AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-28, 18:22   Link #41
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Eh, I feel Kitamura is the weakest character in the series. While the other four work well with each other and provide lots of humor, I just feel that Kitamura... is just there. He hasn't really had any shining moments so far.
Old 2008-11-28, 19:49   Link #42
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Ami is actually pretty important...Specially later in the series... Kitamura is just...there... As I said - the only good thing about him is that he is not the main lead or else we would have another harem build up with a pretty much worthless character for the main lead.
Old 2008-11-28, 23:50   Link #43
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
Eh, I feel Kitamura is the weakest character in the series. While the other four work well with each other and provide lots of humor, I just feel that Kitamura... is just there. He hasn't really had any shining moments so far.
You mean the naked scene is not good enough for you?
Old 2008-11-28, 23:59   Link #44
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Nah. Kitamura is just fine. He keeps everything balanced. He is pretty weird. He seems really close to Minorin. Oh right , they're in the same club.
Old 2008-11-29, 03:24   Link #45
Tiran86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
Exactly. He's the weakest character in the strongest cast in this sort of anime in a looooong time.
Old 2008-11-29, 13:50   Link #46
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
You mean the naked scene is not good enough for you?
I tend to try and forget that scene happened.
Old 2008-11-29, 17:45   Link #47
Formely_anon
Missing an "R"

Kitamura is the reincarnation of Tohno Shiki. Taiga is Sacchin, Ami is Ciel, and Ryuji is a gayer Arihiko. The head of the school council is Akiha. Ryuji's mum is Arc.

Therefore Kitamura is awesome, if you disagree it's because he's hiding how awesome he is because he doesn't want to be the focus of attention. Also he's screwing around with Arc when he's off screen.

He is just how a man should be.
Old 2008-11-30, 01:23   Link #48
Tiran86

I have no idea who any of those characters are.
Old 2008-11-30, 04:18   Link #49
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formely_anon View Post
Kitamura is the reincarnation of Tohno Shiki. Taiga is Sacchin, Ami is Ciel, and Ryuji is a gayer Arihiko. The head of the school council is Akiha. Ryuji's mum is Arc.

Therefore Kitamura is awesome, if you disagree it's because he's hiding how awesome he is because he doesn't want to be the focus of attention. Also he's screwing around with Arc when he's off screen.

He is just how a man should be.
Lol. Nice imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiran86 View Post
I have no idea who any of those characters are.
Melty Blood or is it Lunar Legend Tsukihime ( or are they the same? ). Another Type Moon. Correct me if I'm wrong here.
Old 2008-11-30, 09:58   Link #50
Formely_anon
Missing an "R"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_sakura111 View Post
Melty Blood or is it Lunar Legend Tsukihime ( or are they the same? ). Another Type Moon. Correct me if I'm wrong here.
Yeah, they're from Tsukihime a visual novel, which was adapted into Lunar Legend and had a fighting game spin off Melty Blood.

Sorry for the lame joke, I thought the characters were pretty well known.
Old 2008-11-30, 16:18   Link #51
Tiran86

I've heard of the type moon stuff, but I've never played any of it, and only seen the first episode of Fate/Stay night.
Old 2008-11-30, 17:44   Link #52
Darknemo2000

Formely_anon, you are overestimating the Tsukihime's popularity. Not everyone know it. More know Fate/Stay night than it.
Old 2008-12-02, 01:56   Link #53
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Formely_anon, you are overestimating the Tsukihime's popularity. Not everyone know it. More know Fate/Stay night than it.
Well, hopefully the upcoming remake of Tsukihime will increase its popularity.
Old 2008-12-02, 12:11   Link #54
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
there is no such thing as tsukihime anime
Old 2008-12-02, 22:41   Link #55
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Understatement of the year.
Old 2008-12-02, 22:52   Link #56
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

ep 9 remarks on Kitamura:
One thing I can't figure out in this ep is Kitamura. He saunters in naked, chats with Ryuuji and only says he didn't realize the girls were there after its pointed out. No exit stage left quickly.... just.... a bit strange.

Another strangeness - Ami obviously realizes Kitamura is entranced by Sumire given Ami's "what about student council?" remark ... but Kitamura's response is odd, very "shields up". He's probably the most enigmatic character to me at this point.
Old 2008-12-03, 01:58   Link #57
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Understatement of the year.
Not in anime forums.
Old 2008-12-19, 16:55   Link #58
arriana-corr
UtterNutter4LurpakButter

I thought it was... cute when Kitamura-kun took a bite of her crepe and leans over to her <3 It kind of showed he is returning to his hyper/acting on crazy impulse side. Which... I like^^, naked scene, not... so much, XD .Mainly...

'cos he reminds me of one of my best friends who's a guy, and that guy he reminds me of is ALSO my best friend's boyfriend, so... yeah, imagining him naked= Not Good Thing. >,<

I keep asking that friend of mine to die his hair green, but he... won't!
Old 2009-01-06, 03:49   Link #59
Amber.Dawn

Kitamura seems simple- a balanced character for all situations. If he has any underlying motives, I wouldn't know, but he seems to have feelings for Taiga still.
While he might be a horrible person on the inside, it doesn't seem so. I can't imagine him being a bad person...Well, we'll need to see him alone to truly understand him probably.
Old 2009-01-07, 20:05   Link #60
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber.Dawn View Post
Kitamura seems simple- a balanced character for all situations. If he has any underlying motives, I wouldn't know, but he seems to have feelings for Taiga still.
While he might be a horrible person on the inside, it doesn't seem so. I can't imagine him being a bad person...Well, we'll need to see him alone to truly understand him probably.
I still don't completely trust the guy. I could be very wrong, but I just can't shake this underlying feeling that he subtly gave Ryuuji the responsibility of changing Taiga and Ami. I mean, Kitamura could have done it for them since he, himself, didn't have the ability to do it, just as other ppl suggested. I wouldn't be surprised if Kitamura confessed to Taiga at some point, esp since Sumire is going to graduate. I still think that despite how he may be doing that for their sakes, he's getting some kind of incentive for doing it; whether it be his tough-girl fetish, his amusement/curiosity, or whatever.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters