Notices

Old 2010-07-04, 18:43   Link #81
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lange Neus View Post
Since I don't think anyone has openly shed tears for the ED yet allow me to be the first.

Aah my beloved Angela, how the mighty have fallen...
WTF ANGELAAAAAA???????

NO WAYYYYYYYYYYYY

I feel like crying ;_;

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 19:12   Link #82
Lightseeker

Whats wrong with the ED?
Lightseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 19:21   Link #83
Midonin
Last Engage

I think it's because the sound and show they're promoting with is somewhat different for angela, but I don't see anything that bad with it. Bands do change their sound sometimes, a little experimentation never hurt anybody. And even then, this is hardly the first semi-fanservicey show that they've done. Asura Cryin', while half action-oriented, also had a full episode of being chained together and Misao teasing Tomoharu by describing breasts.

Plus, the ED is catchy as hell.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 19:51   Link #84
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Plus, the ED is catchy as hell.
This, I was wondering what singer and song was at the half way mark, then to my surprise it's the ED, catchy as hell is how I would describe it.

Once again I find trouble thinking thats Satou Satomi, like in Mayoi Neko Overrun I was surprised that was Ritsu, usually I have no probs with this but there are times where I only think of one particular for the VA. Notably I always have trouble with Aya Endo as I always think of her role as Miyuki from Lucky Star.

Well I liked it so far, I found myself chuckling alot. Humor is def hit or miss here.
Old 2010-07-04, 20:16   Link #85
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightseeker View Post
Whats wrong with the ED?
Up until now, she's done cool songs for action-type anime, and this time, it is more of a silly song for a silly anime.
Well, randomly coming up with a conclusion on a person you like and then getting mad or crying for them when they turn out to not be the way you expect them to be is only so much better than not reading up on what a series is and then watching it and complaining that it isn't what you expected. Eh? I'm not talking about some of the posts in this thread, nope.

PS, @Midonin:
I wouldn't even call this semi-fanservicey because there really isn't any fanservice.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 20:18   Link #86
Qikz

Wow, that first episode has definately made me want more, that's 3 series so far this season I've thought were good!

The bit with the Newspaper interview made me laugh so much.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 21:20   Link #87
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

Such oddballs I pity the guy Goody luck! I do love how they kept the 4-koma feel, A+ in my book.

Trap + Ponytail + Mini-skirt + Stockings = Deadly Combo
Sai Feng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 23:22   Link #88
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Likable cast. Random humor. Love Tsuda's inner monologue with himself, which reminds a bit of Kyon's. Definitely should be fun to watch this series.
Old 2010-07-05, 00:04   Link #89
Preacher

We got SnI, now SY. Whats next? Seitokai no Otanoshimi?
Old 2010-07-05, 01:16   Link #90
Johnny
Working the bags...

I didn't mind Shino, Suzu, or Aria. I actually like her perverted side, go figure. However, Takatoshi could have had a dead hamster stand in for him and I wouldn't known the difference. At least Ken was hilarious and a likable character in his role. I hope Takatoshi develops some sort of personality besides a doormat...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 01:25   Link #91
dreamingxashley
K-ON Fangirl

I liked it, I cant wait for more.

I will probly get trolled for this, but my first impressions were Lucky Star + Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei with a tiny bit of Strawberry Panic for spice... I was laughing pretty much through the whole thing.

Some of the subs sped by too fast for me... and the Ryomuro(sp) subs had commercials left in half way through? O.o
Old 2010-07-05, 03:58   Link #92
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
We got SnI, now SY. Whats next?
You forgot to mention quite a number of Seitokai shows that happened before those two.
Old 2010-07-05, 05:40   Link #93
Lange Neus
Dikke Vinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Up until now, she's done cool songs for action-type anime, and this time, it is more of a silly song for a silly anime.
Well, randomly coming up with a conclusion on a person you like and then getting mad or crying for them when they turn out to not be the way you expect them to be is only so much better than not reading up on what a series is and then watching it and complaining that it isn't what you expected. Eh? I'm not talking about some of the posts in this thread, nope.
You did pick up that my sentiments go towards Angela at least. Regardless of what I think of the ED (hell I think it's catchy too, though not remotely special), we should all know what her voice is capable of. I wouldn't go as far as to call it a waste of her potential (god knows she brought it out often enough in the past), I just wish it wasn't her doing the ed is all
Lange Neus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 10:11   Link #94
Wrath88
Kissing...

Haha, pretty interesting anime. Loved all the innuendos.
Old 2010-07-05, 13:44   Link #95
MetaFire
Wuthuh?

I just randomly watched this and after finishing thought to myself, "wow, this is an animated 4-koma; this is an awesome show."

Just because of the way the style the jokes are done, It's a definite much watch for me. There's something about the seriousness and timing of the jokes and stuff that make it feel just right and better than other animes that had tried to do the same thing. It looked like any other anime until I was thrown back by seeing a shot of a teacher being amused by vibrating sex toys in the OP, haha.
MetaFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 16:07   Link #96
Erythraeum
Let's be friends~!

...it's SnI with sex jokes instead of otaku jokes!
Erythraeum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 16:09   Link #97
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erythraeum View Post
...it's SnI with sex jokes instead of otaku jokes!
SnI = Light Novel
SYD = 4-koma manga

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 16:12   Link #98
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightseeker View Post
Whats wrong with the ED?
I don't see anything wrong with the ED. I actually like it. I didn't know Angela can also sing an upbeat song. XD
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 19:16   Link #99
Ezilled

I had doubts before I watched it last midnight, but everything went better than I've expected.

It's actually fairly decent show with typical 4-koma jokes -- some are flat, some are quite funny. On the other hand, the blatant, sexual-oriented jokes were utterly unnecessary and didn't fit at all for the theme of the show. They don't have the sense of embarrassment for some reason but nevertheless, the SM parents caught me off guard though. In addition, I thought the character designs and personalities were somewhat unappealing and uninspired, totally like ctrl+v from other shows even the MC. But enough of that, I'll plan to continue watching it regardless.

PS I really liked the stamps in-between the segments. Oh yeah, OP/ED were utter meh.
Ezilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 22:18   Link #100
ZeKeR
Superbad

seriously.... WTF?! its like that certain anime that also had H stuffing in it all over again.... I APRROVE!!!!!!

Tags
comedy, shounen