AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-21, 14:04   Link #61
Talendra

Yea, crocodiles behaviour is damn funny for us as readers... but seen from his position, he is basically setting himself up as the weakest fraction in this war. Even if he would be able to beat dofla AND jozu... he made both major forces of this battle his opponent, and he surely is not the kind of person to go on a rampage without a backup plan / emergency exit, now is he?

Concerning the Pacifista... while i find it pretty cool to see them sparring with the NW crews for these to display their power, im a little afraid that these 9+ minor fights could drag the war to a degree where it really gets painful... or that it ends up bleach-FKT-pillar-defense-style ... but hey, Oda did an amazing job so far in showing a real battle situation with a lot of fodder-fighting in the background, changing opponents, macro-scale strategic interactions... so given that record, there is no need to be afraid, is there?
Old 2009-10-21, 14:39   Link #62
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talendra View Post
Yea, crocodiles behaviour is damn funny for us as readers... but seen from his position, he is basically setting himself up as the weakest fraction in this war. Even if he would be able to beat dofla AND jozu... he made both major forces of this battle his opponent, and he surely is not the kind of person to go on a rampage without a backup plan / emergency exit, now is he?

Concerning the Pacifista... while i find it pretty cool to see them sparring with the NW crews for these to display their power, im a little afraid that these 9+ minor fights could drag the war to a degree where it really gets painful... or that it ends up bleach-FKT-pillar-defense-style ... but hey, Oda did an amazing job so far in showing a real battle situation with a lot of fodder-fighting in the background, changing opponents, macro-scale strategic interactions... so given that record, there is no need to be afraid, is there?

Oda is showin the rest of em how a war really goes. ( Take notes Bleach )

I don't expect there is any danger of this war gettin rather painful to read. Plenty of powerhouses and abilities to be displayed...plus there is the chances of Rayleigh & Dragon showin up and then Blackbeard and his plan. I really don't mind how long this lasts. I've been lookin forward to it for so long and now we're 11 chapters in./
Old 2009-10-21, 15:30   Link #63
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Buggy's expressionless face when he noticed his own bomb came back at him when the bomb was staring at his face from an arm's length is definitely a priceless moment.

We also see Luffy's rage. Unfortunately no translation so far on these scenes.

And the last part. We don't see many of the Pacifistas in the picture, just the ones in the front, but I am hoping their total number (or an approximation to that) is given through the comments in the last couple of pages.
Old 2009-10-22, 01:46   Link #64
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well from I seen in the raws, looks like another great chapter for me, simply cause its got some Buggy ownage in it!
Old 2009-10-22, 03:37   Link #65
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

^you are soo mean bonta kun... no body ownage Mr. Red Nose!!
somehow he deserve that part to hahaha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Oda is showin the rest of em how a war really goes. ( Take notes Bleach )

I don't expect there is any danger of this war gettin rather painful to read. Plenty of powerhouses and abilities to be displayed...plus there is the chances of Rayleigh & Dragon showin up and then Blackbeard and his plan. I really don't mind how long this lasts. I've been lookin forward to it for so long and now we're 11 chapters in./

Yeah many possibility comes to mind, and when it comes to reyleigh... I'm seing a tiny light possibility about the reunion of the Strawhats... they all have the oldman v-card didn't they?
Old 2009-10-22, 09:01   Link #66
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
^you are soo mean bonta kun... no body ownage Mr. Red Nose!!
somehow he deserve that part to hahaha...

Yeah many possibility comes to mind, and when it comes to reyleigh... I'm seing a tiny light possibility about the reunion of the Strawhats... they all have the oldman v-card didn't they?
I would be very pissed off if the rest of the StrawHats showed up in this war. This war isn't about them.
Old 2009-10-22, 09:39   Link #67
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

^YUP... I difinetly agree about that... it's just 'maybe'....
Old 2009-10-22, 10:46   Link #68
andy

They might show up at the end to save luffy . When he needs to leave after the war is done.
Not that i see that happening just the only time i think they could come with out doing any thing much but still be part of the story . Then from there to fishman island .
Old 2009-10-22, 11:02   Link #69
hkBattousai

^ Yeah, at the end of the war both sides will encounter this problem. These fighting two forces must separate before one of the fighting side is eliminated. If not, one of them will disappear from this world, and the other one will be the absolute power after the war, which would unbalance the world powers. Shirohige may lose this war (I don' expect him to be killed, but who knows...), but the WG is not supposed to lose. If the WG loses this fight the entire story will be a mess, everything depends on the existing of WG.

There is a scenario in my mind, the WG may attempt to unleash power of an ancient weapon. But the activation of this weapon will take some time. So the war will be a time-limited match. By the end of this time limit, things will go wrong, and this weapon will become unstable. Both sides will run away from the battle area. So the war will end without any of the sides becoming completely eliminated.

What do you think of this theory?
Old 2009-10-22, 13:02   Link #70
marvelB

Well, I think james0246 can rest easy, because this is Mihawk's full line about Luffy in the chapter (from cnet's translation):

Quote:
Mihawk: (That is no "skill" or "technique"... but the simple ability to turn those around him into his allies... // I would call that the most dangerous ability... // ...in this entire ocean...!!)

So no, he didn't say that Luffy was the most powerful man in the sea, but simply considers the influence he has on others to be his most dangerous ability (again, I'm very certain that this is his Haki at work here)......

Anyways, awesome chapter. I always love how epic Oda makes the story sound through the narration. I'm still doubting that the Pacifistas are the marines' trump card, since Sengoku made it sound like he had something truly vile in store for the pirates. Something that would make the public turns its back on the government in the blink of an eye if they were to witness it for themselves. Really makes me wonder just what else the marines have up their sleeve besides their human weapons......

....Well, if we've got Sentoumaru leading the PX army, maybe this means that Vegapunk himself is somewhere nearby. I certainly wouldn't mind getting a glimpse of the good doctor, no matter how brief it may be (I'd even settle for a silhouette)......

By the way, I love how Buggy didn't show any fear when attacking Mihawk. He truly is the most badass pirate of the blue seas.
Old 2009-10-22, 13:26   Link #71
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

This is gonna be helluva fight for WB's alliance. They're in a whole lotta trouble. Time for WB to make his move. He hasn't done much other than stand around...
Old 2009-10-22, 14:07   Link #72
Prestige

Magnificent chapter, truely epic.

I never could predicted that Mihawk could go after Luffy and specially so seriosly, and Mihawk... I really underestimated him, that guy is damn monster, he tryed to cut up Luffy but Luffy dodged and his attack sliced entire frozen tidal wave other side of battlefield.

Zoro has long long road ahead if he wishes to survive against Mihawk.

Oh and Buggy vs Mihawk moment was great, it went much like we expected but he was not that much of inconvienece to Mihawk.

Looks like Marines are winning, arrival of entire platoon of Pacifistas is really really bad news for Whitebeard, those Pacifistas annihalated supernovas in Shabondy and they might even got some upgrades.

I think Senkogu just dont want to show the world what kind of massacre is about to happen.

And Pacifistas are not most humane weapons.
Old 2009-10-22, 14:44   Link #73
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, I think james0246 can rest easy, because this is Mihawk's full line about Luffy in the chapter (from cnet's translation):

So no, he didn't say that Luffy was the most powerful man in the sea, but simply considers the influence he has on others to be his most dangerous ability (again, I'm very certain that this is his Haki at work here)......

Anyways, awesome chapter. I always love how epic Oda makes the story sound through the narration. I'm still doubting that the Pacifistas are the marines' trump card, since Sengoku made it sound like he had something truly vile in store for the pirates. Something that would make the public turns its back on the government in the blink of an eye if they were to witness it for themselves. Really makes me wonder just what else the marines have up their sleeve besides their human weapons......

....Well, if we've got Sentoumaru leading the PX army, maybe this means that Vegapunk himself is somewhere nearby. I certainly wouldn't mind getting a glimpse of the good doctor, no matter how brief it may be (I'd even settle for a silhouette)......

By the way, I love how Buggy didn't show any fear when attacking Mihawk. He truly is the most badass pirate of the blue seas.
I still think it's the PX army . Do have any idea how scary people would find it that WG has whole bunch of super soldiers that they can command at will. No matter what the WG does the PX are going to obey. If your a nation that is scary as hell. Plus the WG mostly going try to kill all the pirates no matter what it's going to be a mass killing if they get there way. I also certain some normal marines going get caught up on it also. Don't want people see you killing the people working for you .

Also seem james also does not have to worry about what mihawk said , It's a normal line for a shonen hero.
Old 2009-10-22, 14:56   Link #74
hkBattousai

Maybe the WG doesn't want to hide Pacifista army from people, they just want to hide them from the Revolutionaries or any other similar strong threat. The WG doesn't want the Revolutionaries to find out that they have a super powerful card to play, may be they want to have a surprise attack in case of another war.
Old 2009-10-22, 15:00   Link #75
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

ok, so how many people want to bet that the kumabots are later going to turn on the Marine and will be reveal to be under The Dragon's control?
Old 2009-10-22, 15:02   Link #76
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkBattousai View Post
Maybe the WG doesn't want to hide Pacifista army from people, they just want to hide them from the Revolutionaries or any other similar strong threat. The WG doesn't want the Revolutionaries to find out that they have a super powerful card to play, may be they want to have a surprise attack in case of another war.
No, from what Sen Goku said, what they are about to do is something that the public would not accept and would cause their faith in the world gov't to waver
Old 2009-10-22, 15:08   Link #77
andy

Just read chapter again even the people looking on wondering why the WG trying to kill ACE early , so not only they going look like cowards there going and try to do mass killing also . No wonder they cut the show.
Old 2009-10-22, 15:16   Link #78
Prestige

World Goverment are going to show their true colors...

They dont want world witness truth of World Goverment motives so they shut down all broadcasts.

World believes that WG is upholder of order and justice and protector of world peace, well this is sort of true but its also a dictatorship using extreme measures to stay in power.

If world would witness mass executions of pirates in Marineford they would be horrified and public opinion would turn heavily against WG.
Old 2009-10-22, 15:26   Link #79
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Another enjoyable chapter this week as Luffy demonstrated the use of mantra(jk)

Buggy humor was the great thing about this chapter. Now we just need mr 3 to get an opponent in the battle.

Now since the strawhat cover stories are over i wonder what Oda will move to next. I hope he decides to show what happened to the remaining Supernova's.
Old 2009-10-22, 15:27   Link #80
hkBattousai

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Just read chapter again...
I didn't read the chapter.
A few weeks ago, Prestige gave me a link for spoilers, but this week that source doesn't contain any pictures or information more that this thread includes.
And I have no idea where you people read the latest spoilers...
All I know about this chapter 561 is from what I have been reading in this thread.

EDIT: I have just seen the full release in another site, but still I will appreciate if someone gives me a spoiler source for the next week.

Last edited by hkBattousai; 2009-10-22 at 15:58.
Closed Thread