Notices

Old 2012-05-01, 16:19   Link #15841
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
to use what I constantly see on FB...

Seems Legit.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 16:25   Link #15842
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Looks more like the bear floating than falling.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 16:26   Link #15843
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

Old 2012-05-01, 18:22   Link #15844
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
My arsenal would mostly likely involve something along the lines of bus/truck with a motorcycle as quick get away. Also, the storage space of all the guns and more people. And type of zombie is useful and how they track humans. Sight, smell, sound; how fast and powerful?

Anyways, from that list...
  1. C or D; I prefer the "If they can't catch you, they can't kill you" Also, you want explosives? M203
  2. A, C, D; Which ever has the most readily available ammo supply, though. Honestly, a pistol or smg would be nice for the just in case, but a crossbow for utility, Along with rope, the possibilities! I can't decide....
  3. D; I think sharp edges are better than blunt force, it's not reliant on resources like the chainsaw (although would be awesome to have as a armament for a vehicle to plow through zombies), and generally easier to wield than a katana
  4. C; Although, you should try to have all 4 of them, or at least 2 of them. Especially the rope for the crossbow. Scope is on the crossbow, M16, and sniper and binoculars aren't 100% necessary but staying away from the enemy is always good. Flashlight for night visibility, but is might also give away your position to zombies. Although... visibility is better than stealth IMO. Rope for climbing or carrying stuff. Other uses exist I'm sure. Swiss army knives are very generally useful like food for example. You don't want to be mixing zombie flesh with your canned beets.
  5. A or B, SUV/Jeep/Hummer/Humvee for powering through zombies with decent speed, motorcycle for speed. Tank might be fun, but too gas heavy and slow but a least you can live in it almost indefinitely (provided infinite food). A yacht might be reasonable if you can secure an island paradise without zombies and all the food, water and shelter you'll ever need, and assuming zombies can't swim.
  6. any of A - D; Bear Grylls's knowledge might be defunct in a post-apocalyptic world. I'd rather someone keep me sane than have someone as bait. Also, hopefully they are at least capable of saving themselves.

At any rate, after enough survival, you should have a band of allies and a caravan to not really have to worry too much about weapon supply. And a truly prepared person should have an assault rifle with scope at least or any ranged weapon really (crossbow counts), some sort of close ranged weapon ( shotty or [dual] smg), a pistol or 2, and at the very least a melee weapon. And anything that could be used as utility, grappling hook, rope, flashlight, etc.

Now if resources aren't a problem, and I could afford to do this for the lulz, then my choices are as follows,
  1. A - C; A depends on my surroundings and whether I'm safe to sit around and shoot for hours on end. B really is for explosions, but C also has explosions and I can still have a decent rifle range to practice accuracy.
  2. A, B, or D; spray-n-pray with the smg sounds like so much fun, but the high power of the desert eagle is so appealing. And infinite fun with a crossbow? I shudder.
  3. C; B is a close contender.
  4. C; Infinite rope for the win! I said resources aren't a problem and in this scenario it's required that fun is to be had
  5. C; Practically a fortress on treads with a rotating cannon. Although, I might not need an RPG if I had this...
  6. D; Is that even a question? Repopulation all the way!

Wow that was long...

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 20:02   Link #15845
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Because bouncy round things are just that irresistible apparently:

This misunderstanding brought to you by SandwichAndCereal.~
Old 2012-05-01, 21:58   Link #15846
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Well, about time somebody collected ALL of them:

Old 2012-05-01, 22:48   Link #15847
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Endless "I can make it" Soul
Old 2012-05-02, 03:23   Link #15848
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Must......find.........Signal

Choose your bicycle

Old 2012-05-02, 06:27   Link #15849
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
Spoiler for size:
Assuming an urban/suburban environment...

1. C. Assault Rifle. Especially an AR-15 type has both fire-rate AND accuracy over long range, plus moderate clip size and is relatively compact and lightweight for an assault rifle. I'd probably nix the grenade launcher attachment, though. If at any point I were facing enough zombies to actually need to use a grenade, I'm probably good as dead, anyway. There's also the danger of infectious, aerosolized zombie bits to think about. Not to mention where the hell would I possibly find the ammo for it? I can't exactly raid my local gun store.

2. C. Lightweight, plus ample ammo to be found everywhere. The suppressor sells it for me. If you need to take out a zombie or two at range quickly but don't want to let the entire neighborhood know that dinner is served, a suppressor would be worth its weight in gold. D was close because of its obvious secondary use as a hunting implement, but if I'm in the city (which I probably would be), I would prefer to have something with a higher rate of fire.

3. A. Nothing beats an aluminum bat. Good for smashing windows, doors, OR zombie faces. Especially zombie faces. B is too tough to maintain (not to mention unwieldy in really tight CQC) and C is extremely loud and noisy, plus relies on fuel that I'd rather use for my vehicle. D is an extremely viable option both as a tool and as a weapon, but probably better for the country than an urban/suburban environment.

4. D and B. You just can't beat the Swiss Army knife. You just can't. Mine's got everything from a bottle opener to a knife, perfect for fixing stuff or doing delicate tasks, within reason. B you just can't pass up, either, but frankly you shouldn't be wandering around at night during the zombie apocalypse. Just not a good idea. But you need it because power is going to be out everywhere, and going into a dark abandoned house blind is pure suicide. A would be useful in many situations, but is kind of bulky. C would be useful to escape down a tall building or restrain a crazy survivor, but if you do use it, it may be a single-use application. Not good.

5. A. Motorcycle is fast and agile but REALLY exposed. You hit an obstacle and you're dead. Tank is just plain stupid. Even assuming you have infinite fuel, you'll eventually need to refuel, and that means getting OUT. If you're surrounded when you run out of gas, you're essentially in your own, lovely, 67.6-ton coffin. Boat is equally stupid for urban situations, as you can only use it in the water. Unless, of course, you live near the ocean or another large body of water. An SUV, assuming you put bars or bullet proof glass on it, would be a veritable tank already, not to mention more practical.

6. B or D. Jason if you want to live, Olivia if you want to live in continuous sexual frustration.
Old 2012-05-02, 07:04   Link #15850
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Why i think naughty when is the girl above it?

and face palm at 1:18..her expression is EPIC!! hahahahahahaha

another crazy commercial..Japan is the best!

hahahaha...really 1:18 is something epic..is look like........what the f****
Old 2012-05-02, 07:08   Link #15851
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

When you see it...
Old 2012-05-02, 07:19   Link #15852
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ I don't see anything.
Old 2012-05-02, 07:20   Link #15853
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Shinigami Pizza

Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 07:43   Link #15854
HasuMasu
*Artist

Oh damn.

Is that like, some kind of subliminal message about Coronary Heart Disease?
Old 2012-05-02, 07:45   Link #15855
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Endless "Silver lining" Soul
Old 2012-05-02, 12:17   Link #15856
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android

Aw how cute :3 If I could get my hands on one, I'd mail it to that cousin o' mine who eats all the chocolate whenever she comes over.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 12:27   Link #15857
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Teddy Bear tumors?

Endless "It's not a tumah!" Soul
Old 2012-05-02, 12:45   Link #15858
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

No, teddy bears are now alive, and reproduce via Budding, like starfish and certain plants.
Old 2012-05-02, 14:16   Link #15859
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Neptune : Sega Saturn
Noire : PS3
Vert : Xbox 360
Blanc : Wii

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 15:15   Link #15860
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

This was sent to my firm's email today:

Quote:
From Mrs.Ruth Zaman And Son David.

Dearest in Christ Jesus,

My name is Mrs.Ruth Zaman a nationality of Kuwait. I am married to late Mr. Simon Zaman who worked with Kuwait embassy here in GHANA for nine years before he died in the year October 2008. We were married for twenty years with a child. My Husband died after an illness that lasted for four days May his Soul rest in perfect peace Amen.

Before his death we were both born again Christians. When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of (Eleven Million U.S.Dollars) with one of good banks here in GHANA presently, this money is still with the bank. Recently my Doctor told me that I would not last for the next three months due to my cancer problem, though what disturbs me most is my stroke. Having known my condition I decided to donate this fund to church or better still a Christian individual that will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct here in. more especially earthquake victims in Haiti and also any organization of your choice, the poor and the motherless babies. I want a person or church that will use this fund to churches, orphanages, research centers and widows propagating the word of God and to ensure that the house of God is maintained.

The Bible made us to understand that blessed is the hand that giveth. I took this decision because I have a child that will inherit this money but my son can not carryout this work only because I and my late husband decide to use some of the money to work for God and live some for our son to have a better live. our son is just 17year old now and been grow up in Africa, he have low maternity and my husband's relatives are not Christians and I don't want my family hard earned money to be misused by unbelievers, I don't want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly manner. Hence the reason for taking this bold decision. I am not afraid of death hence I know that I am going to be in the bosom of the Lord. Exodus! 14 VS 14 says that the lord will fight my case and I shall hold my peace. I will like you to understand that my contact to you is a divine direction from God, I don't want any of my husband family relatives to receive this money but I know that With God all things are possible. As soon as

Remain blessed in the name of the Lord.

Yours Sister in Christ
Mrs.Ruth Zaman and Son David.

Tags
humor