AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-19, 17:41   Link #3221
ProfileOF
Dame Ningen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElricKeyblade View Post
I have a question...

Where can I go if I want to read the synopsis of what happened in the game fate/unlimited codes? Or is it just a fighting game? I particularly want to know about the different fates of Saber and Gilgamesh...
Altogether there are 16 charactors available in the game and there is a particular route and ending for every one of them.
I feel it rather hard to describe how Saber and Gilgamesh are acting...
ProfileOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 19:30   Link #3222
Nerroth
NePoi!

With one exception; Zero Lancer has no proper story route in F/UC. (He does have some unique interactions with certain other characters, though.)
Old 2011-11-22, 21:23   Link #3223
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuutsu View Post
Arcuied seems to gain just a little bit more power than the opponent she is fighting from the Earth.

But what happens if she meets an entity greater than the Earth? It's not like the Earth can provide more power than it has, right? How would she fight an entity that is granted power from something like the VY Canis Majoris?
Arc has a maximum powerlevel which she can't go beyond no matter how strong the opponent. If she fights someone stronger than her maximum power, then she just loses....
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 00:24   Link #3224
GeostigmataShi

I know saber wish to redo the king selection...
but what about the other servant?
what are their wish?
GeostigmataShi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 00:44   Link #3225
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Arc has a maximum powerlevel which she can't go beyond no matter how strong the opponent. If she fights someone stronger than her maximum power, then she just loses....
Is he talking about Arcuied from Tsukihime?
Old 2011-11-23, 01:07   Link #3226
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeostigmataShi View Post
what are their wish?
Not every servant has a wish to fulfill. Most became heroic spirits due to their famous acts, and are summoned by the Grail in each Grail War. In fact Saber is a special case because she made a pact before she died.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 02:24   Link #3227
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
what are their wish?
To be valid, I’ll just base my answers with quotes from http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/TYPE-MOON_Wiki. You can go the the link itself if you wish to understand more:

Caster: “Her primary objective shifted from obtaining the Holy Grail for herself to simply preserving their (Caster & Shoichiro’s) short time together. To achieve this end, she has been siphoning Mana from the populace of Fuyuki City and has been fortifying her position on Mount Enzou.”

Fake Assassin: “Because of his limited status, Assassin cares little for the Holy Grail, and outside of his duties to Caster, he only seeks to enjoy a decent sword fight.”

Archer (possible future Shirou): “Even knowing that the Throne of Heroes was isolated from time and apace, Archer desperately came to believe that his only hope of release was to be called into an era where Emiya Shirou exists and kill his past self, creating a time paradox which could potentially erase his existence as a Counter Guardian.”

Gilgamesh: “After he saw enough of the modern world he decided to cleanse it from humans since they have become weak and unworthy of his rule. On the course of the 4th Grail War he took interest in Saber and developed an obsession with her.”

Zero Caster: “Like his Master, he is almost devoid of any morality, and has no interest in obtaining the Holy Grail. He enjoys offering his victims brief moments of respite, or even the hope of release or escape, before inflicting death through gruesome and horrific means.”

Zero Lancer: “Lancer sees the Grail War as a miracle that will allow him to regain his pride as a knight by delivering the Grail to his master. He sees no use wishing upon the Grail as simply being summoned has already half-fulfilled his greatest desire.”

Zero Rider: “He is an enormous man who has little interest in the Holy Grail and cares more about conquering the world again, especially now that he realizes the world is much bigger than he was aware of during his life.”

As for the other servants, it’s not that clear what they truly wanted from the grail, but considering that most of them died horribly in regrets, it’s not a stretch to assume that they wanted to fix or redo something that is wrong in their previous lifes. Some fine examples would be Night's Rider, Berserker, and Zero Berserker
Old 2011-11-23, 11:25   Link #3228
GeostigmataShi

is realta nua extra ending canon? :'D
the one that saber and shirou met in avalon...
GeostigmataShi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 11:29   Link #3229
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
is realta nua extra ending canon? :'D
the one that saber and shirou met in avalon...
Well it's Nasu's own writing and it's in the game along with all the other canon stories, so I really don't see a reason why not. Others don't though.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 11:58   Link #3230
Kaiba

Quote:
what are their wish?
In Zero? Well, the wishes of Rider, Berserker, and I guess Archer would be spoilers at this point.

Assassin I'm not sure about. The True Assassin from the Heaven's Feel route, who is also Hassan but has a different Noble Phantasm, wants immortality, so I guess that's what they're after.
Lancer just wants to serve his lord ( which means Kayneth) loyally, like a good knight should.
Caster wants Jeanne, who he thinks is Saber.

Also, I've always been under the impression that if any single route is "canon", persay, which is difficult if not impossible to establish, it's the Heaven's Feel True ending, where Shirou becomes a normal human and not the broken figure he is and stays with Sakura.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 13:49   Link #3231
Ragna92

Anyone know what CIS stands for? Everytime I go in some Gilgamesh vs some other character thread, people mention something about CIS on/off.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 14:48   Link #3232
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

CIS stands for Character-Induced Stupidity. I'm guessing in Gilgamesh's case it's a crack at his arrogance and how it can sometimes end up biting him in the arse. Gilgamesh certainly does suffer from it a lot so it's always reasonable to factor that in.
http://mangafox.wikia.com/wiki/CIS
Old 2011-11-23, 19:27   Link #3233
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
CIS stands for Character-Induced Stupidity. I'm guessing in Gilgamesh's case it's a crack at his arrogance and how it can sometimes end up biting him in the arse. Gilgamesh certainly does suffer from it a lot so it's always reasonable to factor that in.
http://mangafox.wikia.com/wiki/CIS
That makes sense, I was just thinking something totally different. Well without CIS Gil would just kill everyone so I guess it's the only way to stop him from being broken.
Old 2011-11-24, 03:52   Link #3234
ElricKeyblade

Thanks to ProfileF and Nerroth for answering most of my previous questions. ^^

I have another one...in the Unlimited Blade Works route, does Gilgamesh still want Saber? If so, does anyone know what scenes?

(And yes, I'm a closet GilgameshxSaber fan and a full-on ShirouxSaber supporter...which is why I don't want to go through the entire UBW on youtube to look for GilxSab scenes, if that makes any sense...)
Old 2011-11-24, 06:58   Link #3235
giorno

No, he doesn't seem to care about saber in UBW
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 07:12   Link #3236
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I think he still cared, but it was just that in between Gilgamesh being busy preparing the Holy Grail and Saber being stalled by Assassin, he just never got the chance to fully focus on Saber.
Old 2011-11-24, 11:25   Link #3237
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElricKeyblade View Post
Thanks to ProfileF and Nerroth for answering most of my previous questions. ^^

I have another one...in the Unlimited Blade Works route, does Gilgamesh still want Saber? If so, does anyone know what scenes?

(And yes, I'm a closet GilgameshxSaber fan and a full-on ShirouxSaber supporter...which is why I don't want to go through the entire UBW on youtube to look for GilxSab scenes, if that makes any sense...)
In UBW Gilgamesh is more focused on the bigger picture and his plans for the world, rather than just his crush on Saber. And honestly, his character is all the better for it (even though aesthetically it's a little annoying that he maintains his casual outfit for the entirety of the route).
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 18:14   Link #3238
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
No, he doesn't seem to care about saber in UBW
Yeah he does care about Saber in UBW. He mentions that keeping Rin alive would be useful now since she's sabers master.
Old 2011-11-24, 19:02   Link #3239
giorno

the question was whether Gil still went after saber in UBW. In that sense, Gil didn't really care, as he's more focused on unleashing angra maynu on the world...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 20:01   Link #3240
ElricKeyblade

Actually, signs of Gil still caring about Saber work for me too. :P
Thanks you guys!