AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2012-04-26, 01:04   Link #21
TempestGarden

Yeah, I always restart when I install anything. I am starting over again and seeing what happens this time. LOL
Old 2012-04-26, 01:10   Link #22
EroKing

After installing everything properly what output you using? Madvr or EVR Custom is recommended for 32bit system. If it's 64bits use EVR Custom.

Old 2012-04-26, 01:14   Link #23
TempestGarden

I have a 64 bit system and I normally use EVR Custom Pres because none of the other ones seem to show the subtitles properly.

I reinstalled CCCP AGAIN and I am still getting the error message when I try to open the settings folder for Haali Media Splitter. I even downloaded the .exe file for CCCP again just in case.

I don't know... it seems like Haali is not properly installing for some reason. Perhaps this was the real problem I was having all along.

I don't have a clue what to do about this.
Old 2012-04-26, 01:23   Link #24
EroKing

mmm try deleting the contents of the folder C:\Program Files\CCCP\Filters\Haali and get a copy a copy of Haali from here http://mirror01.x264.nl/x264/Matrosk...1.11.288.0.exe and install inside that very folder.

I have a feeling it's not getting registered auto and you might have to do it manually.
Old 2012-04-26, 01:23   Link #25
namaiki

TempestGarden, any idea if you are using an admin or limited account on your computer?
Old 2012-04-26, 01:26   Link #26
TempestGarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaiki View Post
TempestGarden, any idea if you are using an admin or limited account on your computer?
I just checked this recently actually and it says "Administrator" under my name.
Old 2012-04-26, 01:28   Link #27
TempestGarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
mmm try deleting the contents of the folder C:\Program Files\CCCP\Filters\Haali and get a copy a copy of Haali from here http://mirror01.x264.nl/x264/Matrosk...1.11.288.0.exe and install inside that very folder.

I have a feeling it's not getting registered auto and you might have to do it manually.
I will give this a try and let you know in a minute if this works.
Old 2012-04-26, 01:44   Link #28
EroKing

If nothing works with CCCP try SMPlayer or XP Codec Pack
Old 2012-04-26, 01:45   Link #29
TempestGarden

Okay, I manually installed Haali Media Splitter and it will now let me get into the Media Splitter Settings menu. So, I guess that it is okay now.

I still have some issues with playback at times though because I get stuttering video and occasional audio dropouts as well as once in awhile the video and audio not syncing in MPC-HC. I do use CoreAvc because the video looks the best with this.

I think my problem might actually have to do with this computer though.

Despite being new and having a dual core processor, it is only 1.65 GHz and has integrated graphics (AMD Radeon HD 6300 Series Graphics). I upgraded it from 4GB to 8GB of RAM and whenever I play 720p files (especially 10 bit ones) in MPC-HC I recently noticed that my CPU Usage is at 100% and barely moves from there as long as I am playing the file(s).

Is it possible that my computer just isn't powerful enough (despite being new) to play some of these files smoothly?
Old 2012-04-26, 01:48   Link #30
namaiki

Which dual core CPU? Is it an i5 or i3, Core Duo, some AMD thing?
Old 2012-04-26, 01:51   Link #31
TempestGarden

Quote:
Which dual core CPU? Is it an i5 or i3, Core Duo, some AMD thing?
Some AMD thing.... LOL (you are funny)

AMD E-450 APU

Here is the exact computer with specs that I have here....

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/PV.SHWP2.001

It is an Acer and it was all I could afford. I thought it was pretty decent but I might be wrong. LOL
Old 2012-04-26, 01:55   Link #32
namaiki

Oh dear... Well with a CPU like that, I would personally stay away from any 10-bit stuff. Use CoreAVC or LAV Video decoder in whichever media player. Try with DXVA enabled in CoreAVC or LAV Video settings (with the latest LAV Video, you can try it's DXVA copy-back option but that might be too slow so then you can just try the other DXVA option). Note that DXVA doesn't work for 10-bit video.

For subtitles, preferably use the following: xy-vsfilter.googlecode.com (This won't work with DXVA, only DXVA2 copy-back in LAV Video)

To use DXVA, you need to use the EVR-Custom presenter and use a DXVA decoder (see CoreAVC and LAV Video above). You can't use vsfilter with pure DXVA but it will work with DXVA copy-back - DXVA2 copy-back doesn't have the same limitations that pure DXVA mode has)

For subtitles, with pure DXVA mode you need to enable subtitles in your media player. To do this in MPC-HC, tick "Auto-load Subtitles" under View-> Options-> Playback.

Last edited by namaiki; 2012-04-26 at 02:06.
Old 2012-04-26, 02:11   Link #33
TempestGarden

Quote:
Oh dear... Well with a CPU like that, I would personally stay away from any 10-bit stuff. Use CoreAVC or LAV Video decoder in whichever media player. Try with DXVA enabled in CoreAVC or LAV Video settings (with the latest LAV Video, you can try it's DXVA copy-back option but that might be too slow so then you can just try the other DXVA option).

For subtitles, preferably use the following: xy-vsfilter.googlecode.com
Yeah I was afraid you were going to say that. LOL

I should have posted that link in the first post of this thread and then you guys could have just told me that this computer sucks from day 1 and I wouldn't have had to go through all this trying to figure out why I don't get smooth playback. Unfortunately it was all I could afford at the time.

I have been using CoreAVC for some time now and I will try it with DXVA enabled and report back. As you know, everyone wants to encode with 10 bit these days, so it is sometimes a challenge to find 8 bit versions from certain fansub groups.

I went to the page you mentioned and unless I read it wrong, you have to have madVR with this. I went down that road briefly and I got vastly inferior video quality to what I was getting with CoreAVC. Again, I think my pc is not powerful enough to use madVR.

It is 3:10am here on the East Coast so I have to hit the sack. Thanks so much for all the help. I will report back tomorrow after trying your suggestions.

Thanks again.
Old 2012-04-26, 02:14   Link #34
namaiki

You do not need to use madVR to use xy-vsfilter.
Old 2012-04-26, 03:57   Link #35
EroKing

My laptop has an old 1.6ghz core 2 duo intel chip with just 512mb and it runs 720p 10 bits just fine. Plain EVR settings and no changes to the default CCCP setup.

You can try experimenting with these later.

Playing mkv 10bits Guide

Help with proper Karaoke playback Guide
Old 2012-04-26, 15:04   Link #36
TempestGarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
My laptop has an old 1.6ghz core 2 duo intel chip with just 512mb and it runs 720p 10 bits just fine. Plain EVR settings and no changes to the default CCCP setup.

You can try experimenting with these later.

Playing mkv 10bits Guide

Help with proper Karaoke playback Guide
Yeah, but I would be willing to bet at this point that your laptop processor is even more powerful than this one here. I think this is a pretty low-end processor I have, to be honest.

Thanks for the links, I will check those out.

I was considering trying mplayer2 but I wasn't sure if this was a standalone player or if it also needed codecs. If it's a standalone, would it still work if I have my codec packs installed, or would they interfere with the player working properly. If my main issue is my processor speed, I still don't think even mplayer2 will really be the answer to playing the 10 bit files, but I could always try it and see.

Just for the future, can anyone recommend what the absolute minimum pc requirements are for playing 10 bit without problems? In other words, minimum CPU and speed as well as video card or graphics. This way I will know next time what I at least have to get in terms of a computer.

Thanks.
Old 2012-04-26, 19:44   Link #37
namaiki

mplayer2 is standalone. It won't conflict with anything. (from what I have heard these are the preferred versions: http://doom10.org/index.php?topic=1269.0)

For playing 10-bit video, I recall my P8600 (2x2.4GHz) had a little trouble with some huge 1080p encodes when combined with subtitles - though I never tested it with xy-vsfilter as this was a long time ago.

My current system with a i5 540M CPU (2x2.53GHz) plays these same encodes without issue. The newer Intel CPUs are faster clock for clock and according to passmark, the newer Intel Core i5-2537M @ 1.40GHz scores even faster than mine.
Old 2012-05-27, 14:48   Link #38
Ryuudou

I highly do not recommend using CCCP.
Old 2012-05-30, 01:52   Link #39
sa547
*Author

Something's amiss here: the drivers are also suspect, including those for the graphics cards; if these haven't got updated, then try to get the latest (downgrade to the previous older driver if that doesn't work).

Also, anyone reporting playback problems on Win7/64/SP1 should also provide about the specs of their rigs (CPU, motherboard, memory, videocard, etc), as one's configuration may not necessarily work for another.
Old 2012-06-07, 10:47   Link #40
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Its not just your graphics card you also need a good cpu. If your trying to use MadVR it means your trying to play it in HD. CCCP would be a bad idea because it'll cause a conflict between the two filters. CCCP is good for anything non 10-bit though. It'll get the job done.

Spec wise i'm not sure. My computer is 8 years old. The only times I have problems playing 10bit encodes is when the action scenes are all over the place. OP/EDs are always unwatchable. Comps too old and cpu can't handle. You could probably google it for minimum specs.

Your CPU is waay too low. Also its a chipset. Which my friend calls a chipshit. Chipsets are bad news. Its low end and good for moderate tasks like browsing the web.