AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2015-05-08, 15:11   Link #901
Big Fig
Homufan

Is anyone considering that hard cover graphic novel of Rebellion that's up for pre order on some sites?
Big Fig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 19:10   Link #902
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fig View Post
Is anyone considering that hard cover graphic novel of Rebellion that's up for pre order on some sites?
Now that's very interesting.

Do you know who's doing the artwork for it?

From what I found out about it, it's over 400 pages long, and on some sites very reasonably priced for a graphic novel. Quite tempting...
Old 2015-05-08, 23:05   Link #903
Big Fig
Homufan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Now that's very interesting.

Do you know who's doing the artwork for it?

From what I found out about it, it's over 400 pages long, and on some sites very reasonably priced for a graphic novel. Quite tempting...
According to all of the sites I've seen it being sold on, the art is done by Hanokage (who did the illustrations for the manga adaptation of the show, if I'm not mistaken).

It's definitely one of the least costly things I've come across, since I have the bad luck of usually missing out on preorder pricing.
Old 2015-05-09, 19:35   Link #904
GDB

Has it hit rightstuf yet? Or link in general about it?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 21:38   Link #905
Big Fig
Homufan

Here is the link for RightStuf: http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6...m/104569/4/0/0 Unfortunately, it seems like they are no longer taking preorders.

Anime Castle still has preorders open: https://www.animecastle.com/p-152436...-story-hc.aspx I don't have any experience with Anime Castle, but it has good reviews and people seem to be satisfied with it.

Amazon in the UK also seems to be selling it and you could probably find it there with a simple search. It's not on the US site, though. Aside from that, the only other place I've found the novel on (AnimePoko) has been labeled a scam site (but that could be incorrect info, as I also have zero experience with them).
Old 2015-05-13, 17:32   Link #906
GDB

Looked into it a bit more and corresponded with Rightstuf about it.

Don't bother ordering it from Anime Castle (and I'd assume not from Amazon (regardless of region) either, since it's still YenPress). YenPress decided to not to publish it. A reason was not given. This is directly from Rightstuf, and this is why it's not available for pre-order any longer.

From what I read elsewhere, it seems they realized they didn't have the rights to publish it as a single hardcover volume, and instead will hopefully release it as individual paperbacks.
Old 2015-05-13, 22:36   Link #907
Big Fig
Homufan

That's a shame. Is there a link to the place where they talk about the rights issue?
Old 2015-05-14, 17:24   Link #908
GDB

Not that I'm aware of. That's just the only reason I can think of that would explain them canceling it and deciding to release it as soft-cover volumes instead.
Old 2015-07-03, 18:54   Link #909
Triple_R
*Author

My good friend and fellow AS member Dr. Casey sent me a second belated birthday gift, to compliment the earlier one he sent before (that arrived just before my birthday). I am very grateful to him for these two awesome gifts. The second is a figurine of a character known well around here. I give you...

Puella Magi
Sayaka☆Miki!!!

I decided to tell a little story with these two gifts. A story that I hope my fellow Madoka Magica (and Love Live!) fans will enjoy.

Spoiler for Puella Magi Irony Halation!:

I hope everybody reading this enjoyed the little story I told here.
Old 2015-07-03, 20:38   Link #910
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

I....I wasn't ready for the 'enemy' at all. Amusing mini story there for your gifts.
Old 2016-12-27, 19:51   Link #911
Triple_R
*Author

My sisters gave me a nice little Christmas gift that Madoka Magica fans might like. I am very grateful to them for this gift. This gift is a certain Madoka Magica character wearing an elegant white dress. I give to you...

Akemi Homura!

I thought it might be fun to tell another Tremendously Thrilling Triple_R figurine adventure! So please enjoy a new figuRRRine story in the spoiler space below...

Spoiler for High Homura Happy Makers:
Old 2017-10-29, 17:39   Link #912
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Saw this at the mall yesterday.

Anyone here play the Madoka Magica card game?
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
madoka magica