AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-30, 17:51   Link #21
uglypigs

he's a bitch.
Old 2003-11-30, 17:56   Link #22
Momiji
mah :0

Send a message via AIM to Momiji
argh I got so mad hearing people put down Sasuke I had to post How can you really blame him for being the way he is? Well gee, let's see his brother
Spoiler:
I'm guessing you Sasuke haters just expect him to skip around in a meadow of flowers singing happily? Put yourself in his place, he was like 8(?) when it happened. Surely that would be the only thing going through my mind day and night.

Lol. I still don't see what's so good about Rock Lee, he's a hard worker, so what? Anyone can be a hard worker. And his looks..well I won't even go there..lol..
Old 2003-11-30, 18:01   Link #23
eLstar
(^_^)v

Hah hah. I like Rock Lee a lot, but I find it funny when people make fun of him.

Old 2003-11-30, 18:01   Link #24
hotrabbi
K-9 Senin HotRabbi

Send a message via AIM to hotrabbi
Don't like Sasuke he is just an over confident egotistical shinobi who has had luck shine on him and give him a bit of skill. Plus the self-pitty gets really annoying.
Old 2003-11-30, 18:19   Link #25
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglypigs
he's a bitch.

I 2nd that.
Old 2003-11-30, 18:39   Link #26
gruvy_qc
(: Ecchi guy :)

I.m with Uglypigs and hotrabbi. The question is : how can you like sasuke. It's true that making fun of lee is funny. Sasuke act a bit as if he was the center of the universe and he doesn't care at all about evorybody else than his little bitchy person.
Old 2003-11-30, 18:50   Link #27
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
Sasuke is one of the coolest character in this entire anime. He's not exactly emotionless, he shows anger, disgust, sadness. All in all he's still human.

I don't like Hinata though, she is just annoying and slows the pace of the anime down.

O Yeah! I new member here me roar!
Only one post and i already dont like you. Sasuke is full of shit and hinata is my favorite character.
Old 2003-11-30, 18:51   Link #28
juri_miki
Death Note Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to juri_miki Send a message via AIM to juri_miki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malta
Whether that was sarcastic or not, I agree .

Sasuke just represents a lot of the darker and more complicated emotions. I personally find him to be much more complex and interesting than Naruto, generally more realistic as a human character. A lot of people aren't great at accepting things and moving on. There are very few people like Naruto in the world, really, I think...and many more like Sasuke. Negativity appeals to me, I guess it doesn't to most.
::Rips out hair::

Why is it when there's a mentally fucked up chracter all of a sudden he's the "realistic" character? Yeah there are a lot of people out there like Sasuke, they're either on medication, depressed, in jail, or dead. Of course people like that are more interesting as character, because they offer more depth, not more realism. He's not growing, he isn't developing, he's stagnant. He's mentally unhealthy. He's so obsessed with getting revenge that he's revolving his whole entire world around it, not giving any thought to other people around him. Hes only developing for the sole purpose of that one goal. Everything he does is for himself and only for himself, not giving any regard to the people he hurts or kills in the process. His whole goal in life is to kill one person. What's he gonna do afterwards if he fulfills that goal? There's nothing he can do. The only other thing is suicide, if not that then to kill other people. As long as he's like thi he'll never know true happiness or anything positive in his life.

Naruto on the other hand is just as realistic, but unlike his uber-depressed counterpart he's a lot more healthy mentally. Of course he is evolving towards one goal, and that is to be accepted by people. Naruto just wants to be accepted by people, which isn't a feeling foreign to most people. So in order to achieve that goal he is willing to do any and everything for it. Unlike Sasuke though, Naruto is also growing, evolving, and maturing. From the beginning of th story his actions were not very much different from abandoned and troubled children who need desire attention and him wanting to become something other than what people think of him is also no foreign feeling from a lot of people out there. His need to protect people he loves and cares about is not foreign either.

Personally, in context to each other, both of their character developments are interesting since there is such a HUGE difference.
Old 2003-11-30, 18:58   Link #29
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
sasuke is a bitch, cry baby, self loathing, wanna-be-sharingan-master, with a bug up his ass... i hope he falls off a cliff and doesnt summon something to break is fall
Old 2003-11-30, 19:01   Link #30
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Operation "putting Sasuke out of his misery" is almost complete....Now can the Juri_Miki and TheGreatYakoshi can say something good about Kabuto so we the few Kabuto-fans can convert the remaining Sasuke fans to our perspective, since you are so good with words?
Old 2003-11-30, 19:15   Link #31
Ir0nExpress
Lord of Majik Chickins

Send a message via AIM to Ir0nExpress
Sasuke's goal is to kill
Spoiler:
. So he acts serious and is determined to do whatever is necessary(which i hate about him because he's blinded by this goal which makes him go to
Spoiler:
for power, the ironic thing is even he can't kill [spolier]itachi[/spoiler] But i think after he does kill
Spoiler:
he'll gain all his emotions again and become normal.
Old 2003-11-30, 19:22   Link #32
smee
Silent A$$A$$IN

Send a message via AIM to smee
they dont like him for the same reasons they dont like neji, still havent figured it out though, neji's probably my favorite character along with lee and naruto. i like sasuke too though. by the way, is it Sa-sue-Kay or Sas-Kay?
Old 2003-11-30, 19:27   Link #33
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momiji
Lol. I still don't see what's so good about Rock Lee, he's a hard worker, so what? Anyone can be a hard worker. And his looks..well I won't even go there..lol..
I like Lee 'cause he's unique, he's hot, he got style. He's diferent from any funny character in other animes, that's what makes him so cool.

Concerning Neji, I like him a lot better than Sasuke. Neji's fighting style is the best, plus his character design is one of the coolest I've ever seen.

Oh cool, hotrabbi-san's back. The Sannin is reunited again!
Old 2003-11-30, 19:30   Link #34
smee
Silent A$$A$$IN

i agree with vicous about neji, and also, rock lee is a very likable character, he's funny, he's not arrogant, and he is just so likable, i dont know how u can say that momiji if u've seen the lee/gaara fight.
Old 2003-11-30, 19:30   Link #35
aahhsin

I don't see anything wrong with Sasuke.

I like his character, makes him a perfect companion and rival for naruto, they are opposites.

Spoiler:

As for him ignoring Sakura, I don't think he ever liked her. You don't have to act nice to everyone. Who cares if a girl loves you with all her heart, he don't have to love her back.

You people make it seem like he has to like everyone. Remember he finds Sakura annoying and cold hearted.
Old 2003-11-30, 19:32   Link #36
smee
Silent A$$A$$IN

nice spoiler tags on the naruto gaara fight aahhsin.
Old 2003-11-30, 19:36   Link #37
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by smee
nice spoiler tags on the naruto gaara fight aahhsin.
sorry noob here
Old 2003-11-30, 19:41   Link #38
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by smee
they dont like him for the same reasons they dont like neji, still havent figured it out though, neji's probably my favorite character along with lee and naruto. i like sasuke too though. by the way, is it Sa-sue-Kay or Sas-Kay?

True. 2 much talk-shit

Damn aahhsin I dint now that Naruto beats Garaa and especialy dint want to now how!!!!! it should ave been written as a Spoiler dammit
Old 2003-11-30, 19:42   Link #39
Malta
Kunoichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by juri_miki
::Rips out hair::

Why is it when there's a mentally fucked up chracter all of a sudden he's the "realistic" character? Yeah there are a lot of people out there like Sasuke, they're either on medication, depressed, in jail, or dead. Of course people like that are more interesting as character, because they offer more depth, not more realism. He's not growing, he isn't developing, he's stagnant. He's mentally unhealthy. He's so obsessed with getting revenge that he's revolving his whole entire world around it, not giving any thought to other people around him. Hes only developing for the sole purpose of that one goal. Everything he does is for himself and only for himself, not giving any regard to the people he hurts or kills in the process. His whole goal in life is to kill one person. What's he gonna do afterwards if he fulfills that goal? There's nothing he can do. The only other thing is suicide, if not that then to kill other people. As long as he's like thi he'll never know true happiness or anything positive in his life.

Naruto on the other hand is just as realistic, but unlike his uber-depressed counterpart he's a lot more healthy mentally. Of course he is evolving towards one goal, and that is to be accepted by people. Naruto just wants to be accepted by people, which isn't a feeling foreign to most people. So in order to achieve that goal he is willing to do any and everything for it. Unlike Sasuke though, Naruto is also growing, evolving, and maturing. From the beginning of th story his actions were not very much different from abandoned and troubled children who need desire attention and him wanting to become something other than what people think of him is also no foreign feeling from a lot of people out there. His need to protect people he loves and cares about is not foreign either.

Personally, in context to each other, both of their character developments are interesting since there is such a HUGE difference.
Healthy mentally. You know, sometimes that can be something a person can't really control. I don't see that as much of a basis for judging people.

Mmm. Well, on on the 'interesting' thing, that's simply a matter of opinion. I think Naruto's road forward would be better if it didn't seem like he was destined to win every battle. Since Naruto's emotions are always on the surface, you're not exactly hard pressed to understand him. :E

But, as it is...I can find no real life example I know of anyone remotely like Naruto. Maybe the few exceptional stories of people you hear that are supposed to be inspiring, but no-one I know personally who continually strives to better themselves. But people who, no doubt, you would term 'mentally unhealthy'? Many more, but I don't believe you can simply label people like that and blame them. Sasuke knows the full extent of what he's lost; Naruto can only imagine.

Just as 'mentally fucked up' doesn't have to be realistic, growing and developing doesn't nessecarily mean it either. Some people are just the way the are.

Consider when
Spoiler:

Bah. Don't have time to type more. But thanks for giving me some interesting things to think over, at any rate.
Old 2003-11-30, 19:47   Link #40
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
JOJOS'STAR, spoiler tags there
Closed Thread