AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-04-10, 21:28   Link #81
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkeyes2 View Post
Gimme more!

A question though, where does the whole mind set "Lelouch lied in episode 25 to keep Kallen from blaming herself" theory come from?
The manual in DVD9 tells us that Lelouch deliberately said those mean words.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 21:47   Link #82
Kusaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
The manual in DVD9 tells us that Lelouch deliberately said those mean words.
Interesting that they would confirm that officially, but does it specify what was his deliberate reasoning behind it?

That's the part which would make all the difference in the world, so to speak, but I suppose they didn't elaborate much. I guess they could expand on that during the actual show.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 21:55   Link #83
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I believe he wanted to take all blame and responsibility that Kallen could possibly feel over what she had done or something like that.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 22:03   Link #84
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
Interesting that they would confirm that officially, but does it specify what was his deliberate reasoning behind it?

That's the part which would make all the difference in the world, so to speak, but I suppose they didn't elaborate much. I guess they could expand on that during the actual show.
They will probably build off of it if they went through the trouble of actually confirming it. That or they are just messing with us, we'll just have to wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I believe he wanted to take all blame and responsibility that Kallen could possibly feel over what she had done or something like that.
Correct. As he did with Shirley, though this time, there was no memory wipe.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 22:06   Link #85
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Yeah, we get it.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-10, 23:00   Link #86
Kusaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I understand that interpretation, but would still like to see where they go from there, how they address the subject during the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
They will probably build off of it if they went through the trouble of actually confirming it. That or they are just messing with us, we'll just have to wait and see.
Even if they don't spell it out, they could at least show us some hints via internal monologues. Say, what Lelouch and Kallen thought about after the incident.

Quote:
I guess, but in that case that was way more explicit and his emotional state was rather different. For one, he wasn't worrying about Nunnally (his number one priority) or how to get Suzaku out of the way (as he was the main obstacle inside the cave). That's not to say he couldn't have been worried about Kallen's reaction, but it was a more complicated situation.
Old 2008-04-11, 03:19   Link #87
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
I remember in the sound episode that featured Kallen and C.C.'s famous car ride that Lelouch said he was not intersted in Kallen. I wonder if this has changed in season 2. On another note how do people fall for Kallen's disguise so easily in Season 1? You'd figure one solider would walk down the street, spot her, and go "Hey doesn't that girl slight resemble that terrorist who shot me...oh wait". Then again you could argue she is in a Knightmare most of the time and is never seen in actual combat unless its a none-Knightmare required mission.

P.S.

I envy you guys who can read all these magazine scans and interviews, I am going on the assumption they are in Jap right?
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 03:20   Link #88
Stretch5920

Same reason Lois Lane doesn't realise Clark Kent is superman.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 03:30   Link #89
Strettger
PopulationControl Officer

Probably because she wears a mask most of the time and gells her hair up.

Thres also the Karen alter ego of Kallen, which deflects atention from those around her...
Strettger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 12:13   Link #90
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
Same reason Lois Lane doesn't realise Clark Kent is superman.
And no one found anything incredibly odd about this?
Old 2008-04-11, 13:01   Link #91
Kusaja

That's not really that good of an example though, since Superman's face is known to a larger number of people in the first place, and Lois had the privilege of being in constant contact with both him and Clark.

Quote:
Then again you could argue she is in a Knightmare most of the time and is never seen in actual combat unless its a none-Knightmare required mission.
That would be the main factor, actually, her being inside a Knightmare most of the time...and the fact it's not like we know how many soldiers (if any) or other people would be in a position to see her in both roles.

Other than that...her original outfit would in fact make identification pretty easy, but the Black Knights uniform has a visor (usually seen in public) that at least provides a little basis for suspension of disbelief.
Old 2008-04-11, 14:02   Link #92
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strettger View Post
Probably because she wears a mask most of the time and gells her hair up.

Thres also the Karen alter ego of Kallen, which deflects atention from those around her...
Kallen doesn't gel her hair, it's that way naturally. Welcome to Ashford Academy 15 actually reveals that Kallen occasionally has to spend hours trying to get it to stay straight.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 15:28   Link #93
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Welcome to Ashford 15, What is that a statement in Newtype or part of the DVD boxes? And yes I gathered it was gelled to stay down not the other way around.
Old 2008-04-11, 15:50   Link #94
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Welcome to Ashford 15, What is that a statement in Newtype or part of the DVD boxes? And yes I gathered it was gelled to stay down not the other way around.
It's short dialogues between usually 2 characters accompanied by a picture, it appears in newtype.
Old 2008-04-11, 18:19   Link #95
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

well that seems true considering after a few hours in episode 19 her hair went into it's spike style but it's pretty illogical I thought the "true" style of her hair was what she had during her talk with suzaku after she eat those fish.

I also find it odd the student council never figured out that kallen was a member of the OoBK, I agree with Stretch5920 on the clark kent/superman comment.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 20:20   Link #96
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
And no one found anything incredibly odd about this?
Superman doesn't wear a mask, so people tend to think that he doesn't have anything to hide, and would never believe that someone as powerful/godlike as Superman, would be living a normal mundane life as a human.

Lex Luthor (one of the most intelligent human in the DC universe) was actually told that Superman = Klark Kent before, but he dismissed it because he refused to believe that Superman would be pretending to be a human.
Old 2008-04-11, 20:38   Link #97
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Also, when did Kallen ever run into the council while in her uniform except for the finale? There was that broadcast, but she was behind Zero and was wearing a mask.

Old 2008-04-12, 21:09   Link #98
Subarunyon
Yui is mai waifu <3

Just my 2 cents on what Kallen might think about zero in R2.... No one else sees her crying in the new op? I think she must be feeling kind of desperate to have no one else to turn to to defeat britannia.
Subarunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 21:11   Link #99
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subarunyon View Post
Just my 2 cents on what Kallen might think about zero in R2.... No one else sees her crying in the new op? I think she must be feeling kind of desperate to have no one else to turn to to defeat britannia.
It's not desperation at all, it's just who Kallen is. She wants freedom for Japan but she hates that she has to kill for it.

It's just like her apologizing to Jeremiah right before she fries him in episode 10 or questioning Lelouch if what they're doing can really change things in 13, to give a few examples.
Old 2008-04-12, 21:14   Link #100
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Its not that Lelouch doesn't want to free japan. We can see by his actions he does sympathize towards them(recall he saved the vendor from being beaten). He just is willing to sacrifice everything for his goal. While She may no longer feel romanced by his "selfless" goal, she does realize he is the key to victory.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote