Spoiler for Preview:
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 10:50   Link #82
flou
That's no lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Spoiler for Preview:
It's just a strange angle. It's still there (I rewatched the preview to doublecheck)
flou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 11:03   Link #83
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Yeap. If you see the extended preview, the arm's still there. In that picture, you can actually see Exia sword hilt on the left arm. It's still intact
Old 2007-11-11, 12:04   Link #84
Honey_and_Cleaver

Seems pretty much FMP vibes out of this. FMP plus Gundam Wing all together, Allelujah being Agito from Air Gear. This show is becomming a bit of a De Ja Vu, predictable and nothing with "wow" at the moment.

Spoiler for bull exia:
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 13:03   Link #85
Tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
Allelujah being Agito from Air Gear.
Alleluhaj/Hallelujah being Agito/Akito from "Air Gear"
Agito/Akito being Dr. Jekyll y Mr. Hyde from "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde"
=
Alleluhaj/Hallelujah being Dr. Jekyll y Mr. Hyde from "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde"

Tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 14:03   Link #86
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I guess I'm the only one not seeing FMP everywhere I look in this series. There's no Chidori type, no Lamda Driver, the captain is nothing like Tessa and any other comparisons are superficial to barely tangible at best.

Further FMP isn't the only thing in history to ever have two people who fought in the past to come back to fight again later down the line. In fact it's a pretty common element in war dramas. To me Ali is more comparably to Haman Khan's role in Zeta Gundam then to Gauron, and I bet they end up not even sharing the same personalities either. He and Setsuna probably shared a bond in the past that was broken, and a ghost from Setsuna's past (much like Haman was one from Char's) has returned to observe him, whether he knows it yet or not.

The only thing I see, that I think was probably just a casting coincidence is that Shinichiro Miki is playing Lockon Stratos, a sniper. Shinichiro Miki is also a member of Weiss, which has a long standing history of having it's members end up in Gundam series. Usually it's Takehito Koyasu, but I think he's taking a break this year or something.

Anyway, I'm sure if people go trying to find comparsions between 00 and FMP then they'll probably find loose links to their number 23, but it'll be just that, a loose link that will likely get even looser as the show progresses.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 14:10   Link #87
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geass View Post
He used a Tieren High Mobility Type, probably the fastest of the Tieren units, so he wasn't that far behind the others.
Heh, it may be the fastest, but it doesn't seem like the most maneuverable. I can't see it pulling off any crazy maneuvers. Seems like the thrusters are more for fly-bys than anything else.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 14:12   Link #88
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I'm sure if people go trying to find comparsions between 00 and FMP then they'll probably find loose links to their number 23, but it'll be just that, a loose link that will likely get even looser as the show progresses.
alright, maybe making FMP comparisons is a bad way to put it, it's just that it's occasionally more enjoyable for discussion purposes to do it that way. bottom line, the current situation is a relatively cliched one.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 14:35   Link #89
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
alright, maybe making FMP comparisons is a bad way to put it, it's just that it's occasionally more enjoyable for discussion purposes to do it that way. bottom line, the current situation is a relatively cliched one.
I have a feeling they'll take things further then the trope itself though. A lot further. I seriously doubt that Sunrise set out to rip off FMP though. I know they want a hit, but that would be the last thing that would deliver them one. You can't have FMP without the high school stakeout style comedy anyway, so it will never get closer then some of the characters reminding people of other ones.
Old 2007-11-11, 14:37   Link #90
Geass
~Power of the King~

Quote:
I have a feeling they'll take things further then the trope itself though. A lot further. I seriously doubt that Sunrise set out to rip off FMP though. I know they want a hit, but that would be the last thing that would deliver them one. You can't have FMP without the high school stakeout style comedy anyway, so it will never get closer then some of the characters reminding people of other ones.
I figure it's just a little tribute they're making, since they have FMP's mecha designer working on 00 and Kurz's seiyuu doing Lockon. You know,

"Hmm, well we could do this and this...say, doesn't that sound like?"
"Would could make a connection here...."
"That sounds a bit like..."
"Good idea! Let's take that a step farther..."

And tada! That's how you get the similarities in the plot and characters.
Old 2007-11-11, 14:43   Link #91
Honey_and_Cleaver

Quote:
There's no Chidori type, no Lamda Driver, the captain is nothing like Tessa and any other comparisons are superficial to barely tangible at best.
Well we have the girl following Saji like Chidori. Even the Gundam is similar to FMP, its light weight and flexible like the Utz. Marina like Tessa, somewhat different kind of role but similar,(nobody would find a guy to be interesting playing this peace politics). The hero must get a girl somehow, women must have leadership role even if in middle east, the prince are to rule or even coincidence the princess is left alive. Kreuz Webber handling the sniper as always. Women sells.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 15:02   Link #92
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Well we have the girl following Saji like Chidori. Even the Gundam is similar to FMP, its light weight and flexible like the Utz. Marina like Tessa, somewhat different kind of role but similar,(nobody would find a guy to be interesting playing this peace politics). The hero must get a girl somehow, women must have leadership role even if in middle east, the prince are to rule or even coincidence the princess is left alive. Kreuz Webber handling the sniper as always. Women sells.
What...........
Old 2007-11-11, 15:59   Link #93
Katsumara
The cake eater.

Eh, I'm not bothered by women in power, but the Captain's breasts are just.. wow. I mean, is it wrong when she came on the screen, all my attention went to her? Not that I'm that shallow of a guy D: It's just.. I don't know why. Seems like they did it on purpose.

Also, I noticed the animation took a hit, but you can't have every episode done just perfectly. It does bother me when people miss their faces, but eh. Oh well.
Old 2007-11-11, 16:57   Link #94
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
From randomc.animeblogger.net:
In Japan, Saji brings Setsuna some food because his sister had cooked too much, but Setsuna is on his way out, so he doesn’t take it. As he’s walking away, Setsuna comments on the space station misfortune, and Saji admits that he didn’t think that Celestial Being would save them. Setsuna quietly says that he didn’t think so either but Saji doesn’t know what he really means.

Setsuna is pretty mean......and I love it *__________________*
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 17:10   Link #95
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airi View Post
From randomc.animeblogger.net:
In Japan, Saji brings Setsuna some food because his sister had cooked too much, but Setsuna is on his way out, so he doesn’t take it. As he’s walking away, Setsuna comments on the space station misfortune, and Saji admits that he didn’t think that Celestial Being would save them. Setsuna quietly says that he didn’t think so either but Saji doesn’t know what he really means.

Setsuna is pretty mean......and I love it *__________________*
actually I'm thinking that that's a precursor to Setsuna ending up becoming a nicer guy in the long run.

stuff like episode 5 is the beginnings of the fact that Celestial being can't really run away from the consciences/emotions, even though they try, and now setsuna's starting to at very least think about it.
Old 2007-11-11, 17:38   Link #96
Hydex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
actually I'm thinking that that's a precursor to Setsuna ending up becoming a nicer guy in the long run.
Of course. Like always.
Hydex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 17:52   Link #97
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

At least we can see his personality emerging from his words....
It's a start!!!
Old 2007-11-11, 18:05   Link #98
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Quote:
What...........
Huh...........indeed
Old 2007-11-11, 18:20   Link #99
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
BTW, was it ever said, if there is a reason for Setsuna to live alone in some sort of apartment, instead of hiding together with the others on their secret island?
Who's to say the others don't have their own housing arrangements elsewhere?

I mean it looks like they're doing nothing but living in their hangar/containers, but looks can be deceiving.
Old 2007-11-11, 18:30   Link #100
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I don't understand...?????where are the similarities??????