AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-03-28, 11:27   Link #61
taichi-kun

Thank you very much for the info

I really liked izumi's flashback in the anime .. but well It didn't happen in the novel,It's a pity...

Spoiler:

Girls like Ogura.. ayano... arita are not important in the novel,right?

Last edited by taichi-kun; 2012-03-28 at 12:19.
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 17:07   Link #62
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
If the Agatha Christie Novel you have in mind here is S******* Mu****, then I can just agree. The difference between said Novels is that Kouichi hs both the narrative as well as the detective role, while Mrs Marpe does not have the former in mentioned Novel.
It is still a very good example for a few things that were bothereing me in this Novel too, actually even led me to the question whether Chibaki/original Misaki might be faking the pehnomenon. Namely the fact that S******* Mu**** is imho a very good example that both witnesses and culprits are allowed to twist the truth to their bidding as long as there are clues to the contrary.

Its just too bad that there is no official english translation for Another... Well hopefully once will come with Another 2....
Spoiler for Which Christie novel:
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 12:54   Link #63
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I like what the anime did with Izumi's character. Her previous meeting with Kouichi and her brother having been in class 3 two years ago were decent red herrings. Izumi's character made for a nice "distraction" (I'm not talking about her boobs) from the truth.
I agree 100%. We not only had a distraction (not talking about her twin tails) but another female character to balance out the group.

I think the changes made were for good reason and I don't see anything wrong with them. I would enjoy reading the novel one day, too.
Old 2012-03-29, 14:13   Link #64
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-03-29, 22:28   Link #65
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 09:47   Link #66
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Spoiler:
You know, if Kouichi and Izumi were in Class 3-2, this would be a rather.... average Romance Plot. I wonder how good Kouichi would be were he a harem protagonist instead of a Horror Show Protagonist.

Still, if this was romance, Izumi will be a Tsundere of the more "believable" type. Which is refreshing
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 20:54   Link #67
LKK

Yen Press announced that it has licensed the novel for e-books exclusive publication. Depending on the e-books sale, YP will later consider publishing the novel in paper. [Source 1][Source 2]

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 22:20   Link #68
Utsuro no Hako

I'm excited by this news on two fronts -- not only becuase I'll finally be able to read the book, but also because Yen hasn't announced any new novels in a while and I was getting worried they might get out of the market once they finish up with Haruhi, Kieli, Book Girl and Spice & Wolf.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 11:03   Link #69
LKK

Just a reminder that volume 1 of Yen Press' translation of the novel is scheduled for digital release this month. (Both Amazon and Barnes & Noble are listing a March 19 release date.) At the moment, Yen Press still does not plan a print release, digital only across multiple platforms.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2013-03-20, 14:27   Link #70
Utsuro no Hako

About halfway through, and all I can say is I really wish I could turn off my memory of the anime. As it is, just about every page has me thinking, "Oh, well that's a major clue now isn't it?"
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 21:46   Link #71
taichi-kun

August 1st is the date for Another spinoff novel
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 22:14   Link #72
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
About halfway through, and all I can say is I really wish I could turn off my memory of the anime. As it is, just about every page has me thinking, "Oh, well that's a major clue now isn't it?"
I finished part 1 and had a very similar reaction. Things that I would have glossed over if I hadn't watched the anime took on very different meanings.

I look forward to part 2. My understanding is that the anime diverged from the novel there at the end. I'm curious to read how the original played out.

Old 2013-07-19, 18:06   Link #73
ukulelembo
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
August 1st is the date for Another spinoff novel
http://www.amazon.co.jp/Another-エピソー.../dp/404110498X
ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-17, 00:16   Link #74
mekami

currently watching!!