081 - 090: Great... 15 22.06%
071 - 080: Very Good... 4 5.88%
061 - 070: Good... 4 5.88%
051 - 060: Average... 7 10.29%
041 - 050: Below Average... 1 1.47%
031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 2 2.94%
000 - 010: Sometimes you wonder why the animators even bother to show up to work... 5 7.35%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-08-26, 01:13   Link #1
james0246

[Anime-only] Shippuden Episode 175 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted before it airs in Japan (which is Thursday at 07:29 PM).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
    • Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.

This Week's episode:
The Hero of the Leaf Village - 木ノ葉の英雄 ~ Konoha no eiyū.

Description:
Quote:
Nagato finishes reviving everyone he had killed and dies due to running out of chakra. He entrusts his dreams to Naruto and Konan likewise decides to believe in him. After retrieving Nagato and Yahiko's bodies, she gives Naruto a boquet of flowers symbolizing the hope Naruto represents. After erecting a memorial for Jiraiya, Naruto returns to the village and is, after years of pain and isolation, finally hailed as a hero.
Credits –
Animation Supervisor: Eiichi Tokura (165, 155, 146) and (A) Yumenosuke Tokuda (120, 107, 093)
Storyboard: Hiroshi Kimura (155, 146, 139)
Episode Director: Hiroshi Kimura (155, 146, 139)
Screenplay: Yuka Miyata (167, 159, 156) and (A) Masahiro Hikokubo (173, 168, 163)

Title for Next Episode:
Iruka the Novice Teacher - 新米教師イルカ ~ Shinmai kyōshi Iruka.

Last edited by james0246; 2010-09-02 at 10:06.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 07:21   Link #2
EoT
~~

Enjoyed this episode because it was rather touching!

But next week seems like it's filler time!
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 07:58   Link #3
naruske

Naruto the Hero! Great arc but now it looks like we're gonna wait awhile for the next one.
naruske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 08:21   Link #4
oompa loompa

One of the most epic arcs in the entire series. Am rather sad to see it end, just as I was when it did in the manga.

BUT.

BUT.

It's that time again folks!
You know it!
You.. probably don't love it!

Can I hear a
F-
Fi-
FILLERRR CITTTYYYY!

(I don't think the next arc will be a long filler arc, but I do think it will be followed by one - I'm guessing for at least another 10 episodes, maybe till the next season if we're lucky)
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 08:33   Link #5
Takashipl

This episode establishes new canon pairing - NaruIno!! She herself said she could fall for him
Takashipl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 08:41   Link #6
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

This episode was great. I can't believe it but... i almost got sad and happy. Just to follow the emotions of the people. From hated to sympathy. From outcast to hero. From Kyuubi to Naruto. I should've voted amazing...because it was amazing.

Naruto... he is finally to the point where Gaara was saved. When Gaara was brought back as a hero. When EVERYONE came for Gaara. That just might happen one day. The day that Naruto fails.. and at that point.... that the rest of the world. Let's say... all the ninja villages... sent EVERYONE...not just ninja's but villagers aswell to recover Naruto from enemy hands.

Villagers looking in trees, caves.. ninja's on high patrol day/night non-stop. To find this hero.
Old 2010-08-26, 08:46   Link #7
DarkHollowIchigo

Pure win.
Old 2010-08-26, 11:33   Link #8
Galeontanilla
Charming General Person

I actually teared up, lol.

And what do we have here, Ino? Seems like a really good back up if NaruSaku doesn't work out.
Or you could just stop going for Sakura in general. You and Ino have so much in common! Like, blonde hair.

At the same time, though, the animation was still crappy as hell. Tenten looked pissed when Gai and Lee
were talking about Naruto.
Galeontanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 12:00   Link #9
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Aww, just as I was getting excited that we had finally gotten through one of the best arcs this far in Shippuden, I had to discover that we're going through fillers...

What, did Iruka feel like he didn't get enough screen time at the end of this episode? Is selfishness taking a predominant toll in preventing the movement of the storyline?? Goddammit, Jim, and I not a doctor???

Revel in nostalgia while you still can!

In the meantime, I hope this isn't the last we see of Konan... :S
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 12:20   Link #10
monster

This episode makes me want to forget about the Uchiha clan. If Naruto (the story) had ended here, I would've been happy. It's as good an "ending" as I could hope for.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 12:26   Link #11
lordblazer
Radical Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
Aww, just as I was getting excited that we had finally gotten through one of the best arcs this far in Shippuden, I had to discover that we're going through fillers...

What, did Iruka feel like he didn't get enough screen time at the end of this episode? Is selfishness taking a predominant toll in preventing the movement of the storyline?? Goddammit, Jim, and I not a doctor???

Revel in nostalgia while you still can!

In the meantime, I hope this isn't the last we see of Konan... :S
I think Iru sensei's filler won't be a bad idea. It'll add to the story. I mean I started following this anime in 8th grade, and now I'm entering graduate school getting ready to take my FSOTs to become a diplomat. This show is a kids show, but coming from my background, and having it tough I can kind of relate to this show, and its kinda why I was and am able to do the things I do today. Sounds lame, but crap if anyone is complaining lets hear them speak 4 languages and live in 13 different countries, I do a lot of research. Anyway great episode!!

literally made 8 years of following Naruto worth it.
ciao!
lordblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 12:28   Link #12
poolfan
NOOB

Great end to a great arc. It's so good even the trolls couldn't bear to give it a bad rating.
poolfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 13:30   Link #13
Arjento

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolfan View Post
Great end to a great arc. It's so good even the trolls couldn't bear to give it a bad rating.
Ok end to an average arc that could have been epic.

Let's not get carried away here. The phoenix down x99 h@x was a cop out.

You would have thought they would at least sort the animation out for this episode too.

I rarely hate on this awesome series, but I guess I bought into the hype for this arc.

The highlight of the arc is definately the battle between Pein & Transforming Naruto/Kyuubi.

I'm not sure how the ending of the battle was in the manga but...flying Rasengan?

Come on.

Enough with the Spamengan.

Oh look here comes fillers.

*sigh* Well at least there's Fairy Tail & KHR to keep me occupied.

Don't even get me started on Bleach...
Arjento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 14:05   Link #14
kitten320

Nice ending, liked the hug scene and that Ino moment, especially when Shika and Chou went "Huh?!"
ShikaIno fans, looks like your chances are becoming smaller by each second

Also looks like animators decided to go at full power and even made Ino yjrow him in the air with others

And it is probably the first time when I didn't mind the repetitive flashbacks.
Old 2010-08-26, 14:20   Link #15
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordblazer View Post
I think Iru sensei's filler won't be a bad idea. It'll add to the story. I mean I started following this anime in 8th grade, and now I'm entering graduate school getting ready to take my FSOTs to become a diplomat. This show is a kids show, but coming from my background, and having it tough I can kind of relate to this show, and its kinda why I was and am able to do the things I do today. Sounds lame, but crap if anyone is complaining lets hear them speak 4 languages and live in 13 different countries, I do a lot of research. Anyway great episode!!

literally made 8 years of following Naruto worth it.
ciao!
Same here, well not 8 years. 5 years, I'm going into my third year of college, and I started watching the show in the 9th grade. I probably wouldn't ever start watching the show now, if I hadn't started then. This episode really tugged at the ol' heart strings.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 14:30   Link #16
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Thought the first half was great, the second not so much. Way too cheesy towards the end for me, but then I always preferred Naruto as the outcast/underdog - this hero business is too much.

Best part - Kakashi talking with his dad was very well done.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 14:58   Link #17
MikeyGrey
believe...

flashbacks went from rescuing gaara to jaraiya dying; missed the hidan-kakuzu arc. i guess most of the villagers dont know that he developed a tech that 4h couldnt even though regular rasengan seems to be recognized by all konoha nin who managed to see one
MikeyGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 15:57   Link #18
Maxtro

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
This episode makes me want to forget about the Uchiha clan. If Naruto (the story) had ended here, I would've been happy. It's as good an "ending" as I could hope for.
I feel the exact same way. It felt like a great end to the series.

Naruto's story is over, he got everything he wanted.

What I would love to see is a time skip 10 years into the future where Naruto is Hokage and married to Sakura or Hinata.

The story would fallow a new character going through the academy. A girl main character could be interesting. All the current characters would make random appearances.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 16:37   Link #19
iBeast

^Thank god your not a writer.

And what the hell man, next week is a filler? They better make the next arc top notch because it's the best one yet.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 16:56   Link #20
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Great Episode, unfortunately following a possible string of fillers, but it looks like the animators are trying to squeeze in more NaruHina moments in the fillers
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion