AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 88 62.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 26.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 6.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 2.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.42%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.71%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-29, 08:46   Link #101
Claymore_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokule View Post
3. "the tiny ones aound it are the options" Konata said this about a Budda statue
I think I know this one.
Well, it's a reference to a REALLY hard 80's game called Gradius

In this game, you control a spaceship.
At first, the spaceship is ultra slow, has puny firepower, but a good player (surely Kona-chan is one ) can get powerups, who boost your speed, your guns and so on.

One of these powerups is called "option". An "option" is basically a ghost spaceship who follows your trail and shoots when you do so, thus multiplying your firepower.

In Konata's fantasy, Budda's nose is the main spaceship the player controls, and all those round decorations around are the "options"
Old 2007-08-29, 08:48   Link #102
Ashlotte
Clockwork

All I can say is...

Pooor Kagamin!!!

Even though I knew that bit wasn't going to end any other way I felt bad for her...Was also sad that poor miyuki is still stuck with the walking dictionary shtick again this episode. Also what is it with all female teachers in anime always being single...Can anyone even name a recent one that wasn't?

Oh and L*C was actually worth watching...Poor abused shiriashi. Should be interesting to see what happens next time after the fallout of his rampage.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-08-29, 08:53   Link #103
Zerokule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore_Obsessed View Post
I think I know this one.
Well, it's a reference to a REALLY hard 80's game called Gradius

In this game, you control a spaceship.
At first, the spaceship is ultra slow, has puny firepower, but a good player (surely Kona-chan is one ) can get powerups, who boost your speed, your guns and so on.

One of these powerups is called "option". An "option" is basically a ghost spaceship who follows your trail and shoots when you do so, thus multiplying your firepower.

In Konata's fantasy, Budda's nose is the main spaceship the player controls, and all those round decorations around are the "options"
Lol Gradius is a badass game, definately difficult, super r-type was my fav for side scrollin shooter goodness.
Old 2007-08-29, 09:00   Link #104
Natsuki_Kuga

Send a message via ICQ to Natsuki_Kuga Send a message via MSN to Natsuki_Kuga
"sniff" by Kuroi-sensei killed me!
Old 2007-08-29, 09:16   Link #105
Claymore_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki_Kuga View Post
"sniff" by Kuroi-sensei killed me!
oh me too!

Despite her little on-screen time, most of her scenes are very funny!
Plus, I like her accent ^^
Old 2007-08-29, 09:25   Link #106
That was embarrasing...

Dere-dere moments of Kagami killed me... I expected some joke of that kind but, not as heavy as the one which is shown in the anime. I mean... The first thing I did when I heard that the only thing the boy wanted was the toy, I paused the video and waited 5 minutes in order to belive it!!! They are making Kagami suffer a lot!!!

Anyway, that made me think... what would have Kagami said if the boy really confessed? (We didn't see his face till the last moment because we would have understood what happenned quickly. And of course... if the boy confessed he would be handsome. But what about if he did and was... like the anime one? Would Kagami accept or refuse?

By the way, Kuroi sensei really was awesome in her final joke. I never thought that such a simple joke would make me laugh so hard... (sniff TT_TT).

However, between you and me... I didn't want anyone to confess to Kagami... X3 I think that is some of the main characters had a boyfriend (and I will borrow Konata's words) "this wouldn't be an anime".
Old 2007-08-29, 09:26   Link #107
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Shana View Post
Yeah, why does the Japaneses put "Nobil" "Yotota" and "Rindows" ><? I think is becouse of copyright but I'm not sure.
It's ALWAYS a copyright issue.

FYI, I happen to be wearing a Mobil 1 shirt right now.
Old 2007-08-29, 15:40   Link #108
Natsuki_Kuga

Send a message via ICQ to Natsuki_Kuga Send a message via MSN to Natsuki_Kuga
I knew that there wouldn't be any confession .. it's too early and too wrong right now I think =/
and yeh..
Quote:
"this wouldn't be an anime"
Old 2007-08-29, 16:52   Link #109
Calawain
Gaijin

Yeah when Kagami and Kona-chan have the most dialogue of any of the characters, if one suddenly got a boyfriend and half disappeared the show wouldn't be nearly as good.
Old 2007-08-29, 18:09   Link #110
Seditary
Ooooo what?!

Get Tsukasa dating Shiraishi on the show like everyone thinks they are, there'd be tons of awesome joke potential there.

Pretty much the only one I could see having a guy.
Old 2007-08-29, 23:20   Link #111
Psycho Power J
Taking in Life's hits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokule View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore_Obsessed View Post
I think I know this one.
Well, it's a reference to a REALLY hard 80's game called Gradius -snip-
Lol Gradius is a badass game, definately difficult, super r-type was my fav for side scrollin shooter goodness.
Screw Gradius. Parodius is where it's at!

I remember playing the R-type games, but I could barely remember anything about them besides the wave cannons. Must not have been a memorable series for me.
Old 2007-08-29, 23:50   Link #112
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

As of now I'm almost positive that Kyoani has people reading this place with us calling for Shiraishi to be booted...because they made it happen. With the most GARRRRR scene of Shiraishi I've ever seen. Pure, unadulterated win. Poor guy...you just can't not empathize with this one. I daresay he'll find a way to take center stage completely by the end of all this.

Now...what's up with the whole tender Kagami sketch? I'm certainly not complaining, but it's uh...a bit weird to see that in a comedy show. XD It's pretty easy to guess that it's definitely not a confession, though. Kagami got a "half fortune" for a reason.

Now...I need to actually write my fanfic.
Old 2007-08-30, 04:19   Link #113
MajideTime
Big O! It's showtime!

Meh...that ep was average up until the Kagami scenes near the end (*sniff*), but the Lucky Channel made it brilliant. I've been waiting for Minoru to do something like that since episode 5. plus, nice Gradius reference.
Old 2007-08-30, 05:50   Link #114
That was embarrasing...

If you look carefully at the upper left side of the screen when the cam was attacked by Minoru, you can clearly see how Akira-sama and Ono Daisuke are absolutely scared X3. And the most strange thing is that Minoru starts to run after Akira in order to "attack" her when he is talking about something related to "30 years old". Could this be some kind of clue to know the true age of Akira-sama? I am only guessing, what do you think?
Old 2007-08-30, 05:57   Link #115
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

IIRC, Akira's VA is 32, Shiraishi's 28 or 29...

Then again, Akira (the character) should still be a minor, since her parents get the money.
Old 2007-08-30, 06:28   Link #116
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Finally watched the episode.
It seemed just plain awesome to me.
Kagami looked really cute. Also I felt pretty sorry for her when she met that guy. The expression on her face was as completely shocked and she had square eyes.
The scene with Tsukasa feeding deer was pretty funny to think of it coming across a heard of deer might result in heavy injuries, broken bones etc.
Also a few words about inspiration. That was much to the point.
Just recently I was thinking of a concept for a new wallie. The idea struck me at night and I did take a sheet of paper to put notes. Perharps it happens so that at daytime you're busy with other stuff and dont have time to think so inspiration comes at night when nobody bothers you. See more info in Shuffle! image thread.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
Old 2007-08-30, 08:30   Link #117
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by 723 View Post
If you look carefully at the upper left side of the screen when the cam was attacked by Minoru, you can clearly see how Akira-sama and Ono Daisuke are absolutely scared X3. And the most strange thing is that Minoru starts to run after Akira in order to "attack" her when he is talking about something related to "30 years old". Could this be some kind of clue to know the true age of Akira-sama? I am only guessing, what do you think?
LOL, yeah. Near the very end, Shiraishi was even chasing a terrified Akira-sama, in fact just before transmission ended, he came very close to grabbing her and mauling her on TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer Bandit View Post
Subtle AIR reference here, I believe:

Someone with Photoshop skills humor me and do a hair color swap on Kuroi-sensei and the student next to her. I think you'll see what I mean.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm943882

If you've got a nico video account, watch the last second of this crossover video and you'll get what Panzer Bandit's trying to say.

(Nico video is free, of course it helps if you're moderately fluent in Japanese so you know which fields to enter correctly when registering. )
Old 2007-08-30, 14:32   Link #118
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Gotta love MMO teacher. Kuroi sensei stole the show again. ~
Old 2007-08-30, 19:24   Link #119
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm943882

If you've got a nico video account, watch the last second of this crossover video and you'll get what Panzer Bandit's trying to say.

(Nico video is free, of course it helps if you're moderately fluent in Japanese so you know which fields to enter correctly when registering. )
Youtube:

Spoiler:

Saludos, Haru
Old 2007-08-30, 19:31   Link #120
jtrog

This one was really good. I enjoyed the tour of Kyoto they gave me. I saw a 7/11, some other points of interest and kyotoanimation. The MMO being down for server maintenance was priceless. Happens a lot to me on one I play now in some mornings EVERY week.

I Must have turned a few colors laughing so hard at Lucky Channel.
Closed Thread