AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2013-02-19, 23:58   Link #3441
OkamiNoKaze

Ooh I have a cool topic, Faustian deals, who got the worst deal, Magical Girls, Spawn's Hellspawns, Faust himself, or someone else?
Old 2013-02-20, 00:26   Link #3442
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Ooh I have a cool topic, Faustian deals, who got the worst deal, Magical Girls, Spawn's Hellspawns, Faust himself, or someone else?
imo spending eternity in hell as the price of doing such humanity changing things as ordering grapes is worse than actually saving people then dying but your soul helps someone somewhere out. Seriously, Faust uses his wish and has an agenda of all these great things he wants to do, but just wastes his time creating hot girlfriends and eating grapes all day. At least magical girls help people at some point. So I'm gonna say Faust (at least in the Dr. Faustus version).
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 09:49   Link #3443
maximilianjenus
[E]

ok,now the time to ask the question has come; how to avoid movie 3 spoilers without alienating yourself from the internet. i did not mind getting spoilered on movie 1 and 2 because they were remakes anyway, but movie 3 is a different beast; so here is hoping for suggestions.

[EDIT FOR ELABORATION]

So, an obvious place to avoid is the movie thread in here. all other topic in there might be safe, though I am not sure of this very thread (the general one).
walpurgischan and the puella wiki are out due to their format, 4chan is obviously out.
danbooru and other image aggregators are out (and avoiding those would be prety difficult)
I guess the church of madoka on facebook is off too.
sankaku complex might be out too.
This is pretty much what I have done to avoid eva movie 3 spoilers, am I missing some place ?

I used to not avoid image aggregators with the umineko novel translation and the images contained serious spoilers, though they did not make sense back then, but umineko is very different from madoka, so simple images might make more sense in madoka's case.

Last edited by maximilianjenus; 2013-02-25 at 10:57. Reason: elaboration
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 15:19   Link #3444
Laevatein

SF Debris will be reviewing Madoka Magica from the 23rd to 25th of April.
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 13:36   Link #3445
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Looks like Madoka Magica the Movie is for $100 XD

Last edited by bhl88; 2013-04-10 at 15:28.
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 23:40   Link #3446
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Anybody has the UK Blu-Ray of this show? I want to get it, but I'm not sure how great the picture quality is especially if it's as good as the Italian release.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 15:32   Link #3447
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Anybody has the UK Blu-Ray of this show? I want to get it, but I'm not sure how great the picture quality is especially if it's as good as the Italian release.
Any issues with the italian version? I've been looking into the UK release myself.
Old 2013-04-19, 16:30   Link #3448
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Any issues with the italian version? I've been looking into the UK release myself.
The Italian version is the best one. It removes most if not all the color banding and I think it has more film grain giving a much closer picture quality as the source. Unfortunately, it's far more expensive than the NA version and there are no English dub or subtitles.

I read some reviews and from accounts of those who actually have the UK version. It's pretty much the same as the JP and NA version. It still has the dreaded color banding, but at least it's better than the BD rips out there since it's the full BD quality.

I just ordered the UK version on Amazon UK. It's on sale right now for $37 Shipped to US compared at $120 for the NA version or $240 for the LE one.

I'm going to hold out on this for now after seeing that I can get the movie instead.

Last edited by Julio C; 2013-04-19 at 17:01.
Old 2013-04-20, 22:35   Link #3449
B2-Lancer

Quote:
The Italian version is the best one. It removes most if not all the color banding and I think it has more film grain giving a much closer picture quality as the source.... I read some reviews and from accounts of those who actually have the UK version. It's pretty much the same as the JP and NA version.
I'm just wildly asking why the quality varies so per country; does the series' international pop demographics help determine which country gets first crack at the best goodies?
B2-Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 22:57   Link #3450
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Yeah I guess...
Old 2013-04-21, 00:40   Link #3451
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2-Lancer View Post
I'm just wildly asking why the quality varies so per country; does the series' international pop demographics help determine which country gets first crack at the best goodies?
It has to do with the mastering and/or encoding processing. The people that worked for the Italian release managed to do a better job on the encoding process for their BD release than anybody else.
Old 2013-04-21, 01:41   Link #3452
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
It has to do with the mastering and/or encoding processing. The people that worked for the Italian release managed to do a better job on the encoding process for their BD release than anybody else.
Fortunately movie release is half price.
Old 2013-04-21, 08:15   Link #3453
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
The Italian version is the best one. It removes most if not all the color banding and I think it has more film grain giving a much closer picture quality as the source. Unfortunately, it's far more expensive than the NA version and there are no English dub or subtitles.

I read some reviews and from accounts of those who actually have the UK version. It's pretty much the same as the JP and NA version. It still has the dreaded color banding, but at least it's better than the BD rips out there since it's the full BD quality.

I just ordered the UK version on Amazon UK. It's on sale right now for $37 Shipped to US compared at $120 for the NA version or $240 for the LE one.

I'm going to hold out on this for now after seeing that I can get the movie instead.
Damn, that a shame. Any Shinbou anime deserves the best quality image I can get but my limited budget doesn't afford me going for a version in a language I can't understand. :-/
Old 2013-04-21, 12:38   Link #3454
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
Damn, that a shame. Any Shinbou anime deserves the best quality image I can get but my limited budget doesn't afford me going for a version in a language I can't understand. :-/
Take the movies. 50-60% cheaper than usual.
Old 2013-04-21, 13:47   Link #3455
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Take the movies. 50-60% cheaper than usual.
The thing is: while I want the movies as well the uk version of the full tv series in blu-ray is 25 british pounds at the moment. That's a steal as Julio-C has noted. And as I said: I can't really justify buying something without subs I can understand.
Old 2013-04-21, 16:46   Link #3456
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
The thing is: while I want the movies as well the uk version of the full tv series in blu-ray is 25 british pounds at the moment. That's a steal as Julio-C has noted. And as I said: I can't really justify buying something without subs I can understand.
... They are subbed lol. In English, French, Spanish, Chinese and Korean.
Old 2013-04-21, 17:31   Link #3457
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Quote:
The movies are english subbed and the UK BD release for the TV series is also english dubbed and subbed. Are you talking about the Italian release?
Old 2013-04-22, 14:54   Link #3458
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
The movies are english subbed and the UK BD release for the TV series is also english dubbed and subbed. Are you talking about the Italian release?
I actually thought that bhl88 was talking about an Italian release for the movies actually. I stand corrected though (but I'll still go for the UK release of the tv show. Can't beat the price for now).
Old 2013-04-23, 16:03   Link #3459
Laevatein

SF Debris reviews Madoka episode 1
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 21:01   Link #3460
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post
Oh god Chuck. You make everything hilarious.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen