scenes. I thought they were fairly genuine in their attempts to tug at out heartstrings and I could even appreciate Inori growing a personality and trying to fight those Endlaves (even if the scene did suffer from a lack of budget)

Everything else however...from the introduction of the new (storywise) cult to the facepalm worthy attempt at "nihon banzai" (Samurai beats all: Fact), the story was quite frankly a mess. I have trouble understanding why they clearly want us to hate Arise so much and yet want us to root for someone as morally depraved as Daryl but there you go. In fact, I'm having trouble understanding just what the fuck is going on altogether. It seems almost like they're going to randomly bring in aliens or something, like that ending to Assassin's Creed II

At least we don't have to suffer wingus and dingus anymore...
Old 2012-02-24, 07:28   Link #99
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

And thus, what I wanted to happen to the students after what they did to Shu has come true. Seeing Gai rip their voids out and use them as a missile to deflect the enemies attacks was slightly satisfying. They they shall realise why they shouldn't have betrayed Shu! Muahhahahahaha....I'm taking this too seriously aren't I? I couldn't help it, I just wanted to see those students realise what they've done

What I did not expect what that people like Daryl had no idea why Gai was there and still alive. I figured all members of the GHQ would be familiar with the return of Gai and would have no problem following orders etc. None of the students seemed fazed by who Gai was and what he did to Shu, which is understandable since most of them didn't know Gai in the first place and perhaps thought it was a part of the plan. As for Arugo, Tsugumi and Ayase, they themselves seemed surprised by his return (And not the fact that Shu just had his arm cut off lol)

NOOOO! They killed Scythe girl! Oh the humanity! All the high level voids are dying! I know I said I wanted Gai to kill the students, but not Scythe girl! She had an awesome void XD

Also, finally! After all that teasing they were doing, they finally made Daryl do something good! I have been waiting 18 episodes for that to happen He finally seemed like a badass taking on all those Mech suits, hopefully he does more badass things in the future episodes.

After all these episodes, I almost forgot about Scarface I wonder if he'll be working for Gai, or trying to use him and eventually end up killing him...it is the sort of thing he would do, after all, he was the main villain for the first 12 episodes, they wouldn't just toss him aside just like that would they?

Gahh! Dammit! Why are all the good characters dying? XD In the few minutes Arisa's grandfather had in this anime, he tottally turned into an awesome character! Damn you Arisa! Why can't you just die

Lastly, note to self, do not piss off Inori.
Old 2012-02-24, 08:03   Link #100
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
im telling you guys this shit is ending like "Return of the Sith" i have no doubt that finally battel between Neo Gai and Shu is going to be epic and i fully expect a shit load of collateral damage.